Abramovich
che
paperbackwriter
dostoevsky
REWB
26 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

spanish goal keepers are overrated - Page 3 Empty Re: spanish goal keepers are overrated

Post by Arquitecto Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:04 pm

Spanish GKs are the best in the world by a mile.

Casillas
Reina
Valdes
Guita
De Gea

Just a few names.

And lev yashin the best? I guess by this logic, Meazza is the best of all time.

Yashin spent his time playing in a soviet russian league with players of skill and tactics which were prehistoric and not to count that the ball of today is 5 times harder then to save back then.

Buffon, Kahn, Meir, Schmiecel and Casillas are all far more proven then Yashin.

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

spanish goal keepers are overrated - Page 3 Empty Re: spanish goal keepers are overrated

Post by The Madrid One Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:08 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Spanish GKs are the best in the world by a mile.

Casillas
Reina
Valdes
Guita
De Gea

Just a few names.

And lev yashin the best? I guess by this logic, Meazza is the best of all time.

Yashin spent his time playing in a soviet russian league with players of skill and tactics which were prehistoric and not to count that the ball of today is 5 times harder then to save back then.

Buffon, Kahn, Meir, Schmiecel and Casillas are all far more proven then Yashin.
+1 i agree with the post.

The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:11 pm

Wow, first the nobody comment and now Arquitecto's wonderful version. Sigh, really head scratching stuff I'm reading here...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:15 pm

I'm not sure if best in the world, but they are up there.

Italy:
Buffon
Storari
Abiatti
Sirigu
De Sanctis
Viviano

Germany:
Neuer
Wiese
Adler
Rensing
Kraft
Weidenfeller
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:17 pm

try not to compare them just because they are a certain country and then give them attributes that put them above the rest just because they are from somewhere.

rate all of them individually instead of creating a nationalist complex around it.

having said that i'd say that germany has the second best crop of goalkeepers out there imo. talented each and every one of them.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:21 pm

Italia has the best goalkeepers, Spanish ones are not that great.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:50 pm

Doc wrote:Wow, first the nobody comment and now Arquitecto's wonderful version. Sigh, really head scratching stuff I'm reading here...

With all due respect, I'd like to hear what you have to say.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:52 pm

btw was he referring to my comment or the op's? Razz
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:54 pm

The Madrid One wrote:btw was he referring to my comment or the op's? Razz

I wouldn't know TMO.

Depends who called someone a nobody.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:59 am

De Gea is 19. He'll come good eventually.

Two games with in a new defence (Where he wasn't even THAT bad) isn't such a big deal.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by drakefyre Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:51 am

scirea6 wrote:
drakefyre wrote:I dont really like comparing players , but let me know when Zoff wins a Ballon D'or.

Did Maldini win Ballon D'or ?? , did Del Piero win , did raul win ?? . Ballon d'or is not how you tell the quality of a champion.

I never meant Zoff wasnt a quality player . He's legend .

But the original comment , Yashin is a nobody when compared to Zoff was just plain ignorant .

And coming from a guy who was born 20 years after Zoff finished his career , 35 years after Yashin finished his , it was priceless .
drakefyre
drakefyre
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:53 am

drakefyre wrote:
scirea6 wrote:
drakefyre wrote:I dont really like comparing players , but let me know when Zoff wins a Ballon D'or.

Did Maldini win Ballon D'or ?? , did Del Piero win , did raul win ?? . Ballon d'or is not how you tell the quality of a champion.

But the original comment , Yashin is a nobody when compared to Zoff was just plain ignorant .

And coming from a guy who was born 20 years after Zoff finished his career , 35 years after Yashin finished his , it was priceless .

Yeah, it sucks that the video camera and the documentation of statistics and information were invented last night.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by drakefyre Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:01 am

JuvenelCuore wrote:
drakefyre wrote:
scirea6 wrote:

Yeah, it sucks that the video camera and the documentation of statistics and information were invented last night.

Do post the statistics to back your claim that Yashin was a nobody . I will be waiting.

And no , you cant post the points below Smile

Yashin wasn't Italian
Yashin didnt win the WC
drakefyre
drakefyre
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:15 am

drakefyre wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:
drakefyre wrote:
scirea6 wrote:

Do post the statistics to back your claim that Yashin was a nobody . I will be waiting.

And no , you cant post the points below Smile

Yashin wasn't Italian
Yashin didnt win the WC

Dino Zoff won six league titles while Yashin won five. Difference ? Zoff played in the best league in the world at that time, and Yashin played in Russia. Zoff also won more trophies domestically which did not include league titles, so Zoff won more playing in a more difficult league.

Internationally, let us not even delve into it. A World Champion at the age of 40, the oldest player to ever win a World Cup led his team to glory while proving he had a consistency which no other player could match, or very few.

Yashin individually won only few individual awards which were noteworthy, that being the Ballon d'Or. However, as someone else pointed out, that does not make him a better player. Not at all. Many legends have not won the Ballon d'Or. The fact of the matter is that Dino Zoff is more of a legend plain and simple. He played for a bigger team, won more, was better, and will be remembered.

Twelve years after winning the UEFA European Championship on home soil, Zoff was still in goal for the hosts in 1980. Although Italy failed to reach the final this time, Zoff did not concede a goal until a long-range missile from Czechoslovakia's Ladislav Jurkemík in the third-place play-off. Two years later, aged 40, he would make history by captaining the Azzurri to FIFA World Cup victory in Spain, becoming the oldest winner in the process.

Why is he better ?

--> Only the second goalkeeper to captain his team to a World Cup. (The first was another Italian, Giampiero Combi, in 1934).

--> Record holder for the most minutes in international play without conceding a goal: 1142 minutes.

--> Led Juventus to their first European trophy in 1977.

--> Until Maldini surpassed him, Dino Zoff had the most Serie A caps.

--> Named Italy’s Golden Player of the last 50 years in 2003 by the FIGC (The Italian FA).

Dino Zoff was an amazing goalkeeper because many wrote him off as being too short to play the game, yet he was able to cement himself as the best of all time.

Thank you for your time. :coffee:

JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:48 am

lol judging from 19 year old de gea,s perfomance.

What about reina then ? i heard he won best GK in EPL 3 times in a row.

If this " spanish gks dont have to deal with high ball" as bull as "EPL gks dont need good reflexes" .
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:39 am

All times?
Germany says hello.
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:52 am

^ Yes.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by drakefyre Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:05 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:</snip>

You misunderstand . You are telling me why Zoff's great . Thanks , but yea , kinda , i know .

You telling me why you think Zoff>Yashin , hmm , I dont care . I could go arguing , but I see no point .I mean , of course , people have a right to opinion , and , contrary to what some people say , there's no 'the best' .

I do see how you say Italy are a bigger team , completely disregarding the erstwhile USSR who were indeed a force to be reckoned with in the 60's . But I'm not gonna argue that , a completely irrelevant point considering the original point I was making .

The only statement in this thread I had a problem with was you calling Yashin a nobody , and I was kinda half expecting you to post a video compilation of Yashin bloopers to back that up .

Since it seems that ain't forthcoming , let me offer my reasons on why I dont consider Lev Yashin to be a nobody .

• The only goal-keeper ever to win a Ballon-D'or .
  • The first recipient of the FIFA Order of Merit .
  • Was voted the goal-keeper of the century , receiving more than twice the votes as his nearest contender , Gordon Banks.
  • The highest ranked goal-keeper in World soccer players of the century , with a ranking of 11 .
  • Voted as the goal-keeper in the team of the century .

When i first saw your original statement , it looked , at best , ignorant . But the continuing of the argument has revealed that your side of argument has an arrogant,hollow,stubbornness to it , something I do not usually associate with people in general .

So , this will be my last post on the subject , I believe there's nothing more I can say . Grazie .

drakefyre
drakefyre
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by anirudhkitt Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:59 am

drakefyre wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:</snip>

You misunderstand . You are telling me why Zoff's great . Thanks , but yea , kinda , i know .

You telling me why you think Zoff>Yashin , hmm , I dont care . I could go arguing , but I see no point .I mean , of course , people have a right to opinion , and , contrary to what some people say , there's no 'the best' .

I do see how you say Italy are a bigger team , completely disregarding the erstwhile USSR who were indeed a force to be reckoned with in the 60's . But I'm not gonna argue that , a completely irrelevant point considering the original point I was making .

The only statement in this thread I had a problem with was you calling Yashin a nobody , and I was kinda half expecting you to post a video compilation of Yashin bloopers to back that up .

Since it seems that ain't forthcoming , let me offer my reasons on why I dont consider Lev Yashin to be a nobody .

• The only goal-keeper ever to win a Ballon-D'or .
  • The first recipient of the FIFA Order of Merit .
  • Was voted the goal-keeper of the century , receiving more than twice the votes as his nearest contender , Gordon Banks.
  • The highest ranked goal-keeper in World soccer players of the century , with a ranking of 11 .
  • Voted as the goal-keeper in the team of the century .

When i first saw your original statement , it looked , at best , ignorant . But the continuing of the argument has revealed that your side of argument has an arrogant,hollow,stubbornness to it , something I do not usually associate with people in general .

So , this will be my last post on the subject , I believe there's nothing more I can say . Grazie .

+100 . Cant add more.

As someone said before no one can argue against such bias.
basically italy > (insert)
anirudhkitt
anirudhkitt
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:58 am

Not to mention Lev Yashin's 270 career clean sheets and 150 penalty stops.

270 out of 812 == 33% of all games played he kept a clean sheet ffs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:04 am

lol Lev Yashin is the greatest Goal keeper of all time this is proven and well known.No argument.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:39 am

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:its just my opinion, they dont have to deal with those high ball, all they have to do is be a shot stopper. almunia would be a world class goalkeeper in spain ffs. you see how much de gea is struggling with those high balls is because he is too small and not physical enough, he needs to add that to his game. if casillas and alves played in England they would suck too.

thats why pepe reina has been the best goalie in the epl for some time now? Rolling Eyes
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3