Warrior
The Madrid One
McLewis
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Grand Theft Auto VI - Page 2 Empty Re: Grand Theft Auto VI

Post by Arquitecto Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:44 am

Oh and the male character in his one word sounds like Troy Baker indeed as speculation is rife about this and if true Id be over the moon.

But knowing R* with their always no name cast bar Vice City I doubt this will happen Sad

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:13 am

Arquitecto wrote:Im not getting why some have a problem with a woman being one of two leading roles. Like I am not one to call out sexism or these terms but genuinely wondering the psychology behind that.

Like do these types want to vicariously play themselves in the destructive game or possibly are uncomfortable doing it as a woman?

Its not like she is Jessica Rabbit but clearly a hardened individual and I can't see how it'll change the outlook much.

people just like to hate on everything online these days

it's called projection/externalisation
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:36 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Im not getting why some have a problem with a woman being one of two leading roles. Like I am not one to call out sexism or these terms but genuinely wondering the psychology behind that.

Women are fake, it's woke agenda to pretend they're real.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:44 pm

women are deep state demon clones developed to keep humanity going to procreate worker slaves
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:40 am

Warrior wrote:Is there any advantage to gaming on PC besides mods ?
Everything. Only downside is it costs more.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:55 am

Like do these types want to vicariously play themselves in the destructive game or possibly are uncomfortable doing it as a woman?

Its not like she is Jessica Rabbit but clearly a hardened individual and I can't see how it'll change the outlook much.

I suspect it's related to the internal drama that occurred a few years back, when some of the female staff at Rockstar complained that they had been putting up with sexual harassment and a chauvinistic culture in the workplace for a long time. I might be wrong, but I assume the frustration over the female leading role might be related to that. I don't see any problem with a female lead, personally, but I like to think that they didn't create a lead character purely as a political statement.

One thing I've always liked about Rockstar's games is that they're not afraid to show the underbelly of society through their characters and in-game cultures. The rednecks, the criminals, the chauvinists and sexual deviants.. different types of petty and despicable types of people that you don't commonly see in real life. Those types are clearly not accepted by society for good reasons, but they certainly make for interesting people to interact with in games. I hope the work culture issue at Rockstar was resolved without it being a catalyst for change that will make them deviate from portraying those controversial types, because that was one of the things that's always set them apart from other game developers.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:47 pm

Very well thought out response Thimmy as usual thank you for that.

I agree it would be stupid if its a female lead just for the sake of it if not political statements with he tough grrlll stereotypes. Marvel does it the worst where a woman is taking on multiple men without breaking a sweat.

ironically female characters of mainstream films were better than rather than now not laced with political intent. Ripley of Aliens, Sarah o Connor. Tough strong women who also had obvious vulnerabilities.

I am worried about one of the Houser brothers leaving post RDR2 and how it'll make the came along with recent changes but so far Lucia seems interesting.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2