CroInter
Rossoneri Ninja
Babun
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New manipulation scandal in Serie A Empty New manipulation scandal in Serie A

Post by Babun Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:46 am

English source: http://www.monstersandcritics.com/news/europe/news/article_1644001.php/More-Serie-A-games-enter-match-fixing-probe
http://www.nationalturk.com/en/italy-match-fixing-bust-spreads-to-serie-a-12256
Italian source: http://www.ilgiornale.it/interni/il_bookie_confessa_truccate_3_partite_tanti_gol/07-06-2011/articolo-id=527772-page=0-comments=1

AS Roma, Cagliari, Florenz and Genoa are said to be involved in match fixing in three games.

Rome - Several Serie A games are under investigation in a match-fixing probe on Italy's three professional football leagues.

Local media reported Tuesday that Skysport365, an Austrian betting agency, has signalled to Italian prosecutors unusually high bets on 15 games of the season that ended in May, about half of them in the top flight.

The La Repubblica paper quoted Skysport365 as saying that bets for millions of euros (dollars) were placed on the games.

'The bets did not stop even after we lowered the limit,' Skysport365 said. 'This makes us think that punters felt particularly safe.'

Bets on the same games appeared to switch to Asian agencies which also blocked or limited them.

Investigators were trying to verify some tapped telephone calls where suspects appear to have mentioned a 2-2 draw between Fiorentina and Roma, the Lecce-Cagliari game which ended in a 3-3 draw, and Genoa's 4-2 win against Lecce.

The three Serie A games were played in March and April.

A match between Inter Milan and Chievo was also mentioned along with other Serie A games played by Lazio, Napoli and Bologna.

All the teams have denied any involvement.

The investigation began six months ago in Cremona, where the local lower-division team alerted the police after five of their players appeared to have been given a sleeping drug before a game.

Cremona prosecutors were continuing the interrogation of people arrested last week. Among them was former international striker Giuseppe Signori, who was placed under house arrest, while 15 other people were detained.

Retired defender Stefano Bettarini, Atalanta captain Cristiano Doni and some lower-division players were being investigated with about 30 other people.

Atalanta and Siena, which were promoted to the Serie A in May, are also under investigation.

Investigators said that the scheme appears to involve go-betweens in charge of contacting players, who received money to obtain a certain result on the pitch.

Also involved were several in-the-know punters and gangs who seemed to use fixed games for money-laundering bets worth hundreds of thousand of euros.

Prosecutors in Naples, meanwhile, were probing a gang of the local crime organization Camorra, who appear to have laundered money through some betting agencies they controlled.

Sports judges from the Italian football federation (FIGC) on Tuesday were expecting to receive the papers from public prosecutors to begin their own investigation.

Last edited by babun1024 on Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

New manipulation scandal in Serie A Empty Re: New manipulation scandal in Serie A

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:53 am

New manipulation scandal in Serie A Leave-britney-alone
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

New manipulation scandal in Serie A Empty Re: New manipulation scandal in Serie A

Post by CroInter Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:49 pm

Few games that are in question

Genoa-Roma 4:3
Fiorentina-Roma 2:2
Genoa-Lecce 4:2
Lecce-Cagliari 3:3

This was very wierd game

More and more shit is being raveled, im affraid we might have new big scandal in Italy and deduction of points and throwings in Seria B :coffee:

Evey time i saw like 1.3 coef. on x in Seria A(which you can only see in Italy) i though no way thats fixed, guess i was maybe wrong, just hoping Inter isn't involved, and hoping Milan is, paper scudetti here we come :coffee:
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:09 pm

Moratti trying to win some more titles in the courtroom. LULZ
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:10 pm

Brigate Rossonere wrote:Moratti trying to win some more titles in the courtroom. LULZ

Not yet, wait till accusations start involving Milan :coffee:
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ToEy Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:28 pm

LOL, that Roma game....what a game...

ToEy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:15 pm

seria a Sad
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:21 pm

CroInter wrote:
Brigate Rossonere wrote:Moratti trying to win some more titles in the courtroom. LULZ

Not yet, wait till accusations start involving Milan :coffee:

one is being investigated iirc

the game ibra scored an own goal in
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:44 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:one is being investigated iirc

Sauce?
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Superpeppe Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:49 pm

I'm just sad about all this.
I can't believe few a##holes will ruin some teams. I hope Milan is not involved but you'll see that something will happen.

Superpeppe
Superpeppe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:54 pm

Brigate Rossonere wrote:

Sauce?

The match is said to have been MoS
The scandal surrounding Italian football is growing.
Now Milan are investigated for knowingly have let in a goal in the 3-1 victory against Chievo in October, writes La Republica and Gazzetta dello Sport.
The goal was made by Zlatan Ibrahimovic in his own goal.
16 people have been arrested, including former star player Giuseppe Signori, in the latest scandal surrounding Italian football. Over 16 games in the country's top leagues is alleged to have been made up to generate money by betting. Now the scandal is growing further.
Publishes avslyssnade call
The newspapers La Republica and Gazzetta dello Sport is now publishing avslyssnade telephone conversation with one of the people involved come from investigation of over 600 pages. 37-year-old Massimo Erodiani suspected to have been one of the principals in the match-fixing and intercepted conversations between him and former player and manager, confirmed the press allegations.
Was controlled via Zlatan back
Erodiani claim in one of the talks that he, inter alia, made ​​up Milan win match against Chievo in October. The newspaper says Erodiani that he had contact with Chievo player who will then have persuaded Milan to let in a goal against their own had to do three. While the others involved have played the money game and thus won the big money.
The Swede Zlatan Ibrahimovic was one of the players in the game. 29-year-old played to a goal and made ​​himself Chievo goal when the ball was guided into the Milan goal by Ibrahimovic's back. League champion Milan won against Chievo 3-1.

Swedish aftonbladet
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:55 pm

Brigate Rossonere wrote:

Sauce?

http://www.calcioblog.it/post/17351/scandalo-calcioscommesse-qual-e-la-partita-truccata-del-chievo-a-milano

Brigate sum up on Croatian:

Sa jednog hrvatskog foruma.....
To je utakmica od prošle sezone. Spomenuta je u razgovoru jednog od uhićenih, rekao je da je prošle godine "napravio" Chievo u Milanu, igrao over 3,5, rekao je da su igrači Chieva izašli na teren i rekli Milanezima da će im pustiti ako im dopuste da daju jedan gol. Utakmica je završila 3-1 za Milan.Zanimljivo da je gol za Chievo postigao Ibrahimović.

Translation: One of the arrested mentioned that game, he said he "made" Chievo in Milan, he played over 3.5 goals, he said that Chievo players told Milan players on the field that they will let them win if they let them score one goal, game ended 3-1 with Ibra scoring for Chievo
About that game it seems its all "hearsay" so far :coffee:

Last edited by CroInter on Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:55 pm

great: another mark against italian football.

whoever is at fault for this should just realize that this is ultimately damaging to the league as a whole. Why bother winning a league if there will be no one who gives a shit about watching it bc its all corrupt?
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:01 pm

CroInter wrote:Few games that are in question

This was very wierd game

More and more shit is being raveled, im affraid we might have new big scandal in Italy and deduction of points and throwings in Seria B :coffee:

Evey time i saw like 1.3 coef. on x in Seria A(which you can only see in Italy) i though no way thats fixed, guess i was maybe wrong, just hoping Inter isn't involved, and hoping Milan is, paper scudetti here we come :coffee:

What was so weird about this game? I just watched the highlights and there were no dubious calls or anything... :?:
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:06 pm

The_ItalianFool wrote:
CroInter wrote:Few games that are in question

This was very wierd game

What was so weird about this game? I just watched the highlights and there were no dubious calls or anything... :?:

This isn't about refs and dubious calls, its about players fixing the game, i didn't say its fixed all i said its weird, i mean you dont see every day 3-0 and then to 3-4....
And one or more arrested ppl mentioned that game so.....
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by milanfan7 Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:28 pm

It's a shame that a few names are giving the whole league a bad name.
milanfan7
milanfan7
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Superpeppe Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:29 pm

At this point they should punish the players and not the teams. I really doubt the teams in general new all this. if they can prove a player is guilty punish them. But to relegate or penalize a team for one guy is a bit too much.
There are some innocent players out there.
Superpeppe
Superpeppe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:32 pm

anyone surprised anymore?

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Superpeppe Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:47 pm

Milanfan7 wrote: It's a shame that a few names are giving the whole league a bad name.

Not everybody is guilty. And I hate to see other comments about judging everybody for few bad people.
Superpeppe
Superpeppe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Superpeppe Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:01 pm

It's time to clean up the mess!!!!!!
Superpeppe
Superpeppe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:44 am

lol I have seen all the goals, even the one Zlatan did with "purpose". Dumbest thing I have heard, they all look natural.

Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Interista809 Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:04 am

Wow this really bad for Serie A.

It hasn't recovered from Calciopoli now another scandal, we'll see if anything comes of it.
Interista809
Interista809
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:19 am

cyberman wrote:anyone surprised anymore?

I definitely am, after the harsh punishments for not only the clubs but the personnel involved in Calciopoli I thought that would definitely be the last of it...
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:51 am

Tuesday 7 June, 2011
Tommasi urges 'betting education'

Players’ Association chief Damiano Tommasi believes they should be “educated” about the risks of betting syndicates.

Serie A, B and Lega Pro are embroiled in the latest scandal over alleged match-fixing and unusual betting patterns.

“The sight of players being arrested actually gives us a huge helping hand to put our colleagues on guard and make them aware of the dangers,” said AIC President Tommasi on Radio 24.

“We need to work on educating the players, but these images certainly help make an impact.

“I see this the same way as drink-driving. You don’t drink wine and drive on the same day, so you can’t play football and bet on it as well.

“We need to work on the ethics of behaviour for players, so they have the conscience to repel all attacks from outside figures.”

-Football Italia
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:55 am

Brigate Rossonere wrote:
cyberman wrote:anyone surprised anymore?

I definitely am, after the harsh punishments for not only the clubs but the personnel involved in Calciopoli I thought that would definitely be the last of it...

Considering Juventus were the only club extensively punished for it in 2006, there's so many more clubs that need to be culled. Even before these allegations we are seeing now, and I don't think there will be much to these new ones.
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next