Eivindo
Lord Hades
wigglesworth
Zees
hottysnail2
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hello, Udinese proved somthing 2night - Page 2 Empty Re: Hello, Udinese proved somthing 2night

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:07 pm

spanky489 wrote:
OLpower wrote:It was the fourth of Premier league vs the fourth of Serie A and Arsenal won without playing their best.

they were at one time first and were looking to finish 2nd in the run in. also they smoked manchester united and co.

How does any of that change the fact that it was fourth best team in PL vs fourth best team in Seria A?

BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Hello, Udinese proved somthing 2night - Page 2 Empty Re: Hello, Udinese proved somthing 2night

Post by Lord Hades Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:46 pm

wigglesworth wrote:
diptiman wrote:didnt udinese uh lose?

You do understand how the CL works. 1-0 is a very dangerous result at home.

actually i believe 1-0 is the best result to get at home

reasons: arsenal are a great counter attacking side, udinese havent got the away goal..so arsenal have 90 mins and they just have to get one just one goal while in that case udi will have to get 3.. so i feel its the most damning result for udinese.. an away goal loss would be much better.. still i am a person whos hoping madrid to overturn a 2-2 deficit away from home..whom am i to speak Wink
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:48 pm

its all about money.. if teams are given more money for europa league there would be more incentive to focus on european football, but no its not enough so teams tend to focus on earning a cl spot next year over winning europa league in the current year.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:51 pm

It's amazing how much shtick you can get for winning a game.

I feel bad for Arsenal fans.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:59 pm

justdoit_ wrote:It's amazing how much shtick you can get for winning a game.

I feel bad for Arsenal fans.

thats what i don't get other teams do that like Man U, who tons of times over the last few years have gotten results when they have played poorly..... but they are applauded because Champions are supposed to win even when they play poor...

but when arsenal does it everyone starts calling arsenal crap
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:00 pm

hottysnail2 wrote:THAT Serie A midtable teams can easily dominate the Europa League, if it was prestigious enough as the Champs League is. We always see the italian clubs not even progress out of the groupstage of EL or even qualify for it like Palermo this year, but if it was actually worth something like the CL is no doubt the Serie A would have a team in the semifinals or finals every season

I am really proud of Udinese and what they did to Arsenal last night. Arsenal fans and EPL fans might argue that they didnt have Fabregas, Nasri etc, but Udinese sold their 3 best players, and comparing Arsenal and Udinese, Arsenal is an established top 4 team in England, even at times title contender, while Udinese had their one wonder season last season, normally Udinese belongs to the Europa League/midtable class of serie a, but tonight they showed that they easily could fight big teams in the Champions League, and even if they go out against Arsenal they COULD EASILY DOMINATE the EUROPA LEAGUE if they just WANT TO.

The thing Serie A fans are slow to understand is that Europa League IS "actually worth something". You just lost a Champions League spot because you keep thinking it's some one off tournament. Good luck getting it back from Germany.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:14 pm

Staying in Serie A is far more important to mid-table Italian teams than winning the Europa League. Italian teams will not risk their best players in Europa League games. Not a good situation, but that's that.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:48 pm

i think arsenal will win the return fixture
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:38 pm

uzonero wrote:i think arsenal will win the return fixture

They better win. They are playing against a mid-table (relegation threat the year before) Serie A team that had 4 super players by luck and managed to come in 4th place last year because they have an excellent manager. They sold 3 of them and are back to bottom half of the table this year in my opinion.

Udinese are a West Ham level team nomally.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:12 pm

Let me get this straight.

Arsenal won 1-0.
And that proves Serie A superiority?

ummm help me around that logic.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:00 am

Serie A fans never improved.

Still delusional.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:14 am

Yet again, judge an entire league based on a single game. Sigh.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2