Debate: Busquets outside Barca as physical DM. Still a world class player?

+13
billy_gr
harhar11
VanDeezNuts
M99
Swanhends
BeautifulGame
Gil
Adit
The Franchise
Sushi Master
Mr Nick09
Ganso
Grande_Milano
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Debate: Busquets outside Barca as physical DM. Still a world class player? - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate: Busquets outside Barca as physical DM. Still a world class player?

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:51 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:Why I think he will not be as good ouside Barca style, is looking at his shorter teammate in Argentinian NT winning Copas...oh wait

And Thiago Silva struggled with Brazil too.Does this mean he will not be as good outside Milan?And he is only good because he plays in Milan's system?

BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Debate: Busquets outside Barca as physical DM. Still a world class player? - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate: Busquets outside Barca as physical DM. Still a world class player?

Post by The Franchise Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:51 pm

Top 5?

He is top 3 at least.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:52 pm

well, you dont even what being a DM means, and you havent been able to establish any logical arguments suggesting he wouldnt succeed, while there are DMs just like him being very successful elsewhere.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:53 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
Grande_Milano wrote:Why I think he will not be as good ouside Barca style, is looking at his shorter teammate in Argentinian NT winning Copas...oh wait

And Thiago Silva struggled with Brazil too.Does this mean he will not be as good outside Milan?And he is only good because he plays in Milan's system?

I never said TS is world class. He is not top 10 in my opinion yet. But Busquets gets crowned as such in 1 season. Who's next? Jeffren?
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:55 pm

hey look, busquets is so overrated, he isnt even as strong as gattuso. let me find a way to scream it out loud, i cant back it up, but ill troll anyway. let me find a clever title to hide it..hmmmmm got it...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:57 pm

Ok, I get it. Just because they are the best club right now, their every single player is untouchable and perfect.

Forget Rijkaard, when you have Busquets.
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:05 pm

Michael Carrick made the most interceptions in last years champions league

True Story
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:10 pm

bhends wrote:Michael Carrick made the most interceptions in last years champions league

True Story
So he's world class, too? Very Happy
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:55 pm

bhends wrote:Michael Carrick made the most interceptions in last years champions league

True Story

How did cyberman hack bhends' account :?:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:03 pm

as long as he plays in a possession based team, he would do alright in any other league.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:07 pm

Ganso wrote:he got raped yesterday by a midtable Brazilian team,no need to go to other leagues to suck

/trolololool

He was playing as a CB, no?

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:09 pm

I don't really like him that much...
there...
I said it...

Rolling Eyes
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:09 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Grande_Milano wrote:DM is DM. Strong player with physical attributes. Otherwise it makes him a CM.

Debate: Busquets outside Barca as physical DM. Still a world class player? - Page 2 Memesunled9

Dani trying his hand at the Mole technique Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:11 pm

UM, you guys do know that on occasion he will slide back and play Central Defender when we have injuries. I would think you need to be physical to play that position, don't you?

I have said this before, Busquets is very easy to hate (he is my least favorite player on Barca) and I fully understand why people don't like him, but you cannot take shots at his ability, he is an awesome footballer.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:41 pm

LOL Busquets top 3 DM
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:41 am

Sushi Master wrote:

True Story
So he's world class, too? Very Happy

Yes, him along with Busquets and Denilson are among the best passers on the planet.

The best part about that jewel above? Its a 100% objective statement according to OPTA stats, no matter how much anyone wants to deny otherwise, they would be hard pressed to make a compelling argument to make that statement false.

I think Busquets is the best CM on the planet with both Denilson and Carrick trailing behind.

Also to get back on topic, of course Busquets would do worse if he suddenly moved to say, Malaga. Barcelona is one of the best teams on the planet and their "system" of football is designed so everyone compliments everyone, together they stand stronger than any other team (atm). That doesn't mean all of Busquets skills would vanish if he got out of Barcelona and couldn't pick up games on another passing oriented team like Madrid.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2