RealGunner
Jay29
Sri
27 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Arsenal vs NYRB LIVE - Page 9 Empty Re: Arsenal vs NYRB LIVE

Post by Sushi Master Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:47 pm

Aren't Arsenal ticket prices some of the highest in the league?

I'd be sure as hell pissed if the team performed like shit, or new signings don't arrive, or the players play below par, trophies are a dream... etc.

It's not right, but you can understand the booing. I'd sure be pissed off after years of the same.

Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:01 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:
I am not saying he hasnt got the quality, all i am saying that he did make mistake and thats why he isnt mature enough to play for arsenal atm if we are to challenge for title or even stay in top 4.

One mistake in pre-season doesn't mean he isn't mature enough to play for Arsenal.

By this logic, Gervinho isn't good enough for Arsenal because he didn't score that one-on-one.

So what are you are saying here is that scoring own goal isnt a mistake? In that case we should let Squid start over Verm. I am not blaming him for the goal but all i am saying is that he did score own goal. The goal could be prevented and its not entirely his fault. But if we are to challenge for top 4 or title then we cant afford to have these mistakes again.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:10 pm

on Jack Wilshere’s injury…

It is not very serious. They say he might be out for the whole of next week because he has an ankle inflammation. But he has not torn anything. He is a quick healer usually and a tough boy so I hope he will be quicker than the medical predictions. The England game is on August 10 and I don’t know [whether he will be available]. They told me he might be out next week. If he is out next week, he will not play against Benfica so he will certainly not play for England.
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:13 pm

Its good to make mistakes now, rather then in regular season, I follow alot of other sports and the teams who do well in preseason usully end up playing bad in the regular season.

its no harm done and we should no even blame any one, if the forwards did their job it would not come down to this. I hope its a lesson learned and we can move on from this.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:14 pm

djoe26 wrote:
So what are you are saying here is that scoring own goal isnt a mistake? In that case we should let Squid start over Verm. I am not blaming him for the goal but all i am saying is that he did score own goal. The goal could be prevented and its not entirely his fault. But if we are to challenge for top 4 or title then we cant afford to have these mistakes again.

You're completely missing my point.

I'm saying that he made a mistake but that mistake does not mean anything in the long run. It's not going to make Bartley a chronic own goal scorer.

Fact is, there was little he could have done to prevent that own goal. On some days that clearance will go over the bar. On some it will go wide and on other it goes in. It was just an unfortunate occurence. Nothing more, nothing less.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:15 pm

djoe26 wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:
djoe26 wrote:
And why is that? We lost the game because of him cause it was the only mistake in this game. But i do agree with you he has got skills but he needs to mature first then he could play for arsenal.

Making one mistake is not indicative of his quality or maturity as a player. It happens to everyone, especially in pre-season.

And to put the blame on Bartley for us not winning is just not
right, when you consider how Arsenal should have finished off New York way before then, but didn't.
I am not saying he hasnt got the quality, all i am saying that he did make mistake and thats why he isnt mature enough to play for arsenal atm if we are to challenge for title or even stay in top 4.
Not his fault the whole team let Henry turn and thread that pass.... Had we got out quickly and closed him down then nothing happens
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:28 pm

the_gooner wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:If you're blaming Bartley for us not winning than you're an idiot. Plain and simple.

Young kid making his home debut in a pre-season game, makes one mistake in scoring an own goal and now suddenly he hasn't got any quality or future with us? Give me a break.

I did not blame Bartley for us not winning the game. I blamed him for the goal, which he was clearly at fault. He did not deal with the ball at the first chance he got, and he paid the price. For someone with incredible height and good aerial ability, I was surprised he was ball watching instead of attacking it.

The whole team is to blame for the loss today. Slick passing and fancy flicks are nice to watch, but what's the point if there's never any end product. Its been the same old story for years now.
I may be overreacting just cause its preseason, but I think it
should be more than a run out and a chance to pick up some match day revenue.

I aggree in some way... I was bored out of my nuts during be game
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:28 pm

im happy NYRB won it tbh. A MLS team coming to Europe and winning a cup eventhough not that big, its a big thing.

its not like winning it makes Arsenal any better. We won it last 4 years, didnt go anywhere after that lol
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:32 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:
djoe26 wrote:

You're completely missing my point.

I'm saying that he made a mistake but that mistake does not mean anything in the long run. It's not going to make Bartley a chronic own goal scorer.

Fact is, there was little he could have done to prevent that own goal. On some days that clearance will go over the bar. On some it will go wide and on other it goes in. It was just an unfortunate occurence. Nothing more, nothing less.

I am not but you are comparing Gervinho's situation to Bartley's. I didnt say that he will be own goal scorer but all iam saying is that we cant afford to make mistakes again.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:44 pm

I wasn't euforic !and i won't be angry !
Also I have to tell the truth guys! I don't love arsenal ! im serious....I love chicks Wink

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:48 pm

djoe26 wrote:
I am not but you are comparing Gervinho's situation to Bartley's. I didnt say that he will be own goal scorer but all iam saying is that we cant afford to make mistakes again.

No, you were saying Bartley lacked maturity for a mistake that he, incidentally, could do little to prevent.

I was simply applying that logic to a similar situation to prove how it doesn't make any sense. If Bartley lacks maturity for making one, relatively insignificant mistake then Gervinho lacks quality for missing one relatively insignificant one-on-one chance.

In other words, it's a knee-jerk, over-reaction to the situation.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:52 pm

the only problem i have with todays performance was the slow pace. We were so slow in passing and attacking

I guess they are lacking fitness and all that but we need to be quick against teams who defend deep.

Gervinho played at a fast pace and he got in behind quite few times.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:55 pm

Even if Bartley missed that the Red Bulls would have scored that goal,there was 2 of them waiting for the ball.

Lets move on, there is a lot positives from the 2 matches, I think our starting 11 would be force, and Gervinho is going to be a star. RVP will be a machine again this year.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:08 pm

i was neutral during this game.....

even though arsenal didn't win.... our pre season has so far been good.... we have found 4 new quality players in Ryo, Jenkison, Gervinho and Frimpong....who can challenge for spots and all seems like players who give their all....

and i am happy NYRB won Smile.....going to be watching alot of RB's game from now on....have to get rid of all the free tixs i got
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:13 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:
djoe26 wrote:

No, you were saying Bartley lacked maturity for a mistake that he, incidentally, could do little to prevent.

I was simply applying that logic to a similar situation to prove how it doesn't make any sense. If Bartley lacks maturity for making one, relatively insignificant mistake then Gervinho lacks quality for missing one relatively insignificant one-on-one chance.

In other words, it's a knee-jerk, over-reaction to the situation.
It's not that iam anti Bartley, i would prefer him over Squid. I just dont want to see dissappointing season all over again. I like him but it would be better if he went on loan than sitting on bench and not playing.

I am not overracting, i am just expressing myself.

Last edited by djoe26 on Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:14 pm

boss wrote:I wasn't euforic !and i won't be angry !
Also I have to tell the truth guys! I don't love arsenal ! im serious....I love chicks Wink
Haha who doesnt? Laughing
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:06 pm

Moving on from Bartley and our failings - I feel I've said my enough on these subjects - let's focus on some positives.

Tomas Rosicky was class today. Playing centrally, either in the pivot or in the AMC position, his touches and passing were excelllent. This was pre-injury Rosicky.

I'd use him as an AMC ahead of Nasri at this point. Nasri has shown he's not good in that position; Rosicky shows signs of improvement.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:34 pm

Rosicky is definitely showing class in this preseason! Hope he can sustain it though, its crucial for our season..

I don't see him nailing the first team place, but being a squad player, he'll definitely improve our bench strength! Would be good for rotation, mainly..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:28 pm

I'll tell ya'll what. I'm not pissed that Bartley put the ball into his own net. It would have been very hard to kick it anywhere else. This is why i'm angry:
1) When the ball went high up in the air, Bartley didn't go for it, HE LET IT BOUNCE!!!!! As a CB you cannot do that, that is suicide.
2)When Henry had his back turned and flicked the ball up once to make it look like he was gonna do a bicycle kick, Eboue backed off a few steps. Is he afraid of the ball? I don't want Eboue gone, but that was a bit of a blunder.

p.s. To all muslims on this forum or if you are reading this, happy Ramadan Wink
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:53 pm

The Verminator wrote:I'll tell ya'll what. I'm not pissed that Bartley put the ball into his own net. It would have been very hard to kick it anywhere else. This is why i'm angry:
1) When the ball went high up in the air, Bartley didn't go for it, HE LET IT BOUNCE!!!!! As a CB you cannot do that, that is suicide.
2)When Henry had his back turned and flicked the ball up once to make it look like he was gonna do a bicycle kick, Eboue backed off a few steps. Is he afraid of the ball? I don't want Eboue gone, but that was a bit of a blunder.

p.s. To all muslims on this forum or if you are reading this, happy Ramadan Wink

Yup.. I see Eboue's chances diminishing further this season with Carl Jenkinson at RB with Sagna.. Eboue would be more of a squaddie than last season.. Maybe that is why his potential move to Galatasaray makes sense.. Wenger admitted yesterday that both Eboue and Bendtner are close to signing for other clubs.. Which is why I was surprised to see him play today..

Happy Ramadan to you and all other muslims here btw Smile

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:22 am

Did anyone see Szczesny going mental after that goal?

That's what I like to see. Twisted Evil

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:22 am

Vermaelen was very vocal throughout the match. Good to see
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:33 am

RealGunner wrote:Vermaelen was very vocal throughout the match. Good to see

Another reason why I think he'd make a great captain..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:03 am

He was already captain at Ajax at like 23-24 years old or something. He has way more leadership abilities than Fabregas, but we all know why Fabregas is captain.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:57 am

Sushi Master wrote:He was already captain at Ajax at like 23-24 years old or something. He has way more leadership abilities than Fabregas, but we all know why Fabregas is captain.

Add to that, the fact that defenders make better captains since most of the game is in front of them..

My point? Rather Vermaelen than RvP.. I want RvP to just concentrate on keeping fit and scoring..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by juberish Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:22 pm

FORZA METRO! FORZA RED BULLS!

lulz... hopefully this means something and gives momentum to my stagnant bulls... Dane Richards must have been buzzing, he's a huge gooner.

I'm pretty happy RBNY played timidly.. I think if we came out with swagger and Ream looked better, someone would have scouted him.. mediocre performance might have helped us keep him an extra year.

Young guns look good as always.. but I think they should have done better against RBNY... not enough penetration into the box for an Arsenal match.

juberish
juberish
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next