[ 9 ]
Torres vs RVP  Vote_lcap62%Torres vs RVP  Vote_rcap 62% 
[ 15 ]

Total Votes : 24

Torres vs RVP  Empty Torres vs RVP

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:31 am

Who is better when Healthy,
Torres vs RVP  Fernando_torres-328Torres vs RVP  Robin+van+Persie+4

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Torres vs RVP  Empty Re: Torres vs RVP

Post by Lex Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:32 am

Aww man, owned by Mr Mackey Sad
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:33 am

Torres, after all the injuries, hasn't quite regained the form he once had. RVP is like a Terminator, gets injured, goes off to self repair (in my mind, he operates on himself) and comes back same as before
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:43 am

RVP all day everyday.......

Torres is so overrated and no i dont just feel this because he's been crap for 2 years because if you recall i called him overrated when everyone was losing thier load over him.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:04 am

van Persie no question

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:36 am

The VP.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:17 am

Robin van Persie!! Torres who?!?! That dude who is a 50 million flop now?

Okay no jokes, RvP was good, is good, and will be good. => CLASS IS PERMANENT.

Torres was good. Period. => FORM IS TEMPORARY. /EndofThread.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:04 am

When on Peak form? Torres comfortably.Torres is a complete package for a striker which is rare.And he always performs against big teams.

But at the moment its a pointless comparison.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:19 am

doesnt really make a difference if you think rvp is better because hes at the doctors office 24/7

would rather have anelka than him

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:11 am

english_jewel wrote:doesnt really make a difference if you think rvp is better because hes at the doctors office 24/7

Torres vs RVP  A59f22e6f6aff6468fb3666umx

iirc, van persie > torres
Then again i dont really care about torres nor van persie.

Benzema > Torres, Van Persie.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:54 am

Immaculate_Mole wrote:RVP all day everyday.......

Torres is so overrated and no i dont just feel this because he's been crap for 2 years because if you recall i called him overrated when everyone was losing thier load over him.

Myth #2

:coffee:

18 goals in 21 games = crap season? I'm really sick of people here believing everything the media says. Rolling Eyes
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:09 am

english_jewel wrote:doesnt really make a difference if you think rvp is better because hes at the doctors office 24/7

That still doesn't make Anelka the better player. Van Persie has proved that he is currently much better than Anelka, and that is all this discussion is about: Who is better? Thats RVP.

Plus, this is actually a Torres vs RVP thread. Torres is going through a rough patch, but even at his best, he was still some way behind RVP in terms of creativity, link-up play, passing...The skills that truly distinguish RVP from the rest of the strikers out there. In terms of goalscoring, they are pretty close (At their best), but currently I don't think that Torres is better than RVP at all.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:17 am

Iceman wrote:

That still doesn't make Anelka the better player. Van Persie has proved that he is currently much better than Anelka, and that is all this discussion is about: Who is better? Thats RVP.

Plus, this is actually a Torres vs RVP thread. Torres is going through a rough patch, but even at his best, he was still some way behind RVP in terms of creativity, link-up play, passing...The skills that truly distinguish RVP from the rest of the strikers out there. In terms of goalscoring, they are pretty close (At their best), but currently I don't think that Torres is better than RVP at all.

At his best Torres is better finisher Header of the ball and even better touch.And his link up play is as good as Van Persie if not better at his better.And more importantly much more of a big game player.

At his best Torres is the better No.9 and Van Persie is a better No.10.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:20 am

BeautifulGame wrote:At his best Torres is better finisher Header of the ball and even better touch
That's debatable
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:07 am

At their best? Torres. It's funny how a bad year makes you forget on how amazing he was with Liverpool under Benitez.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:40 am

milanista99 wrote:At their best? Torres. It's funny how a bad years makes you forget on how amazing he was with Liverpool under Benitez.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:58 am

Sushi Master wrote:
milanista99 wrote:At their best? Torres. It's funny how a bad years makes you forget on how amazing he was with Liverpool under Benitez.

Brain washed by media? Apart from last year when did Torres had a bad year?He didnt had a single bad year in terms of goal scoring while playing for Liverpool apart from last year.Unless u are referring to injuries as bad year then Van Persie case is even worse.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:09 pm

I'm actually more critical of his Chelsea form than his Liverpool one. I'm not using injuries as an excuse, because we all know VP's injury record, but VP can come back and start banging goals, while Torres still hasn't.

So currently VP > Torres.

Not saying it can't change, but he needs to get back to his old form.

He's also more complete, IMO, as Iceman said. His playmaking abilities are something most strikers would wish to have.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:26 pm

Sushi Master wrote:

It was only this season he was bad. Last season, 18 goals in 21 games is damn impressive.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:30 pm

ynwa wrote:

Myth #2

18 goals in 21 games = crap season? I'm really sick of people here believing everything the media says. Rolling Eyes

Me believe what the media says?

lmfao, i just call it how i see it and imo he's overrated and always has been there's a reason Fernando Hierro( a defender) has a better goal record than Torres for Spain.

He's one-dimensional only knows how to run thing run behind the defence and hope a through ball comes. everything he has achieved in football is down to Stevie G.

This is my opinion, i know you dont agree but quite frankly it's never going to change my opinion of him has been the same since his Atletico days.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:36 pm

srigooner wrote:Robin van Persie!! Torres who?!?! That dude who is a 50 million flop now?

Okay no jokes, RvP was good, is good, and will be good. => CLASS IS PERMANENT.

Torres was good. Period. => FORM IS TEMPORARY. /EndofThread.

Way to use the saying to suit your needs lol. It's "Form is temporary, class is permanent"

Anyway, RvP is better atm. Can't be debated really.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:37 pm

Sushi Master wrote:I'm actually more critical of his Chelsea form than his Liverpool one. I'm not using injuries as an excuse, because we all know VP's injury record, but VP can come back and start banging goals, while Torres still hasn't.

So currently VP > Torres.

Not saying it can't change, but he needs to get back to his old form.

He's also more complete, IMO, as Iceman said. His playmaking abilities are something most strikers would wish to have.

I am not denying RVP is a far far better striker than Torres at the moment.Considering the form Torres is in i dont think its even a debate.

I was just saying ur comment that Torres had bad years is completely wrong.Even struggling with injuries he scored 19 goals from 21 games for a Liverpool side struggling and playing with 2 DM players.He never struggled for form before this season.

As for Torres RVP debate as i earlier said Torres is the better No.9 and RVP is the better No.10 at their peak.Also Torres is the better big game player IMO.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:46 pm

yep really hate torres's way of playing

someone needs to sit behind him and spoon feed him the ball and pick up an empty space for him to run there and then finish

theres a reason why the drogba era was so successful

he better hope we get pastore or hes fcked next season

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:07 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
ynwa wrote:

Myth #2

Me believe what the media says?

lmfao, i just call it how i see it and imo he's overrated and always has been there's a reason Fernando Hierro( a defender) has a better goal record than Torres for Spain.

He's one-dimensional only knows how to run thing run behind the defence and hope a through ball comes. everything he has achieved in football is down to Stevie G.

This is my opinion, i know you dont agree but quite frankly it's never going to change my opinion of him has been the same since his Atletico days.

You can have your own opinion. And I agree that Stevie made Torres look good, but he's still a star player. He's not by any means "overrated" and I was actually just quoting you from saying he's been out of form for 2 years. He had a better scoring ratio than Henry at his time with Benitez, and was breaking LFC records left, right and centre. You can say that he can only run behind the defence, but he's way more than that. Well... the real Torres. He had it all.

His form just went down under Roy. He turned... fat. Came back with Kenny, scoring 4 in 5? or something like that then never adjusted to Carlo's tactics with Chelsea.

Torres for Spain was never going to work. He doesn't and won't fit into Barca's style, why he won't ever be good for Spain. He hasn't done anything special since Euros '08. Well, apart from getting injuries ALL the time.

Not saying Torres is better than RVP, or RVP is better than Torres, they're both class in their own way but they're two different types of forwards. One's a poacher/finisher, while the other likes to help build up play and finish when asked.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:51 pm

ynwa wrote:
Not saying Torres is better than RVP, or RVP is better than Torres, they're both class in their own way but they're two different types of forwards. One's a poacher/finisher, while the other likes to help build up play and finish when asked.

I thinks that's the Arsenal way, we dont have any Poachers, its good to have one.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next