Wilson37
jayp
TalkingReckless
RealGunner
Jay29
27 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Arsenal 1 - 0 Udinese: Early goals sees Arsenal through awkward encounter - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal 1 - 0 Udinese: Early goals sees Arsenal through awkward encounter

Post by Wilson37 Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:11 pm

Friends are u happy with Gervinho ?
I have only seen him play for this 2 matches..
I am not at all impressed by him..
I read that he shoots, dribbles and crosses..
I expected a lot.. And from what i see.. He has some pace.. But his last touch or pass is poor.. Cross is too weak.. Never saw 1 coming good.. And i didnt see him shooting yet...

Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Arsenal 1 - 0 Udinese: Early goals sees Arsenal through awkward encounter - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal 1 - 0 Udinese: Early goals sees Arsenal through awkward encounter

Post by bloodless Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:12 pm

The Verminator wrote:Ok Blood. What are the strengths of our squad and how would you line them up? (btw not tryin to sound rude. Being serious)
a

Personall would say it might be time to stick two strikers up front which one droppin deep(RVP/arshavin)

or a real 4-3-3 system because the 4-2-3-1 we play now was tailor made for fabregas imho

y wud u sound rude, didnt fink u did till u wrote tht ur not trying to sound rude....which makes me wonder if u were, but w/e

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by 23arshavin23 Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:12 pm

tsgooner1 wrote:We are overratting our problems, defence is good, forward line is good, its just we lack in the middle. We need to replace cesc. Thats all Im asking for!
chmakh was not good at all
23arshavin23
23arshavin23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:13 pm

Wilson37 wrote:Friends are u happy with Gervinho ?
I have only seen him play for this 2 matches..
I am not at all impressed by him..
I read that he shoots, dribbles and crosses..
I expected a lot.. And from what i see.. He has some pace.. But his last touch or pass is poor.. Cross is too weak.. Never saw 1 coming good.. And i didnt see him shooting yet...

fink u summed it up well, he looked good coming from deep, good pace and dribbling but end product is terribale....like even when he tried to shoot was epic fail written all over ita

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:23 pm

23arshavin23 wrote:
tsgooner1 wrote:We are overratting our problems, defence is good, forward line is good, its just we lack in the middle. We need to replace cesc. Thats all Im asking for!
chmakh was not good at all

LOL i meant as in RVP.

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:37 pm

We got frakking outplayed tonight but we will take the 3 points, we look so average Sad
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:41 pm

Post updated. A bit crappy tonight, I'm afraid.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:42 pm

gunnerlistick wrote:We got frakking outplayed tonight but we will take the 3 points, we look so average Sad

thats what im saying, it was embarrassing.....
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:46 pm

We will go through. Im sure of that but it wont be easy
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:47 pm

Great work jay

agree with the ratings but i would give Szczesny an 8
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:49 pm

We'll definitely need to score in the next leg. Can't see us not conceding a goal.

Did anyone esle think Gervinho's passing was very poor tonight? He seems to misplace the simplest of passes. It's quite irritating.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:56 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:

Did anyone esle think Gervinho's passing was very poor tonight? He seems to misplace the simplest of passes. It's quite irritating.

you could say the same about chamakh, even rosicky at times as well
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:02 pm

Not having a go at Gervinho or anything like that, but his passing has been pretty average in every game he's played in so far, including friendlies. Not sure if it's because he's still settling in or if his passing is just, in general, that bad.

Anyway, it's worth pointing out that if not for that excellent save from Handanovic late on, we'd be in an excellent position for the second leg despite not playing that well.

Also, we were forced into two defensive subsitutions. We might have been better as an attacking force if we were able to bring on Arshavin and Bendtner.

So while our two performances so far this season have been pretty average, I think not everything is quite going our way with injury and suspension. Still too soon to judge this squad.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:18 pm

remember that i told ya that walcott will be our key Wink

that match should point out to wenger how much we need cescs replacement
Jamin
Jamin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

http://twitter.com/#!/J_Amin94

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:24 pm

lenear1030 wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:

you could say the same about chamakh, even rosicky at times as well

Chamakh stats from UEFA.com: Distance covered - 11,050 metres (2nd highest for Arsenal); Passes - 28/39 (72%); Attempts - 1 (blocked)

Wanna reconsider?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:26 pm

Dissapointed. its as if some of our players are playing for the sake of it.

How on earth is Chamakh playing when Bendtner is still here? and we just loaned Vela today? as for our Midfield, the sooner Jack returns the better. as for Ramsey, he just doesnt enforce himself on the game as much as he should.. the less said about Rosicky, the better. as for our attack, Chamack aside, all we need is for Theo and Gervinho to jel, and pass the ball more to each other, and we will have a more goals
mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:26 pm

bloodless wrote:
The Verminator wrote:Ok Blood. What are the strengths of our squad and how would you line them up? (btw not tryin to sound rude. Being serious)
a

Personall would say it might be time to stick two strikers up front which one droppin deep(RVP/arshavin)

or a real 4-3-3 system because the 4-2-3-1 we play now was tailor made for fabregas imho

y wud u sound rude, didnt fink u did till u wrote tht ur not trying to sound rude....which makes me wonder if u were, but w/e

Because over the internet you can't tell what tone a person is using so i was afraid my post could come across like "Well, seeing as you know all the strengths of this squad, how should we line up then?"

So gettin back on topic, it could work what you're suggesting. I myself dunno what formation Arsenal should play anymore. Crying or Very sad
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:28 pm

[quote="srigooner"][quote="lenear1030"][quote="GoonerJay29"]

Did anyone esle think Gervinho's passing was very poor tonight? He seems to misplace the simplest of passes. It's quite irritating. [/quote]

you could say the same about chamakh, even rosicky at times as well[/quote]

Chamakh stats from UEFA.com: Distance covered - 11,050 metres (2nd highest for Arsenal); Passes - 28/39 (72%); Attempts - 1 (blocked)

Wanna reconsider?[/quote]

forget the stats. Chamakh is a striker version of Denilson.
mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:31 pm

Here's my take on it:

While some of you take the last ditch defending as a bad sign, I think that, given the circumstances, it was great. We were playing with a make-shift defense in the second half. We had almost no trouble from any of the high balls that came into the box. The defenders were always on their toes, and limited the opponents to only two chances which were also dealt with. The thing is that we only notice this today because the midfield was just so bad. There was a big lack of cohesion in midfield and you rarely ever saw Ramsey and Rosicky link up together, for example.
How many times did you see a midfielder play a through-ball for one of the wingers to run onto it? Almost never if not actually never.

This was the big fall-out today. We need to get the Nasri and Cesc replacements asap. Marvin Martin would be a great acquisition.

As for Gervinho, he did create that last chance to be fair to him. His passing is below par and his crossing is atrocious, but he is also being forced into playing the way he is now. There is nobody that is picking out his runs behind the defense, and his link-up play is at a very basic level at this point. He can be great for us, but only if we use him properly.

Rosicky and Ramsey each have individual quality, but they don't work well together. Put Wilshere in for either of them, and you'll see a big difference because he plays well with both of them.
Wilshere-Ramsey played extremely well against United and showed a good combination of everything we need.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:51 pm

not a great performance but got the win. We'll need to be more tight in the 2nd leg. Would like to see a new replacement or two, as well
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:52 pm

can someone refresh my memory, but why was Wenger in the stands?
mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:02 am

suspended after the barcelona match

Arsenal passing success: Ramsey 80% Chamakh 72% Rosicky 69% Song 63% Gervinho 54% Walcott 52%

Distance covered: Ramsey 12.1 KM Chamakh 11 Gervinho 11 Walcott 10 Song 9.98 TV5, Kos,Bac 9.7 TR7 8.8
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:04 am

mzamani wrote:can someone refresh my memory, but why was Wenger in the stands?
Remember that 2nd leg at Camp Nou where RVP got sent off? Comments on that.

On the performance.
Chamakh was poor he can't create anything for himself.
Gervinho and Walcott did well throughout the match.
Rosicky was poor again lacked a final pass, turned off too easily and put pressure on defence, he did make some good intercepts though.
Ramsey was only spark in the midfield made smart passes all night but was let down by Song+Rosicky turning it over.
Defence did well considering pressure although Armero(sp?) ran through the middle which was disgraceful.

We need a midfielder in the next few days or we give Nasri his money to resign.
We need a back up striker and LB by end of the window.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:13 am

Chamakh IMO would make an awesome support striker. Big, runs a lot, passes decently, foul magnet, decent header... but the key qualities for a goalscorer, shooting, dribbling or huge speed aren't seen in him. Hell, if we look at his past record, his goalscoring is pretty meh. 0.23 goal scoring average... not exactly impressive.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:21 am

One reason to be encouraged for the second leg:

Udinese were actually less threatening in the second half, when we played deeper and a less fluid formation. They have pace and power on the counter, but aren't the greatest at breaking teams down.

Our back line is always deeper when we play away from home. If we go to Udine with a deep back line and a hard working midfield, I think we'll go through.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:49 am

Emaharg wrote:
mzamani wrote:can someone refresh my memory, but why was Wenger in the stands?
Remember that 2nd leg at Camp Nou where RVP got sent off? Comments on that.

On the performance.
Chamakh was poor he can't create anything for himself.
Gervinho and Walcott did well throughout the match.
Rosicky was poor again lacked a final pass, turned off too easily and put pressure on defence, he did make some good intercepts though.
Ramsey was only spark in the midfield made smart passes all night but was let down by Song+Rosicky turning it over.
Defence did well considering pressure although Armero(sp?) ran through the middle which was disgraceful.

We need a midfielder in the next few days or we give Nasri his money to resign.
We need a back up striker and LB by end of the window.
Tbh i can't understand why some people want Nasri to stay now that our mid isn't very good. Do you think he will make it better? We've seen him play in Cesc's position and nothing good has come out of it...
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next