Mr Nick09
shaven
64 posters

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

El Senior - Xabi Alonso - Page 13 Empty Re: El Senior - Xabi Alonso

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:23 pm

Nick :bow:

and MT, you need some football 101, xabi plays deep, where things such as agility and dribbling dont matter as much.. he's not an 8 or plays up at cam

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:19 am

Yeh which is why it's not really a good idea to have just a deep playmaker playing without someone who can carry the ball next to him.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:24 pm

Alonso signs 2 year contract extension, according to Marca.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:18 pm

El Senior - Xabi Alonso - Page 13 E0d3fb60-7c68-4665-8b94-cd0c6fedea49

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:29 pm

:facepalm:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:48 pm

LeSwagg James wrote::facepalm:

are you stupid ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:06 am

Valkyrja wrote:

are you stupid ?

I think he's an average player, what's the problem?
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:22 pm

LeSwagg James wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:

are you stupid ?

I think he's an average player, what's the problem?

More the reason to agree with Valkyrja.
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:40 pm

Ok Laughing

Him and Khedira both need to get shipped out, both are weak links in the midfield..
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:38 pm

I've never really been a fan of Alonso under Mourinho. Mainly because him and Khedira just couldn't really do much against top midfields.

However Alonso and Modric is a much better partnership. Whatever Alonso's weaknesses are, Modric makes up for them. Alonso's one of the best at playmaking from deep.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:05 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:I've never really been a fan of Alonso under Mourinho. Mainly because him and Khedira just couldn't really do much against top midfields.

However Alonso and Modric is a much better partnership. Whatever Alonso's weaknesses are, Modric makes up for them. Alonso's one of the best at playmaking from deep.

But Modric and Alonso have yet to play with each other in a double pivot together against a top midfield.

Modric-Alonso is not a good partnership for me, at least not against a top midfield, unless of course we have another midfielder beside them- preferably Khedira.

And to the posters hoping we wouldn't have extended Alonso- absolutely clueless.  Our midfield has been atrocious without him, the second he came back we have been able to actually keep the ball, and not just completely bypass the midfield. Night and day.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:14 pm

He can't deal with teams that press like crazy... In today's game, you need players who can handle that :coffee:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jugster Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:14 am

Good news! Xabi Alonso renews his contract. but will less games, so that he can lengthen his career.

jugster
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:21 pm

Aren't you that troll from barcaforum?
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:32 pm

LeSwagg James wrote:He can't deal with teams that press like crazy... In today's game, you need players who can handle that :coffee:

Neither can any of our other midfielders. Xabi gives the team a hell of a lot more balance than Modric--Illarra, and in a double pivot with the attacking 4 that we have in front of them, it is necessary.

The fact of the matter is none of our midfielder configurations that exclude Xabi have been up against a top midfield that can actually press us (considering Khedira is also excluded due to injury).

Playing 2 players (Modric, Illarra) who don't have half of Xabi's defensive ability in a double pivot that is already incredibly weak due to the lack of tracking back/team defense by Ronaldo, Isco, Bale, etc. is a massive liability that has been absolutely evident in Xabi's absence- even against smaller teams.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:08 pm

Xabi Alonso spoke about his recent contract extension until 2016 in an interview with the club’s media channels. The Whites’ midfielder wanted to "say thank you for the support and affection" to the fans and spoke about his ambitions for the next two seasons: "I am very happy about staying here, where I feel at home, for two more years and hopefully win lots of titles". In addition to talking about current going-on and aims for this season, the player from Tolosa was clear about his reasons for renewing: "I knew that this was the best place for me, the best club that I could be at. The support of the fans, teammates, how the club has acted, the day-to-day ... everything has convinced me".

Xabi, two more years at Real Madrid. How do you feel about the renewal?

Very good, very happy. It was a huge decision for me and my family. I'll be here for two more seasons and I'm very excited, motivated and committed to the club. Now I have to work hard, try to play well and see if we can win titles at the end of season.

What were the main reasons that you renewed?

I knew this was the best place for me; it was a very important decision and I didn’t want to take it lightly. Lots of small things have been adding up and convinced me to stay here. The support of the fans, teammates, how the club has acted, the day-to-day ... everything has convinced me. I am very happy with the decision that we have made. Those three things; the club, my teammates and the support that I've had from the fans, were very important. Also, my family are very happy in Madrid.

Your renewal is like a late Christmas present for the fans.

It is me that got given the present. To stay here and have the support and respect of the fans is very important at a great club like Real Madrid. What I have to do is to keep going as I am and not change.

After five years at Real Madrid, the Bernabéu is like home now.

Yes, I have been gradually feeling more and more at home since I arrived. I’ve been here for five seasons, I'll be here for two more and I'll have this feeling for the rest of my life. In the same way that when I left Real Sociedad and Liverpool, I kept that feeling. Real Madrid means a lot to me and I consider here to be my home.

The decisive part of the season is approaching...

We want to achieve everything. We know how hard it is but we are ambitious. One thing at a time, but without prioritising any competition. La Liga and the Champions League mean different things but actions speak louder than words. It's time keep trying to improve on the field because the decisive matches come from February onwards and we have to be prepared.

How is the squad doing?

We're doing well. We have to take things one match at a time, but that is the best recipe for getting to March and April, the decisive part of the season, with a chance of winning everything.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:14 am

vanDEEZ wrote:
LeSwagg James wrote:He can't deal with teams that press like crazy... In today's game, you need players who can handle that :coffee:

Neither can any of our other midfielders. Xabi gives the team a hell of a lot more balance than Modric--Illarra, and in a double pivot with the attacking 4 that we have in front of them, it is necessary.

The fact of the matter is none of our midfielder configurations that exclude Xabi have been up against a top midfield that can actually press us (considering Khedira is also excluded due to injury).

Playing 2 players (Modric, Illarra) who don't have half of Xabi's defensive ability in a double pivot that is already incredibly weak due to the lack of tracking back/team defense by Ronaldo, Isco, Bale, etc. is a massive liability that has been absolutely evident in Xabi's absence- even against smaller teams.  

I think Modric and Isco are good at handling pressing from opposing teams.. I don't really see Alonso as great defensively either

If we are going to use a double pivot, I would prefer a CM (Modric) paired with a 'real' DM, not a. DLP.. Either buy a defensive DM or give Casemiro the spot for next season

If we see Khedira and Alonso paired again down the road, I'm going to shoot myself
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:18 pm

Yeh long term that might be a better idea, a DM and Modric. However so far Modric-Alonso have done alright. We'll just have to see how they do against top sides. Comparing pre injury Khedira and Modric, the latter still had better defensive stats.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jugster Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:21 am

Xabi Alonso makes the defence more than doubly effective

jugster
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:37 pm

Isco good against pressing teams? Dude isco is the definiton of brainless.. more then di maria

The only reason why you posters wank over him is because hes flashy and is a young spanish player. I'm sick and tired of people overrating him. he sucks
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:52 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:Isco good against pressing teams? Dude isco is the definiton of brainless.. more then di maria

The only reason why you posters wank over him is because hes flashy and is a young spanish player. I'm sick and tired of people overrating him. he sucks

at least Di Maria when he has a good day is unplayable.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:34 pm

I think the 3 man midfield has been hugely beneficial for Alonso in terms of work load. He has been able to solely focus on sweeping up if the other guys have not been able to get the ball and is very smart in his position.

We have Illarramendi who could potentially do this in the future but he has to learn those smart lobb/long balls that gets s us out of trouble. also I have noticed his passes sometimes are very tame so he needs to work on those, but no worries by the time Xabi leaves Illarra will have become an expert. He is already as smart as Alojso when it comes to positioning and defending, just got to develop the passing ability. I am not worried though as I can already see the potential in this guy. it just needs fine tuning
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:06 pm

Another excellent performance from him. He's doing so much better in a 3 man midfield. Glad he renewed.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:10 pm

Completely vital to the team, maybe even more than Ronaldo. We are completely different with him.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:01 am

He's been playing well... Still not a favorite of mine but maybe Shitera was the bigger problem
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:30 am

LeSwagg James wrote:He's been playing well... Still not a favorite of mine but maybe Shitera was the bigger problem

He was bossing even before Sami got injured. It's the 3 man midfield which absolves him of doing the defensive part alone
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next