azzurres
IAmManUnited
Giggslegend
27 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Manchester United looking impressive Empty Manchester United looking impressive

Post by Giggslegend Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:04 pm

We usually start off slow and build up, but our players look very sharp/fit/on form.

And before everyone mentioning spurs have a tendency to roll over for man utd, they are still top 4 candidates, and we fielded a very young team against them.

Phil jones, welbeck, cleverly, anderson, young, rooney etc they all looked impressive tonight.

My only worry is de gea, but hopefully he will get used to the EPL and grow some confidence in the box
Giggslegend
Giggslegend
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Manchester United looking impressive Empty Re: Manchester United looking impressive

Post by IAmManUnited Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:05 pm

Realy good game, much better second half, im loving this one-two touch football!
IAmManUnited
IAmManUnited
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Manchester United looking impressive Empty Re: Manchester United looking impressive

Post by azzurres Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:08 pm

Meh, too much wank after each win, and it is just Tottenham, I would have been ashamed to draw that game.
azzurres
azzurres
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggslegend Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:09 pm

Not to mention our defense injuries
Giggslegend
Giggslegend
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggslegend Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:10 pm

azzurres wrote:Meh, too much wank after each win, and it is just Tottenham, I would have been ashamed to draw that game.

It´s not only the win mate, just happy to see the new boys deliver and rooney finding his best form.
Giggslegend
Giggslegend
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:10 pm

Everyone already knows Utd. is good, nothing really to see here.

The more telling things were on the side of Spurs; Kyle Walker playing awful after such a hype-filled summer, Defoe still missing sitters, Lennon still hasn't learned a thing about the sport besides how to be fast, at least they have a goalkeeper now...
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:11 pm

well united are starting off strong...nd thts not a good sign! cos they always start slow and build momentum to win, will they keep this momentum to end of season? ONE HOPES NOT! so let em win em all

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:16 pm

Really, it's the same United team as last season but on steroids. They will walk the league, IMO.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Manchester United looking impressive Empty Man Utd to Win the EPL this Season

Post by Arquitecto Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:16 pm

As I write this, as I grit my teeth to write this..... This is me simply spilling what I don't want anyone to hear. What I don't want myself to hear. This is me confessing my gut feeling which usually if not all the time is right, and it always really is a kick in the ass.

City, Liverpool, Arsenal (to an extent), Chelsea (even with Juan) all look to be on the rise. The all are building and reinvigorating themselves to fight it out for the #1 spot. Each and everyone of them is holding their own and individually biding their time to strive for the pinnacle of success.

United? Lets admit, all of us who support United's rivals over the year named United boring, dull, uninspiring, lucky and no depth of squad.

Now what?

Despite Tottenham seemingly handing the game to United with piss poor tactics by Harry and zero mentality, United ran absolute today as its clear a new breed has fallen upon them. Despite the own goal victory against West Bromshit, they looked just as good there as they did here as they simply took their chances.

Cleverley, Welbeck, Nani, Chicha, Jones, Smalling and the old guard of Rooney, Giggs, Evra simply blended together to replicate Dalglish's famous Liverpool of the Late 80's-Early Nineties. United seems to have shrugged off their boring, dull and uninspiring title and passed those Spurs off the park with a pass and move not so familiar to United watchers whether fans or opposition. I tried to find a flaw in the team play... I really did.

They looked absolutely perfect.

Knee Jerk? Could be as this is only the 2nd game of the season. The other contenders look great I might add but United are simply at another level, and this isn't just due to the new found squad, its a belief they have taken as the crowd, SAF and the players looked hungry for goals and new exactly how to follow through. The passing was telepathic as if it wasn't for Old man friedels' heroics, it could of been Barca vs Napoli.

Speaking of Barca vs Napoli, I watched both games and couldn't even decide who looked better!!

Has SAF been possessed by the ghost of Vittorio Pozzo? Or maybe he was just inspired once again and even at the ripe old age of 50.

Like I said, Sepi, Red, Nish, Art, ynwa, BG, NJ and the rest.... forgive me for such a disgraceful thread as this is as knee jerk as the real madrid fans, but we have some way to go and I know King kenny will take us there soon, but not likely this season.

Speaking of Real Madrid, I feel United are simply the 2nd best team in the world.

I feel like crying.... Sad
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggslegend Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:18 pm

justdoit_ wrote:Everyone already knows Utd. is good, nothing really to see here.

The more telling things were on the side of Spurs; Kyle Walker playing awful after such a hype-filled summer, Defoe still missing sitters, Lennon still hasn't learned a thing about the sport besides how to be fast, at least they have a goalkeeper now...

Almost feel sorry for redknapp because of the modric situation, spuds are medicore without him
Giggslegend
Giggslegend
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:18 pm

biggest knee jerk ever...just like how chelsea were going to walk the league after 10 games...its only been two this yr smfh

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:18 pm

Well they certainly are the favourites by the look of things ...
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:18 pm

Indeed, no cutting edge.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:19 pm

bloodless wrote:biggest knee jerk ever...just like how chelsea were going to walk the league after 10 games...its only been two this yr smfh

I admitted it was Knee jerk genius...

And Chelsea did not look anywhere near as good as this especially considering they started off playing against West brom, blackpool and wigan and not tottenham
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:19 pm

kneejerk indeed.

considering the either piss poor mentality in all the other clubs or their off form they probably will win.

Last edited by The Madrid One on Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:20 pm

Not really knee jerk. That supposedly mediocre squad that won the PL, reached the CL finals without too much trouble? Well, it's pretty much the same one but with actual quality depth and tactical options up the ass. The mentality will always be there, lots of old guard mixed with fresh, hungry blood. I won't bat an eye if they walk the league. The only weakness is De Gea who just needs to adapt.

City are good but still have a lot to learn, Liverpool can challenge the league IMO, Chelsea need lots of improvement but have loads of experience, Arsenal... Arsenal.

Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:21 pm

two horse race tbh....

i predict another FA Cup/EPL split between the two manchesters just like last year
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:21 pm

They are rightly the favourites. Their winning mentality is much more important than squad and players and it's something that has been coming for decades...it's hard to develop such mentality.

When you win 12 titles in 20 years.;...you should be favourites every year by default. They look very well oiled, however Spurs were dogsh*t tonight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:22 pm

The only positive for me here is De Gea seems to be finding his confidence after the backing of United fans and his teammates.

He was great today.

The only thing he is missing is that: "GTFO of my box you jamook!" presence that Kahn, Schmiecel and Buffon have.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:25 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
bloodless wrote:biggest knee jerk ever...just like how chelsea were going to walk the league after 10 games...its only been two this yr smfh

And Chelsea did not look anywhere near as good as this especially considering they started off playing against West brom, blackpool and wigan and not tottenham

tottenham at OT is worse than west brom and blackpool...they've not won a single game at OT :O

and if u watched chelsea last season they were playing much better at start than this team smfh

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:25 pm

Sepi wrote:They are rightly the favourites. Their winning mentality is much more important than squad and players and it's something that has been coming for decades...it's hard to develop such mentality.

When you win 12 titles in 20 years.;...you should be favourites every year by default. They look very well oiled, however Spurs were dogsh*t tonight.

Yea I mentioned that as this is the nail in the coffin for the Spurs fans and english alike who rate Redknapp as he was absolutely piss poor moaning in the bench and not switching anything.

He only has one plan.

Tottenham are like Arron Lennon, fast, tricky, yet the decision making of a maggot near the end.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:27 pm

bloodless wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:

tottenham at OT is worse than west brom and blackpool...they've not won a single game at OT :O

and if u watched chelsea last season they were playing much better at start than this team smfh

Clutching at straws as only Redknapp hasn't won at OT as the last time they did win at OT was in 2004.

Liverpool just beat Arsenal at Emirates and we had not won there since 2000.

Chelsea didn't look anywhere near like this.

Don't kid yourself here mate.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:28 pm

Arquitecto wrote:The only positive for me here is De Gea seems to be finding his confidence after the backing of United fans and his teammates.

He was great today.

The only thing he is missing is that: "GTFO of my box you jamook!" presence that Kahn, Schmiecel and Buffon have.
What young keeper has that sort of presence? IMO, only Neuer comes close. He's still only 20, that might come with the years, anyways.

If not, then he can be icy cool like VDS was.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:29 pm

Obviously i disagree with you Arquitecto, but i take no offense about being called 3rd behind utd, we are coming from so far being, it's really not a problem.

I personally cant wait for City vs Utd. They are the two best teams in england from the look of it, it's going to be a treat to watch those two teams playing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:30 pm

At least De Gea won't be tested next week as I can't see Arsenal putting in a single cross or having any kind of shit from outside of the box.

Unless Arsene of course comes up with a surprise

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next