Messi
Albiceleste
JuvenelCuore
windkick
Giggslegend
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Real Madrid Spendings vs Barcelona Spendings since 2008 - Page 2 Empty Re: Real Madrid Spendings vs Barcelona Spendings since 2008

Post by justdoit_ Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:10 am

Laughing I love how everyone just ignores the OP's actual question.

To answer it, not that the site is official or anything, but here's some useful links;

Real Madrid: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/real-madrid-cf/transfers-alle/verein_418.html

Barcelona: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/fc-barcelona/transfers-alle/verein_131.html

So yes, Real Madrid is still spending more dough, especially if you want to take into account outgoing transfers as well.

justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid Spendings vs Barcelona Spendings since 2008 - Page 2 Empty Re: Real Madrid Spendings vs Barcelona Spendings since 2008

Post by zizzle Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:11 am

Lionel Messi wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:Barca's transfers have created a manipulation of Barcelona fans.

Where, in any part of the world, do you think it is justified to have a bench of Sanchez, Fabregas, Afellay, Mascherano, etc. You realize you are hosting the ex- captain of Arsenal, current captain of Argentina, one of the best youth prodigies in the world, on top of numerous others ? Yeah, justify that.

And Mascherano played 45 games, how many of them were full length ? He started the CL finals because Puyol was injured. Do not manipulate it to make it seem like he was a key element, he was played out of position as well.
Is Afellay world class now? Is it a crime to have him on the bench?

Anyway, these players were bought with a purpose, Barcelona can't maintain their status as the world's best team if they don't have a full squad of top players.

Who called him worldclass ? The best youth prodigy is in reference to Sanchez, not Afellay. I did not even mention him because he was cheap, very cheap, but still unneeded nonetheless.

They already have one, Barca are just greedy.
You mentioned Afellay when you said that it's not justifiable to have him on the bench. He's not a player that would walk into any starting lineup.

It's impossible to talk to you, it's like talking to a wall.

I agree with you on Afellay, notice I did not mention him in the list of ex-Arsenal, Argentina Captain, and top youth prodigy ? For a reason.

I am a wall ? How so ? I have given credit where credit has been due.
I gave you perfectly justifiable reason as to why these transfers went through, for depth, and xavi and villa are getting older. Barcelona have a very thin squad, depth signings are necessary. They can't rely on Jeffren to take over if one of the starting forwards takes a bad injury.

i think the only thing you guys disagree on is how a top 5 midfielder can be bought for depth. it isnt very 'ethical' if you ask me, but hey, football is no longer ethical so as long as you can afford expensive bench warmers then its no one else's problem
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:15 am

@Zizzle: that is exactly what I am protesting, but please read what I wrote above. It is the players' stupidity which allows this and I enjoy watching them suffer.

I turn Barca games on at the 68th minute so I can see Afellay warm-up for 20 minutes on the sideline and come in for a much deserved five minutes. It warms my heart. Cannot wait to see Aguero or Dzeko or Adebayor do the same if Ade stays with MC, all were Juventus targets.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:27 am

JuvenelCuore wrote:@Zizzle: that is exactly what I am protesting, but please read what I wrote above. It is the players' stupidity which allows this and I enjoy watching them suffer.

I turn Barca games on at the 68th minute so I can see Afellay warm-up for 20 minutes on the sideline and come in for a much deserved five minutes. It warms my heart. Cannot wait to see Aguero or Dzeko or Adebayor do the same if Ade stays with MC, all were Juventus targets.

lol, funny we wanted Affellay and Sanchez as starters and yet they choose Barca's bench, of course it will warm my heart seeing them run around the pitch when the game is already in the bag and no one else is really trying but them
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:39 am

zizzle wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:@Zizzle: that is exactly what I am protesting, but please read what I wrote above. It is the players' stupidity which allows this and I enjoy watching them suffer.

lol, funny we wanted Affellay and Sanchez as starters and yet they choose Barca's bench, of course it will warm my heart seeing them run around the pitch when the game is already in the bag and no one else is really trying but them

That is what I mean. I mean, I will admit at the moment Barcelona > Juventus and Inter, and sure they are the biggest club in the world, but that feeling of "I AM ON BARCA" probably died after he realized he is a gopher.

What is even better is Afellay rejected Juventus again, and the day after he suffered a nice injury. Enjoy Afellay, enjoy.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:49 am

Afellay would have been a great addition to Juve....

But you cannot fault a player for wanting to succeed at Barcelona.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:54 am

kiranr wrote:Afellay would have been a great addition to Juve....

its not really ur success when you're cheering on your team mates from the sidelines %90 of the time
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:57 am

I am not saying fault him, but at least if you are going there be the best. For example, Mascherano. He knew he was not going to play. It is quite obvious. Why did he go ? At Liverpool he was liked, respected. He threw that away to do what ? Sit.

Afellay as well. He would have started at Juventus. Sure, Juventus is not Barcelona, but in the end, love for the game prevails. I would play consistency for a team like Juventus than sit on the bench at Barcelona. He plays 3-5 minutes a game and he is 24. He will have his contract end, and then go play at an even lower club than Juventus.

Oh well.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:01 am

This is a product of the decline of football (read my old thread about it to see how) Very Happy

It is not Barca's fault that they attract top talent, it is the players fault that the prefer being a small gear in a big machine than a big gear in a growing machine.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:05 am

Lord Spencer wrote:This is a product of the decline of football (read my old thread about it to see how) Very Happy

It is not Barca's fault that they attract top talent, it is the players fault that the prefer being a small gear in a big machine than a big gear in a growing machine.

Spencer, that thread is relevant to every single topic. Should be stickied and made into a Forum Bible. Cool

I agree with you. It is their own fault and I am still not understanding it. I guess that is just my Juventus mentality ... Nedved, Buffon, Del Piero, Trezeguet, Camoranesi, Chiellini, Vidal, Krasic, etc. were all attracted by bigger clubs yet stayed with Juventus, despite their faltering state.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:25 am

I think it has more to do with the prospect of grandeur.

Putting myself in the player's mind, i would think i have great talent, i have all these amazing footballers around me, if i can succeed here, then that would be the pinnacle of achievement as i have proven i am as good as my colleagues...

Afellay has been quoted as saying that he is confident that he will get loads of playing time at Barcelona if he keeps working hard.

If it were me personally, i would choose starting position at another club. But I am not a talented footballer, so i do not know how that would affect my thinking...

@zizzle

of course not, i am talking about the potential success.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:48 am

zizzle wrote:

its not really ur success when you're cheering on your team mates from the sidelines %90 of the time
Of course it's his success are you joking? Every player on the team is vital to the end product.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:21 am

Barcelona 2008:
Buy:
Keita 14
Pique 5
Cáceres 16.5
Dani Alves 35
Hleb 11.8
Henrique 10
Pinto 0.5

Total Euros out: 92,8 M

Sell:
Zambrotta 11
Dos Santos 11
Deco 10
Ronaldinho 25
LOLeguer 5,25
Crosas 1,3

Total Euros in: 63,55 M

Balance 2008: -29,25 M

Real Madrid 2008:
Buy:
Van der Vaart 13
Javi Garcia 4
De la Red 4,7
Garay 10
Huntelaar 20M
Lass 20M

Total Euros out: 71,7 M

Sell:
Gonzalez 2,2
Balboa 4,5
Granero 5
Soldado 4
Baptista 12
Robinho 42

Total Euros in: 69,7 M

Balance -2 M

Barcelona 2009:
Buy:
Zlatan 42 + ~20 in value for Eto'o = 62
Maxwell 5
Keirrison 16
Chygrynskiy 25

Total Euros out: 108 M

Sell:
Gudjohnsen 2

Total Euros in: 2 M

Balance -106 M

Real Madrid 2009:
Buy:
Arbeloa 4,5
Kaká 65
Ronaldo 94
Alonso 30
Negrado 5
Albiol 15
Benzema 35
Granero 4,5

Total Euros out: 253 M

Sell:
Saviola 5
Javi Garcia 7
Parejo 3
Heinze 1,5
Huntelaar 15
Negrado 15
Sneijder 15
Robben 25
Torres 2

Total Euros in: 88,5 M

Balance -164,5 M

Barcelona 2010:
Buy:
Villa 40
Mascherano 19
Adriano 9,5
Afellay 3

Total euros out: 71,5 M

Sell:
Chygrynskiy 15
Yaya 24

Total euros in: 39 M

Balance: -32,5 M

Real Madrid 2010:
Buy:
Canales 4,5
Di Maria 25
León 10
Khedira 12
Carvalho 8
Özil 15

Total Euros out: 74,5 M

Sell:
Van Der Vaart 11

Total Euros in: 11 M

Balance -63,5 M

Barcelona 2011:
Buy:
Cesc 40 M
Sanchez 37,5

Total Euros out: 77,5 M

Sell:
Ibrahimovic 24
Romeu 5
Cáceres 4,5
Krkic 12
Jeffren 3,95

Total Euros in: 49,45

Balance -28,05 M

Real Madrid 2011:
Buy:
Sahin 10
Callejon 5
Varane 10
Coentrao 30

Total Euros out: 55 M

Sell:
Canales 1
Garay ~10

Total Euros in: 1 M

Balance -44 M

Total Balance 2008-11, Barcelona: -195,8 M
Total Balance 2008-11, Real Madrid: -274 M

So Real Madrid have still spent significantly more. With the reservation that Lass and Gago might still be sold this window.
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by che Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:29 am

at least barcelona actually win shit :coffee:

anyway this summer explains exactly what is wrong with spanish tv revenue distribution... if the 35 mil barcelona and madrid dropped on players they absolutely don't need (fabregas and coentrao) was instead distributed between the bottom half of the table the league would be much better off... it's disgusting
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggslegend Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:48 am

che wrote:at least barcelona actually win shit :coffee:

anyway this summer explains exactly what is wrong with spanish tv revenue distribution... if the 35 mil barcelona and madrid dropped on players they absolutely don't need (fabregas and coentrao) was instead distributed between the bottom half of the table the league would be much better off... it's disgusting

I agree 110%
Giggslegend
Giggslegend
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:33 am

JuvenelCuore wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:Barca make the stupidest transfers known to man. Having 8-9 homegrown worldclass players in their XI and still feel the need to buy Sanchez on top of their others buys throughout the years. Oh well.
Does the reason for Sanchez's purchase really have to be explained again?

Yes, and Afellay's. And Fabregas'. None of them make sense.
Okay without Sanchez, we would have 4 forwards, Pedro Villa Messi and Afellay for 3 positions, doesn't take much intelligence to realize that players were needed there. In January, the forwards we had before we bought Afellay were MVP + Bojan and Jeffren, those two which were underperforming and Pep found Afellay and grabbed him for 3m which is a steal.
As for Fabregas, I suppose he is Xavi's replacement since Thiago is still young and needs a bit more time to ease into the first team.

Sanchez as a 30M substitute ? Yeah, just like Mascherano.

Fabregas is Xavi's replacement ? Yeah, a 31 year old only has about five-six years left. Wait. That would make Fabregas the SAME age as Xavi when Xavi retires. That would also give more than enough time for Thiago to develop.

Honestly, you cannot defend the transfers. I am not even harping on Barca for their spending out of hate, just out of frustration. They have so much homegrown talent that no other team can equate, yet they still make ridiculous moves.

Mascherano as substitute? he played nearly 50 games last year ffs.....

What do you expect Barca to do go into a new season with 4 forwards for 3 positions?.... Juventus have more depth than that that ffs Laughing

Sanchez will play 40+ games this season, as will Mascherano, as will Fabregas.....

There's a thing called rotation to keep all the players fresh.... Dont Man Utd have 5 wingers? every single one of them good enough to start prettymuch anywhere else?

Did'nt Man Utd sign Smalling and Jones with Vidic and Ferdinand there but that's ok?

Team's need depth and that includes Barcelona and all thier main subs will play alot of games....

Mascherano 48 appearences but a bench warmer? Affelay 29 appearences when signs in January but a bench warmer?

Robinho 37 appearences for Milan but he's part of the rotation?

I am i the only one that does'nt see the bias behind all of this?

I do agree Cesc was a waste though, but Mascherano, Affelay and Sanchez were all much needed signings and they will all play lots of games.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by che Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:32 am

...a juventus fan bitching about depth signings, really?

10 defenders for 4 slots

5 central midfielders

squad of 27 for a team that plays two competitions

Real Madrid Spendings vs Barcelona Spendings since 2008 - Page 2 Facepalm
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:28 am

che wrote:...a juventus fan bitching about depth signings, really?

10 defenders for 4 slots

5 central midfielders

squad of 27 for a team that plays two competitions

Real Madrid Spendings vs Barcelona Spendings since 2008 - Page 2 Facepalm

its different why you're buying starting players in the hope to improve quality than to buy WC bench players just for depth :coffee:

but why am i defending Juvi scratch
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2