Red Alert
ausbaz
beatrixasdfghjk.
fatman123
BarcaKizz
17 posters

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Matchday: Discussion and Highlights - Page 5 Empty Re: Matchday: Discussion and Highlights

Post by fatman123 Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:14 am

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:Why couldn't the ref just look at the screen to see if it was a penalty then?
scratch.

your joking right? you know theres no video technology in football right?

fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Matchday: Discussion and Highlights - Page 5 Empty Re: Matchday: Discussion and Highlights

Post by boss Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:33 am

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:BERISHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.
What a player :bow: ....btw what is his nationality beatrix ? Laughing LOOOL

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:35 am

Albanian ;__;
He cheated, ruined my opinion of him ):

fatman123 wrote:
beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:Why couldn't the ref just look at the screen to see if it was a penalty then?
scratch.

I know, but how would a ref be able to make a decision when he knows it's being replayed above him?

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:38 am

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:
fatman123 wrote:
scratch.

I know, but how would a ref be able to make a decision when he knows it's being replayed above him?

think about it chronologically, the ref gives the penalty and then they show the replay, ref cant change his mind once the pen is given
same goes in NRL, once the ref calls a penalty, knock on etc he cant change his mind based upon the replay on the screen, the replay is there only for the fans, the only time in NRL is a decision made based upon a video replay is if it goes to the video ref
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:04 am

Well that's really gonna piss off the fans...

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:49 pm

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:Well that's really gonna piss off the fans...

My opinions expressed as if I was writing an angry letter...

Dear FFA,

That was disgusting.

I'm thoroughly disenchanted with Australian football right now.

Words cannot express how embarrassing it is to have such a ridiculous decision made in a final of a top-tier competition. Referees in Australia need to go back to school. Video replay is not going to save these fools. If I was that referee, I'd quit my job right now, just stop. Some people want to be the star of the show and just cannot accept that their place is to accentuate the gameplay rather than to impose themselves on the game - it was accentuating the role-play more like it.

I'm the optimistic type, but there is no hope. No hope for football to move forward in Australia with such a poor standard at the moment and with you people in charge at the top. This is a systemic issue, not an isolated incident. It's no wonder that football fans in this country follow European teams that they have never seen play in real-life before far more passionately than their hometown club.

I'm not some enraged Perth Glory fan, or a Brisbane fan who is ashamed of the manner in which their team won the game. I am just a neutral who is incredibly disappointed.

Events like this are controversial and interesting in the short-term, but highly damaging to the reputation of the sport in the long-term. It is this lack of vision that plagues the entire organisation. Consequently, the A-League is hardly discussed on this forum even with it's own dedicated section.

Kindly get lost,

FR

Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:36 pm

Lawyer :bow:.

Bleh, the refs in Europe are no better.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:07 am

A-League referees' boss Mark Shield has thrown his support behind under-fire whistleblower Jarred Gillett, saying he was correct to award a controversial late penalty to Brisbane Roar in yesterday's grand final.
Debate continued to rage today over Gillett's awarding of a spot kick to striker Besart Berisha at Suncorp Stadium, which allowed the Roar to steal a 2-1 win over Perth and claim back-to-back titles.
Glory players and staff claimed they had been robbed by the decision, claiming there was no, or minimal, contact from midfielder Liam Miller, but Shield today praised Gillett for making the call "without fear or favour".
Shield also defended the appointment of Gillett for the decider, despite the fact he is from Brisbane and his partner works in the Roar's media department.
Shield said Gillett's officiating had been outstanding all season and praised his performance in the grand final.
"His general decision making was excellent, player management and game control, exemplary, and in my view he showed a great example for aspiring referees," Shield said on Monday.
"... Referees don't mind criticism on individual decisions but linking that debate to previous matches, the state in which the referee resides or matters to do with his personal life are out of order."
Asked whether he would have given the penalty, Shield said:
"My very first instinct was [it was a] penalty at the time ... Like everyone else, I've had a look the replay and there's some inconclusive angles but there's one particular angle that shows, in my view, that there was enough contact to warrant a penalty given."
It is not the first refereeing controversy of the finals series, with Central Coast Mariners coach Graham Arnold angered by several decisions in recent weeks.
Shield acknowledged officials had erred with some offside calls but described the overall standard of refereeing "exceptionally good".

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/a-league/grand-final-penalty-call-was-right-insists-aleague-refs-boss-20120423-1xgz3.html#ixzz1sqgtKhy5

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:09 am

Just to add, Berisha also came back from an offside position to receive the pass, so it wasn't a penalty regardless of whether there was contact or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:38 am

Maje10 wrote:Just to add, Berisha also came back from an offside position to receive the pass, so it wasn't a penalty regardless of whether there was contact or not.

:facepalm: this is ashley young-esque
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:51 am

He was offside?
I spent so much attention looking at the dive that I didn't notice...

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:58 am

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:Lawyer :bow:.

Bleh, the refs in Europe are no better.
You should be able to sue some referees for gross negligence.

The Euro refs are still dodgy, but nowhere near as bad as the refs here on average. When Gillett is the best you've got, you know you're screwed.

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:A-League referees' boss Mark Shield has thrown his support behind under-fire whistleblower Jarred Gillett, saying he was correct to award a controversial late penalty to Brisbane Roar in yesterday's grand final.
Debate continued to rage today over Gillett's awarding of a spot kick to striker Besart Berisha at Suncorp Stadium, which allowed the Roar to steal a 2-1 win over Perth and claim back-to-back titles.
Glory players and staff claimed they had been robbed by the decision, claiming there was no, or minimal, contact from midfielder Liam Miller, but Shield today praised Gillett for making the call "without fear or favour".
Shield also defended the appointment of Gillett for the decider, despite the fact he is from Brisbane and his partner works in the Roar's media department.
Shield said Gillett's officiating had been outstanding all season and praised his performance in the grand final.
"His general decision making was excellent, player management and game control, exemplary, and in my view he showed a great example for aspiring referees," Shield said on Monday.
"... Referees don't mind criticism on individual decisions but linking that debate to previous matches, the state in which the referee resides or matters to do with his personal life are out of order."
Asked whether he would have given the penalty, Shield said:
"My very first instinct was [it was a] penalty at the time ... Like everyone else, I've had a look the replay and there's some inconclusive angles but there's one particular angle that shows, in my view, that there was enough contact to warrant a penalty given."
It is not the first refereeing controversy of the finals series, with Central Coast Mariners coach Graham Arnold angered by several decisions in recent weeks.
Shield acknowledged officials had erred with some offside calls but described the overall standard of refereeing "exceptionally good".

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/a-league/grand-final-penalty-call-was-right-insists-aleague-refs-boss-20120423-1xgz3.html#ixzz1sqgtKhy5

I read this earlier today. Inconclusive angles my ass.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:45 pm

Roar coach quit?
scratch

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:10 am

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:Roar coach quit?
scratch
Going to victory
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:47 am

Australian Mitch Langerak played the full 90 minutes for Borussia Dortmund last night in their 5-2 win over Kaiserslautern.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:00 am

this threads getting more action now then when the season was on, poor Kizz

Also Curtis Good just completed a 10-day trial at newcastle and could be on his way to the PL next season
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue May 08, 2012 3:26 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FFA_Cup

What's this?
Looks interesting...

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue May 08, 2012 8:55 am

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FFA_Cup

What's this?
Looks interesting...

Its a proposal for a tournament like the FA Cup. Will include A-League teams and teams from lower level comps like NSW Premier League. I'm not sure how low it will go.

It would be great, and will also add more fixtures to the football calendar, which is a good thing.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue May 08, 2012 12:29 pm

BarcaKizz wrote:

What's this?
Looks interesting...

Its a proposal for a tournament like the FA Cup. Will include A-League teams and teams from lower level comps like NSW Premier League. I'm not sure how low it will go.

It would be great, and will also add more fixtures to the football calendar, which is a good thing.
If they do this, they should eventually phase out the finals at the end of the regular season. It would bring us into line with most other countries and put the emphasis back on the league.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue May 08, 2012 12:54 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:
BarcaKizz wrote:

What's this?
Looks interesting...

If they do this, they should eventually phase out the finals at the end of the regular season. It would bring us into line with most other countries and put the emphasis back on the league.
What about a relegation system, how would that work with all the individual leagues in each state?

Major reforms .__.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue May 08, 2012 12:58 pm

It's waaaaaaaay too soon to think about a relegation system.

A national B-league would be impossible considering the expenses involved.

A transition step would be to have promotion via a short playoff tournament between State champions.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue May 08, 2012 1:32 pm

Excluded clubs
Wellington Phoenix (Will not take part in the cup because the club is based in New Zealand.)

Massive advantage for the Phoenix there

next major a-league reform certianly should be to change from a rugby-style finals system to th european first-past-the-post style, although a relegation system is a long long long way away, the game would need to get alot bigger to be able to finiacially support two teirs of football
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue May 08, 2012 1:51 pm

Firstly, I don't think a relegation system will or should ever happen... We don't have a big enough population or base for that. We don't have the long history needed for that sort of thing. We should just follow the MLS lead, they won't ever have one either.

I don't think finals should be phased out for a long time either. We need maybe 16-20 teams before we can seriously start talking about doing that, and that is going to be a while away. Secondly, finals football has been the success of the A-League. The atmosphere is more than twice as good as a normal game and to get rid of it would hurt the league. I'm not even sure if we should ever get rid of it either. Just because its done in Europe, it doesn't mean we should follow that lead. Finals are something important in Australian sporting culture and it may be important to keep something distinctive about the A-League.

I think more credit should eventually go to the first across the line in the league, but getting rid of finals series could be costly and that issue is certainly long off...
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue May 08, 2012 1:59 pm

One day, people will look back at the records and see that Adelaide United were the inaugural league champions.

eco smile
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by isignedupjusttoseesigs Tue May 08, 2012 2:47 pm

i miss wollongong being good Sad
isignedupjusttoseesigs
isignedupjusttoseesigs
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:44 pm

Socceroos vs Japan -- 8pm Tuesday, Suncorp Stadium

Gonna be a cracker... I'm a little worried, we looked awesome about 6 months ago, but we've lost our momentum and Holger's using some weird players. Japan on the other hand are flying. They just won 6-0 the other day.

Honda, Kagawa, Nakamura... so much quality.

Starting lineups?

I hope we go with:

Schwarzer
Williams - Ognenovski - Neill - Zullo
Wilkshire - Valeri - Bresciano - McKay
Kewell
Kennedy

Kind of worried about Zullo/Carney/Spira v their attacking mids. Also worried that he'll start North for some ridiculous reason over Williams. The mids and forwards don't inspire me with great confidence... but I don't see whats better atm.

Japan will probably be:
Kawashima
Uchida, Kurihara, Konno, Nagatomo
Hasebe, Endo
Okazaki, Honda, Kagawa
Maeda
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next