+5
Iceman
Sushi Master
Sri
tsgooner1
REWB
9 posters

Go down

am i the only one that was impressed by the performance today? lol Empty am i the only one that was impressed by the performance today? lol

Post by REWB Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:37 pm

defensively we were the best i have seen in a long time. that is the most important part. the attack will get better trust me. it will take at least 4-5 games for players to fully get there sharpness back. in addition, i am sure wenger will use the money to get more attacking options we need a another AM now. but bear in mind that we were missing wilshere so its not all bad. gervinho was good, cant believe people are saying he played bad. he ran passed players and caused alot of problems, its just that his crossing was bad im sure it will improve as the season goes on and he gets used to his new team mates.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

am i the only one that was impressed by the performance today? lol Empty Re: am i the only one that was impressed by the performance today? lol

Post by tsgooner1 Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:39 pm

I agree, great defensive peformance, but we really lacked a cutting edge.

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

am i the only one that was impressed by the performance today? lol Empty Re: am i the only one that was impressed by the performance today? lol

Post by Sri Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:42 pm

With you mate.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:57 pm

Agreed. Total rocks in defense, Song back to his bossing self and we are still practically in pre season. Once everyone fires up goals should come flowing as they naturally do.

Only problem is sorting out the Fabs-Nasri problems and get them replaced ASAP.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:09 pm

This is how life is without Fab/Nasri AND without their replacements either. In other words, things can only get better from here on out.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:14 pm

I would'nt judge your defence on a Newcastle side with no Caroll replacement still, HBA injured, Marveaux not fit tbh... It did look alot more solid than usual tho.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:20 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:I would'nt judge your defence on a Newcastle side with no Caroll replacement still, HBA injured, Marveaux not fit tbh... It did look alot more solid than usual tho.
You can still own us in set pieces, and we were solid in set pieces so just for that it's a huge plus.

By Vermaelen being back our backline also automatically grows an extra testicle.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:24 pm

Me too.. May be not happy.. But content..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:26 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:I would'nt judge your defence on a Newcastle side with no Caroll replacement still, HBA injured, Marveaux not fit tbh... It did look alot more solid than usual tho.
You can still own us in set pieces, and we were solid in set pieces so just for that it's a huge plus.

By Vermaelen being back our backline also automatically grows an extra testicle.
Tbf that's only possible if the delivery is good and the delivery was god awful today mind you Gutierrez playing is a huge reason behind that the quicker Marveaux and HBA come back the better.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:52 pm

Defense was great today, Koscielny was actually very clutch and reliable. I agree that the attack will get better. If the defense can remain consistent then we'll be good after Wenger reinforces the team with a good CB and winger or AM.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:25 am

MJGunner wrote:Defense was great today, Koscielny was actually very clutch and reliable. I agree that the attack will get better. If the defense can remain consistent then we'll be good after Wenger reinforces the team with a good CB and winger or AM.

another winger?
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:18 pm

ali8775 wrote:
MJGunner wrote:Defense was great today, Koscielny was actually very clutch and reliable. I agree that the attack will get better. If the defense can remain consistent then we'll be good after Wenger reinforces the team with a good CB and winger or AM.

another winger?

Yes, more depth. Arshavin isn't fit to replace Nasri.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:42 pm

MJGunner wrote:
ali8775 wrote:

another winger?

I wasn't asking you to justify yourself my bad lol, I'v been talking for a month about how we need more wingers and I'm glad someone agrees with me lol
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:28 pm

ali8775 wrote:
MJGunner wrote:
ali8775 wrote:

another winger?

I wasn't asking you to justify yourself my bad lol, I'v been talking for a month about how we need more wingers and I'm glad someone agrees with me lol

hahaha ahh I see. :lol!:
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down