shinigami99
harhar11
FennecFox7
billy_gr
Khaled
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Friendly Match(US Tour): Club America vs FCBarcelona - Page 2 Empty Re: Friendly Match(US Tour): Club America vs FCBarcelona

Post by The Franchise Sun 7 Aug 2011 - 16:40

billy_gr wrote:Busquets is fine as CB but he needs someone fast beside him.

Which we dont have.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Friendly Match(US Tour): Club America vs FCBarcelona - Page 2 Empty Re: Friendly Match(US Tour): Club America vs FCBarcelona

Post by billy_gr Sun 7 Aug 2011 - 19:08

The Franchise wrote:

Which we dont have.

sure.
it's different than saying he's not fit for the position though
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun 7 Aug 2011 - 21:33

It's great that Thiago played well as false 9. I think that his position should be higher up the pitch than CM, either playing as an Iniesta, being Messi's sub as fake 9, or even playing as Left Wing.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun 7 Aug 2011 - 21:38

The Franchise wrote:

Which we dont have.

Friendly Match(US Tour): Club America vs FCBarcelona - Page 2 9258074
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun 7 Aug 2011 - 21:45

free_cat wrote:It's great that Thiago played well as false 9. I think that his position should be higher up the pitch than CM, either playing as an Iniesta, being Messi's sub as fake 9, or even playing as Left Wing.

I agree, he is a maverick, a risk taker, the closer these guys play to the goal the better it is for them and the team.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sun 7 Aug 2011 - 21:52

I'd gladly take Vertonghen as well :coffee:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun 7 Aug 2011 - 22:04

The Franchise wrote:
free_cat wrote:It's great that Thiago played well as false 9. I think that his position should be higher up the pitch than CM, either playing as an Iniesta, being Messi's sub as fake 9, or even playing as Left Wing.

I agree, he is a maverick, a risk taker, the closer these guys play to the goal the better it is for them and the team.

Yeah, he takes risks, but unlike Iniesta, he is a player who can score a lot of goals and give a lot of assists. That's why I think he can do well a bit further up the pitch while the team will not suffer so much with some of his stupid losses.

Anyway, playing as CM he will for sure improve his risk-taking. Busquets was terrible the first 2 years, taking a lot of risks and losing very dangerous balls, and now, although he still takes risks, he barely loses dangerous balls.

Last edited by free_cat on Sun 7 Aug 2011 - 22:43; edited 1 time in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun 7 Aug 2011 - 22:14

Yeah also true, I overlooked that.

Thiago has shown an eye for goal Iniesta never has, he seems a much more natural goalscorer. I could see him in his prime scoring 10 goals a season easily.

Intresting point about Busi, your very right. I guess in time you learn when to take risks and what exactly you can get away with and what you cannot.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun 7 Aug 2011 - 22:20

Thiago is too much of a risk taker is a myth :coffee:

100+ passes against United at a 95% success rate says otherwise.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun 7 Aug 2011 - 22:24

I didnt say too much of a risk taker, not too much in my opinion.

Its just, he tries outrageous things, incredibly difficult things more often then either of Xavi and Iniesta.

Against many teams he can do that and get away with it, but against strong teams, its harder and every lost possession could cause trouble.

One thing, you will rarely see Xavi or Iniesta give the ball away, but one thing which is even more rare if them give it away going horizontal across the pitch. If they do give it away, it would be a vertical pass.

I think Thiago is a little bit more prone to a horizontal give away because of his risks.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun 7 Aug 2011 - 22:45

Not only horizontally, but Thiago is also prone of losing the ball dribling close to the defense or trying short backheel passes. Very dangerous. Anyway, it can get better probably. Busquets improved a lot in that department: he used to lose 1 very dangerous everyday, now he does only one every several matches.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon 8 Aug 2011 - 6:35

That's true cat. He clearly seems more of an attacking player. Not a CM. Maybe a CAM but even more an AM. Perhaps that is one reason he is not seen as Xavi's understudy and the chase for Fabregas is still on full time.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon 8 Aug 2011 - 6:44

The Franchise wrote:

Excellent comment. I remember you and some others have said in the past that at times Xavi and Iniesta do not venture into the final third as much as we might like to see. Thiago will make a difference here. At the same time in spite of all his qualities I don't think he can maintain the symphony and control in midfield as well as Xaviesta do. That's not a slight on anyone. It's just that every player is different. If Thiago is an integral part of our future then the team dynamic may have to change. Putting him in Xavi's or even Iniesta's role doesn't seem a great idea as such to me. Xavi and Iniesta are epitomes of the cerebral Spanish player. Xavi is the complete master while Iniesta also has that touch of silk and artistry. However Thiago has only a part of that while the rest of him is Brazilian i.e. he goes by instinct, improvisation and likes to be more devastating. If and when he becomes a first teamer, it will be a challenge to fit him into the team alongside Messi so as to still bring the best out of both.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon 8 Aug 2011 - 6:49

The Franchise wrote:
One thing, you will rarely see Xavi or Iniesta give the ball away, but one thing which is even more rare if them give it away going horizontal across the pitch. If they do give it away, it would be a vertical pass.

Super point. That's something that is part of their definition. There are jokes about when they last gave the ball away. Smile More seriously that point about horizontal and vertical is very significant.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2