Goals: Cahill, Kruse

Last edited by BarcaKizz on Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Matchday: Discussion and Highlights Empty Re: Matchday: Discussion and Highlights

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:03 pm

BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Matchday: Discussion and Highlights Empty Re: Matchday: Discussion and Highlights

Post by fatman123 Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:24 pm

greatest league in the world :coffee:

fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:25 pm

fatman123 wrote:greatest league in the world :coffee:

lol you guys are the worst...

Still a young league, needs support and funding and will eventually come good.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:55 pm

But why would you play in Australia if you were good enough to play overseas?
That's the problem :L

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:43 pm

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:But why would you play in Australia if you were good enough to play overseas?
That's the problem :L

Look at the MLS and Asian leagues... The very best players move over to Europe, but it doesn't stop these leagues from being succesful. We aim for that level, not EPL...
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:24 am

itd be so much easier to support them if they werent so boring to watch
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:20 am

fatman123 wrote:itd be so much easier to support them if they werent so boring to watch

Well its gradually getting better. Last season Adelaide and Brisbane were pretty entertaining actually...

If you saw the A-League final you would have enjoyed it, one of the best finals I've seen. With Kewell and Emerton now back, the A-League just needs to promote itself better and get the public more involved.

The more we support it, the better it will get and then the more we'll want to support it.

Anyway, I'm not forcing you to watch it obv... but I'm just saying, knocking it won't do it any good will it.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:52 am

guess im gonna have to try watch it this season, maybe even go to a few SFC games, but IMO with NRL, AFL, Union and cricket during the summer (same time of year as a-league) already being established sports im not sure if theres enough space for the a-league to become so poppular
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:40 am

BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ausbaz Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:54 am

BarcaKizz wrote:

Wow. Brilliant goal by Tommy!

ausbaz
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:30 am

All of Roarcelona's goals last year... already they are killing it this year.

BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:47 am

Roar is so well out of the A-league's standards it's unbelievable. ._.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:02 am

what i like about roar is that theyre really trying to copy the style of play of european sides whereas most other a-leagues sides are still using the same style of play that was used in Australia before the A-league which is really leaves their defence begging to be raped by roars passing game eg in some of those vids the back four arent even nearly in line, sometimes one CB is standing in fornt of his partner ffs, still take a bow roar, their leaps and bounds ahead of the rest.
For me the best way to improve the a-league is not only to import players but to import european managers, even someone who manages division one in england could bring alot to an a-league side and im sure the wages etc of a third division england coach shouldnt stretch an a-league sides budget too much
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:34 pm

fatman123 wrote:what i like about roar is that theyre really trying to copy the style of play of european sides whereas most other a-leagues sides are still using the same style of play that was used in Australia before the A-league which is really leaves their defence begging to be raped by roars passing game eg in some of those vids the back four arent even nearly in line, sometimes one CB is standing in fornt of his partner ffs, still take a bow roar, their leaps and bounds ahead of the rest.
For me the best way to improve the a-league is not only to import players but to import european managers, even someone who manages division one in england could bring alot to an a-league side and im sure the wages etc of a third division england coach shouldnt stretch an a-league sides budget too much

Yes, they have caught on to the modern football, which when put into practice properly, is just so much more effective than old-English style.

I agree with the fact that importing players is a good way to help our players grow, but they need to be the right sort of players. No point importing someone BECAUSE he is from overseas. Some of the Brazilians etc are pretty ordinary, we have plenty of our own talent. Its about finding the right sort of quality players who can come here and teach others what football is about. Thomas Broich is the perfect example... and is certainly the best player in the league atm... We also have a good generation of Socceroos getting old who can come back and boost the crowds and the quality. I think we have something very important to offer old European players looking to finish up their careers: good weather! The country is a fantastic draw card... if we can lift the standard a bit more, Australia will be a wonderful place to wind up a career. I don't see why can't draw even the really big names of European football.

I don't really agree with the managers thing though... Roar's coach is Australian, his philosophy is European. Its more about making sure the managers are trained and educated in the style we believe in. Make sure they can learn from guys like Osieck. Vidmar is also a good coach, working with the Ollyroos. The European coaches haven't had huge impacts on the A-League. Lavicka brought wonderful football to Sydney in his first year, European football... I don't understand wtf he is doing now with his narrow 4-4-2 diamond... its so sh*t and he hasn't figured it out after 1 and 1/2 years... If we are going to import coaches they've got to have the credentials, otherwise I'd prefer that our coaches just go and learn from the best in Europe. Postecoglou is a great example.

Even English Div 1 coaches? No thanks... Most English coaches are still stuck in the dark ages as well, one of the reasons England suck so much. They haven't caught on to the Euro philosophy which is far superior. The best English sides employ European tactics, but the national team and most lower div teams are still very direct, play a lot of ball in the air and place too much emphasis on physique rather than technique. Some of the coaches may be slightly better, but not a lot better. I'd prefer us learning the Dutch, German or Spanish football.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:44 pm

About the Socceroos getting old, I'm kinda worried about that: who's going to take over the reigns when they all retire?
A lot of them are going to be reaaaaally ancient once the next World Cup comes around...

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:49 pm

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:About the Socceroos getting old, I'm kinda worried about that: who's going to take over the reigns when they all retire?
A lot of them are going to be reaaaaally ancient once the next World Cup comes around...

If you've been watching.. you'd see the outlook is actually pretty promising. Lots of very talented youngsters coming through. Not all with the same star factor, but they are quite exciting and it will be interesting to see if the likes of Kewell etc can even get back into the team!

I was going to make a thread about this... so wait up Wink But yeah, good talent, and some players who are very good aren't even in the squad yet... like Oar, Rukavystsa, Leckie, Lowry etc.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:42 am

Roarcelona hammered Adelaide 7-1 Shocked affraid

-Vid, Stats etc.-

Adelaide have been good too... wtf... Brisbane are amazing.

Sidenote, Vidosic's goal was quality... the kid is too good for the A-League... I'm sure he'll revive his career this year. People will take notice if he keeps up his form and goalscoring.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:56 am

Do I see an Albanian?
Goalol's going to love him cheers

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:10 am

Your percentage of quality insight to number of posts is outrageously low lol.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:25 am

Yeah, I know that .__.

I DO MAKE THE occasional GOOD POST THOUGH.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:29 am

Fantastic Game!!

Highlights
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:18 am

BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:05 am

kewel won goal.com goal of the week, :bow: hes still a GOAT
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Matchday: Discussion and Highlights Empty Matchday Discussion

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:47 am

Thought I'd seperate the discussion of games (now that there's some interest Cool ) from the 'Talk about Whatever' thread.

Pre-game, during game, and post-game discussions all here.

Matchday: Discussion and Highlights 605889-kewell-and-emerton
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum