Juve: the real target this season is third place

+4
juve_gigi
tareks
djfawnz
JuvenelCuore
8 posters

Go down

Juve: the real target this season is third place Empty Juve: the real target this season is third place

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:08 pm

Only a central defender and a left winger are missing at Juventus. It is now down to Conte to show what this team can do. But can Juventus win this season?

The "Old Lady" can only play for the Scudetto and the Coppa Italia. The last time they won both was in 1995, a long time ago. Milan and Inter seem more competitive and perhaps a third place would not be bad for Juventus.

Back to top Go down

Juve: the real target this season is third place Empty Re: Juve: the real target this season is third place

Post by JuvenelCuore Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:10 pm

I agree. I mean, Juventus cannot jump on the success ship and expect a first place finish; everything is new and reformed, so it will taken time.

I think third is a great objective; it will ensure Champion's League football, and it will allow for next transfer window to bring in better players.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Juve: the real target this season is third place Empty Re: Juve: the real target this season is third place

Post by djfawnz Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:03 am

3rd place is our realistic target. better than that will be WINNING.
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by tareks Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:07 am

JuvenelCuore wrote:I agree. I mean, Juventus cannot jump on the success ship and expect a first place finish; everything is new and reformed, so it will taken time.

I think third is a great objective; it will ensure Champion's League football, and it will allow for next transfer window to bring in better players.

TBH,I'm sick of these words mate!It's been 5 years that we're saying the same shit "everything is new & we can't expect to win this year as it needs time to *REBUILD* a competitive team".. Evil or Very Mad

But what I really accept & expect is "we should be playing to the title,but we coud end up in 3rd,it'll be good,but finishing 3rd after being a competitive team for the title,not for the 3rd pos!
tareks
tareks
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:12 am

Yes, 3rd place should be the objective. We don't want to be like Del Neri last year who said we could win the scudetto.

However, we should do everything possible to win the scudetto. If we are in 2nd or 3rd place at the winter break and only a few points back, then we should dish out the cash and pick up a WC player to take us over the top. That has to be the way Marotta and Agnelli have to think if we are ever to get ahead.

Who knows, if we are within striking distance of the top spot by January, then maybe, just maybe, we can make another run at Giuseppe Rossi.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:57 am

Although Juventus have done a bit more reinforcing than the other top teams, I don't think it's enough yet to overtake the two Milan teams. So a 3rd place finish would be a success.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by juventrini Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:24 am

i dont like this "3rd place should be our goal"..im looking at winning the damn thing. aim for the stars so when you fall short you come to rest on the treetops. Let say we "aim for 3rd", we'll end up 4th,5th...our mentality has to be a winning one...when we go out on the pitch we must have that hunger and intent..if at the end of the season we finish 3rd then whatever...its just the talk of scudetto shouldnt enter the team's lips so that they just focus on one game after the next.....forza juve!

juventrini
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:39 pm

The target for Juventus should always be the title.

Of course it won't be easy, but CL qualification is good enough as long as we don't get a Del Neri "we can't challenge the title because we're not Madrid or Bayern" quote.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by MMM Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:06 pm

Go for the title you may end up 3rd!
Go for the 3rd you will end up 7th! (like the last 2 seasons)
MMM
MMM
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juventrini Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:54 pm

MMM wrote:Go for the title you may end up 3rd!
Go for the 3rd you will end up 7th! (like the last 2 seasons)

Thumbs up

sum ppl pussying out...afraid to think big..so what if u may get disappointed? think big, always. if we end up 2nd or 3rd it must be because we were pipped for the title..nuff said

juventrini
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:15 pm

there is a dominican saying that roughly translate to: If you expect big, big dissapointment, if you expect less, less dissapointment.

meaning if we expect a lot then we dont get our objective we'll get tattered to pieces, while if we expect less it wont be so bad.

our true target is 3rd place, any better than that is WINNING!.
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down