Arsenalfaithfull
The Verminator
Jay29
Art Morte
tsgooner1
REWB
11 posters

Go down

our passing is not good anymore...... Empty our passing is not good anymore......

Post by REWB Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:24 pm

just saying, since season 07/08 our passing has been on a decline, and frankly we dont play good football anymore.... what do you guys think? well we play good football but not special like it used to be
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

our passing is not good anymore...... Empty Re: our passing is not good anymore......

Post by tsgooner1 Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:26 pm

Ive started to notice that from last year too. But when we had everyone healthy during mideason last year, we played some exceptional stuff.

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

our passing is not good anymore...... Empty Re: our passing is not good anymore......

Post by REWB Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:38 pm

tsgooner1 wrote:Ive started to notice that from last year too. But when we had everyone healthy during mideason last year, we played some exceptional stuff.

when cecs is playing yes, but when he isnt........we dont play good football. and now he is gone...so now what?
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:01 pm

Going a bit too far with the gloom and doom?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:06 pm

He is right, to an extent. There've been so many games where our passing has been slow and without purpose.

At the moment, the team is lacking that little bit of quality and creativity in midfield. I still believe that we're still a very good passing side, but we just need to add a player that can produce that little extra to take us back up to our usual levels.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:29 pm

Back in 07/08 we played 4-4-2. Could that have anything to do with it?
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:33 pm

Its all about finding the rhythm really. Its hard to play beautiful footy when you have clumsey players like Chamakh, and (sad to say) ball watchers like Rosicky.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:34 pm

^^, na. before our usual blip in 09\10 we actually played better football than 07\08. after that i dont know what happened. last year we were actually really bad. and know, it has nothing to do with Cesc. most Arsenal players are good passers of the ball. blame it on the total football lesson we got from Barca in 2010. we have yet to recover. anyway, i cannot see that improving with our front 3. Gervinho and Walcott wants to run at players before considering passing. the former is worse cos he doesnt know how to pass [b]yet[/b] lol. but he will learn. anyway with Cesc gone, its high time we become direct, especially when jack returns.
mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:48 pm

knee-jerk
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:52 pm

ali8775 wrote:knee-jerk

lol knee jerk, if you have read my posts i have been saying this since the old forums. infact i have been saying this since the old old red and blue forums. ever since 08/09 i have been saying this. but oh well if you are happy with the footy then fine.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:09 am

I think we're finding the balance between pretty football and grinding, direct football. Our defense looks better and better by the years, and the goals still keep on flowing so there's not problem.

Might just be an "evolution" to the original philosophy, and I'm glad because it's a more balanced one which should lead to titles.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:13 am

What exacty has the passing game got us? Put Vela and arshavin in , instead of Gervinho and Walcott, you will have the old Arsenal back ... Il'd rather we play more direct and fast paced like back in the early 2000s. Ofcourse for that you need solid defending, and going by todays game we are getting there. One solid CB is all that is needed, with Song playing as a proper DM
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:26 pm

Nah way back in 07/08 there was no team in the world that could pass the ball as quickly and as well as we could. basically our whole attacking side grew up together. They had this mental link, always knew where to be. It was honestly better then what barca does. Barca tries to control, we were all attack at all points and our passing was just unbelievable. it was special stuff. Man that was my first season as an arsenal fan, I look back and think we had the best team in europe and if that birmingham incident didnt happen, we would have won everything. We were unplayable and consistent for most of the season. It was special stuff really.

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:39 pm

Chamakhs problem is not passing lol
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:25 pm

[quote="Giggity5313"]Chamakhs problem is not passing lol[/quote]

more like Chamakh's problem is not only passing lol
mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:20 pm

mzamani wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:Chamakhs problem is not passing lol

more like Chamakh's problem is not only passing lol

go watch our goal at Udinese and tell me he can't pass
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiser Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:05 am

Our beautiful football is generally overrated anyway, we give far more drab performances than aesthetically good ones.

There was a patch last season when we had Cesc, Nasri, RVP, Jack together and we looked great. Season before was the same until Van Persie got crocked and Bendtner took over, 08/09 we were playing average football for the most part. And 07/08 we were excellent, the midfield was balanced perfectly with hard-working technical attacking mid's out wide, Cesc/Flamini central, and barndoor was having a fluke season in attack. We shifted to 4-5-1 that season with Hleb advanced as Van Persie got crocked again, and in the end we didnt have the depth to maintain the challenge.

This season will be hard, right now I dont think we are better than Liverpool or Spurs, maybe on a par with both at best.
Kaiser
Kaiser
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:58 pm

Kaiser wrote:Our beautiful football is generally overrated anyway, we give far more drab performances than aesthetically good ones.

There was a patch last season when we had Cesc, Nasri, RVP, Jack together and we looked great. Season before was the same until Van Persie got crocked and Bendtner took over, 08/09 we were playing average football for the most part. And 07/08 we were excellent, the midfield was balanced perfectly with hard-working technical attacking mid's out wide, Cesc/Flamini central, and barndoor was having a fluke season in attack. We shifted to 4-5-1 that season with Hleb advanced as Van Persie got crocked again, and in the end we didnt have the depth to maintain the challenge.

This season will be hard, right now I dont think we are better than Liverpool or Spurs, maybe on a par with both at best.

true words, true words, welcome to the forums btw mate
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:44 pm

marouane can't shoot for shit, but hell he can pass
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down