the xcx
JAY-Z
Khaled
33 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

"Spain vs Germany" - Page 3 Empty Re: "Spain vs Germany"

Post by Jeps33178 Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:43 am

IMO Spain, they just have bags and bags and bags of talent. Even in 2012 their older stars (Xavi, Puyol) will still be at their peak. Tbh its just crazy that players like Silva, Cesc, Cazorla, Pedro, Reina cant make it into the Starting XI of a team where they would easily be stars at any other team

2014 looks more reachable for Germany, though I still believe Spain will be just as good due to their never-ending list of hot prospects and stars for the future

As for Italy, I really dont think they are any where near as good as Spain or Germany but who knows, any of their prospects can step up. I just dont see it though

Jeps33178
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by gkamtu Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:31 am

its time for dutch now and may be germany...
gkamtu
gkamtu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by jenno Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:37 am

Spain has great quality players, and they play possession football, that's their advantage.
Germany also has great players and they play counter attacking football with very fast players, that's their advantage.

I think it's time for Germany to win it, even though I don't really like their team (except for Ozil and Lahm)
jenno
jenno
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raffy Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:22 am

the matches between spain, germany and holland will be decided by dayform, mentality (e.g. how confident are the current strikers) and maybe the most important thing luck!
atleast thats my view on this whole spain vs germany thing Very Happy
because the quality of each squad is pretty even
Raffy
Raffy
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:54 am

First Low should settle on a back 4 . He is rotating them far too much IMO . Hope they have enough time to forge an understanding before Euros . If their backline settles qiuckly overall Germany is better than Spain IMO .
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:37 pm

England got mentioned in this thread.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinoy_Cules Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:53 pm

InterMalia wrote:Germany only lost to Spain cause they changed their style. If they stick to their game i see them winning if they met.

Maybe. Spain pwned Germany in the Euro 2008 final and did pretty well in the 2010 WC semis. During both times, Germany had very little possession and they managed to do very little in terms of shots made and shots on target.

IMO, Germany needs to win the midfield battle. This just doesn't seem possible considering that Spain's midfield is heavily represented by Barca (they play so often that they gain a pretty good understanding of each other's game). The trifecta of Xavi-Iniesta-Biscuits pretty much tore apart Man U's midfield during the CL Championship game.

Even if Xavi were to retire, Cesc is a pretty damn good replacement. He's also a La Masia grad so he knows that "system" that Xavi and Iniesta play. There's little wonder that Cesc is linked to a transfer to Barca during every pre-season for the past 3 seasons. If Cesc does get that transfer to Barca, I expect him to form the same "telepathic" understanding with Iniesta.

I'm not sure that Germany has the midfield and defense to effectively stifle Spain's midfield. The Dutch came close during the WC finals but Iniesta showed how much of a big game player he is by scoring the winning goal.
Pinoy_Cules
Pinoy_Cules
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:47 pm

The point Germany supporters are, rightfully, making, though, is that while Spain is great now, and their next crop of players are great as well - Xaviesta will be hard to equal.

While Germanys youngsters are mostly better than the players that they're replacing. So while Spain will continue to be great, Germany is getting better. So that's why it'll be more and more interesting with each passing year.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:23 pm

Germany has way more talent. While spain is going downhill with villa, xavi, casillas, etc getting older, germany is just getting stronger with neuer, goetze, ozil, marin, reus, hummels, etc comi through the ranks while poldi, schweini, lahm, gomez, etc are still in the prime of their careers. Germany will win euro 2012, against netherlands in the finals, and win world cup 2014, against brazil in the finals. Those are my predictions.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:33 pm

I'm not that sure, but I agree with the idea. I mean I think you overstated half of it, Spains talent is still amazing, it's just that Spains newcomers, in my eyes, don't show as much potential as the current players, iE I'm saying Xaviesta, Villa etc. are part of a "Golden Generation", while Germanys "Golden Generation" is only stepping up about just right now.
Only Klose and Lahm, of the current players, were already great in the last tournaments (before 2010, that is).
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:42 pm

Did germany ever beat brazil?

Germany shud beat italy in the final, using its turks, polish and ghanians it will be legendary.
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:45 pm

Yes. The last time it was in 1993.
But only in friendlies.

They've only met at a proper tournament once, though, which was the 2002 WC, and Brazil won that one.

So yeah, Brazil got a 100% record outside friendlies. :coffee:
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:46 pm

Yeah I wanna see both meet again

I also really want spain to meet france and italy, it was a shame it didnt happen this WC
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:04 pm

I see your point about the youngsters, but will Germany's improvement still be enough to reach Spain in the future? I mean, Germany might be getting better, but Spain's youngsters arent a big step down from now. IMO only Xaviniesta is lost but the rest is good/better.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:55 pm

Saetablanca wrote:I see your point about the youngsters, but will Germany's improvement still be enough to reach Spain in the future? I mean, Germany might be getting better, but Spain's youngsters arent a big step down from now. IMO only Xaviniesta is lost but the rest is good/better.

I think that's the entire question. I don't know. I was just trying to make the point you already got: Germany's improving, Spain isn't (not that Spain needs to, they're very strong) - the question just is, if Germany is improving enough.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:03 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
Saetablanca wrote:I see your point about the youngsters, but will Germany's improvement still be enough to reach Spain in the future? I mean, Germany might be getting better, but Spain's youngsters arent a big step down from now. IMO only Xaviniesta is lost but the rest is good/better.

I think that's the entire question. I don't know. I was just trying to make the point you already got: Germany's improving, Spain isn't (not that Spain needs to, they're very strong) - the question just is, if Germany is improving enough.

Yeah, thats cos I read your posts. Wink *for lack of better smilies*

What is clear is that Europe is really dominating right now. Argentina have an amazing team and Brazil is full of future stars, but they need to get their act together because with France and Italy improving Europe is getting even better. Which is good for us, I guess.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3