RealGunner
Jay29
Sri
27 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Arsenal vs NYRB LIVE - Page 8 Empty Re: Arsenal vs NYRB LIVE

Post by Wilson37 Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:20 pm

Jamin wrote:guys i'm glad we lost that fuckin cup. we have been winning it since 2007 and it didnt bring us a REAL trophy. maybe when we lose it we MIGHT win a real competition.
lets hope so.. But again corners, self goals, defensive let downs..

Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:21 pm

Jamin wrote:we dont blame anyone.

good performance and wenger wont be blinded with winning a trophy before the season starts. now he should try and solve these minor problems before the season starts.

Good man.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:21 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:If you're blaming Bartley for us not winning than you're an idiot. Plain and simple.

Young kid making his home debut in a pre-season game, makes one mistake in scoring an own goal and now suddenly he hasn't got any quality or future with us? Give me a break.
And why is that? We lost the game because of him cause it was the only mistake in this game. But i do agree with you he has got skills but he needs to mature first then he could play for arsenal.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by 23arshavin23 Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:21 pm

Wilson37 wrote:
Jamin wrote:guys i'm glad we lost that fuckin cup. we have been winning it since 2007 and it didnt bring us a REAL trophy. maybe when we lose it we MIGHT win a real competition.
lets hope so.. But again corners, self goals, defensive let downs..

self goals by a player who wont get 1 minute of playing time in the epl season lol
23arshavin23
23arshavin23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:21 pm

Oh geez thanks Lex what a relief Rolling Eyes Seriously i think if i'm gonna fast during this whole month then i shouldn't watch Arsenal anymore
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:23 pm

The Verminator wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:If you're blaming Bartley for us not winning than you're an idiot. Plain and simple.
Nah its a crappy combination of not taking your chances and switching off at the last minute
nothing new.. Guys.. I am sacred.. Its gonna be a tough start...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:23 pm

Arsenal's fans are some of the worst in the country. Who the hell boo's their own team for losing a bloody pre-season tournament.

Don't forget loads of kids were on the pitch as well Bartley, Afobe, Gibbs etc. Sure that will do wonders for their morale/confidence.

Away support is top class though of course.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:23 pm

why do you need this trophy, seriously?

at least we have things clear now...

rosicky is like a new signing.

gervinho and van persie look good together.

song was impressive defensively.

Jamin
Jamin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

http://twitter.com/#!/J_Amin94

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:24 pm

Gil wrote:Arsenal's fans are some of the worst in the country. Who the hell boo's their own team for losing a bloody pre-season tournament.

Don't forget loads of kids were on the pitch as well Bartley, Afobe, Gibbs etc. Sure that will do wonders for their morale/confidence.

Who did they boo?
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:25 pm

yea im worried for the team; and my health. Same issues haven't been addressed i think. Although they were less noticeable today
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:26 pm

srigooner wrote:I'm happy to see Henry lift a trophy at Emirates. Nothing more I am going to say on this.
yes the only positive.. Bye friends..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 23arshavin23 Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:26 pm

Gil wrote:Arsenal's fans are some of the worst in the country. Who the hell boo's their own team for losing a bloody pre-season tournament.

who was boo'd, I didn't hear any
23arshavin23
23arshavin23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:26 pm

what can we say but to laugh. We create million chances and cant score them and we cant hold on to any leads.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:27 pm

23arshavin23 wrote:

who was boo'd, I didn't hear any

The whole team.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:29 pm

The Verminator wrote:Oh geez thanks Lex what a relief Rolling Eyes Seriously i think if i'm gonna fast during this whole month then i shouldn't watch Arsenal anymore
lol don't worry mate, I'll swear for the both of us Razz
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:32 pm

Lex, I think you missed out on the most important game.

If Arsenal's game @ SJP on the 13th goes the same way as last saeson, I predict Verminator will be banned from fasting for a few years

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:32 pm

The boos at the end were a bit over the top, though not at all surprising considering the team has just put in two meh-ish performances and have thrown away leads in both games.

Had Arsenal not finished last season so poorly then the boos wouldn't happen. It's a reaction to the overall situation of the club, although fans should understand that performances in pre-season aren't going to be the performances we'll see in the season proper.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:36 pm

djoe26 wrote:
And why is that? We lost the game because of him cause it was the only mistake in this game. But i do agree with you he has got skills but he needs to mature first then he could play for arsenal.

Making one mistake is not indicative of his quality or maturity as a player. It happens to everyone, especially in pre-season.

And to put the blame on Bartley for us not winning is just not right, when you consider how Arsenal should have finished off New York way before then, but didn't.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:39 pm

Our second half performances have been inferior to our first half ones all preseason Sad

I'm sure if we kept all our best players on for 90 mins we would have won for sure in both games, so it's not like everybody played crap, but yeah we should have won this tournament easily regardless of who was on the pitch at any given time.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by KMD Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:41 pm

i was hoping we would put our last season behind us, evidently it's not the case!

Sad
KMD
KMD
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:59 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:
djoe26 wrote:

Making one mistake is not indicative of his quality or maturity as a player. It happens to everyone, especially in pre-season.

And to put the blame on Bartley for us not winning is just not right, when you consider how Arsenal should have finished off New York way before then, but didn't.
I am not saying he hasnt got the quality, all i am saying that he did make mistake and thats why he isnt mature enough to play for arsenal atm if we are to challenge for title or even stay in top 4.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:07 pm

Young kid making his home debut in a pre-season game, makes one mistake in scoring an own goal and now suddenly he hasn't got any quality or future with us? Give me a break.

I did not blame Bartley for us not winning the game. I blamed him for the goal, which he was clearly at fault. He did not deal with the ball at the first chance he got, and he paid the price. For someone with incredible height and good aerial ability, I was surprised he was ball watching instead of attacking it.

The whole team is to blame for the loss today. Slick passing and fancy flicks are nice to watch, but what's the point if there's never any end product. Its been the same old story for years now.

I may be overreacting just cause its preseason, but I think it should be more than a run out and a chance to pick up some match day revenue.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:09 pm

It was an unlucky own goal for Bartley. 2 yards out from facing his own goal. The way the ball got through was the major concern.

Overall, we played well on the weekend, some great football, good performances from the new faces (Jenkinson, Gervinho and Frimpong).

Its disappointing we let the leads slip again. This has to change.

SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:15 pm

The boos were towards Wenger to sign players, we all know its a meaning less trophy and maybe now the cursed is over for Arsenal.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:35 pm

I am not saying he hasnt got the quality, all i am saying that he did make mistake and thats why he isnt mature enough to play for arsenal atm if we are to challenge for title or even stay in top 4.

One mistake in pre-season doesn't mean he isn't mature enough to play for Arsenal.

By this logic, Gervinho isn't good enough for Arsenal because he didn't score that one-on-one.

I did not blame Bartley for us not winning the game. I blamed him for the goal, which he was clearly at fault. He did not deal with the ball at the first chance he got, and he paid the price. For someone with incredible height and good aerial ability, I was surprised he was ball watching instead of attacking it.

I was speaking more in general. While I'm not trying to absolve Bartley of the blame entirely, there were other players at fault and it just irked when I saw people, not necessarily on this forum, put the blame on him entirely.

The whole team is to blame for the loss today. Slick passing and fancy flicks are nice to watch, but what's the point if there's never any end product. Its been the same old story for years now.

I may be overreacting just cause its preseason, but I think it should be more than a run out and a chance to pick up some match day revenue.

I don't think you're over-reacting here. The way I see it, we should be seeing better performances at this point in pre-season. Perhaps not great performances, but better than what we've seen.

The boos were towards Wenger to sign players, we all know its a meaning less trophy and maybe now the cursed is over for Arsenal.

Pretty sure those boos were for much more than that.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:47 pm

Aren't Arsenal ticket prices some of the highest in the league?

I'd be sure as hell pissed if the team performed like shit, or new signings don't arrive, or the players play below par, trophies are a dream... etc.

It's not right, but you can understand the booing. I'd sure be pissed off after years of the same.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next