Thimmy
Firenze
El Gunner
Myesyats
FennecFox7
44 posters

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU - Page 8 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU

Post by neuro11 Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:14 am

Thimmy wrote:Since this is the new Messi thread, I think this is the type of argument that GL cares about hmm

OMG Shocked is it real? why no media reported this even after one week of the event

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU - Page 8 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU

Post by Harmonica Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:48 pm

Nah it hits his head.

Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU - Page 8 OxErbLC
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:26 pm

I threw together a skills video to commemorate CR7's journey to Saudi Arabia.  

The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:20 pm

neuro11 wrote:
Thimmy wrote:Since this is the new Messi thread, I think this is the type of argument that GL cares about hmm

OMG Shocked is it real? why no media reported this even after one week of the event

Harmonica wrote:Nah it hits his head.

Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU - Page 8 OxErbLC

Looks like Harmonica may have provided your answer. I didn't even watch the final, so I'm not familiar with the situation in the video.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:28 am

Apparently Al nassr president denies the CR transfer rumour. I wonder if there is still a twist into this story, like Cr managing a top tier club for a season at least

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:31 am

He just needs to be okay with a senior/ibra role. Unlike some here I truly believe he’s been humbled a bit. That Morocco loss definitely woke him up. With by the way, I was very happy about eco smile
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:55 pm

neuro11 wrote:
El Gunner wrote:
futbol_bill wrote:

Yeah, and so has another 100 posters, 1000 posts ago. Why you guys insist on repeating same old over and over again in multiple threads is beyond me!

chill bro, was just responding to hala and Arq's points... don't want the forum to become even deader

exactly....for people like me who are less expressive and can't come up quickly with stats and all-around information, it's a great debate to follow to be honest. I like the arguments and counterarguments that followed, sometimes biased and full of emotion and may be less logical but who cares. I read every bit of these kinds of debates and enjoy them.

One thing I noticed and like to share is how much people give importance to UCL winning. I mean I too personally felt so sad every time we were out of CL even though we were doing great in la Liga. If you look into the discussions no sides had been mentioning the contributions or lack of contributions in La Liga in the way they are using UCL achievements for the positive or negative points. Even though I always learned league winning is really tough and shows the strength and mentality of a team. I think it's just not as flashy as cups and therefore ignored by all parties.

Some Real fans would just always play up CL over everything, especially the league, cos they barely ever win it, even more so during CR era which was due to Messi > CR of cos in the league for sooo many yrs Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Watch this change though as Real inevitably wins the next few but no more CLs... Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:08 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:

Some Real fans would just always play up CL over everything, especially the league, cos they barely ever win it, even more so during CR era which was due to Messi > CR of cos in the league for sooo many yrs Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Watch this change though as Real inevitably wins the next few but no more CLs... Razz

You're probably right that people tend to throw their biases into it when they try to determine which competition "requires more" or is more of a determining factor in deciding which team is better than the rest.

The way I see it, being able to win league trophies requires sustainable quality and consistency - moreso than luck or a burst of isolated performances - which is much more common in the comparably short competition that is the CL.

That said, one could also argue that winning the CL could be an indication of a team who's more capable than the rest at adapting to whichever team they come up against. Beyond the group stages, the quality of the teams in the CL is assumed to be stronger than most league clubs, after all.

Regardless of how different people choose to perceive it, it seems to me that most people rate the Champions League higher as a competition due to the traditional notion that it's the most prestigious tournament to be in.

I don't necessarily think the average football fan cares all that much about sustainable quality. At least, not as much as they care about the end result. It's a game that's about entertainment, first and foremost, and most people would probably prefer to be impressed by a few matches of flair and showmanship rather than having to watch a team that simply loses less than all other teams. Both perspectives are fine, in my opinion. But don't expect everyone to agree on these things. As someone on here told me in the games section several years back - "if you think someone's being objective, you're lying to yourself"Razz
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:11 pm

The CL is bigger than the league. Like what are we saying? Are we about to shift another goal post? If we win the league (or even the league and the cup) and Barcelona win the champions league, I'm upset. I won't say it's a failure but I would categorize barca as having the better season.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:57 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:

You would be best to check out actual results before shooting your mouth off. Real Madrid won La Liga 35 times, while your pitiful team has only 26!

We will acknowledge that you had a better team for most of the Pep/ Xavi/ Iniesta era, when you won several of the 26, but other than that period, you haven’t been the dominating liga team you are trying to rewrite history with.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:25 am

and btw madrid has always played up the champions league cos its the premier competition in europe (And we've won the most). we've played it up so much that opposing fans tried to ridicule us by saying "oh but but you won most of those titles when the tv was in black and white". now that we've gone on to win i dont know is it 11 or 12 or how many we've won, the narrative is now "oh but but the league should be the better standard (most people just copied off pep's interview for this).

if another team has more UCL titles they'll hype it too. or you think brazil doesn't hype up the world cup? as long as its the crown jewel of tournaments (Which ucl is in club football and the world cup is in football in general), the teams with the most will beat their chests and rightly so. nobody talks about winning the most fa cups or carabao cups.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:23 am

I think the appeal of the UCL, like any knockout tournament, is that it feels like you beat the toughest teams to get to the top.
In the league you can pad your stats against weak sides (and people tend to ignore that other top teams do the same), while to win the UCL, you really have to win the final (and people tend to ignore that you can have a lucky draw to get there).

In the league, you can have these anticlimactic seasons, where the league winners lose both matches against the runners-up, and it feels "wrong" to the fans. Even though I'd argue that winning a competitive league is probably more indicative of your team's strength, because it's more matches, and because of that less likelihood of randomness in the results.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:25 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:I think the appeal of the UCL, like any knockout tournament, is that it feels like you beat the toughest teams to get to the top.
In the league you can pad your stats against weak sides (and people tend to ignore that other top teams do the same), while to win the UCL, you really have to win the final (and people tend to ignore that you can have a lucky draw to get there).

In the league, you can have these anticlimactic seasons, where the league winners lose both matches against the runners-up, and it feels "wrong" to the fans. Even though I'd argue that winning a competitive league is probably more indicative of your team's strength, because it's more matches, and because of that less likelihood of randomness in the results.

well said and fully agree

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:26 pm

Those of you touting leaque wins as a superior competition are ignoring the obvious weak competition. For sure it is a long road to attain a trophy and consistency is essential, but in all cases the competition is weak with only a few legit competitors. Most leagues have only 1,2 or 3 teams in the running, the exception being epl, but even there it is never more than 4. Winning a league title is an achievement, but no way as impressive as winning a trophies that has best against best, which is what UCL, WC and Euro competitions are!

The only way league wins count towards a truly impressive season is if it is won in conjunction with other trophies, i.e. a league and UCL or copa, league and UCL.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:21 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Those of you touting leaque wins as a superior competition are ignoring the obvious weak competition. For sure it is a long road to attain a trophy and consistency is essential, but in all cases the competition is weak with only a few legit competitors. Most leagues have only 1,2 or 3 teams in the running, the exception being epl, but even there it is never more than 4. Winning a league title is an achievement, but no way as impressive as winning a trophies that has best against best, which is what UCL, WC and Euro competitions are!

The only way league wins count towards a truly impressive season is if it is won in conjunction with other trophies, i.e. a league and UCL or copa, league and UCL.

If I am not mistaken, according to your logic, UCL winners should easily be a League winner right?

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:13 pm

No, i wasn’t in any way predicting. I’m just pointing out the flaws in Barca Learning ‘rewrite of history’.

And that Real Madrid has more Liga and CL wins than anyone.

To win both both liga and CL, you essentially need 2 teams or at least a deep competent bench.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:05 pm

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/cristiano-ronaldo-signs-75-million-per-year-deal-with-saudi-arabia-club-al-nassr/

Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU - Page 8 XwEJWaz

Lolz
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:38 pm

I don't know what his definition of 'dignity' is, but I imagine there'd be interest in him if he had lowered his unreasonably high, wage demands. Maybe his idea of retiring with dignity is to never have to lower those demands Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU - Page 8 1f605
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Varnagel Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:22 pm

Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU - Page 8 PamOkrO

Varnagel
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:00 pm

I figure he just said "screw it, let Messi take it all now." The man is essentially finished with soccer and just decided to go full mercenary now.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:17 pm

That picture just doesn't seem right...
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:50 am

Harmonica wrote:Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU - Page 8 XwEJWaz

lmao

great retirement paycheck but still, what a false god. There is only one true (living) deity

Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU - Page 8 4b13bd53870197.5943f16a987a5
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:56 am

Even better, what a bait. Laughing

Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:26 am

I already forgot how ridiculous this interview was, he was just trying to convince us that he's good enough Sad
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:07 am

Harmonica wrote:https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/cristiano-ronaldo-signs-75-million-per-year-deal-with-saudi-arabia-club-al-nassr/

Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU - Page 8 XwEJWaz

Lolz

He's not going to USA or Qatar or Dubai... we'll give him that
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:28 am

honestly what a tool
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next