Cruijf
Casciavit
Thimmy
BarrileteCosmico
21 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Who will go through?

World Cup 2022 - Semi Finals Vote_lcap22%World Cup 2022 - Semi Finals Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 2 ]
World Cup 2022 - Semi Finals Vote_lcap44%World Cup 2022 - Semi Finals Vote_rcap 44% 
[ 4 ]
World Cup 2022 - Semi Finals Vote_lcap0%World Cup 2022 - Semi Finals Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
World Cup 2022 - Semi Finals Vote_lcap33%World Cup 2022 - Semi Finals Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 9

World Cup 2022 - Semi Finals Empty World Cup 2022 - Semi Finals

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:35 pm

World Cup 2022 - Semi Finals Jj8qsfxdr65a1

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

World Cup 2022 - Semi Finals Empty Re: World Cup 2022 - Semi Finals

Post by Thimmy Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:59 pm

World Cup 2022 - Semi Finals Rainbo10

German thread
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:39 pm

I think France will beat Morocco. Morocco parks a mean bus, but aside from Leao who came on as a substitute, they didn't face any team with wingers who can break their defensive shape more easily.

France has two of the best when it comes to doing that with Mbappe and Dembele. Aerial threat in Giroud, and long distance shooting threats in Theo, Tchouameni, and Griezmann. You can't forget France's set piece threat either. I have France winning in regular time.

Argentina-Croatia will be a lot tighter. Both teams will want to sit back, but Croatia actually has the technical quality to hold onto the ball so they're able to relieve pressure more effectively. They'll play to get to penalties, and I see that happening unless Messi magic bails Argentina out, again.

But knowing this WC we'll probably get a Croatia-Morocco final lmfao. I hope that isn't the case because the actual quality of that match would be dire. Hopefully it's Argentina-France. Messi-Mbappe legacy showdown is a great story.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:41 pm

I may eat my words but I am not very scared of Croatia. I was more concerned about Netherlands. Croatia is essentially a worse version of Argentina -- they are very good at keeping games tight and not conceding goals even against better teams. The difference is that Argentina is better offensively. So I would expect them to win.

I also think Argentina has the edge if it goes to penalties. Croatia has now won 4 WC shootouts in a row (between '22 and '18). Their luck has to run out at some point. They are also facing one of the best shootout keepers in the world.

As for France vs Morocco, I would love for Morocco to win but sadly I can't see it. They really rode their luck in the second half against Portugal. France is a better team offensively and should find a way to score.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:58 pm

I don’t think anyone will stop France. I look to them to repeat. With the other semi final, I look for. 2-0 Argentina lead and then they blow it, setting up a repeat final. Think that would be a first!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:35 am

Yeah I don't see either Croatia or Argentina sitting back in this one. Both teams are more comfortable with the ball. I think Croatia will win control though, as they have the better midfield.

France will end Morocco's run, which will give us a chance at the first repeat winner since France 62.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:38 am

Cruijf wrote:I may eat my words but I am not very scared of Croatia. I was more concerned about Netherlands. Croatia is essentially a worse version of Argentina -- they are very good at keeping games tight and not conceding goals even against better teams. The difference is that Argentina is better offensively. So I would expect them to win.

I also think Argentina has the edge if it goes to penalties. Croatia has now won 4 WC shootouts in a row (between '22 and '18). Their luck has to run out at some point. They are also facing one of the best shootout keepers in the world.

As for France vs Morocco, I would love for Morocco to win but sadly I can't see it. They really rode their luck in the second half against Portugal. France is a better team offensively and should find a way to score.

+1 on everything you said here
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:00 am

France has got to be the favs still. There is only so much u can rely on to make up for just pure football quality as a team. Arg got Messi n mentality, Croatia got similar in Modric/Perisic n mentality, Morocco even less Razz

France seems humble n determined to make up for the last Euros embarrassment, especially Mbappe. Also I keep praising the big team coaches in this WC willing to play positive attacking football including Deschamps playing Dembele has been a big shock. At times vs England France's midfield looked thin with just Tucha n Rabiot trying to stop attacks who had Luka Shaw bombing forward. Hard to imagine that with France in the past. Guessing Deschamps just thought they would outscore anyone Razz

Can only imagine France be stopped if Messi has an insane match n at least score a couple of goals... so hopefully Di Maria starts or Alveraz/one of the MF also has an insane performance n helps to score. Have to get past Croatia which should be the case, n no more pens do decide hopefully, just too cruel...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:54 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Yeah I don't see either Croatia or Argentina sitting back in this one. Both teams are more comfortable with the ball. I think Croatia will win control though, as they have the better midfield.

France will end Morocco's run, which will give us a chance at the first repeat winner since France 62.

These games come down to a handful of plays and the team that executes on those wins...  no guaranteed outcome in any of them. When you get to this kind of pressure, preconceptions about quality go out the window.  it's all about mental fortitude and luck frankly. Whoever takes their chances better will win.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:50 am

sportsczy wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Yeah I don't see either Croatia or Argentina sitting back in this one. Both teams are more comfortable with the ball. I think Croatia will win control though, as they have the better midfield.

These games come down to a handful of plays and the team that executes on those wins...  no guaranteed outcome in any of them. When you get to this kind of pressure, preconceptions about quality go out the window.  it's all about mental fortitude and luck frankly. Whoever takes their chances better will win.

Yup. Aside from Germany 7-1 Brazil, every WC semi finals since 1990 has been decided on less than a 1 goal differential.

There was Italy 2-0 Germany in 2006, but those two goals came in the last minutes of extra time. The WC semi finals are the tightest games in football.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:17 am

sportsczy wrote:

+1
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:46 pm

I’ll add that Upamecano hasn’t had a complete meltdown yet in this World Cup and that worries me. He’s usually good for a shocker every 4-5 games.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:11 pm

sportsczy wrote:I’ll add that Upamecano hasn’t had a complete meltdown yet in this World Cup and that worries me. He’s usually good for a shocker every 4-5 games.

I thought it was going to be vs Kane as Kane had his number for a bit but he recovered nicely. Sooo, the meltdown is there, bubbling on the surface lol.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:15 pm

sportsczy wrote:I’ll add that Upamecano hasn’t had a complete meltdown yet in this World Cup and that worries me. He’s usually good for a shocker every 4-5 games.

He had a number of sloppy challenges tbh but was lucky to get away with them
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:49 pm

International play is much less organized and the play is physical and gritty. I just think France is a bad match up for Morocco. But we’ll see. Crazier things have happened
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:11 am

This World Cup is France to lose , they got one hand on it. It will be legendary if we get to see Argentina ce France and Messi doing some crazy heroics to win the title … but I doubt it . Match is just a tough tough matchup for any of the remaining teams
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:44 am

I agree and so I was furious when I saw Kane missing the penalty. Not that england would have defeated France in regular time but in penalty anything could have happened.
Anyway, Argentina in final is not guaranteed. Croatia looks very confident. This makes sense because they played final last time too and defeated on paper a better team already. But one thing is clear Messi's emotional setup of legacy is not gonna happen on a red carpet. They need to beat two finalists of last time in the remaining two games.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:29 am

Argentina are not winning. And Messi is not doing shit. Croatia has better Defence and Midfield, even GK. if somehow they can score the first goal, game over. Argentina will chase shadows all game. Even if the game is leveled after 120 minutes, Croatia will win the PK shotout as they have better GK and better Penalty takers.This Argentina team is nothing special.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:30 am

Imo England showed that France can be beat. Looking at that match I would say Brazil would have been the perfect team to beat them.

Tchuameni, goal aside, was not able to build from the back. Him and the CBs were not good enough with the ball which France had problems bringing the ball forward cleanly. England's midfield controlled the center of the field. Theo was also not able to be an outlet vs Saka and Walker.

Argentina and Croatia both have better midfields. There is a good chance for either of them imo. The winning card that France has in this sense is Griezmann. His movement was amazing, popping up everywhere. I think Croatia can deal with him if they pair up Modric and Brozovic all the way at the back like against Brazil, but then they probably won't be able to score vs France.

For Argentina the biggest problem would be dealing with Mbappe. I can see everyone getting yellows trying to bring him down for 90 minutes.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:08 am

Beautiful Football wrote:Argentina are not winning. And Messi is not doing shit. Croatia has better Defence and Midfield, even GK. if somehow they can score the first goal, game over. Argentina will chase shadows all game. Even if the game is leveled after 120 minutes, Croatia will win the PK shotout as they have better GK and better Penalty takers.This Argentina team is nothing special.

at this point i honestly think Beautiful Football is on a reverse-jinx rampage
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:01 am

El Gunner wrote:
Beautiful Football wrote:Argentina are not winning. And Messi is not doing shit. Croatia has better Defence and Midfield, even GK. if somehow they can score the first goal, game over. Argentina will chase shadows all game. Even if the game is leveled after 120 minutes, Croatia will win the PK shotout as they have better GK and better Penalty takers.This Argentina team is nothing special.

at this point i honestly think Beautiful Football is on a reverse-jinx rampage

Only reasonable explanation for hos posts
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:36 am

WAtching the game in person must give u an extra better perspective rincon, and u r right, France's midfield is vastly different from the last few yrs when they had 3 behind Griezmann, which is why I keep praising Deschamps who traditionally has been so negative have been the most positive in this WC, playing Griezmann in the midfield with young Tucha n Rabiot. I think hes just believing his side will outscore opponents n his defense is good enough to concede too many in a game. Definitely a small weakness the French side have n England really took advantage especially with Walker n co. on the right managed to keep Mbappe quite n Shaw able to get forward a lot since Dembele is also weak defensively, no matter how much work Griezmann does hes not a true midfielder, so Tucha n Rabiot were often outnumbered n stretched.

England have much better players than the other 3 semi finalist though throughout the team, n prolly right as some mentioned above if Croatia might be better able to take advantage due to their elite midfield.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:38 pm

Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:50 pm

Messi's hold up play has been so good in these last two games.

Alvarez's hustle is unreal.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:56 pm

Alvarez said fuck it im going Road Runner mode Laughing

my challenge to Argentina now... keep a clean sheet.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next