Great Leader Sprucenuce
ChollaVille
free_cat
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Official: Bojan to Roma Empty Official: Bojan to Roma

Post by free_cat Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:56 am

"The Italian outfit will pay 12 million for the player and the agreement includes an obligatory repurchase clause to be exercised by FC Barcelona at the end of the 2012/13 season, for a cost of 13 million.

This purchase can be blocked by AS Roma, but in such a case the overall cost of the transfer will rise to 40 million euros."

SOURCE: BARÇA WEBSITE.

Makes no sense to put an obligatory buy-back clause IMO, especially for more than you sell him. Why not a loan?
A comment that a friend of mine made when he read the news: Rosell is definitely retarded.

I don't like insulting people, but I understand my friend's point.

Last edited by free_cat on Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:22 am; edited 1 time in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Official: Bojan to Roma Empty Re: Official: Bojan to Roma

Post by ChollaVille Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:14 am

We have 12M, if we buy him back we will lose 1 milion, if he flops we will have 12M.
Loan? We ca bring him back for free, but if hi flops we will not have 12M.

And if Roma wanna block back transfer, they will have to pay more €28M or we could buy him for €40M???

Last edited by ChollaVille on Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:16 am; edited 1 time in total
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:15 am

Sky Sports News are saying Barca have the option to buy him back for the same price at end of 2012/2013.

scratch
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:20 am

ChollaVille wrote:We have 12M, if we buy him back we will lose 1 milion, if he flops we will have 12M.
Loan? We ca bring him back for free, but if hi flops we will not have 12M.

And if Roma wanna block back transfer, they will have to pay more €28M or we could buy him for €40M???

No, the buy-back is OBLIGATORY. It means barça HAVE TO BUY Bojan at the end of 2012-13 for 13 milion.

Roma can block the buy back for 40 milion, but that's a completely impossible scenario.

To sum up, it's like loaning Bojan to Roma for 2 seasons, paying Barça 1 milion euro, and Roma having an optional buy clause of 40 milion (which they won't use, they'll never have the money).
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:22 am

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Sky Sports News are saying Barca have the option to buy him back for the same price at end of 2012/2013.

scratch

They are wrong, what I put there is from the Barça website.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:46 am

I don't understand this business of obligatory buy-back clause just as cat said.

Overall it seems like a two season loan with a very minimal profit. See we get E12m from them now. So using time value of money this amount should be higher than E13m in two years. Just think that Roma is taking Bojan on loan for two years, paying his salary in full and also giving us a small thank you gift.

Another reason for doing this rather than simply loaning him out might be cash flow. That E12m now can really help us. Rossell expects that within two years the club's financial position will be much more sound. At that time we will find it more comfortable to part with E13m.

The good news in all this is Bojan basically is still ours. There is this small possibility that he becomes such a huge star like he had promised to be in his early years that Roma want to pay the full E40m and claim him. In that case we would be helplessly regretting this.

Or in another way we can say that we are taking a loan from bank Roma with Bojan as the property that is being mortgaged. Smile

That's how I interpret it but I could very easily be wrong.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:00 am

I think your interpretation is very good.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:23 am

So in basic... we loaned money from Roma, and Bojan is just warranty.
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by taoito Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:34 am

I'm seriously still confused.
Is it a poor choice of word from Barcelona website or poor decision making in this transfer here.

But here is a quote from Bojan's press conference:
Bojan: "Returning to Barcelona? You never know, it will depend on me and how I perform."

So Bojan himself doesn't understand the transfer clause of his own transfer?
taoito
taoito
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:06 am

1. If we wanna get him back and Roma agree we will pay €13M
2. If we wanna get him back and Roma does not agree they will have to pay €40M

3. If we don't wanna to keep him and if Roma to does not wanna to keep him we will have to pay €13M (even with broken legs).
4. If we don't wanna to keep him and Roma wanna to keep him, he will just stay there.

ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:14 am

Pretty much we just took a loan from Roma to help fund for Cesc
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:16 am

ChollaVille wrote:
4. If we don't wanna to keep him and Roma wanna to keep him, he will just stay there.

No, it's obligatory purchase. If we don't want him, and Roma wants him, he will come back for 13 milion unless a new agreement is signed with Roma stating otherwise.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:56 am

That. Is. Confusing.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:32 am

Weird to say the least.
The important thing is that Bojan prospers.
I wish him all the very best.The kid deserves nothing less.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:58 am

free_cat wrote:I think your interpretation is very good.

Thanks man.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:03 am

I don't know how many of you followed Bojan's press conference but I read a lot about it on Twitter.

He's been much more frank than I expected him to be. Even where he doesn't say things exactly you can understand a good deal by reading between the lines.

He says that Pep is a great coach but he does not agree with some of his decisions. He had performed very well at the end of the 2009-10 season and due to that he expected much more playing time than he got in 2010-11. He did not get to play any part in both the UCL finals of 2009 and 2011. He got a clear impression that his ability was not trusted enough. Since the UCL final he hasn't even spoken to Pep. He goes to say nice things about his team mates, particularly Puyol and Xavi, but he doesn't say one good word about Pep. You get the feeling that Pep and Bojan may never work with each other. The kid does have a point, right? He wasn't so bad that he could never be given a start in place of Pedro or Villa against some of the weaker looking opposition at least.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:21 am

With Bojan off the wage bill, when Barca buy him back in 2013. Due to the saving of wages.

You are not actually losing any money at all. As i said in the Roma section this is basically a glorified loan.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:07 am

messixaviesta wrote:I don't know how many of you followed Bojan's press conference but I read a lot about it on Twitter.

He's been much more frank than I expected him to be. Even where he doesn't say things exactly you can understand a good deal by reading between the lines.

He says that Pep is a great coach but he does not agree with some of his decisions. He had performed very well at the end of the 2009-10 season and due to that he expected much more playing time than he got in 2010-11. He did not get to play any part in both the UCL finals of 2009 and 2011. He got a clear impression that his ability was not trusted enough. Since the UCL final he hasn't even spoken to Pep. He goes to say nice things about his team mates, particularly Puyol and Xavi, but he doesn't say one good word about Pep. You get the feeling that Pep and Bojan may never work with each other. The kid does have a point, right? He wasn't so bad that he could never be given a start in place of Pedro or Villa against some of the weaker looking opposition at least.

Yes, I read the press conference. I think Bojan has many points. Especially how little faith Pep had in Bojan after how Bojan saved Pep's ass in 2010 after Ibra's failure. I think Bojan deserved to start over Ibra long before the Inter semifinal (we would have another CL now) and to have more playing time during 2010, especially in those 10+ games in a row in which Villa didn't score.

Also it was quite sad that Bojan didn't play a minute in 2009 final having Pep another substitute (he could have subbed Bojan in when he subbed Pedro!), or in the 2011 it would have been more logical to give Bojan the last 5 minutes instead of Afellay too).

However, Pep himself has admitted many times to not have been fair with Bojan. So I don't think that Bojan's words mean that he will not be able to work with Pep again, as he said the same as Pep has said a couple of times. I think that they can work it out when he comes back in 2013, although it is very unlikely that Pep will still be with us then.

free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:49 am

Is it just me... or is the obligatory buy back an extremely good thing actually...

Its not stupid or retarded at all.

Some good points:
1. Bojan is essentially still ours. We still believe in him, don't we?
2. We get the money now, which we need. 12m is a great loan.
3. We free up the wage bill.
4. Bojan gets 2 years guaranteed as a Roma player, he will explode Wink

Vamos Bojan!!!
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:11 pm

After reading more on the subject it definitely seems like a glorified loan, as Mole said, in which we are basically paying Roma to take him as a loan so long as they give us some cash now we can use for the Cescgate. A very weird transfer. Would've been much more forward to just loan him out.

Gotta wonder how Roma agreed to these terms scratch

And just how is this fair to Bojan? His future is still at Barca's hands rather than his own. He might have a good season and come back to be a sub again.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:27 pm

free_cat wrote:

No, the buy-back is OBLIGATORY. It means barça HAVE TO BUY Bojan at the end of 2012-13 for 13 milion.

Roma can block the buy back for 40 milion, but that's a completely impossible scenario.

To sum up, it's like loaning Bojan to Roma for 2 seasons, paying Barça 1 milion euro, and Roma having an optional buy clause of 40 milion (which they won't use, they'll never have the money).

Shocked

Instead of Roma loaning the player for 2 years and paying fee to Barcelona...They include all this idiotic clauses to do the same thing as they loaned him,but instead of getting paid for the loan Barca pay Roma 1 million at the end of the deal.Unless Roma pay 40 to Barcelona instead.

One of Barcelona,free_cat or me is an idiot here,I wanna know who someone clear this up.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:40 pm

free_cat wrote:
However, Pep himself has admitted many times to not have been fair with Bojan. So I don't think that Bojan's words mean that he will not be able to work with Pep again, as he said the same as Pep has said a couple of times. I think that they can work it out when he comes back in 2013, although it is very unlikely that Pep will still be with us then.

Actually I remember Pep had said that he won't rest till he makes Bojan a better player but at that time I didn't think it would mean sending him away to become a better player. Yes since Bojan is the kind who doesn't get into feuds with anyone, they could work it out. However as a player he won't hold nice feelings about Pep since players are fond of those who have faith in them. Anyway there are too many variables here to say anything for sure. How well does he do at Roma? How long does L.Enrique last at Roma? How interested is Roma in keeping him after two years? How interested are Barcelona in getting him back after two years? Is Pep still there if and when he comes back? Maybe there are even more that I have missed.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:04 pm

This has got to be the most F***ED up transfer I've ever seen in my life. Mole put it best... a glorified loan.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:15 pm

Great Deal!

Next:

Romeu to Chelsea, Transfer fee will be 5m euros.
Barcelona will have an option to buyback Oriol Romeu from Chelsea for 8m euros over the next 2 years.

In 2 years, we will have Replacements for Villa & Masch Ready! Twisted Evil
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:12 pm

Masch will be 28 in 2 years, arguably at the top of his game.

Although if he can't find a starting spot I suppose it's possible he will want to leave.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next