ciro1316
dostoevsky
Forza
giovanni_milan
Milantildeath
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Pirlo sounds a bit bitter.......... Empty Pirlo sounds a bit bitter..........

Post by Milantildeath Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:41 am

"I am happy with the choice I made," Pirlo said. "We have to see the results on the pitch and that will show whether I made the right choice in changing team and whether Milan were right in letting me leave," he told the press.

to me this statement sounds a bit bitter. As for him leaving I'm a bit bitter. He has been a big player for us for so long and been a figure of our squad. He is getting older though, and naturally the older players take the pay cuts, but he was not willing to do so, so much that he was willing to play his football elsewhere. I'm not saying that what he did was on the level of Leonardo, but I'm a bit angered with Andrea Pirlo for it. I wish him all the best because of what he did for Milan, but I'm not going to say I will be supporting him, the only time I will is with the national team. I don't blame Allegri's decisions for Pirlo leaving, I blame money.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Pirlo sounds a bit bitter.......... Empty Re: Pirlo sounds a bit bitter..........

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:43 am

He left for the money lol... Why do you think he chose Juve?

Were offering him 4m per for the next 3 seasons...

I hate to say it... but I always though that Pirlo would be one of those loyal players.

Back to top Go down

Pirlo sounds a bit bitter.......... Empty Re: Pirlo sounds a bit bitter..........

Post by giovanni_milan Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:45 am

he didn't leave for the money guys, he left for playing time

correct me if im wrong but juve offered him a starting place, and in milan he was never gonna play what he was sued to.

he clearly left for playing time, not money
giovanni_milan
giovanni_milan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:47 am

Yes he also left for playing time... However if you don't know. Galliani only offered half of his salary... Sure he wanted playing time... Juve knew he wanted to leave because of this and Obviously we confronted Pirlo and offered him this...

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:50 am

Ya of course the play time sounded great, but great professionals battle for their place, and I know if money didn't play a factor Pirlo would have stayed. He was given less money, and a fight for his spot, so he left.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:53 am

It's just to bad... Pirlo grew up with Milan... Living in Bresica... Town next to Milan.. He truly lived and breath the red and black stripes... But oh well... Not enough playing time and money forced him to leave as you stated.

Good news for us... Pirlo was a God against Estonia, a big positive for us... Just shows he still has it..

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:54 am

It's just such a sad situation. He wants to keep playing but he didn't fit into Allegri's plans. I don't blame Allegri either, rather Andrea's constant injuries and inconsistent performances.

I agree, his desire to keep playing 1st team football was the difference between him and Seedorf, Oddo, Gattuso, Inzaghi and Ambrosini. They were willing to compromise and accept roles in the supporting cast, but Pirlo still wants to be a certain starter. Juventus could offer that and we couldn't.

I was devastated when he left, but we can't really blame Pirlo that much because he was so great for us over such a long time. I hope he does well at Juventus and with Italy, but it would be good if Milan could put in a legendary performance next season to show Pirlo what he's missing out on.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by giovanni_milan Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:55 am

Well you never know whats in pirlos head, but knowing pirlo as a loyal milan player, playing time was something he wants, and a lot of. If he did leave for the money I'd certainly be disappointed, because I was ok knowing that at least he'd be in a better place for playing time. He still has a lot to contribute to the national team so i think this was the right decision in the end.

I seriously doubt, however, that a player of his wealth would snub milan for juve primarily over monetary reasons
giovanni_milan
giovanni_milan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:55 am

money can influence us into the craziest decisions
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:57 am

I said the same about Kaka... :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:58 am

Pirlo's competition at Milan consists of Van Bommel, Ambrosini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Flamini, Boateng and Emanuelson where he may not even be able to play in his preferred central position, whilst the Juventus midfield is going through a re-shuffle in which even Marchisio was subject to transfer rumours. Anyone would feel more confident moving into a new project that will treasure them as opposed to a team where two other players have been successful in your position in a scudetto winning season. Pirlo was worth it, however changing a winning formula is unusual after just one season and opportunities abound at Juventus. I am personally not certain he'll be a sure starter, however you can understand his thought process.

If he wanted money he could go to Malaga or the UAE I am sure, Juventus is the pragmatic choice for someone wishing to stay in his own country whilst receiving more playing time. Also his main objection to Galliani's contract is that it was for only one year under our new policy for over-30s whilst Pirlo wanted at least two.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:01 am

In my eyes the reception Pirlo got from the squad when leaving shows that they feel no bitterness towards Andrea, so it would be strange for us to do so. I would have stayed at Milan, however every player is curious about other clubs, challenges and scenarios. Pirlo may have felt that even if we won the Champions League next season he may not have felt a part of it if he wasn't on the pitch often, and it would be horrible for a player to feel disconnected from a triumph.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:16 am

Pirlo will always be in your hearts, thats for sure.

But we can't deny, Money played a major role in this...

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:21 am

sciacca wrote:Pirlo will always be in your hearts, thats for sure.

Sport is a business at the end of the day, he may as well be well paid for his move. If he can play as he did for Italy at Juventus and only half as well without our faith at Milan then there will be absolutely no mistake that he should have moved.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:24 am

dostoevsky wrote:

Sport is a business at the end of the day, he may as well be well paid for his move. If he can play as he did for Italy at Juventus and only half as well without our faith at Milan then there will be absolutely no mistake that he should have moved.

Agreed, but can you guys live with this?

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:34 am

sciacca wrote:
dostoevsky wrote:

On principle yes, though in reality it will depend how successful he is. If he leads Juventus to the scudetto next year we'll just invade your section with the coffee emoticon claiming that it's really ours I guess.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:46 am

dostoevsky wrote:
sciacca wrote:
dostoevsky wrote:

On principle yes, though in reality it will depend how successful he is. If he leads Juventus to the scudetto next year we'll just invade your section with the coffee emoticon claiming that it's really ours I guess.

haha, let's not get over our heads here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:23 am

dostoevsky, the question is do you support his move? I'm not going to ask if you hate Pirlo or not; just asking if you support his decision. In my opinion it was a greedy choice. If he loved Milan so much he would have excepted the challenege and fought for his spot. What does money matter to him now? he has been making Millions for years now.

Sciacca: Complete different situation than Kaka. Milan was in a crisis to balance the books and had to do something drastic to be able to so. Kaka did what was right for the club he loved, Pirlo did what was right for his bank account.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ciro1316 Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:30 am

I lost some respect for pirlo with his move but in the end it is what it is

ciro1316
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:31 am

Milantildeath wrote:dostoevsky, the question is do you support his move? I'm not going to ask if you hate Pirlo or not; just asking if you support his decision. In my opinion it was a greedy choice. If he loved Milan so much he would have excepted the challenege and fought for his spot. What does money matter to him now? he has been making Millions for years now.

Sciacca: Complete different situation than Kaka. Milan was in a crisis to balance the books and had to do something drastic to be able to so. Kaka did what was right for the club he loved, Pirlo did what was right for his bank account.

I don't support his move as such, as I believe in the dressing room and training pitch he would still have been a leader and educator who could give so much to this club still, leaving aside his obvious contributions during the season. However I think he deserves the freedom to move on after all he has given us, his decision alone won't hurt us, only if we fail to react well. It's not the decision I'd have made, but he is his own man, as long as he remains respectful in the future and shows that he still loves the club despite leaving I won't begrudge him the move.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:36 am

For sure I won't go bashing Pirlo because of the fact that he has been a giant figure for our club for so long, but he lost some respect in my mind. If he does manage to score on us and celebrates I'd forever hate him.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:38 am

Milantildeath wrote:For sure I won't go bashing Pirlo because of the fact that he has been a giant figure for our club for so long, but he lost some respect in my mind. If he does manage to score on us and celebrates I'd forever hate him.

I'm almost certain he wouldn't celebrate, however hopefully we never have to see the evidence of that.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:39 am

Oh cmon, Pirlo will never Celebrate...

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:44 am

I'm just saying you never know, if it happens It will be a sad day.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by milanfan7 Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:55 am

I don't care what Pirlo does or says,he's a Milan legend,and I'll always love him. He gave so much to Milan. It's sad to see him leave.
milanfan7
milanfan7
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next