Sushi Master
xabi
41 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

CR7 vs Henry - Page 3 Empty Re: CR7 vs Henry

Post by Doc Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:53 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:
Why do MADrid fans always bring up Messi when he isn't even part of the topic Rolling Eyes

and you have a terrible rep because you post nonsense

Why do other fans use the opinion of ONE fan and make it seem as that is the consensus of the entire fan base?

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:27 pm

In your head when you open this thread...

*DON'T LIKE CR*...*VOTE FOR OTHER GUY*

Except for Madrid fans :lol!:
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:33 pm

Henry was better than Ronaldo, that much is obvious for anyone who isn't a Ronaldo fan-boy.

Henry in his prime was more comparable to Messi than Ronaldo has ever been thus far, but neither of them are as good as Messi.

Plus, I keep on hearing about what Ronaldo will "accomplish" in order to be as good as Henry... Henry won the sixtuple if I'm not mistaken, and that doesn't seem likely to come from Ronaldo in this lifetime.

But if Madrid fans would like to think that Ronaldo might be as good as Henry, then let them think so...It doesn't really bug me. The only way they console themselves is by saying that Ronaldo can surpass Henry through his trophy count, which isn't true. Henry is a WC winner, EPL winner, CL winner....He won pretty much everything he faced. Can't see Ronaldo winning the EPL anytime soon.

For now, Henry is clearly better. When Madrid fans think that Ronaldo has become somewhere in the vicinity of Henry's level, they can resurrect this thread.

Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:42 pm

Well for one I don't need to console myself with anything. I believe that Henry isn't as above and beyond as pro Henry posters are making it out to be. The man was better, that is as certain as night turns to day but forgive me if I don't see it as if we are comparing Maradona with Milner.

Also, Cristiano already has an EPL title Iceman...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:50 pm

Doc wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
Why do MADrid fans always bring up Messi when he isn't even part of the topic Rolling Eyes

and you have a terrible rep because you post nonsense

Why do other fans use the opinion of ONE fan and make it seem as that is the consensus of the entire fan base?
I've seen it happen more than once

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:01 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:
I've seen it happen more than once

So you repeat the same thing despite it being wrong and poor representative of the fan base? Nice...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:41 pm

xabi wrote:

henry is overrated, get over it son. cr7 has already surpassed him.. but I dont expect arsnal people to agree

On behalf of Inter people,I disagree :coffee:

Henry was so slick and elegant...CR looks like a chicken eating corn when he runs.Henry seemed to do the same things CR does spontaneously without any real effort...
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:54 pm

Why is Messi better than Henry?
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:55 pm

For me ronaldo is better, people just don't like ronaldo. Can henry score 50+ goals in a season? Ronaldo + messi are the players of the generation...
i'm not even being biased, just stating the facts. People overrate henry alot, and some have never even seen him play...

In 2006, there wasn't much stopping portugal reaching the finals and winning. It could have gone either way. Like I said people just hate ronaldo because he is ronaldo. But it is clear who is better. Seriously, when you say henry is "elegant" compared to ronaldo you know you are not even comparing right.
Ronaldo is superior in heading, on par in speed, slightly better free kick taker, stronger shooting, even positioning, much more agility, henry has a better finish, but who scored 50+ goals in a season? Don't tell me la liga teams suck, because I watch the lower teams and they can match any of the lower epl teams.

Henry may be a better role model and be more likeable, but it is ronaldo who is better. Again I'm not saying this out of bias, I am just saying this out of fact, and ronaldo hasn't even finished his career. He will only start to get worse in terms of pace at age 32 at least, since he is a fitness freak (according to many many sources).

Again this is all just an opinion, so feel free to disagree or agree.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:15 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:For me ronaldo is better, people just don't like ronaldo. Can henry score 50+ goals in a season? Ronaldo + messi are the players of the generation...
i'm not even being biased, just stating the facts. People overrate henry alot, and some have never even seen him play...

In 2006, there wasn't much stopping portugal reaching the finals and winning. It could have gone either way. Like I said people just hate ronaldo because he is ronaldo. But it is clear who is better. Seriously, when you say henry is "elegant" compared to ronaldo you know you are not even comparing right.
Ronaldo is superior in heading, on par in speed, slightly better free kick taker, stronger shooting, even positioning, much more agility, henry has a better finish, but who scored 50+ goals in a season? Don't tell me la liga teams suck, because I watch the lower teams and they can match any of the lower epl teams.

Henry may be a better role model and be more likeable, but it is ronaldo who is better. Again I'm not saying this out of bias, I am just saying this out of fact, and ronaldo hasn't even finished his career. He will only start to get worse in terms of pace at age 32 at least, since he is a fitness freak (according to many many sources).

I agree, but Ronaldo scored 43 goals in one season against EPL teams in Man U.

Henry is good, but Ronaldo is one of the finest players of this generations.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:15 am

What generation mate ? last 5 years lol ?

Anyone who has watched Henry in his prime will not hesitate to say that THeirry has been the 2nd best striker after the Real Ronaldo in the last 15 years or so

Henry scored goals when defence was much better in the Premier league. He scored goals when it mattered in the PL.

in 07/08 Ronaldo mainly scored tap ins, or against relegating teams. the only goal he scored against top 4 teams was against Arsenal in the 2-2 match lol
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:23 am

Giggity5313 wrote:For me ronaldo is better, people just don't like ronaldo. Can henry score 50+ goals in a season? Ronaldo + messi are the players of the generation...

Henry scored 28 goals playing at LW at the age of 31 in la liga.

Do u even want to imagine how many he will score as a striker in this barcelona team ? or madrid team ?

Also about other things, your opinion but its full of bias lol. Ronaldo is not better at any of the things u mentioned apart from heading. And btw, its neither clear or a fact that ronaldo is better. Its ur opinion
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:34 am

RealGunner wrote:What generation mate ? last 5 years lol ?

Anyone who has watched Henry in his prime will not hesitate to say that THeirry has been the 2nd best striker after the Real Ronaldo in the last 15 years or so

Henry scored goals when defence was much better in the Premier league. He scored goals when it mattered in the PL.

in 07/08 Ronaldo mainly scored tap ins, or against relegating teams. the only goal he scored against top 4 teams was against Arsenal in the 2-2 match lol
>implying Ronaldo still doesnt score mainly tap ins

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:00 am

If tap ins are so easy then why can't extremely good players such as benzema and even higuain miss sitters that ronaldo would score?

It's not like ronaldo is playing striker for us, he's playing the same position as henry, LAM/LW (hybrid winger/striker).

I'm not biased, I've watched henry play since I was a kid, he's one of my favorite players. But its not like he didn't score tap ins too.

Ronaldo IS much bigger (the dude is 83 kgs, and that was last year, this year he is even bigger). Henry was taller but Ronaldo is a monster physically, only thing henry will match him at is speed.

Yes yes, we all thought villa would score 40+ goals at barca. But did he? Ronaldo is proven in 2 leagues. He didn't do so hot with barca either, although he was good at first.

Once again, 28 goals compared to 50+ goals?
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:44 am

henry

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:48 am

omarish wrote:Henry is good
The universe is big

Hitler was mean

Justin Bieber lacks talent

Your comment just slides right in with the rest of those in terms of monstrous understatement
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:09 am

football for all its entertainment and skills and all is bout putting the ball in the back of the net.. in a match there are some players who do it and the others have to prevent it.. those are attackers and defenders goalie included.. when comparing two attackers yeah sure dribbling, elegance, skill set and scoring in style is fun but in the end what wins the game is the ball going in the net..ronaldo has done it in the epl and la liga and scored shit loads of goals.. henry was magnificient too but ronaldos just 26 and he can put the bal in to the net in more ways eg heading ,free kicks, tap ins whatever.. he is more efficient.. though henry for the time being is still better.. but cr7 is just 26 and he has already gone down in history so.. what if our team wins a treble next season.. hell be a legend. .what if we end up trophyless for 5 seasons.. hell only be remembered as the guy who threatened messi for a few seasons.. so lets wait and watch :flower:
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:19 am

diptman, why don't you make that youtube video a gif?
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:25 am

Also , Henry is Frances top scorer, has a world cup and a euro...what did Cristiano do internationally? :coffee:
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:39 pm

Goals are not here to compared, Give CR7 some years and he will surely pass Henrys level, imo.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:50 pm

ali8775 wrote:diptman, why don't you make that youtube video a gif?

how do you do that?
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:57 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:

If tap ins are so easy then why can't extremely good players such as benzema and even higuain miss sitters that ronaldo would score?

It's not like ronaldo is playing striker for us, he's playing the same position as henry, LAM/LW (hybrid winger/striker).

I'm not biased, I've watched henry play since I was a kid, he's one of my favorite players. But its not like he didn't score tap ins too.

Ronaldo IS much bigger (the dude is 83 kgs, and that was last year, this year he is even bigger). Henry was taller but Ronaldo is a monster physically, only thing henry will match him at is speed.

Yes yes, we all thought villa would score 40+ goals at barca. But did he? Ronaldo is proven in 2 leagues. He didn't do so hot with barca either, although he was good at first.

Once again, 28 goals compared to 50+ goals?

So ronaldo has never missed a tap in ? Rolling Eyes

And LW is ronaldos position on paper, your every single attack finishes with him, he is your top dog. Henry never was important to barca as ronaldo is to you. Eto'o was the main figure in terms of scoring goal and 2nd was messi. Compare that with madrid, every single attack starts from ronaldo and finishes with him. And yea i agree ronaldo is a physical beast, dont see why thats important lol ?

Villa plays as a LW mate, and once again, he doesnt have the role of Ronaldo. Messi is what ronaldo is at madrid.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:25 pm

Although, what Ronaldo did for Man Utd was great. I think Henry was the better player.

The only way someone would think CR was better, is to compare stats, which I don't think in this context especially, will show you who the better player is entirely.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:59 pm

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:

how do you do that?

gifsoup.com Smile feel free to use my account !

want me to msg u it?
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:57 pm

ali8775 wrote:
RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:

how do you do that?

gifsoup.com Smile feel free to use my account !

want me to msg u it?

i need it too.. u can msg me too? Rolling Eyes
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:10 pm

No contest, Henry.
Abramovich