A summary on the current squad

+2
El Chelsea Fuerte
Kick
6 posters

Go down

A summary on the current squad Empty A summary on the current squad

Post by Kick Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:55 am

I figured now would be a good time to give a summary on the current squad as we've most made of our changes for the off season.

I'll start with the goal keepers and work my way across the field.

GK:
Cech, He'll remain as our first choice unless Courtois manages to impress everyone at Ateltico. Cech has atleast 5 more years in him and by then Courtois will be ready. transfer status: untouchable.

Hilario, third choice and will most likely remain third choice for this season, he's on his last year of his contract and I doubt it will be renewed, Transfer Status: leaving at end of the season.

Turnbull, back up goalkeeper and likely to stay back up unless Cech gets injured, He's a home grown player so I think he'll hang around for a few years to come, Transfer Status: could be sold but doubtfull.

Courtois, he's alreadyout on loan. I doubt he will be seen in a Chelsea shirt for a few years, if he gets gametime he'll improve and will fill in Cech's boots when Cech is gone. transfer status: won't be sold anytime soon, already on loan.

Delac, Walker and Taylor and all youth players and may become back ups but I doubt they'll Challenge Cech and Courtois is ahead of them.

overall we don't need any GKs and any moves to buy one is very doubtfull.

fullBacks,
Cole, The best LB in the world, not quite slowing down yet however, I would like to see him rested every so often so PVA can get game time. He'll be starting at LB this season and I can waitto see him burning down thr flank again. transfer Status, good luck trying to get him off us.

Ivanovic, Yes I included him in fullbacks a he's our starting RB and likely to start there again this season. Unless bosingwa improves he'll get loads of game time. transfer status: dispite offers the club won't let him go.

bosingwa, back up RB for sure, he's on the last year of his contract and I believe unless he improves he'll be wearing another badge next season. Transfer status: unless sold in Jan he'll be released in June.

ferreira, The veteran of the FBs, I imagine he'll see out his days here playing occasionally, decent cover for both flanks. transfer status: we'll be cruel to sell him unless he wants to go.

van Aanholt, the future, will replace cole when he retires and I imagine PVA will be kept as Cole's understudy with the departure of Zhirkov. transfer Status: We're keeping him.

bertrand, PVA's rival for the LB spot, older and better defencivly than Partick but is likely to go out on loan again, signed a long term contract so I imagine he'll be aroundvfor a few years yet. transfer Status: loan option.

clifford is the only other Fullback I can think of and he is too young so he'll stay in the reserves.

overall we only want a RB but we can always wait for Clifford but this would mean keeping Bosingwa. A back up RB is an option for us next transfer period.

centre backs
terry, our captain and hero, I don't see him gonig anywhere I believe he'll retire with us. 30 years old so I imagine someone will step up to replace him soon. transfer Status: not going anywhere.

alex, lots of rumours floating around that he will leave but I doubt it unless we can get Rajkovic a work permit. likely to be a starter next season and David Luiz's competition to partner Terry. transfer Status: could be sold If Rajkovic gets a work permit.

luiz, the cult hero and future starting CB. Will give Alex a run for his money to Partner John and I expect to see koads of Luiz this season, Transfer Status: untouchable.

bruma and Rajkovic are likely to get loaned out again(bruma has been). kalas and Chalobah are most likely going to stay in the youth squads.

Overall a CB is not needed with 8 on our books.

Defencive MID
Mikel, most likely our starter for the season and finally his chance to prove himself, I believe to can take it and cement his spot when Essien comes back. transfer Status: won't leave us.

romeu, I imagine he'll be our back up when he joins up with us. Will sit on the bench for most games and if he impresses he might even jump Mikel. transfer Status: could head back to barca but I doubt it as they have enough DM's and he'll be further down the pecking order there.

Overall, as Ramires and Essien can play here I doubt we'll be needing anyone anytime soon.

Central Mid.
Lampard, Another one of the untouchables, if he can get back to form of old his starting spot will be unchallenged but if he can't then we have a massive gap to fill. transfer Status: untouchable

Ramires, one of my favourite players, cant you tell? A likely starter in that Box to box role he does so well, Better than Essien and will only improve. transfer Status: He won't be leaving.

Essien, out untill Jan, shame about that LOL Jks I happy he's out, he hasn't had good form for years so him being out has allowed us to look to youth, McEachran, Mikel, Romeu and Ramires will all get more game time now he's out which is good news in my opinion. transfer status: I doubt anyone would want him.

McEachran, another of my favourite players, This will be his year, I believe he'll get loads of game time and impress everyone. transfer Status: how can he be a one club man if someone buys him?

overall, we have good cover in CM and I don't think we will need one for a few years.

Attacking Mid,
benayoun, he is going to be our supe sub this year, as he can play on the wings or through the centre, Injury stopped us from judging how good he is in blue last year but I feel he will do well this year. transfer status: doutfull but if he wants to leave we won't stop him.

malouda, as Malouda is not a midfielder but not a striker I felt this is the only place to put him. likely to be our main LW again but has to improve otherwise he'll be dropped. Probably the player who is most happy about Zhirkov leaving as he has less compition for LW. The only problem with him is he thinks he is Xavi and Messi combined, if he stops thinking this and plays like a winger he would be fantastic. transfer Status: possible to leave over the coming years.

kakuta, I would love to see him played in AM as oposed to LW as he is much better there. Yet to reach his potential but he still has loads of time, If we are to buy another player he will likely go out on loan otherwise I think the club will look to keep him. tranfer status: loan possible

Lucas is the only other Am and will join the club reserves in Jan.

Overall more AM's are needed as we need creativity, if we don't sign an AM I woud want a winger.

strikers
Drogba, 33 but still going strong, however, this could be his last year with us. His contract expires next year and If Torres finds form Drogba will be less used. will be used more as Lukaku's mentor than anything I think. Transfer status: will only leave for OM and if Torres finds form it could happen next year.

Torres, will most likely be our starting CF this season, I know all of Chelsea is behind him and I believe he can bang in 20 goals this season. transfer status: you got 50m?

Anelka, His fall from form has been so quick I almost forget how poor he was last season. A shame really but this will be his last season with us as his contract expires at the end of the season. he has stated he will see out his contract and I don't expect us to renew it. transfer status: will leave at the end of the season.

Kalou, We all had such high expectations of him when he first came but all he has turned out to be is a decent super sub. Another on his last year of his contract, I'm not sure if he will renew or not, I think he'd do better elsewhere but if he leaves then we will have a big hole to fill up front with Anelka going too. transfer status: possible to leave soon if he doesn't renew contract.

sturridge, with Lukaku on his way Sturridge will most likely be used as a wing-forward. However, this will be the year that the footballing comunities of future generations will call, the year of Danny Sturridge, the greatest player of all time, the only player who is better than Podolski ( oh no he di'n't.) Transfer Status: 5% chance of being loaned out otherwise he won't be going anywhere.

Lukaku, our newest signing and our future CF. i don't expect much game time for him this season but he will play. I believe with Drogba's guidence he'll become an amazing player and he's perfectly suited to the EPL already. transfer Status: he bleeds blue now.

we also have the likes of Lalkovic Etock and that former Celtic player in our ranks so we're covered for strikers but we still need wingers.

Overall, we may need to spend on some wingers next year but we're looking good in the CF department.

all in Alll, we will only need wingers and a RB and maybe a CM in the future, that is of course if our youth live up to their potential. Things are looking good for Us, however, don't expect too much from this season.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

A summary on the current squad Empty Re: A summary on the current squad

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:16 am

I'm not too worried about winning the PL or CL. A top four finish in the PL and a good run in the CL and I'll be happy. One of the FA Cup or Carling and it'll be good.

You can see what the club is trying to do, it's clear Villas-Boas is here for the long run. I do not think we'll go for Modric again because the club realizes that he'll be as expensive as Pastore. Instead we're getting players like Courtois, De Bruyne (most probably), Lukaku, Romeu, etc all of whom have come for relative cheap prices. Outsiders don't realize it but we have already created a major part of our future starting 11 with prices that go with the FFP. You can see that instead of buying expensive young players that are already good like Pastore, the club is going for young players who have just shown potential and are therefore cheap, but have major careers ahead of them. Though I do not know how the hell we got Lukaku for just 13m, what a steal.

This is the type of policy I wanted to see from the club when I created the 'Can we start living within our means?' thread a few months ago and gladly the club has put winning trophies towards the side and are trying to live within our means by developing young players. We have been criticized for the big amount of superstars we have signed, but people in a few years will realize the change the club has adopted. Overall I am happy with our signings so far, but a midfielder would be welcomed. For a winger I prefer De Bruyne, will cost less than 10m.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:25 am

Good stuff dude.. +1

About RB position.. I think if Alex will be injured consistently Iva will have to cover at CB as well.. so Bosingwa will be used more than we might expect. Luiz is also injured if im not mistaken.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:35 am

De Bruyne would be fantastic for us. When I saw that thread in the GD I couldn't help but laugh at the cluelessness of some posters, As long as Roman can accept the fact we might not win the EPL this year I believe we'll be set. I do remember that thread Jewel and it is good to see what we are doing, I posted a lineup for the future which was almost completely home grown players that looked amazing in terms of potential. The best part was they were all our players. If Villas-Boas was signed for the long run then I seriously can't wait for the next few seasons as we'll only get better and better.

If we sign a young RB or promote clifford and buy a young winger, De Bruyne for example then we would not need to spend any money for a good 3-4 years or so. Imagine to profits!

As for the RB problem, I feel that unless it is against strong opposition we won't have to worry too much, Bosingwa and Ferreira are good enough if Ivanovic has to move to CB but don't forget Romeu can play there too, as can Essien and with a bit of Training I bet Drogba could too. So it won't be the end of the world if both of our Samba CB's are injured.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:51 am

IMO we'll see more of bossingwa then most of us expect this season, i know that DL has been unavailable for all pre season games but bossi has got a fair ammount of game time, i get the feeling that AVB has a bit of a soft spot for him
cant see him signing a new contract though
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:56 am

No, this is the last season for him unless he learns to defend again.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:34 am

Drogba as a RB? Very Happy
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:42 am

I actually ment Romeu, Essien and drogba could play CB with Ivanovic at Rb.

Think about it, who is our main guy heading the ball out from defencive set plays? It's Drogba 9 times out of 10. He is also strong enough, Fast enough, Fit enough, Good enough in the air, the only question remains is whether he has the positioning.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:48 am

U said exactly whats lacking as well Very Happy Positioning is of most importance there..
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:54 am

Which could be taught to a ddegree. Don't forget his cameo there last season, I can't recall the game but I know he moved there at the end of one of them.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:03 am

Well.. I prefer JT, Luiz,Alex,Iva there Very Happy
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:11 am

So do I but it's not the end of the world should get have a couple of injuries.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:55 pm

Ah yeah, in case of an emergency...
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:19 pm

LOL Drogba @ CB no thanks, sure he heads out all the corners but hes been given a license kind of a free role to head the ball before he used to mark people and he would lose them occasionally but this free role attack the ball is just perfecto ⭐
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:59 pm

We have other promising RB beside Clifford, there is also Todd Kane who is highly rated by Chelsea and from the deco sale we will get Wallace, who is one of the most promising RB's in Brazil.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down