Ali
EL Patron
beatrixasdfghjk.
Wilson37
8 posters

Go down

‘six years without a trophy..’ Empty ‘six years without a trophy..’

Post by Wilson37 Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:04 am

Found this article in another forum.. I dont know whether its shared here.. Sorry if repost..
The ‘six years without a trophy’ has become more repetitive than a Wham Christmas album. It must be hard, going so long; so long without silverwear, jubilation and that over-exuberant joy. As a fan ofa lower league club, a club that has never even been in the top-flight, yet alone challenged for it, I really do empathise with those hardy gooners who crave that reward so energetically… it must be really hard [said in a sarcastic tone]…
I find it hard to understand sometimes. Are these people who ‘support’ Arsenal and that are angry at the lack of trophies in north London real ‘football supporters’?
I’m not writing this to be judgemental about what makes a fan, a fan, or which boxes you need to tick to be called a ‘true supporter’, but I am genuinely confused by those of you that are sitting on a perch, red faced, bulging veins and more tension tucked inside you than a fat lass’ girdle.
I have read over the summer articles and comments stating ‘Wenger must go’, statements disapproving of the goings on within Arsenal Football Club. I literally shudder at such obscure suggestions, questioning folks’ logic.
The ‘six years’ that you read about every day in reference to Arsenal’s transfer targets, match reports or blogs, is merely a fabrication of the media and if you find yourself wound up and sucked into ‘the six year wait without a trophy’ obsession, you really need to take a deep breath and think a little bit.
The problem Arsenal have is that Manchester City and Chelsea have crazy money and they’re willing to spend it stupidly. Would you want that at Arsenal? It’s open to debate whether you’d rather finish fourth doing it with loyal players, true community fans and honest hard work, or you’dprefer to effectively buy a fabricated championship with ateam of prima donnas and money-hungry superstars. Again, referring back to my ‘little club’, I would rather staylittle and honest than corporate and rich – but that’s just me.
Newcastle fans have not won a major trophy since 1969, just as an example. Could you imagine going 43 years without lifting your ever so elusive trophy? Albeit it’s probably fair to say that Arsenal are a bigger club than Newcastle, and it’s maybe justified to havethat higher level of expectation, but I don’t think Arsenal are 43 years better than Newcastle. Geordies have a good right to feel miffed at their lack of real achievement.
Six years might feel like an eternity, but really it’s not thatlong and given that Arsenal play arguably the prettiest football in the country, I wouldn’t grumble at all paying to watch and support that most weeks. Of course you want success to go alongside that elegant brand of football,but really, it’s not a hardship watching Arsenal play is it?
Top flight football is fast becoming a global corporate game, and not so much a football game, so if you don’t spend stupid, akin to Chelsea/City, then you’re inevitably going to fall down the league table. That’s not a criticism of Arsene Wenger, or Arsenal’s board, but the ‘six years’ is more to do with other clubs’ growth opposed to Arsene Wenger’s transfer policy.
Arsenal are a great club, with great fans; but any fan out there who feels angry or discontent at the current glut -if you can even call it that - well they really need to look atthe bigger picture. It could be alot lot harder supporting your club.
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

‘six years without a trophy..’ Empty Re: ‘six years without a trophy..’

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:54 am

Yes, but other people won't accept our club is good until we win a trophy :3
The media measures success by the amount of trophies won, and so does an everyday guy: everyone knows Barcelona is a brilliant team.

We've been so close and keep falling at the last hurdle, we really do need to win something just to prove a point .___.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:11 pm

OH MY DAYS WENGA... Sell eboue, bendtner, rosicky. Buy hazard, goetze, Cahill , falcao, subotic Very Happy
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:28 pm

gunnerlistick wrote:OH MY DAYS WENGA... Sell eboue, bendtner, rosicky. Buy hazard, goetze, Cahill , falcao, subotic Very Happy
And you're funding the transfers? :lol!:

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:19 pm

SELL EBOUE?!!?!?!!?!?!?!?!!? :O
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:55 pm

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:
gunnerlistick wrote:OH MY DAYS WENGA... Sell eboue, bendtner, rosicky. Buy hazard, goetze, Cahill , falcao, subotic Very Happy
And you're funding the transfers? :lol!:

Lol just making fun of the usual arsenal fan Smile
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:01 pm

I am really sick of this media..
I cant see any article related to Arsenal in goal.com without mentioning the 6 year drought....

Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:07 pm

the reason media writes about us because they know we got potential or else why would they care
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:14 pm

For all it is worth, I for one defend Arsenal from that repetitive statement because I admire Wenger's work.

The trophy debate is one that plagues players too; "Oh he won more so he MUST be better."

False.

I really hope to see Arsenal do well because I like the squad more out of any other EPL squad, and chalk this drought up as an adverse period. Juventus are going through it as well but it builds character.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:17 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:For all it is worth, I for one defend Arsenal from that repetitive statement because I admire Wenger's work.

The trophy debate is one that plagues players too; "Oh he won more so he MUST be better."

False.

I really hope to see Arsenal do well because I like the squad more out of any other EPL squad, and chalk this drought up as an adverse period. Juventus are going through it as well but it builds character.

Thanks mate. Best wishes for Juventus in the coming seasons too!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Russell Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:24 pm

ali8775 wrote:SELL EBOUE?!!?!?!!?!?!?!?!!? :O
We gotta be real here, what wages is he on? 30-40k? what for?
Jack Russell
Jack Russell
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down