El Gunner
Glory
Helmer
21 posters

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

Premier League 2023/24 - Page 6 Empty Re: Premier League 2023/24

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:20 pm

What a performance by Man C Very Happy 2 goals from Foden has to be contenders for goal of the season, so crucial too Very Happy

BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:01 pm

Rashford goal alone is miles ahead of Foden's goals lmao this guy
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:09 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:Oh the irony..

best you can come up with, i know

There's nothing to come up with given the irony itself is enough.

It's a very 2nd-3rd place club thing to do for their fans in crying about decisions to squeeze that extra point when many decisions themselves, have gone their way.

The team that scares me for the race is City. I dont pay attention to Arsenal.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:51 pm

Its true that Arsenal and Liverpool are not competing with each other for the league title. Whoever finishes above City is the league winner. Liverpool are more favorites as they are in a good form and have players with pedigree.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:06 pm

Arquitecto wrote:A bit late to decide to forsake hope in a manager who half a year ago looked out of his depth lol

Ok now that's revisionism. Just cos he is bad now doest mean he was bad last season. In fact there were a lot of promise last season. Finishing 3rd, reaching 2 finals, winning 1, football was also decent, atleast until that Carabao cup win. After that yes, there were many scrappy wins, but that was understandable considering the sheer volume of matches played.

This season however there seems something's massively off. Very similar to some of the previous regimes like Mourinho 3rd season, LvG 2nd season and Ole's final season. Its like something happens between seasons at United that they appear worse off when they are supposed to be kicking on and  improving.

Anyway the focus of the matter is Ten Hag and why he is big time responsible for this latest 'between seasons drop off' and also why he is coming across as a clueless moron of late. Its not the league position, its not the results. Some people, even ten hag himself are stating that injuries are the reason, which may be true somewhat, but then how come these many injuries and that too recurring injuries. But still I understand the point of injuries and is willing to give him time based on that. But its not just that and that's the problem. I mean of late he is acting like a self centered deluded mofo, very Mourinho-esque in that he thinks and acts as if he is doing a favor by being the coach of United. He thinks having 30% possession and 2 shots in a match against the opposition's 30+ shots is fine. According to him the players are following his orders and are playing well. Its like the whole world who watches us knows its bs but he alone wouldn't accept it and is also not willing to change it. Whole world knows Bruno is dropping stinkers every time he plays, now instead of helping him get back to form, the guy is going around praising him. Its irritating and insulting for a fan.
I can accept the team performing poorly and being shit, but then just accept it that they are bad, the least they can do is not insult the intelligence of the fans who stand with them and keep on lying. Same with these entitled twats called players who parrot lines like "United is the biggest club in the world and we want to win every game and blah blah." Fucking play like that when you say that. Instead you see Rashford diving, moaning and refusing to run.

This season is a write-off / is force-fed to us fans as being a write-off Rolling Eyes So whatever. Next season if the new management decides to fire him and appoint their own new shiny toy, if these so call senior players arent too shown the boot, then that will be it really, the final nail. The cycle will only continue.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:31 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
El Gunner wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:Oh the irony..

It's a very 2nd-3rd place club thing to do for their fans in crying about decisions to squeeze that extra point when many decisions themselves, have gone their way.

just like you guys cried over a bunch of decisions when City won the league over you with 1pt

and sure thing hombre, the team that whenever they lose you always come in here and laugh about you don't pay attention to at all... we're still enjoying the 4 pts we got off you this season Thumbs up
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:46 pm

Arsenal 5 in the first half ffs.

Shame they can't score them when they matter. Fortunately they have the only pair of balls in London now, Kai Havertz, so who knows.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:57 pm

El Gunner wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG0ogeFrnnQ

Arsenal fans trying their best to make themselves feel good with these pity beliefs. Their shit is getting shaken to the core, already making excuses when there are so many games left to play Laughing

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:59 pm

Vibe wrote:Arsenal 5 in the first half ffs.

Shame they can't score them when they matter. Fortunately they have the only pair of balls in London now, Kai Havertz, so who knows.

I think it was definitely by design that they tried to conserve their energy till Jan and then they have increased their intensity, a bit opposite to the last year. Next couple of weeks are going to be very interesting in the title race.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:05 pm

since the winter break, in the space of 7 games, we've lifted our goal difference from +17 to +45
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:06 pm

Helmer wrote:
El Gunner wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG0ogeFrnnQ

Arsenal fans trying their best to make themselves feel good with these pity beliefs. Their shit is getting shaken to the core, already making excuses when there are so many games left to play Laughing

what excuses, Mark Goldbridge is a Man Utd fan
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:14 pm

anyway, on paper it may seem like a draw between Liverpool and Man City next weekend would be the best result for us... and don't get me wrong it would be a great result... but i could argue a Man City win could be better for us. Yes, a draw would leave us top on GD over Liverpool granted we beat Brentford, and a City win would see City top over us with 1pt. But my argument for the latter result is that i believe we're better off going into the Etihad knowing that we NEED to win instead off having the option of playing reserved if we're ahead of City. It shouldn't be, but it's an acute mentality thing with this Arsenal team.

either way, both those results would be great... the last thing we need is a Liverpool win, i honest to god cannot stand how they keep on winning without even playing that good football... pisses me off to my last bits
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:38 am

Glory wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:A bit late to decide to forsake hope in a manager who half a year ago looked out of his depth lol

Ok now that's revisionism. Just cos he is bad now doest mean he was bad last season. In fact there were a lot of promise last season. Finishing 3rd, reaching 2 finals, winning 1, football was also decent, atleast until that Carabao cup win. After that yes, there were many scrappy wins, but that was understandable considering the sheer volume of matches played.

This season however there seems something's massively off. Very similar to some of the previous regimes like Mourinho 3rd season, LvG 2nd season and Ole's final season. Its like something happens between seasons at United that they appear worse off when they are supposed to be kicking on and  improving.

Anyway the focus of the matter is Ten Hag and why he is big time responsible for this latest 'between seasons drop off' and also why he is coming across as a clueless moron of late. Its not the league position, its not the results. Some people, even ten hag himself are stating that injuries are the reason, which may be true somewhat, but then how come these many injuries and that too recurring injuries. But still I understand the point of injuries and is willing to give him time based on that. But its not just that and that's the problem. I mean of late he is acting like a self centered deluded mofo, very Mourinho-esque in that he thinks and acts as if he is doing a favor by being the coach of United. He thinks having 30% possession and 2 shots in a match against the opposition's 30+ shots is fine. According to him the players are following his orders and are playing well. Its like the whole world who watches us knows its bs but he alone wouldn't accept it and is also not willing to change it. Whole world knows Bruno is dropping stinkers every time he plays, now instead of helping him get back to form, the guy is going around praising him. Its irritating and insulting for a fan.
I can accept the team performing poorly and being shit, but then just accept it that they are bad, the least they can do is not insult the intelligence of the fans who stand with them and keep on lying. Same with these entitled twats called players who parrot lines like "United is the biggest club in the world and we want to win every game and blah blah." Fucking play like that when you say that. Instead you see Rashford diving, moaning and refusing to run.

This season is a write-off / is force-fed to us fans as being a write-off Rolling Eyes So whatever. Next season if the new management decides to fire him and appoint their own new shiny toy, if these so call senior players arent too shown the boot, then that will be it really, the final nail. The cycle will only continue.

I disagree its revisionism for you can see if a manager if up to par even with results for the actual revisionism is with the previous manager Ole who did remain to look out of his depth despite far far more sensational results. ten Hag is a good manager but one dimensional and has no clue how to adapt and is not exactly a tactician. If his system on first basis doesn't work it has no other basis behind it but trial and error.

But is he the problem? Far from it though I do not need to tell you that.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:42 am

El Gunner wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
El Gunner wrote:

just like you guys cried over a bunch of decisions when City won the league over you with 1pt

and sure thing hombre, the team that whenever they lose you always come in here and laugh about you don't pay attention to at all... we're still enjoying the 4 pts we got off you this season Thumbs up

Always going to be anomalies who cry for decisions in any club fans.

The team has lost to other teams too, doesn't mean I pay attention to them. If Arsenal were a genuine threat to the title fine but the ticking time bomb that is their collapse when the pressure mounts, is nigh. I absolutely seethe at City anyway just not Arsenal bc I dont take them seriously tbh.

If you guys win, better than City and an Arteta win is a win for me. Win-Win.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:15 pm

El Gunner wrote:Rashford goal alone is miles ahead of Foden's goals lmao this guy

Personal opinions, but Rashford was not facing any pressure while Foden had to make it shot while being closely guarded...big difference.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:40 pm

lol bullshit
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:03 am

El Gunner wrote:anyway, on paper it may seem like a draw between Liverpool and Man City next weekend would be the best result for us... and don't get me wrong it would be a great result... but i could argue a Man City win could be better for us. Yes, a draw would leave us top on GD over Liverpool granted we beat Brentford, and a City win would see City top over us with 1pt. But my argument for the latter result is that i believe we're better off going into the Etihad knowing that we NEED to win instead off having the option of playing reserved if we're ahead of City. It shouldn't be, but it's an acute mentality thing with this Arsenal team.

either way, both those results would be great... the last thing we need is a Liverpool win, i honest to god cannot stand how they keep on winning without even playing that good football... pisses me off to my last bits

You think you can go away to Etihad with the players you have got and get a result when it matters? O boy. City will wipe the floor with you man. They are a machine when it gets tight where as Arsenal is the complete opposite. Couple of big wins against shit teams and you fans are getting a tad too giddy lol. The best result from that match next week for you guys is a Liverpool win. Get as many points above City as possible. Liverpool will definitely drop points when Europa resumes from now and towards the end of the season. They just dont look as good as Liverpool of the past imo.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:43 am

Arquitecto wrote:
Glory wrote:

I disagree its revisionism for you can see if a manager if up to par even with results for the actual revisionism is with the previous manager Ole who did remain to look out of his depth despite far far more sensational results. ten Hag is a good manager but one dimensional and has no clue how to adapt and is not exactly a tactician. If his system on first basis doesn't work it has no other basis behind it but trial and error.

But is he the problem? Far from it though I do not need to tell you that.

One dimensional like Pep and Arteta? Now thinking about everything rationally, all of them it seems need very specific profile of players for their football to work. The other kind are of course managers like Klopp, or even Sir Alex who can make their teams look more than sum of their parts.
Going back to Pep, he in his first season was struggling with City and only barely squeezed top 4 if I remember correctly. Arteta for how many seasons had Arsenal at around 8th?  I do believe ten Hag belongs to that same school of football. Well he obviously worked under Pep, sot there's that. Its like he doesnt have a plan B. If everything is not working at optimum level he looks totally clueless. That's why injuries affect these kind of managers more than the latter kind I think. But his plan A is pretty good too. His Ajax teams for example. The difference between that and this United team is like every damn thing. Like heaven and earth. So he is a problem, but only the minor one. And yes you dont need to tell me about the major ones sadly.

Anyway unless something changes drastically with the new ownership and incoming changes, his plan A simply wont be even allowed to work. Because mangers like ten hag needs the perfect behind the scenes structure and personnel to get the best results on the field. You have to get the exact type of players they demand. No half measures. You cant go from a Frenkie De jong to a Casemiro and expect him to play the exact same way. He cant.
By now he must be well aware of that too and is resorting to job saving antics and bizarre comments of late. He might even know that the new owners will sack him in the summer. So be it. Let him go to a club with correct structure and revive his career. We will be better off without him at the helm as well.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:04 pm

That was a very good and rationale post lacking in United fans these days I learned a lot from it.

I do agree as often managers do not get the structure they are needed to thrive in for some adapt but that is merely one quality and it means not that when that adaptable adept coach gets his desired structure, that he will succeed above the non-adaptable one.

Fact is ten Hag is a Heisenberg uncertainty in that sense, we simply dont know his capabilities in top flight given United is a mess from top to bottom and it didn't take Cristiano to review that.

Despite the coaching not the major problem who'd you want next?
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:26 pm

Yea definitely Glory is a more rational Man U fan that actually makes sense Very Happy Ten Hag will definitely go anyway n just read on ESPN some potential managers who want the Man U job are already contacting the club Very Happy Understandable, since everyone knows they will undergo an overhaul this summer hence will have power to clean out n sign new players, together with the history n popularity of the club... come to think of it, why dont Man U hire Mou again XD
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:26 pm

Glory wrote:
El Gunner wrote:anyway, on paper it may seem like a draw between Liverpool and Man City next weekend would be the best result for us... and don't get me wrong it would be a great result... but i could argue a Man City win could be better for us. Yes, a draw would leave us top on GD over Liverpool granted we beat Brentford, and a City win would see City top over us with 1pt. But my argument for the latter result is that i believe we're better off going into the Etihad knowing that we NEED to win instead off having the option of playing reserved if we're ahead of City. It shouldn't be, but it's an acute mentality thing with this Arsenal team.

You think you can go away to Etihad with the players you have got and get a result when it matters? O boy. City will wipe the floor with you man. They are a machine when it gets tight where as Arsenal is the complete opposite. Couple of big wins against shit teams and you fans are getting a tad too giddy lol. The best result from that match next week for you guys is a Liverpool win. Get as many points above City as possible. Liverpool will definitely drop points when Europa resumes from now and towards the end of the season. They just dont look as good as Liverpool of the past imo.

i hate this kind of humble yourself talk when your team is actually good and winning... it's not like i'm out here saying we'll definitely win at the Etihad...

what's the point of not being confident in your team when they are playing well? yes based on recent history of this fixture, City will wipe the floor with us at the Etihad, but why are things not allowed to change?? or at least just for one match?

perhaps you are right in your analysis that i should be hoping for a Liverpool win and that Liverpool will eventually drop points, but they are continuing to scrape wins and it just doesn't sit easy with me
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:33 pm

I agree too the humble talk if not overall in life is boring and a bit in bad faith but its more a game of odds when it comes to Arsenal v City.

The record shows Arsenal fans get a bit too much confidence after some key wins to which once again, are on a small sample size and show very little evidence to say they have a good chance to win v City.

Conditional confidence, if that makes sense.

That being said seeing Arteta trump his coaching mentor once again would be beautiful and definitely needed as Im genuinely sick of City by now.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:54 pm

Arquitecto wrote:That was a very good and rationale post lacking in United fans these days I learned a lot from it.

I do agree as often managers do not get the structure they are needed to thrive in for some adapt but that is merely one quality and it means not that when that adaptable adept coach gets his desired structure, that he will succeed above the non-adaptable one.

Fact is ten Hag is a Heisenberg uncertainty in that sense, we simply dont know his capabilities in top flight given United is a mess from top to bottom and it didn't take Cristiano to review that.

Despite the coaching not the major problem who'd you want next?

Honestly I have no clue.
I am still willing to bet on ten Hag until Christmas though. Part of the reason for that is there arent any clear cut upgrades as far as I know. Well, I mean the clear cuts will be obviously unattainable for us. There will only the ones with potential.

People throwing random names into the hat like De Zerbi, Alonso and all need to remember back when we hired him, Ten Hag was one of the hottest properties in football as well. So, literally any up and coming flavour of the time kind of manager can come to United and be shit because lol that's how we roll these days. We will be in this exact same hole after a couple of seasons. So yea give him some more time, especially since the structure is also kind of changing and let's see.
If they let him go however, as I said previously they need to let go some of the problem players as well who hold big influence in the dressing room like Rashford.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:57 pm

at least with De Zerbi he has proven he can implement his style in Premier League football
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:01 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Yea definitely Glory is a more rational Man U fan that actually makes sense Very Happy Ten Hag will definitely go anyway n just read on ESPN some potential managers who want the Man U job are already contacting the club Very Happy Understandable, since everyone knows they will undergo an overhaul this summer hence will have power to clean out n sign new players, together with the history n popularity of the club... come to think of it, why dont Man U hire Mou again XD

which unfortunately we cant I think anymore. Years of mindless spending has finally caught up with us with all these FFP regulations. We may get some money obviously but beyond that will have to sell to spend. And lol who are we even going to sell to raise funds? Antony ? Proud

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:21 pm

El Gunner wrote:at least with De Zerbi he has proven he can implement his style in Premier League football

De Zerbi is the last one we should be hiring. Brighton was like the best run club in the league and had everything set and ready for him isnt it after Potter? It will end in disaster. But yea I wont mind him ofc if there is a total revamp.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next