Passing.

3 posters

Go down

Passing. Empty Passing.

Post by lszanto Wed 7 Sep - 1:15:20

So I don't know if you guys read weaintgotnohistory but recently they've produced some radial graphs about passing which are quite an interesting read. See here and here.

Torres
An interesting point made is Torres. Torres looked amazing in the Stoke match, and as you can see from the graphs, he received 49 passes throughout the match and looked on top form. This is a stark contrast against his performances against West Bromwich where he only received 25 passes and against Norwich where he received 29, both around half of the service he was getting against Stoke. Now you could say this is a sheer coincidence but I think this directly relates to his performance, he needs supply and with Mata, hopefully he will be getting supply and some fuel for some goals Smile

Mata
This lad arrived and 3 days later was on the pitch against Norwich. He did an amazing job for the limited time he would have spent with teammates, misplacing just 3 passes, completing 27 passes and receiving 25 passes(only 4 less than Torres but in 30 minutes). The majority of his passing was to and from Ashley Cole which looks to be a promising partnership on the left hand side(although not only playing on the left, i'm sure you will remember his goal coming from him pouncing on a ball form a more central position). Do you remember his pass to Ramires in the 89th minute? It was on the counter and bar a poor touch form Ramires we would have had another goal, but that pass showed the vision and quality of this lad. I'm looking forward to seeing him play again, as am lots of others Smile

Any other information/things to take away from these graphs would be cool, discuss!
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Passing. Empty Re: Passing.

Post by lszanto Wed 7 Sep - 4:30:12

Bosingwa
Has come onto the scenes as a decent alternative to Ivanovic again and with injuries and issues with the backline he has started the first 4 games at RB. Aside from the Stoke game, he has been misplacing around 20% of his passes a game, completing 80 and 70 respectively in the other 2 matches. A large majority of his incomplete passes are long balls/passes(25+ yards), a high failure rate on crosses is fine, but he should refrain from hoofing the ball up the field as he does it without alot of success with ~2 of his long forward passes being completed in the past 2 matches. In terms of linking up he is forming a good relationship with Ramires, with the majority of his completed passes and receiving of the ball coming from him. As the blog says he was alot further back in the stoke game and received only half of the balls he's been getting in the past 2 matches, which he is thriving on. All in all he's providing a good attacking threat and partnership with Ramires and will be interesting to see if/how he links up with Sturridge in the coming match(assuming Sturridge starts).

I'll steadily get through players as the week goes on if/when I get the time, I could write so much based on this data it's awesome but will try and be as constructive as possible Smile
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed 7 Sep - 14:35:41

Hmm I like this thread, that Bosingwa bit is very interesting I wanna see this Bos/Ram/Dan on the right
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by RuthlesGangstaDef:villin Thu 8 Sep - 7:56:28

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rankings/4949054/Premier-League-Statistics.html

Essien had the 2nd most passes in the PL last year
Terry 5th
Mikel 11th

+ Essien the most successful passes 1980 in the PL

Last edited by RuthlesGangstaDef:villin on Thu 8 Sep - 7:59:07; edited 1 time in total
RuthlesGangstaDef:villin
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by RuthlesGangstaDef:villin Thu 8 Sep - 7:58:19

and

Malouda had the most key passes 113

Kevin Davies 2nd with 86

Jordan Henderson 3rd with 78