+3
black & white blood
DeviAngel
B1anconer0
7 posters

Go down

Conte's Juventus  Empty Conte's Juventus

Post by B1anconer0 Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:10 pm

The start of the season is drawing closer and closer and all of us Juventini expect a lot from this team under Conte.
The thing that still has been unanswered is which players Will still arrive and which formation(s) Conte will use. We all know he made his success with his 4-4-2/4-2-4 but he will have a difficult time fielding all of Juventus' best players in this formation, that's why Juventini want Conte to field a 4-3-3.
The positives of this latter formation is that we will see a dynamic midfield consisting of Pirlo-Vidal-Marchisio. If he plays a 4-4-2, one of these players won't have a starting spot and I can't see one of them on the bench.
Now, the positives of the 4-4-2 is that Conte knows how the use this formation inside and out.
I too think that a 4-3-3 would be the best option, but Beppe is still searching for a great Lw, and we have been linked with some big names for that position.
So It looks like Conte is going to stick with his 4-4-2 then? Because why else would they still be searching for a Lw? If Conte uses a 4-3-3, a lw won't be needed. Attack would probably look like this : Krasic-Matri-Vucinic, with eta beta sub for Vuci and Del Piero or Toni for Matri.

It just drives me crazy .. I don't want to see any of Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio on the bench. But on the other hand, if a Lw comes in and a 4-3-3 will be applied we would have an attack consisting of Krasic-Matri-(Lw) and we would have a ton of strikers left on the bench..

So, my question to you fratelli. Should we just rely on Conte's preferred formation and have one of Vidal, Pirlo,Marchisio on the bench or a 4-3-3 with still a lw coming in and having thus a ton of strikers on the bench...

Btw, It's been a looong time since we'd have depth like this, it makes us think who to play and who not Very Happy Forza Juve Per Sempre !! (Sorry for the long post)
B1anconer0
B1anconer0
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Conte's Juventus  Empty Re: Conte's Juventus

Post by DeviAngel Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:08 am

I go for 4-2-4 why ? Because if some1 from Pirlo - Marchisio/Vidal gets injured or is tired we always have star player who can fill in or rotate that way there is no sub and we got depth .....in 4-3-3 lets face it we got no cover for our Midfield in 4-3-3 ...we have no 3 CM ...only PAzzienza is on the bench and probably Giandonato ...who else ?

4-2-4 ftw
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:25 am

DeviAngel wrote:I go for 4-2-4 why ? Because if some1 from Pirlo - Marchisio/Vidal gets injured or is tired we always have star player who can fill in or rotate that way there is no sub and we got depth .....in 4-3-3 lets face it we got no cover for our Midfield in 4-3-3 ...we have no 3 CM ...only PAzzienza is on the bench and probably Giandonato ...who else ?

4-2-4 ftw

I got to completely disagree on this. Just already having a 4-2-4 in Serie A isn't risky enough, having Pirlo alone in that position with either Vidal or Marchisio, meaning it's only one of them covering the whole midfield. It will not work out, and to me that will be the thinnest and weakest midfield in all of Serie A. Not only that, niether Marchisio or Vidal are destroyers. SKY said it themselves this will be the biggest risk, but they assure this is temporary until Vidal arrives.

As for the 4-3-3 it was tried today... and the 4-3-3 is the best way to go. Why will first off, neither Vidal and especially not Marchisio will be benched. Second, it adds more strength and makes the midfield complete. As for injuries, what are the odds of both Vidal and Marchisio being injured in the same game, nonetheless neither one of them are injury prone. What we should worry about is WHEN PIRLO GETS INJURED OR WON'T BE ABLE TO PLAY, who will play for him? Pazienza? You see, no creativity. We need a vice. Anyways, rotations we already have enough to cover for both Marchisio and Vidal.

Back to top Go down

Post by black & white blood Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:43 am

I hope Conte does not forget Quagliarella
He was our best player last season till he got injured
black & white blood
black & white blood
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:27 am

black & white blood wrote:I hope Conte does not forget Quagliarella
He was our best player last season till he got injured

Hello and welcome to the forums, we hope that you enjoy the forums and that you're active. Please post in the Famglia thread and introduce yourself.

And I agree, but with Vucinic it does seems Quag will be the sub.

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Pinguino Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:37 pm

sciacca wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:I go for 4-2-4 why ? Because if some1 from Pirlo - Marchisio/Vidal gets injured or is tired we always have star player who can fill in or rotate that way there is no sub and we got depth .....in 4-3-3 lets face it we got no cover for our Midfield in 4-3-3 ...we have no 3 CM ...only PAzzienza is on the bench and probably Giandonato ...who else ?

4-2-4 ftw

I got to completely disagree on this. Just already having a 4-2-4 in Serie A isn't risky enough, having Pirlo alone in that position with either Vidal or Marchisio, meaning it's only one of them covering the whole midfield. It will not work out, and to me that will be the thinnest and weakest midfield in all of Serie A. Not only that, niether Marchisio or Vidal are destroyers. SKY said it themselves this will be the biggest risk, but they assure this is temporary until Vidal arrives.

As for the 4-3-3 it was tried today... and the 4-3-3 is the best way to go. Why will first off, neither Vidal and especially not Marchisio will be benched. Second, it adds more strength and makes the midfield complete. As for injuries, what are the odds of both Vidal and Marchisio being injured in the same game, nonetheless neither one of them are injury prone. What we should worry about is WHEN PIRLO GETS INJURED OR WON'T BE ABLE TO PLAY, who will play for him? Pazienza? You see, no creativity. We need a vice. Anyways, rotations we already have enough to cover for both Marchisio and Vidal.
Completely agree especially since Pirlo always finds himself injured...never fails lol
But I can't help but to think we will go with Marchisio and Vidal if we play with a 4-2-4. I think that would be the way to go should we play with the 4-2-4 over the 4-3-3.I just don't see Pirlo working in 4-2-4
Il Pinguino
Il Pinguino
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:12 am

sciacca wrote:

4-2-4 ftw

the only reason that the 4-3-3 was tried because 15 of our players were not here and training and he had no players for 4-2-4 esp for two sides
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:21 am

I would much prefer the 4-2-4 for the reasons already stated. Additionally, I do not like the defensive midfield capabilities with the 4-3-3 that everyone is proposing, with Pirlo in the center. The only way i'd be ok with a 4-3-3 is if Vidal plays behind Marchisio and Pirlo and in the middle as the CDM. Otherwise, I very much worry about Juve's defensive's coverage under a 4-3-3.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabra1 Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:40 am

Conte will probably use the 4-4-2 formation, and depending on the match he can change it to 4-2-4. Although 4-3-3 would bring the best out of players, winning the league would require consistency. I would personally prefer a good streak rather than just one great game. With a good left winger (hopefully the very talented Elia), Juve will have one of the best combinations on the flanks. I would prefer using the 4-4-2 as the main formation, with 4-2-4 as an alternative when the team needs an attacking boost. And maybe, if a winger gets injured, we can play 4-3-3 for optimal performance from the team.

Forza Juve.
Sabra1
Sabra1
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Marchisio #8 Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:47 pm

I think that Cone will make the right choice and we wouldnt regret it.Althought i think that we should skip the old fashion 442 and play like men with 433
C.Marchisio #8
C.Marchisio #8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum