Greatest World Cup game of all time? Even the English think it was Italy-Brazil 82

+16
white_star
Arquitecto
rsinatra
S
7amood11
VivaStPauli
M99
honduran09
Albiceleste
PedroBR
BarrileteCosmico
RealGunner
The Madrid One
Swanhends
Ganso
wigglesworth
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Greatest World Cup game of all time?  Even the English think it was Italy-Brazil 82 - Page 3 Empty Re: Greatest World Cup game of all time? Even the English think it was Italy-Brazil 82

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:04 pm

So how Brazilians is that? Razz

Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Greatest World Cup game of all time?  Even the English think it was Italy-Brazil 82 - Page 3 Empty Re: Greatest World Cup game of all time? Even the English think it was Italy-Brazil 82

Post by rsinatra Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:05 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:So how Brazilians is that? Razz
? Razz
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:07 pm

rsinatra wrote:
? Razz

Ganso (Regisland)
Rsinatra
Catracho
Milanista

4 I think.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:10 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:
rsinatra wrote:
? Razz

Ganso (Regisland)
Rsinatra
Catracho
Milanista

4 I think.

There's a new kid on the block too, a Santista apparently, called Chad or something. He's on the Brasileirao thread. There are also a couple of others, Pedro and the guy with the Ronaldo Fenomeno picture from when he was in Cruzeiro in 1994 or something. 7?
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:13 pm

7 It is then.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:20 am

rsinatra wrote:
wigglesworth wrote:
rsinatra wrote:
milanista99 wrote:
rsinatra wrote:lol what a joke, have they not watched brazil 4 x1 italy , the 1970 WC final with the most beautiful goal? it was pretty awesome.

the 1982 match was pretty good though , a shame we lost, we were the best team, no doubts, but rossi was inspired and the italians nailed it.. a fair game!!

That was one sided, 82 match was just pure drama from start to end.

Yeah, so it must have sucked to be an Italian at that moment. For Brazilians, it was pure excitement to see it happening. I only watched it many years later, thank to the internet, but I still think it was great.

And yes, the 82 match was more disputed, but you all like it because you all love Italy, the team that won.

No, most people are neutrals and the writer of the article and the listing is English. It didn't suck to be Italian, Italians knew that their team had been involved in the greatest game ever played up to that date and that the team would be too tired to play against Brazil. Everyone knew it, it was no surprise.

But this is what is written at the Estadio Azteca about the 1970 World Cup, nothing about Brazil, and no one remembers the Brazil-Italy game except some idiot Brazilians that think it is a great feat to beat a team that was totally exhausted after having played the 'Game of the Century".

"El Estadio Azteca rinde homenaje a las selecciones de: Italia (4) y Alemania (3) protagonistas en el Mundial de 1970, del "Partido del Siglo" 17 de junio de 1970. English: The Azteca Stadium pays homage to the National Teams of Italy (4) and Germany (3), who starred in the 1970 FIFA World Cup, the "Game of the Century". June 17th 1970."

Thanks for the compliment. And it's not just us, anyone who remembers the best goal ever on a World Cup final will remember this match.

Oh yeah, I am sure all Italians just smiled and thought "it doesn't matter that we just lost the WC final to Brazil 1-4, we had a great game against Germany anyway, so who cares." Yes, I am sure that's what they were thinking, especially Italians, who apparently don't care a bit about winning a WC, huh? It's all very natural, nobody cared. I am sure you all just shrugged it off and went back home. LOL.

Dont come up with this exhaustion excuse, such a lame thing to do, pure bs. Everyone was playing at that WC, and Brazil had played as many matches as Italy. Who are you to say they were more exhausted? Brazil ran just as many minutes as Italy, and the fact is that if you ever say "Italy were more tired because we played such a game against the Germans" it will simply be your opinion, nothing else, you can't prove for a fact that they were more tired, no one can, it's just excuses, speculation. That Brazil was one of the best national sides ever, if not the best one, so stop whining about it, it's not an embarrassment to have been defeated by them. And just to be clear, I do think the '82 match was more dramatic, I've watched it.

Hell, what am I doing, this is wiggles, he probably even got an excuse for Italy not getting past the group stage last year.

P.S. Of course the stadium itself will say that that was the best WC match ever, who wouldn't want to have credit for that? "To have hosted the best match ever"... anyone would say it. Not that I disagree with it, I haven't watched the match, and the fact that it was good doesn't excuse anyone, you all knew there was a final after it, if you got too tired then you weren't prepared enough. I am not trying to say that Brazil 4-1 Italy was the best WC match ever, just that it was great.

No one was happy going into the game with Brazil. The press was certain that the team, having played a 120 minute game, had very little chance of winning the cup. Most fans knew that the team had no chance, especially at the altitude of Mexico City to recuperate. Brazil had an easy 90 minute 3-`1 match with more time to rest.

It just wasn't a good game, it could only interest Brazilians, the Azzurri were just too spent, and anything you read about that World Cup will say the same thing.

I wish Italy for once would have a game in the World Cup against a team in the condition Italy was. Brasil had the fortune of facing a spent team.

No excuses for 2010, we were terrible.

It's not just the stadium that calls it "the game of the century" you idiot, 90% of the people that have a hint of football history agree. Just google world cup game of the century and see what you get.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:55 pm

wigglesworth wrote:
rsinatra wrote:
wigglesworth wrote:
rsinatra wrote:
milanista99 wrote:
rsinatra wrote:lol what a joke, have they not watched brazil 4 x1 italy , the 1970 WC final with the most beautiful goal? it was pretty awesome.

the 1982 match was pretty good though , a shame we lost, we were the best team, no doubts, but rossi was inspired and the italians nailed it.. a fair game!!

Yeah, so it must have sucked to be an Italian at that moment. For Brazilians, it was pure excitement to see it happening. I only watched it many years later, thank to the internet, but I still think it was great.

And yes, the 82 match was more disputed, but you all like it because you all love Italy, the team that won.

No, most people are neutrals and the writer of the article and the listing is English. It didn't suck to be Italian, Italians knew that their team had been involved in the greatest game ever played up to that date and that the team would be too tired to play against Brazil. Everyone knew it, it was no surprise.

But this is what is written at the Estadio Azteca about the 1970 World Cup, nothing about Brazil, and no one remembers the Brazil-Italy game except some idiot Brazilians that think it is a great feat to beat a team that was totally exhausted after having played the 'Game of the Century".

"El Estadio Azteca rinde homenaje a las selecciones de: Italia (4) y Alemania (3) protagonistas en el Mundial de 1970, del "Partido del Siglo" 17 de junio de 1970. English: The Azteca Stadium pays homage to the National Teams of Italy (4) and Germany (3), who starred in the 1970 FIFA World Cup, the "Game of the Century". June 17th 1970."

Thanks for the compliment. And it's not just us, anyone who remembers the best goal ever on a World Cup final will remember this match.

Oh yeah, I am sure all Italians just smiled and thought "it doesn't matter that we just lost the WC final to Brazil 1-4, we had a great game against Germany anyway, so who cares." Yes, I am sure that's what they were thinking, especially Italians, who apparently don't care a bit about winning a WC, huh? It's all very natural, nobody cared. I am sure you all just shrugged it off and went back home. LOL.

Dont come up with this exhaustion excuse, such a lame thing to do, pure bs. Everyone was playing at that WC, and Brazil had played as many matches as Italy. Who are you to say they were more exhausted? Brazil ran just as many minutes as Italy, and the fact is that if you ever say "Italy were more tired because we played such a game against the Germans" it will simply be your opinion, nothing else, you can't prove for a fact that they were more tired, no one can, it's just excuses, speculation. That Brazil was one of the best national sides ever, if not the best one, so stop whining about it, it's not an embarrassment to have been defeated by them. And just to be clear, I do think the '82 match was more dramatic, I've watched it.

Hell, what am I doing, this is wiggles, he probably even got an excuse for Italy not getting past the group stage last year.

P.S. Of course the stadium itself will say that that was the best WC match ever, who wouldn't want to have credit for that? "To have hosted the best match ever"... anyone would say it. Not that I disagree with it, I haven't watched the match, and the fact that it was good doesn't excuse anyone, you all knew there was a final after it, if you got too tired then you weren't prepared enough. I am not trying to say that Brazil 4-1 Italy was the best WC match ever, just that it was great.

No one was happy going into the game with Brazil. The press was certain that the team, having played a 120 minute game, had very little chance of winning the cup. Most fans knew that the team had no chance, especially at the altitude of Mexico City to recuperate. Brazil had an easy 90 minute 3-`1 match with more time to rest.

It just wasn't a good game, it could only interest Brazilians, the Azzurri were just too spent, and anything you read about that World Cup will say the same thing.

I wish Italy for once would have a game in the World Cup against a team in the condition Italy was. Brasil had the fortune of facing a spent team.

It's not just the stadium that calls it "the game of the century" you idiot, 90% of the people that have a hint of football history agree. Just google world cup game of the century and see what you get.

Sure man, whatever gets you to sleep at night, Italy would've won it if they had only played 90mins Wink, those extra 30mins really did frak it up for them. It's got nothing to do with the fact that Brazil had one of the best national sides ever. Everyone knew Italy wouldn't win it, I am sure they all knew that 41 years ago.

Oh, and I don't doubt that it must've been one of the great games of the century, but don't use the stadium where it happened calling it the game of the century as an argument, it just looks too suspicious lol.

Btw, is it an Italian thing to call other people idiots whenever you're discussing matters in which your opinons diverge or is it just you who can't be civilized?
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:27 am

rsinatra wrote:
wigglesworth wrote:
rsinatra wrote:
wigglesworth wrote:
rsinatra wrote:
milanista99 wrote:

Sure man, whatever gets you to sleep at night, Italy would've won it if they had only played 90mins Wink, those extra 30mins really did frak it up for them. It's got nothing to do with the fact that Brazil had one of the best national sides ever. Everyone knew Italy wouldn't win it, I am sure they all knew that 41 years ago.

Oh, and I don't doubt that it must've been one of the great games of the century, but don't use the stadium where it happened calling it the game of the century as an argument, it just looks too suspicious lol.

Btw, is it an Italian thing to call other people idiots whenever you're discussing matters in which your opinons diverge or is it just you who can't be civilized?

It is a universal thing to point out that an idiot is an idiot. Nothing Italian about it. You just don't know what you are talking about. No one thinks thinks the 1970 final was anything but a game pitting a very tired team against a very fresh team and a terrible game at that.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:44 am

wigglesworth wrote:
rsinatra wrote:
wigglesworth wrote:
rsinatra wrote:
wigglesworth wrote:
rsinatra wrote:
milanista99 wrote:

It is a universal thing to point out that an idiot is an idiot. Nothing Italian about it. You just don't know what you are talking about. No one thinks thinks the 1970 final was anything but a game pitting a very tired team against a very fresh team and a terrible game at that.

i agree, it must've been terrible, as an italian to sit and watch your team get thrashed by pelé, rivelino, jairzinho, carlos alberto, tostão.. i mean, 4-1? that must've been one hell of a boring match, to see your team scoring once while the others scored 4 times.. to see the brazilians rejoicing in excitement and happiness, the world completely sold to those 11 players... yeah, terrible game.. whatever dude, im not the idiotic one here.
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:04 am

[/quote]
must've been one hell of a boring match, [/quote]

Yes, most people thought so. That was my point. Now when Paolo Rossi "the slaughterer of Brazil" did the job in 1982, it was a match considered great by many.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:53 am

wigglesworth wrote:

must've been one hell of a boring match, [/quote]

Yes, most people thought so. That was my point. Now when Paolo Rossi "the slaughterer of Brazil" did the job in 1982, it was a match considered great by many.

i recognize that "most people" in your words mean either you yourself or the italian people. so, that's alright. the same way that youre giving excuses about italy in 1970 i could do for brazil in 82, like the fact remains that we were incredibly superior to italia despite our defeat, which only happened because of a couple of individual mistakes and a penalty that ripped zico's shirt apart that wasnt given, which most likely would've changed the match.
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:58 am

Of course, Brazil is always superior, Brazil is number 1. Brazil leads the world in everything. Brazil has the greatest history of any country.

You win. How could I possibly compare a little country like Italy with the great Brazil. I apologize.

Ciao.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:03 am

lol, you can't see that you act the same about italy...such blindness.. at least i admit it.

and it was great to see you have no response to the penalty on zico, because there is nothing to say, it was a penalty and that's why italy won.
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by biggiejay Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:11 am

In my opinion the best WC game ever was Brasil - Italy 1970. It had one of the most beautiful goals I have ever seen the 4th one. One of the best teams ever Brasil 1970. Very Happy
biggiejay
biggiejay
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by awalezelin Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:37 am

the best one is 2006 wc, argentina 6 serbia 0

riquelme rules................
awalezelin
awalezelin
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3