pasquale22
C.Marchisio #8
jn2002dk
Juventude
9 posters

Go down

OT: Serie A Start Date Empty OT: Serie A Start Date

Post by Juventude Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:45 pm

Am I the only one on here who is annoyed that Serie A starts later than the EPL, La Liga, and Bundesliga? As we watched Serie A go from 4 to 3 UCL spots and see the decline in popularity of worldwide viewers of Italian league games compared to other European leagues, it just doesn't make sense to me why the Italian league starts its season so late. So many people tuned into the EPL's first round of games last weekend. All of the other major European leagues will, at least, be into their second week by the time Italy kicks off. Serie A needs to make a number of changes if it wants to gain back some of its popularity among international football fans and the easiest of those changes would be starting the season earlier.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

OT: Serie A Start Date Empty Re: OT: Serie A Start Date

Post by jn2002dk Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:48 pm

I agree completely
I have no idea why the late start date, you'd think if they can do it in the EPL they could do it in Serie A
jn2002dk
jn2002dk
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Marchisio #8 Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:54 pm

Another hater here Smile
C.Marchisio #8
C.Marchisio #8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by pasquale22 Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:04 pm

Serie a needs a revolution that's for sure. Luckily for us juve has somewhat started that with our new stadium, missing out on the euro 2012,16 really screwed us up
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:56 pm

You might get your wish. La Liga players may be going on strike for the first two weeks of the new season...
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:31 pm

well, so do we lol.. lets hope for Serie A football before Christmas.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:33 pm

We have longer preperations, so I don't see the problem here...

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:51 pm

sciacca wrote:We have longer preperations, so I don't see the problem here...

Lost viewership and revenue of international fans, that's the problem. Serie A has really slipped in terms of international support. Starting the season 2-3 weeks after the EPL does not help anything. I'm not saying it's the root cause, but it's the little things that start adding up and they will cause Serie A major trouble down the road if they do not restructure and consider some wholesale changes. The commercialization/marketing of football worldwide has greatly changed in the past 5-10 years and Serie A is operating like a dinosaur.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:01 pm

Juventude wrote:

Lost viewership and revenue of international fans, that's the problem. Serie A has really slipped in terms of international support. Starting the season 2-3 weeks after the EPL does not help anything. I'm not saying it's the root cause, but it's the little things that start adding up and they will cause Serie A major trouble down the road if they do not restructure and consider some wholesale changes. The commercialization/marketing of football worldwide has greatly changed in the past 5-10 years and Serie A is operating like a dinosaur.

But we end later, so wouldn't we just get that back? Especially since the last few weeks of Serie A are always amazing. Our clubs don't get hyped up as much as the others during the summer because we don't splash the cash left and right (like Barcelona, Man City, the list goes on). But we do have some of the most exciting title races, Champions League races, heck even our relegation battles are fun to watch. We are able ot hype that up much more than the two horse race in La Liga which happens every year.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:22 pm

ErPupone wrote:
Juventude wrote:

But we end later, so wouldn't we just get that back? Especially since the last few weeks of Serie A are always amazing. Our clubs don't get hyped up as much as the others during the summer because we don't splash the cash left and right (like Barcelona, Man City, the list goes on). But we do have some of the most exciting title races, Champions League races, heck even our relegation battles are fun to watch. We are able ot hype that up much more than the two horse race in La Liga which happens every year.

We could start a couple weeks earlier and still have the season go into late May. I'm not saying that this issue is the downfall of Serie A, but it's one of a number of things that the league should change if they want to regain a top spot in Europe and get back four champions league positions. As a fan in the US, I hate tuning in on Saturday and Sunday and seeing all of the EPL hype.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:37 pm

I'm sorry, but I don't see how lack of viewers get effected by this. If you're a Serie A fan, you would careless when the other leagues happen, I for one can careless about what on earth happens in the EPL or La Liga. I don't like those leagues and their boring.

I'd rather see our clubs go through longer preperations as it will be better for the upcoming seasons. You wonder why we have longer preperations, let's not forget Serie A is the most tatical league in the world, in which is why we depend on longer perperations to master our systems and tactics. We're not like the other leagues who lack this, we are masters at it.

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:14 pm

Juventude wrote:
ErPupone wrote:
Juventude wrote:

We could start a couple weeks earlier and still have the season go into late May. I'm not saying that this issue is the downfall of Serie A, but it's one of a number of things that the league should change if they want to regain a top spot in Europe and get back four champions league positions. As a fan in the US, I hate tuning in on Saturday and Sunday and seeing all of the EPL hype.

But that would stretch the season out too long. I mean, we already have a break during the holidays which the others don't have in order to stretch the season a bit.

My personal suggestion would be to scrap the noon fixture on Sundays, which for me in North America is on at 6 am. I get up anyways to watch it, but I think that it's a wasted time slot. Instead, I would push that match later, right after the 6 matches at 15:00 local time in Italy, so basically between 17:00 and 18:00, which in North America would be more or less 11 am. They would get a lot more viewers in North America, though I don't know what the effect would be for viewers in Asia and Australia.

sciacca wrote:I'm sorry, but I don't see how lack of viewers get effected by this. If you're a Serie A fan, you would careless when the other leagues happen, I for one can careless about what on earth happens in the EPL or La Liga. I don't like those leagues and their boring.

I'd rather see our clubs go through longer preperations as it will be better for the upcoming seasons. You wonder why we have longer preperations, let's not forget Serie A is the most tatical league in the world, in which is why we depend on longer perperations to master our systems and tactics. We're not like the other leagues who lack this, we are masters at it.

But by pushing the start date back, clubs would just start training earlier, it wouldn't make a difference. However, the problem would be that those participating in World Cups, Euro Cups, Copa Americas and so on get even less of a break.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:56 pm

Agree with ErPupone. Serie A is the best league in my opinion because it is so unpredictable. Who here honestly thought Sampdoria would get relegated ? Who thought Udinese would get a CL spot after they went like 0-0-7 at the start of the season ? Not me.

It is a great league and if it starts later, fine by me. More time for transfers, pre-season, and preperations. Though I find myself watching EPL and La Liga because I cannot wait, I know it will come soon and I am getting more and more excited.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:22 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:Agree with ErPupone. Serie A is the best league in my opinion because it is so unpredictable. Who here honestly thought Sampdoria would get relegated ? Who thought Udinese would get a CL spot after they went like 0-0-7 at the start of the season ? Not me.

It is a great league and if it starts later, fine by me. More time for transfers, pre-season, and preperations. Though I find myself watching EPL and La Liga because I cannot wait, I know it will come soon and I am getting more and more excited.

I agree. Serie A is by far the best league to watch and despite every barclays premier league being hyped as a 6 horse race it always comes down to man united, chelsea and whoever is the dominant team from the other 18. La liga is a 2 team show and needless to comment on the rest.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by the.juve.man Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:36 am

ErPupone wrote:
Juventude wrote:

spot on i could of not put it better Smile

the.juve.man
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum