Casciavit
neuro11
El Gunner
M99
BarrileteCosmico
37 posters

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

World Cup 2022 - Quarter-Finals - Page 4 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 - Quarter-Finals

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:53 pm

Casciavit wrote:Croatia really shithoused their way to another semis
still don't understand why Brazil bombed forward with only a few minutes left. Any self respecting coach would ask his team to defend a lead that late. Croatia would have sent a bunch of long balls up which Casemiro and the CBs would've gobbled up

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

World Cup 2022 - Quarter-Finals - Page 4 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 - Quarter-Finals

Post by Beautiful Football Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:55 pm

Croatia choke every team with their midfield, high chance they reach the final.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:57 pm

Beautiful Football wrote:now watch Argentina also out. glory days for european. south american teams really not good anymore to win wc.

Was I wrong! I said this tournament would be difficult to predict. Well that part of statement was probably correct, but I said it based on most European teams having problems and with South America, it seemed like only Brasil and Argentina were strong.

As it has turned out, most if not all Europeans have issues, but they are still better than rest of world and Argentina and Brasil have flair, but both struggle as soon as they play a good team.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:57 pm

This guy is what Brazil hoped Neymar would be. Luka didn't give a shit about glory and took the 3rd penalty.

Hope it's the last tournament they play with Neymar as their talisman
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:59 pm

futbol_bill wrote:
Beautiful Football wrote:now watch Argentina also out. glory days for european. south american teams really not good anymore to win wc.

Was I wrong! I said this tournament would be difficult to predict. Well that part of statement was probably correct, but I said it based on most European teams having problems and with South America, it seemed like only Brasil and Argentina were strong.

As it has turned out, most if not all Europeans have issues, but they are still better than rest of world and Argentina and Brasil have flair, but both struggle as soon as they play a good team.

Agree. They simply don't have vast talent advantage they use to have.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:01 pm

Overjoyed by Croatia win.

They failed to take any shots but Brasil had no answers for their midfield.

To score at the last minutes with their aged legs after having the wind knocked out of their sails tells me they're experienced and never say die attitude.

Penalties come and every Croat takes the ballsiest shoes with Modric's classy finish and Croatia's final shot to the left post being the best.

100% deserved.

Didn't find Brasil impressive at all this World Cup but shocked at the early exit given they looked to be the favourites. Huge huge upset.

Rooting for Croatia all the way.

Been one of the more skeptics of Modric more so in the early stage of his career but tonight after all the years of criticism he has one me over as one of the all time greats in football history. Utter class and I adore him.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:04 pm

A lot of Brazil players were getting overhyped simply because they play in EPL. When you looked at their lineup, I only saw Neymar, Vini (hot and cold as we know), Casemiro and Allison. Felt the rest were very average (I don't like Marquinhos; he chokes too much).
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:04 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Overjoyed by Croatia win.

They failed to take any shots but Brasil had no answers for their midfield.

To score at the last minutes with their aged legs after having the wind knocked out of their sails tells me they're experienced and never say die attitude.

Penalties come and every Croat takes the ballsiest shoes with Modric's classy finish and Croatia's final shot to the left post being the best.

100% deserved.

Didn't find Brasil impressive at all this World Cup but shocked at the early exit given they looked to be the favourites. Huge huge upset.

Rooting for Croatia all the way.

Been one of the more skeptics of Modric more so in the early stage of his career but tonight after all the years of criticism he has one me over as one of the all time greats in football history. Utter class and I adore him.

Modric was always class, never in doubt..Shame he playing for Real Madrid would have been perfect for Barca.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:08 pm

sportsczy wrote:A lot of Brazil players were getting overhyped simply because they play in EPL. When you looked at their lineup, I only saw Neymar, Vini (hot and cold as we know), Casemiro and Allison. Felt the rest were very average (I don't like Marquinhos; he chokes too much).

Most of this Generation of Brazilian player is mentally weak, same goes for Argentina.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:10 pm

That tying goal was a travesty. How do you get caught with a numeric disadvantage on defense with 5 mins to go in OT? That's crazy...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:12 pm

Portugal or France will win this world cup. Most Probably Portugal, they are On a roll .

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:12 pm

Tough result. I wanted Brazil in semis, would've been epic. Sorry for the loss @elitedam @m99

But before thinking of semis first gotta beat Netherlands
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:13 pm

sportsczy wrote:That tying goal was a travesty. How do you get caught with a numeric disadvantage on defense with 5 mins to go in OT? That's crazy...
Exactly. I mean I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it. What are you doing? Why is the coach not saying anything. He had one more sub to make, why not make it. Terrible coaching!
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:14 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Tough result. I wanted Brazil in semis, would've been epic. Sorry for the loss @elitedam @m99

But before thinking of semis first gotta beat Netherlands

Argentina are not beating Netherlands Laughing don't go ahead yourselves..

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:14 pm

And just as I predicted Scaloni goes 5-3-2 with no Di Maria starting. Sigh
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:15 pm

Beautiful Football wrote:Portugal or France will win this world cup. Most Probably Portugal, they are On a roll .

What did Messi fans ever do to you to deserve this...

Anyway, this Brazil team was really hard to like. All the dancing after every goal against Korea coupled with their premature talk of a superclasico in the semis made it easy to root against them.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:17 pm

Netherlands aren't that great.

I expect a similar game to Brazil v Croatia: unless someone scores, they'll just shake hands in the midfield lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:19 pm

Argentina Can't cope with pace and press..

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:30 pm

The scenes when Croatia shithouses a win against Argentina/Holland then lay over for Portugal in the finals. That really will be the worst timeline
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:30 pm

farfan wrote:
Beautiful Football wrote:Portugal or France will win this world cup. Most Probably Portugal, they are On a roll .

Anyway, this Brazil team was really hard to like. All the dancing after every goal against Korea coupled with their premature talk of a superclasico in the semis made it easy to root against them.

Quite happy they are gone tbh.

The pre-hype to in-tournament hype they received began to be insufferable. Nothing will ever compare to 2014 hype of Brasil World cup of the team itself with everyone from "Felipao" to Fred to Oscar to Ramires receiving plaudits beyond their worth but this was getting close.

Deservedly knocked out. Neymar is finished.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:33 pm

@Beautiful Football has thrown so much shade this thread, can't wait for him to eat his words Smile
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:33 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:@Beautiful Football has thrown so much shade this thread, can't wait for him to eat his words Smile

Lets see.World Cup 2022 - Quarter-Finals - Page 4 1f600

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:37 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
farfan wrote:

The pre-hype to in-tournament hype they received began to be insufferable. Nothing will ever compare to 2014 hype of Brasil World cup of the team itself with everyone from "Felipao" to Fred to Oscar to Ramires receiving plaudits beyond their worth but this was getting close.

This whole "being the favorite"  status isn't working out for this generation of players. They're mentally fragile and fold under the slightest bit of pressure. Being the outsider for once  might be good for them at this point.

In fact, the only WC that Brazil won in my lifetime ( too young to remember 94) was 2002. Back then, I remind how they barely qualified to the tournament and everyone had doubts about Ronaldo's fitness and ability to lead the line after a 3-year injury, Rivaldo's lack of consistency at Barça, Ronaldinho's lack of experience etc... They came with a chip on their shoulders and got it done.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:44 pm

sportsczy wrote:A lot of Brazil players were getting overhyped simply because they play in EPL. When you looked at their lineup, I only saw Neymar, Vini (hot and cold as we know), Casemiro and Allison. Felt the rest were very average (I don't like Marquinhos; he chokes too much).

yup i said this too before the tournament...
just went along with calling them one of the favourites because that's what everyone seemed to fancy them as... and of course based of their results before tonight too... but i haven't watched a game of them before tonight, and tonight i wasn't impressed at all.

Fair play to Croatia, they play the game which offers them the best chance at winning. And they have ice in their veins penalty-time
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:45 pm

farfan wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
farfan wrote:

This whole "being the favorite"  status isn't working out for this generation of players. They're mentally fragile and fold under the slightest bit of pressure. Being the outsider for once  might be good for them at this point.

In fact, the only WC that Brazil won in my lifetime ( too young to remember 94) was 2002. Back then, I remind how they barely qualified to the tournament and everyone had doubts about Ronaldo's fitness and ability to lead the line after a 3-year injury, Rivaldo's lack of consistency at Barça, Ronaldinho's lack of experience etc... They came with a chip on their shoulders and got it done.

At least you named three legendary players there, name the same in the current squad.
someone said a few days ago that Brazil's team full of stars as opposed to Argentina where most players play in average teams Very Happy

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:47 pm

Honestly, Brazil was great through the 2006 world cup. Great great talent.

Since then, it's fallen. Still very good... but no better than the top 10 teams.

I don't see why it's an upset that Croatia won. Croatia is the better team even on paper IMO.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next