the xcx
JAY-Z
Khaled
33 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

"Spain vs Germany" - Page 2 Empty Re: "Spain vs Germany"

Post by Sushi Master Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:07 pm

Next WC will have an American champion, no doubt about that.

If not, then Germany.

Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:30 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Is Villa on current form better than Godmez on current form, though?
Is Pique better than Hummels? Xaviesta than Schwözil? I'm not that convinced anymore with Xaviesta gettnig older, and Casillas v Neuer isn't really the point any Spaniard or German will be worried about. Both great 'keepers.

I'm just not convinced the gap that was obvious in 08 is still there.

i take it as a real madrid vs barcelona sitation, u guys are goot at counter attacking, gotta perfect those skills u germans..

imagine if u had SAHIN! affraid

spain and germany are in top 3 teams in world imo.

international that is
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by totaalvoetbal Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:54 pm

Spain and Germany definately are topfavorites but IMO so are we! Our team is playing together for MANY years and we reached WC final last year as we all can remember!

Hope to meet Germany in a semi final or maybe even the final after Germany take out Spain Wink

We are playing with Sneijder, Heitinga, Mathijsen, Robben, vPersie, Kuyt, vdVaart and vBommel (was out for a time) since 2006! (not all as a starter -> Kuyt and vdVaart, but still they are playing with eachother for 6 years already as a NT)

Last edited by totaalvoetbal on Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
totaalvoetbal
totaalvoetbal
Prospect
Prospect

http://goingusa.waarbenjij.nu

Back to top Go down

Post by Geo Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:00 pm

Lahm - Hummels - Howedes - Schmelzer is not the best defense for Germany.. Schmelzer is not that great.

And Lahm will be moving to the left since Rafinha arrived to Bayern.

So its either Beck or Castro for RB. So its gonna be a disappointment for Aogo and Schmelzer.

Anyway, Spain defense is not great as well..
Germany for me.

Neuer - Castro - Hummels - Howedes - Lahm - Schweinstieger - Khedira - Ozil - Muller - Podolski/Schurrle - Gomez/Klose.

Schurrle, Reus and Kroos are the next hot stuff for Germany.
Geo
Geo
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Backspacer Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:36 pm

Indeed, Schmelzer was very unimpressive in these last batch of games, but I guess that's not to be totally unexpected. He's playing with the back centre back pairing in the game and, when you surround players with other talented individuals, their weaknesses seem to be shielded. Think Aaron Hunt surrounded by Marin, Ozil, Pizzaro...and today's Aaaron Hunt. I don't think Jogi should give up on him, but it certainly wasn't a promising start.

The difference between these teams is thisclose at the moment.
Backspacer
Backspacer
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:48 pm

on paper though spain will always have the best everything.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:02 pm

Serge Gnabry wrote:Spain.

They have Iniesta, Xavi, Pique, Casillas and a top-forward in Villa.
Very evenly distributed talent.

And while Germany has nice talent coming up, pretty much all of them are mid fielders and you can only play so many.

Also looks like Spain has fantastic talent coming up for the future as well.
Isco was probably the best player in the U19 qualification.

We all must watch Euro U-21, WC U-20 & Euro U-19 this summer..

Isco, Muniesa,Sarabia, Morata,S.Roberto,Gomez,Deulofeu etc with Spain U-19 are very promising..

Thiago,Muniain, De Gea, Bojan, Javi Martinez, Mata, Montoya, Azpiliceuta, Dominiguez,Parejo etc.. with Spain U-21 are also very promising..

Spain U-20 that will play in WC, squad is not announced yet:
But players like Thiago, Canales, Pacheco, Romeu, Sergi Roberto, Montoya, Bartra, Isco, Morata, Keko etc.. should be there!!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinoy_Cules Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:44 pm

I think Spain will be stronger than Germany in Euro 2012. Both teams have played each other in the Euros and WC and I don't see any indication that Germany has found a way to beat Spain.

In addition, Spain's team is bursting with talent. I can't even enough of Fernando Llorente (I think Llorente > Gomez) on the team since there are quite a number of good forwards aside from Villa and Torres. The midfield transition has to be handled well though since Xavi needs to rest more. However, Cesc is on there. Cazorla is also a pretty good midfielder so what La Roja needs is to train Xavi's successor to play well with Iniesta.

I think Spain will be competitive for years to come with the arrival of so much talent (U21, U20, U19). A number of these players also come from La Masia so there won't be too much of a transition in terms of playing style.
Pinoy_Cules
Pinoy_Cules
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:47 pm

Spain has more big players but you have to worry about their chemistry.
Barcelona and Real Madrid's players in a team is scary as hell.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:18 am

u are write, i cant help but ask the same question to my self multiple times...

are they really friends?
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:36 pm

I think its very close, but Spain edge it due to insane depth. Defence is the only area in which they are a bit short, but in midfield and attack they have huge options all well proven and world class (potentially) from U19 to over 30 veterans.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:40 pm

On the other hand, the coach can only field 11 (+3) players in any competitive match. So I guess with the teams on the field, we have a rather even match again.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:48 pm

germany.

atm spain has the much deeper squad.

germany however have youth on their side.

like someone said, netherlands, england, france or italy can make some big moves in the tournament

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:51 pm

spain has such a great squad, if they do everything write and improve i think they could be better than what they are.

for somereason i just dont think spain is as good as it should be, doesnt seem convincing enough, but yet again thats their game and how they grind people out.

in a close match a team as talented as germany and with the philosophy and playing style of germany, can mark spain's end.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:26 pm

rwo power wrote:On the other hand, the coach can only field 11 (+3) players in any competitive match. So I guess with the teams on the field, we have a rather even match again.

Very true. But if Germany got unlucky and two key players were injured, for example, they would not be able to recover. Spain, on the other hand, could lose almost any number or important players and replace them in the midfield or attack.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:29 pm

Srsly?

Germany is not even close to spains level.
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raffy Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:30 pm

Saetablanca wrote:Very true. But if Germany got unlucky and two key players were injured, for example, they would not be able to recover. Spain, on the other hand, could lose almost any number or important players and replace them in the midfield or attack.
only if these injuries are in the defence, sure it would be more than harsh losing özil and piggy but the same could be said about xaviesta.
and on second thought götze + kroos looks very sexy
Raffy
Raffy
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:31 pm

Saetablanca wrote:Very true. But if Germany got unlucky and two key players were injured, for example, they would not be able to recover. Spain, on the other hand, could lose almost any number or important players and replace them in the midfield or attack.
True, right now Schweinsteiger missing looks to be a problem. But on the other hand, Kroos is developing nicely and he looked pretty good in the NT. And i have high hopes for Ilkay Gündogan, too. Schürrle right now looks like he might surpass Podolski (please forgive me my blasphemy, oh divine Godolski!), and Mario Götze looks like he can rocketeer into the NT, too, and probably fill in for Özil. Goalkeeper-wise, Neuer is the Number 1, but there are several amazing youngsters coming up, too. Biggest problem in Germany is the defense. For Midfield we have no real problems, and as Gomez is firing on all cylinders now, there is Klose's crown prince in the Striker position, too.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:34 pm

Yuri Yukuv wrote:Srsly?
Germany is not even close to spains level.
Care to give some arguments for your opinion? Just trolling is boring.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:38 pm

Certainly the 2 best teams in Europe atm. I think Spain are just slightly better because of the experience, quality and depth.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:42 pm

agree with mtfootball.

@yuri what logic is that? care to explain
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:05 pm

Raffy wrote:
only if these injuries are in the defence, sure it would be more than harsh losing özil and piggy but the same could be said about xaviesta.
and on second thought götze + kroos looks very sexy

Not really. When in midfield you have Fabregas, Alonso (can play more attacking role as we have seen in the last two friendlies), Cazorla and Silva to replace, OK you lose the amazing chemistry of Xaviniesta but still no harm done to the individual quality of the team.

rwo power wrote:
True, right now Schweinsteiger missing looks to be a problem. But on the other hand, Kroos is developing nicely and he looked pretty good in the NT. And i have high hopes for Ilkay Gündogan, too. Schürrle right now looks like he might surpass Podolski (please forgive me my blasphemy, oh divine Godolski!), and Mario Götze looks like he can rocketeer into the NT, too, and probably fill in for Özil. Goalkeeper-wise, Neuer is the Number 1, but there are several amazing youngsters coming up, too. Biggest problem in Germany is the defense. For Midfield we have no real problems, and as Gomez is firing on all cylinders now, there is Klose's crown prince in the Striker position, too.

Right, but most of these are young, developing talents. Though you would excuse me for not knowing all there is to know about some of these players, I dont think Germany would be able to win a Euro final in one year's time with some of these backups filing in for Ozil and Piggy. But on full strenght squads, Spain and Germany are pretty equally matched, and a very nice rivalry is blossoming from the 2008 final onwards. Wink
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:26 pm

Saetablanca wrote:Right, but most of these are young, developing talents. Though you would excuse me for not knowing all there is to know about some of these players, I dont think Germany would be able to win a Euro final in one year's time with some of these backups filing in for Ozil and Piggy. But on full strenght squads, Spain and Germany are pretty equally matched, and a very nice rivalry is blossoming from the 2008 final onwards. Wink
Absolutely right, yeah.

By the way, for the 6 position we have two more upcoming youngsters, the Bender twins. Sven plays for Dortmund (nicknamed "the vacuum") and Lars for Leverkusen (slightly more attacking) - I really hope to see them called up together one day, they will certainly become a force to be reckoned with, too. And as they are twins, they additionally share the typical twin empathy, which will likely make them very impressive.

I'm definitely looking forward to the upcoming matches between Germany and Spain! (although we should definitely not count out the Netherlands either. And France and Italy very likely will return to their strength, too, in due time).
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:21 pm

Germany only lost to Spain cause they changed their style. If they stick to their game i see them winning if they met.

InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:17 am

Blue wrote:I don't think Italy is any good atm.

Maybe they will have a better team 3-4 years down the road.

Italy will not be ready for the Euros, they will peak at the WC. Unfortunately, winning the WC in Brazil when it is in Brazil will prove more difficult than winning it in Germany.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeps33178 Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:43 am

IMO Spain, they just have bags and bags and bags of talent. Even in 2012 their older stars (Xavi, Puyol) will still be at their peak. Tbh its just crazy that players like Silva, Cesc, Cazorla, Pedro, Reina cant make it into the Starting XI of a team where they would easily be stars at any other team

2014 looks more reachable for Germany, though I still believe Spain will be just as good due to their never-ending list of hot prospects and stars for the future

As for Italy, I really dont think they are any where near as good as Spain or Germany but who knows, any of their prospects can step up. I just dont see it though

Jeps33178
Jeps33178
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next