Casciavit
neuro11
El Gunner
M99
BarrileteCosmico
37 posters

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

World Cup 2022 - Quarter-Finals - Page 8 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 - Quarter-Finals

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:26 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
sportsczy wrote:A lot of Brazil players were getting overhyped simply because they play in EPL. When you looked at their lineup, I only saw Neymar, Vini (hot and cold as we know), Casemiro and Allison. Felt the rest were very average (I don't like Marquinhos; he chokes too much).

This is a shit take. There's no question that player by player Brazil is vastly superior to Croatia.

They lost because Tite played a dumb 4-2-4 with 4 forwards uninterested in tracking back. Look at how they were still walking when the 2nd goal happened. That's a coaching problem, not a player problem. You can get away with 80s tactics vs minnows but not against organized european sides.

I think Tite deserves praise though for deciding to play their attacking football rather than be negative n play with 1 less attacker or something. Either way the coach with get criticised I guess. Play one less n u have trouble fitting in both Neymar n Vini in. I think Brazil is loaded but it has to be said Raphinha isnt exactly WC in comparison, he was terrible in this game (worryingly for a Barca fan Razz) n with no RB also means Brazil has nothing from the right, even from sub Antoni which must be worrying also for MAn U fans Razz

Brazils issue I guess will be eternally one of their weakness which is just the fact that its not their nature to defend a lot as a team (which they have done well at this WC though) or play dirty to time waste to see out matches, etc., n its not like this was WC2006 when they went with the R9/Ronaldinho/Adriano/Leonardo I think it was which was a very imbalanced team, I guess overall they still just lacked a bit of cutting edge/toughness/ruthlessness/luck... or whatever it was that somehow Croatia came up with to knock them out Razz

BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

World Cup 2022 - Quarter-Finals - Page 8 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 - Quarter-Finals

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:04 am

I believe. Let’s go. 🇲🇦
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:34 am

Myesyats wrote:This argentina team is not special. Messi's back is breaking from carrying them again. Feels like they will fold against France/Portugal/England who have more quality, not Australia aka the Socceroos or hoof-ball Netherlands

I'd bery very surprised if they go all the way

wow you guys love to overreact... they were literally cruising before conceding the first

in fact everything i've seen so far from this Argentina indicates that they might be "special" in the sense that this could just be meant to be for them...
- Messi clutch moments
- Martinez last minute save vs Australia
- they have penalty experience now for this tournament, in a match which in an alternate universe they would have cruised through and not garnered that penalty experience which may come in handy down the line
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:35 am

@S there is absolutely no way England are beating France and then Portugal and/or Argentina as well. Please.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:31 am

El Gunner wrote:
Myesyats wrote:This argentina team is not special. Messi's back is breaking from carrying them again. Feels like they will fold against France/Portugal/England who have more quality, not Australia aka the Socceroos or hoof-ball Netherlands

wow you guys love to overreact... they were literally cruising before conceding the first

in fact everything i've seen so far from this Argentina indicates that they might be "special" in the sense that this could just be meant to be for them...
- Messi clutch moments
- they have penalty experience now for this tournament, in a match which in an alternate universe they would have cruised through and not garnered that penalty experience which may come in handy down the line

added to that they now will be better prepared to defend a lead. you cant simply sit back vs a team good at hoof balls and having aerial advantages. they have players to slow the tempo and they gotta try that

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:39 am

I learned Acuna will miss the semi, anyone else will be in trouble for the madness of lahoze?

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:47 am

Mbappe vs Messi the final that we all deserve to watch. I know so many things to happen before that.
This world cup is turning out to be super dramatic and highly entertaining. I don't know why some sad haters are complaining about quality of football, it simply doesn't matter at this stage. For the fact that players at national level don't play with each other that much, I just loved to see how Croatia and Netherlands put fight tactically and mentally to match against such high quality players.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:21 am

BarcaLearning wrote:
Art Morte wrote:Argentina deserve to win, but that's another penalty that's far too big a reward for the situation that was happening in-play.

I'm really at a point where I don't want to watch football because of penalties. 90% of them feel super anticlimactic.

It can also be hugely entertaining for a neutral as well but I do understand the opinion. Football has been around for like a century now n yet still hasnt been a suggestion that comes near to replacing penalties to decide though... I mean what else can be introduced if two teams cancel each other out over 120 mins?

I'm not talking about penalty shootouts, those are fine.

But I dislike 90% of penalties that get awarded during a match. Too many of them come from situations where it didn't look like a great scoring opportunity was taking place, plus players look for penalties really cynically anyway.

Scoring goals from open play feels quite special - especially at a World Cup where so much is at stake. Getting a goal from a penalty kick feels really lame in comparison, imo.

When there's a penalty awarded in a tight game, my reaction nowadays is pretty much "well, I don't wanna watch this anymore, this killed my interest."
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:55 am

BarcaLearning wrote:
Lovely rincon Very Happy How is Qatar in general? It looks there is next to nothing apart from just the stadiums though? I mean is it just stay in the hotel n the stadium? What else is there? Razz

I am only here for basically 3 days so thee is not enough time to get bored. Definitely not staying in the hotel.

Being the world cup there is a great atmosphere. The city is really nice, next level of modernity. Strangest place I've ever been in though, due to the divide between the Qatari's and the migrant workers.

First time in the middle east for me so there is a lot to see and take in.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:03 am

neuro11 wrote:I learned Acuna will miss the semi, anyone else will be in trouble for the madness of lahoze?

i hope they have a good replacement for him because Acuna has been good this world cup... but then again it's not as if Croatia have any notable attacking threats...
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:50 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Beautiful Football wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:@Beautiful Football has thrown so much shade this thread, can't wait for him to eat his words Smile

Lets see.World Cup 2022 - Quarter-Finals - Page 8 1f600

Mate time to eat crow. We're all waiting  World Cup 2022 - Quarter-Finals - Page 8 1f609

Brother logged off lightning quick eco smile

That said I was betting on Netherlands and Brasil to go trough, so now I'm homeless anyone got a spare room looking to rent out?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:44 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Beautiful Football wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:@Beautiful Football has thrown so much shade this thread, can't wait for him to eat his words Smile

Lets see.World Cup 2022 - Quarter-Finals - Page 8 1f600

Mate time to eat crow. We're all waiting  World Cup 2022 - Quarter-Finals - Page 8 1f609

Good game by Argentina, Netherlands were awful though, hoof-ball and crossing tactics are not gonna win you the tournament. I have to say I didn't expect Argentina to win, nor did i expect Messi to Convert both of his penalties.

Anyway Argentina are not winning this world cup regardless. Even if they somehow beat Croatia I don't see how they are going to beat France/England/Portugal.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:49 am

El Gunner wrote:

- Messi clutch moments

Messi is special, I dont think the team as a unit is, though. I wasnt impressed with their performances and my bet is that France and Portugal are more likely to win the whole tihng

But they are favorites obviously, they have some things going for them, Croatia will be a real test tbf, Australia definitely wasnt and Netherlands was surprisingly poor
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:56 am

I don’t think Croatia will be a problem. Netherlands is a good team, I think the fact they looked so poor was down to how good Argentina were. It’s the final that concerns me for Argentina. I hope England make it, they are probably the weakest and most beatable out of France/England/Portugal.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:02 pm

Art Morte wrote:
BarcaLearning wrote:
Art Morte wrote:Argentina deserve to win, but that's another penalty that's far too big a reward for the situation that was happening in-play.

I'm really at a point where I don't want to watch football because of penalties. 90% of them feel super anticlimactic.

It can also be hugely entertaining for a neutral as well but I do understand the opinion. Football has been around for like a century now n yet still hasnt been a suggestion that comes near to replacing penalties to decide though... I mean what else can be introduced if two teams cancel each other out over 120 mins?

I'm not talking about penalty shootouts, those are fine.

But I dislike 90% of penalties that get awarded during a match. Too many of them come from situations where it didn't look like a great scoring opportunity was taking place, plus players look for penalties really cynically anyway.

Scoring goals from open play feels quite special - especially at a World Cup where so much is at stake. Getting a goal from a penalty kick feels really lame in comparison, imo.

When there's a penalty awarded in a tight game, my reaction nowadays is pretty much "well, I don't wanna watch this anymore, this killed my interest."

Hey Morty, we missed you, unique opinions Wink... hope you are doing well.

About you point, at the end the penalty during the game didn't matter much and Netherlands put some come back on the show. I guess still so much unpredictability

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:15 pm

@Beautiful Football they've been playing hoofball the entire LVG era Laughing

But anyways hope this let's you rethink some of your (wrong imo) opinions in our squad and mentality.

@myesyats while we are definitely below France's level, I think we are on par with everyone else
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:46 pm

I was watching BBC (or Bein?)post-match analysis, and the opinion is that this Argentina team is not that strong and still carried by Messi. The thing is it's not as flashy as France and Brazil or England on a player-by-player comparison even Portugal has more popular names than them. But no way Messi was alone contributing to the wins. Look at the finish of Molina, that's in no way an easy finish. What's the point of having flashy players (Lautaro?) missing sitters? This team is quite efficient, they are executing them well. Even Otamendi is also performing better than the expectations. The E.martinez was decisive today. So it's harsh to say that Messi alone is performing. Messi probably got the best supporting cast in his entire NT team life.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:55 pm

on a player-per-player basis i think Messi had his best supporting cast in 2010 and 2014... but this is definitely Messi's best Argentina team in terms of chemistry.

I agree with you though. Other players are also stepping up when it matters. Obviously it's not all Messi, but still it's clear to see Messi is doing a lot of the leading. Which is good, he is supposed to.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:40 pm

high intensity from both teams, love it even it's goalless. that's how football should be.
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:54 pm

Morocco up 1-0. Portugal keeper with a howler.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:59 pm

Just tuned in now, wow, whos that Morocco header jumped as high as CR/Jordan Very Happy

Could they really upset Portugal? Wow...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:05 pm

How long until Ronaldo to the rescue?

We play better without Ronaldo/Ronaldo is finished/let **** play usually dies down the moment the going gets tough and you actually need a big game player to bring it.

Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:07 pm

Morocco are organized so well, there is no coincidence here

You love to see these underdog stories play out

Last edited by Myesyats on Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:08 pm

Am I a dumbass? I always thought pepe was pronounced "Pep-ay" since I was young. The announcers all calling him "Pep"
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:09 pm

Also why aren't we giving yellows for these Portuguese players for diving? This is straight up embarrassing. Both Bruno Fernandes and Pepe went down with zero touch in the box. Lmao. I hope Morocco fuck em
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:14 pm

Boufal has been incredible this game and all tournament
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next