Raptorgunner
SamuelJayC
24 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Arsenal v Udinese Preview Empty Arsenal v Udinese Preview

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:52 pm

Arsenal v Udinese

Tuesday 16th August 7.45pm, Champions League play-off First Leg, Emirates Stadium, Sky Sports 2

Arsenal v Udinese Preview Arsene-Wenger-Arsenal-Premier-League_2635683
Arsene Wenger and Arsenal go into this game under intense pressure from the supporters and the media

Must win game for Arsenal

Arsenal have qualified for the Champions League for the last 12 seasons and are looking to make it 13 in a row by overcoming Serie A outfit Udinese. Arsene Wenger knows that only a win will do in this first leg at home, as the gunners certainly don't want to be travelling to Udine needing a result to get through. The two clubs have more than one thing in common with each other; both have lost their best player to Barcelona this summer, whilst other members of the team, Nasri, Clichy, Inler and Zapata have all moved on (or in the process of doing so), both sides play quick flowing football and and both have experienced managers.

Match Facts:

*Arsenal and Udinese are meeting for the first time in UEFA competition.

*Arsenal have played 25 games against Italian clubs with the record W11 D8 L6.

*Udinese's only previous game against English opponents was a 2-0 home victory against Arsenal's north London rivals Tottenham Hotspur FC in the 2008/09 UEFA Cup group stage.

*Arsenal are unbeaten in ten European home games (nine wins, one draw) since a 3-1 loss to Manchester United.

*Udinese have gone four away games without a win in Europe.

*The Gunners have won only one of their last eight European away games – 3-1 at FK Partizan in last season's group stage.

*Guidolin's record in seven games against English sides reads W3 D1 L3

Pre-Match quotes

Arsene Wenger

"I just expect my team to have a good game and that will encourage their belief and strengthen their belief. At the moment that is the most important thing. I understand everybody's worry, but I believe as well a club is a united front. Our players need the support from our fans. It is an important period for this club, but I am confident we will get over it in a very successful way. We need to remain united and not let the media manipulate our fans in a way they should not."

Francesco Guidolin

"We are used to playing in important stadiums such as San Siro, the Olimpico and San Paolo. We have offered extraordinary performances in crowded stadiums before and hope to do so again there. I think you can be one and the other at the same time, both teaching and winning together, even if the Arsenal model seems to me to be the right one for Udinese. Here, like with them, there is tranquility, you have time so can have a project."

Team News

Arsenal

Arsene Wenger will be watching the game from the stands as he is suspended for this 1st leg, as are Robin Van Persie and Samir Nasri. Jack Wilshere and Abou Diaby are injured. Tomas Rosicky will have a late fitness test on his groin but should be fit. Wenger has confirmed Nicklas Bendtner could be involved even though he could still leave.Manuel Almunia, Carlos Vela and Emmanuel Eboue are negotiating transfers or loans with other clubs so will not be included.

Possible Starting xi:

Szczesny

Sagna Koscielny Vermaelen Gibbs

Song Ramsey

Gervinho Rosicky Arshavin

Chamakh

subs: Fabianski Djourou Jenkinson Frimpong Chamberlain Walcott Bendtner

Udinese

Defender Maurizio Domizzi and striker Antonio Floro Flores are both out with thigh injuries, whilst Udinese lost Cristian Zapata, Alexis Sanchez and Gokhan Inler this summer.

Handanovic

Basta Benatia Danilo Neuton

Isla Pinzi Doubai Asamoah Armero

Di Natale

Prediction

This was a tough tie even if Nasri, Van Persie and Wilshere had been available but their absences only make this game more difficult. The players coming in, the likes of Chamakh, Ramsey and Rosicky must step up to the plate, as must Arshavin. Udinese have lost key players this summer too in addition to the fact they are 2 weeks behind as Serie A doesn't start until next weekend. Di Natale is getting on a bit but he is still a top quality striker and must be watched closely. But despite everything Arsenal still have enough quality to get by at home before a tough 2nd leg in Italy. I'm going for a slight home win.

Arsenal 1-0 Udinese

Last edited by Samuelj29060 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:31 pm; edited 6 times in total
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v Udinese Preview Empty Re: Arsenal v Udinese Preview

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:54 pm

OMG, the line up, we are in trouble.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:01 pm

Well done Sam, I hope we can win this game, looks like going to be a tough one.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:12 pm

If Rosicky doesn't make it, I'd put Lansbury with Song and play Ramsey upfield.

If Rosicky does make it, I'd still put him on bench and play Lansbury, because Rosicky needs to save his old legs for the Liverpool match.

Might also be tempted to have Walcott or Chamberlain have a go in the second half, to save Arshavin's tired legs for Liverpool.

Needless to say, MUST WIN GAME.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:25 pm

srigooner wrote:If Rosicky doesn't make it, I'd put Lansbury with Song and play Ramsey upfield.

If Rosicky does make it, I'd still put him on bench and play Lansbury, because Rosicky needs to save his old legs for the Liverpool match.

Might also be tempted to have Walcott or Chamberlain have a go in the second half, to save Arshavin's tired legs for Liverpool.

When I heard that we are facing Udinese at first, I was like will crush them, but thanks to Wenger we are lucky if we win and looking at the line up lol.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:27 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
srigooner wrote:If Rosicky doesn't make it, I'd put Lansbury with Song and play Ramsey upfield.

When I heard that we are facing Udinese at first, I was like will crush them, but thanks to Wenger we are lucky if we win and looking at the line up lol.

Lol... Tbh, I was expecting a more youthful line up and saving the guys who played at the weekend for the Liverpool match.. Razz Razz Then again, this ain't FIFA11 to pull off a win with that kind of a line up Razz

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:31 pm

The thing is we have to win big at home, or next week we have to go all out and that wont end well. Only bright side is Gervinho might put a performance of his life, after what happen in the weekend Very Happy.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:34 pm

Gervinho will play 90 minutes of both games, since he has the weekend to rest..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:37 pm

srigooner wrote:Gervinho will play 90 minutes of both games, since he has the weekend to rest..

So Gervinho will miss 2 full matches? Liverpool and Man u game?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:41 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
srigooner wrote:Gervinho will play 90 minutes of both games, since he has the weekend to rest..

So Gervinho will miss 2 full matches? Liverpool and Man u game?

We'll know by in a couple of days I guess, depending on how our appeal goes down with FA. As things stand now, he misses both as well as Swansea.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:55 pm

Chamack is starting 2mz ?? Depressing
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:57 pm

gunnerlistick wrote:Chamack is starting 2mz ?? Depressing

I know, I see that and I was like this is going to be a tie. Very Happy
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:05 pm

Oh noes not another draw please Sad i hope wenger give Vela a chance or use walcott as a striker. Chamack up front is really depressing Sad
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:12 pm

djoe26 wrote:Oh noes not another draw please Sad i hope wenger give Vela a chance or use walcott as a striker. Chamack up front is really depressing Sad

I forget about Vela, this is his year to shine, pls Wenger give Vela a chance.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:17 pm

Vela is going on loan again.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:48 pm

srigooner wrote:Vela is going on loan again.
Thats a sahme because he is a great talent and does great when he is in his postion. But in arsene we trust so there must be reason behind that.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:50 pm

As much as I would love to see Vela shine, (he has been one of my favourite youngsters for a while now), I think a good loan spell to a mid table team would do him a world of good. He needs one season of regular football. That is all that is holding him back right now.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:50 pm

djoe26 wrote:
srigooner wrote:Vela is going on loan again.
Thats a sahme because he is a great talent and does great when he is in his postion. But in arsene we trust so there must be reason behind that.

The word Arsene we trust? not sure if I can use it anymore, if we dont get 2 or 3 quality players by the end of the transfer window, I will not trust Wenger again.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:51 pm

srigooner wrote:As much as I would love to see Vela shine, (he has been one of my favourite youngsters for a while now), I think a good loan spell to a mid table team would do him a world of good. He needs one season of regular football. That is all that is holding him back right now.

Vela should be the last person to on a loan from the youngster we have.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:02 pm

WTF WENGER PLAYY VELA FFS!!!!!! god dammit what does this guy have to frakking do? WHAT vela>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>chamakh. at least we know we have a chance of scoring when vela is playing ffs
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:05 pm

If Vela starts I have a feeling hew will score few goals, Wenger has lost it if he lets Vela go on a loan.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:37 pm

I remember Wenger saying that Vela is in his plans for next season and now i dont know what happend all of sudden. I hope we get to see him tommorrow.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:41 pm

Wenger has not lost it if he sends Vela on loan.

Vela is a good poacher but lacks the other attributes required to play as a lone striker; strength, balance, hold-up play, work rate... he doesn't have those things.

The only time he thrived at Arsenal was when he played alongside another striker; namely the pacey and hard working Jay Simpson or a big strong guy like Bendtner. Every other time he's only shown flashes of his ability.

Vela's future with us is bleak unless he improves his work ethic and end product.

Anyway, this game is very important and we shouldn't be relying on unproven youngsters. Chamakh up front isn't ideal but he's been in this situation before and if he plays well then you know the likes of Gervinho and Arshavin are going to thrive.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:44 pm

Chamakh will start and score a hatrick tomorrow
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:50 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Wenger has not lost it if he sends Vela on loan.

Vela is a good poacher but lacks the other attributes required to play as a lone striker; strength, balance, hold-up play, work rate... he doesn't have those things.

The only time he thrived at Arsenal was when he played alongside another striker; namely the pacey and hard working Jay Simpson or a big strong guy like Bendtner. Every other time he's only shown flashes of his ability.

Vela's future with us is bleak unless he improves his work ethic and end product.

Anyway, this game is very important and we shouldn't be relying on unproven youngsters. Chamakh up front isn't ideal but he's been in this situation before and if he plays well then you know the likes of Gervinho and Arshavin are going to thrive.

What I mean is that there are others should go before he goes on a loan, I know we should send him on a loan but not now, while we are short on the players.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: