Rossoneri Ninja
fatman123
free_cat
Kick
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Coul the rise of PSG have implications for Arsenal Empty Coul the rise of PSG have implications for Arsenal

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:27 am

Just been thinking about how football is changing, with potential new football power houses emerging.

PSG have been spending for fun recently and seem to be a French Man City. How ever this cant last for very long due to the FFP rules that are coming.

Historically Arsenal and Wenger have taken allot of their talent from France over the last number of years. In the future should PSG go on to be a force in Lique 1 & potentially the champions league. Surely they will get the pick of any up & coming French youth talent.

Arsenal haven't really done well for a number of years and to some could look in a state of decline. Surely a new French footballing dynasty on the rise in France will be more attractive prospect for young French players looking to make a career.

I know Arsenal fans will say we have British players coming through like Wilshite and Ramsey, but if you look at the core of the team the vast majority are still French.

FFP will probably stifle the transfer market forcing teams to rely on their youth systems & academy's more, they will want to hold onto their own youth products which will make it harder for Arsenal to take players like Ramsey, Eastmond, Lansbury from other clubs.

People have said Arsenal will prosper from FFP, but I think it could have the opposite affect and make things harder for them.

If they wont spend money and buy players, and then cant leach players from other teams youth systems, where will they get a team from.

NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Coul the rise of PSG have implications for Arsenal Empty Re: Coul the rise of PSG have implications for Arsenal

Post by Kick Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:35 am

I doubt it, Lyon and OM have been around but players still choose the Gunners.

Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Coul the rise of PSG have implications for Arsenal Empty Re: Coul the rise of PSG have implications for Arsenal

Post by free_cat Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:38 am

Can anyone detail what will be the FFP rules? I think no one exactly knows. Also, no one exactly knos if it will be implemented or not. Can you pass me any source, link? better if it's official (UEFA's)?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:46 am

free_cat wrote:Can anyone detail what will be the FFP rules? I think no one exactly knows. Also, no one exactly knos if it will be implemented or not. Can you pass me any source, link? better if it's official (UEFA's)?

cant give you a link or anything for it but pretty much any European team whose losses are >45mil euros for the next three seasons, starting this season, will be banned from competing in the CL in four seasons from now
can it be enforced?
i believe UEFA have once or twice before banned a side from the CL/EC for spending way beyond their means

will they?
imagine how much $$ in sponsorsip and TV deals if one season RM, barca, Chelsea, United, Pool and Juve are all ineligable to compete in the CL (if FFP took into accout the 3 seasons before the upcomming one, all those teams and more would fail the FFP regulations)
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:47 am

GyansDancingBoots wrote:I know Arsenal fans will say we have British players coming through like Wilshite and Ramsey, but if you look at the core of the team the vast majority are still French.

I know you didn't mean it but ..i lol'd

Imo what PSG are doing is simply trying to level out the playing field BEFORE ffp is introduced, there is only a couple of season's left to make big transfers coups before they have to start relying on building their own crop of players and revenue, thus is why they bought lots of young talent to ensure that the core of the team will not need any major overhaul anytime soon.

Its smart planning and taking advantage of the system before ffp kicks in. As for Arsenal i think the repercussions aren't so bad there's loads of talent Wenger can pick up anywhere i the world.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:48 am

That can be easily avoided. Say Man City projects a loss of 100 milion per season. Well, Sheikh Al-something calls his pall at Oil-Qatar and they sign an sponsor agreement for 50 a season and someone else 50 more a seaosn, while Sheikh Al-something buys more products of his friend's company. Problem solved.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:49 am

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:Imo what PSG are doing is simply trying to level out the playing field BEFORE ffp is introduced, there is only a couple of season's left to make big transfers coups before they have to start relying on building their own crop of players and revenue, thus is why they bought lots of young talent to ensure that the core of the team will not need any major overhaul anytime soon.

Its smart planning and taking advantage of the system before ffp kicks in. As for Arsenal i think the repercussions aren't so bad there's loads of talent Wenger can pick up anywhere i the world.

this transfer window is the first window of FFP, its already started
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:51 am

Really i thought i was suppose to be implemented in 2013 or something?
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:52 am

free_cat wrote:That can be easily avoided. Say Man City projects a loss of 100 milion per season. Well, Sheikh Al-something calls his pall at Oil-Qatar and they sign an sponsor agreement for 50 a season and someone else 50 more a seaosn, while Sheikh Al-something buys more products of his friend's company. Problem solved.

there a rules against stuff like that and abromvich esque owners whiping the whole clubs debt
although it looks like City have already pretty much done what you said with this new naming rights thing, its the biggest naming rights deal in all of sport or something like that, and guess who owns ethihad?
Sheikh Al-something's half bro!

i smells a rat
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:52 am

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:Really i thought i was suppose to be implemented in 2013 or something?

2013 is when UEFA will be able to exempt teams from the CL
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:05 am

Big time. Sakho has already said he will not leave Every major talent in France is targeted by PSG now. I actually think PSG has more talent (if Cesc leaves) or close to it. And PSG is only going to get more talent.

How much it affects Arsenal depends if Marseille step up too. PSG and Marseille are the two most prestigious clubs in France. Lyon is there... but it seems they have financial troubles.

Last edited by sportsczy on Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:15 am

I'm all for the promotion of the French ligue to higher level where it is no longer considered "2nd Tier" by most European football fans. French football has great history and tradition and a team like PSG preventing "Tier 1" clubs and leagues raiding the French ligue will be a good thing.

Teams like Arsenal must focu their attentions on finding more Wilshere-s and Wallcott-s.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:21 am

I don't think Arsenal will have any trouble getting developmental kids from France. But finished products... that's going to be more difficult.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:24 am

Giovanni10 wrote:I'm all for the promotion of the French ligue to higher level where it is no longer considered "2nd Tier" by most European football fans. French football has great history and tradition and a team like PSG preventing "Tier 1" clubs and leagues raiding the French ligue will be a good thing.

Teams like Arsenal must focu their attentions on finding more Wilshere-s and Wallcott-s.

Awe Bra!!! LolololoL

Tbh i team spending big won't make the whole league better it'll eventually turn into a 1 horse race , if Lyon and co don't keep up, but as Sportsczy just said all of Ligue 1's potential is being approached by PSG and over time the club will have a monopoly of the talent.

Maybe Sportsczy can shed some light on the matter but Ligue 1 is imo very susceptible to being dominated as it currently is, since the teams are all very close to each other in terms of quality and competitiveness.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:32 am

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:
Giovanni10 wrote:I'm all for the promotion of the French ligue to higher level where it is no longer considered "2nd Tier" by most European football fans. French football has great history and tradition and a team like PSG preventing "Tier 1" clubs and leagues raiding the French ligue will be a good thing.

Awe Bra!!! LolololoL

Tbh i team spending big won't make the whole league better it'll eventually turn into a 1 horse race , if Lyon and co don't keep up, but as Sportsczy just said all of Ligue 1's potential is being approached by PSG and over time the club will have a monopoly of the talent.

Maybe Sportsczy can shed some light on the matter but Ligue 1 is imo very susceptible to being dominated as it currently is, since the teams are all very close to each other in terms of quality and competitiveness.

I don't think the one horse race will happen mainly because the fanbases of Marseille and Lyon will go up in arms. Bordeaux is building an amazing new state of the art stadium that will be one of the greatest in Europe imo. So they will be back amongst the top and will be forced to compete (which will mean spending). Also, the youth development programs are very, very good here and will always produce a lot of talent. It will never become like La Liga because the playing systems are very defensive and physical... rough play is allowed by the refereeing. Tough defenses will always compete and shrink the talent gap.

The biggest challenge is that football is not considered luxury entertainment in France. It's not something that's viewed as an event by the middle and upper classes. That has to change to bring people that can spend more to games. You need to sell VIP seating and luxury boxes to truly compete with the world elite. The social standing of football here needs to change.

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:38 am

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:
GyansDancingBoots wrote:I know Arsenal fans will say we have British players coming through like Wilshite and Ramsey, but if you look at the core of the team the vast majority are still French.

How do you misspell 'ere' with 'ite'??

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:41 am

"r" and "t" keys are right next to each other on a QWERTY keyboard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:43 am

The current crop of first team players definitely has some Frenchmen, but the amount is overly exaggerated.

We only have Nasri and Sagna who feature in the French NT regularly (You can count Diaby, but he's always injured so..)

Our best CB is Vermaelen
Our best CM is Fabregas
Our best forward is RVP

None of them are french. In our starting line-up right now, we only have 2 Frenchmen playing. 3 if you want to count Koscielny as a starter. Doesn't seem that much to me really.

You then take a look at some of our best youth/young players right now:
Not necessarily..

I mean, look at the current best youth/young players at Arsenal right now:

Jenkinson
Ramsey
Wilshere
Lansbury
Gibbs
Frimpong
Miyaichi
Vela (Sorta)
Henderson
Bartley
Coquelin
Aneke
Ignasi Miquel
Ozyakup

---------------

So only two frenchmen in the starting line-up ( 6 in the whole team) and just one young french player who has the ability and potential to make it at Arsenal.
The media made us out to be more reliant on French players than we actually are and, sadly, a lot of people believed that.

Last edited by Iceman on Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:45 am

english_jewel wrote:
Rossoneri Ninja wrote:

How do you misspell 'ere' with 'ite'??

It was his subconscious thoughts typing 👽
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:48 am

Arsenals triumph years was certainly due to a huge amount of french players,so it will certainly have a Bad effect on Arsenal.Great thread btw.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:50 am

sportsczy wrote:"r" and "t" keys are right next to each other on a QWERTY keyboard.

But 'e' and 'i' aren't....

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:50 am

You could've been talking about how PSG would affect our dealings in the Ligue 1 market, of course. Our first team is filled with players purchased from ligue 1:

Sagna
Koscielny
Diaby
Nasri
Gervinho
Chamakh

6 players from ligue 1 that are playing in our first team. While that is a considerable amount, I wouldn't say that the rise of PSG or even the FFP rules would affect us on this front at all
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:52 am

Adit wrote:Arsenals triumph years was certainly due to a huge amount of french players,so it will certainly have a Bad effect on Arsenal.Great thread btw.

How so? So because our best years included french players, then PSG will have a bad effect on us even though our team isn't nearly as French as it was back then?

I really would like you to elaborate
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:54 am

english_jewel wrote:
sportsczy wrote:"r" and "t" keys are right next to each other on a QWERTY keyboard.

But 'e' and 'i' aren't....

Some people spell his name as Wilshire for some reason
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:56 am

Thanks for the response Sportsczy

I only mention the 1 horse race in a hypothetical sense, i also agree that the pride of fans will spur on their clubs to meet higher standards or at the very least strive to compete.

The french league indeed has an abundance of talent atm, with the likes of Sakho, Varane , Remy, Hazard being the most talked about.

Admittidely i don't know much about french social dynamics, but as you discribed your situation we in South Africa face the same problems, as football is not seen as luxury entertainment.

Ajax Cape Town vs Santos is the Biggest derby in Western Cape province, the ticket prices was lowered to almost R10 i believe ,which is about less than 1 euro , you'd think that would be enough incentive for anyone to watch the game, but you'd be wrong the stadium wasn't even filled.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next