bloodless
justdoit_
azzurres
IAmManUnited
Giggslegend
27 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Manchester United looking impressive - Page 2 Empty Re: Manchester United looking impressive

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:30 pm

At least De Gea won't be tested next week as I can't see Arsenal putting in a single cross or having any kind of shit from outside of the box.

Unless Arsene of course comes up with a surprise

Back to top Go down

Manchester United looking impressive - Page 2 Empty Re: Manchester United looking impressive

Post by Arquitecto Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:31 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:The only positive for me here is De Gea seems to be finding his confidence after the backing of United fans and his teammates.

He was great today.

The only thing he is missing is that: "GTFO of my box you jamook!" presence that Kahn, Schmiecel and Buffon have.
What young keeper has that sort of presence? IMO, only Neuer comes close. He's still only 20, that might come with the years, anyways.

If not, then he can be icy cool like VDS was.

Maier, Kahn, Zoff, Zubizeretta all did at his age as it seemed like they were born with it.

De Gea is the only player I support in United as he is coined as the successor to Iker as bias would be expected more from me then criticism.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:32 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Obviously i disagree with you Arquitecto, but i take no offense about being called 3rd behind utd, we are coming from so far being, it's really not a problem.

I personally cant wait for City vs Utd. They are the two best teams in england from the look of it, it's going to be a treat to watch those two teams playing

I think Real are very very good ATM but United have simply looked better IMO as its expected considering Mou is only having his 2nd year at Madrid with a lot more pressure then what SAF is facing.

Honestly its hard to compare who is superior but its simply my personal opinion on who is.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:47 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
bloodless wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
bloodless wrote:biggest knee jerk ever...just like how chelsea were going to walk the league after 10 games...its only been two this yr smfh

I admitted it was Knee jerk genius...

And Chelsea did not look anywhere near as good as this especially considering they started off playing against West brom, blackpool and wigan and not tottenham

tottenham at OT is worse than west brom and blackpool...they've not won a single game at OT :O

and if u watched chelsea last season they were playing much better at start than this team smfh

Clutching at straws as only Redknapp hasn't won at OT as the last time they did win at OT was in 2004.

Liverpool just beat Arsenal at Emirates and we had not won there since 2000.

Chelsea didn't look anywhere near like this.

Don't kid yourself here mate.

http://www.aboutmanutd.com/man-u-matches/20-03-2004-tottenham-hotspur.html

tottenham didnt win at OT in 2004, again i dnt know wtf your on about...tottenham have never won at OT

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:54 pm

bloodless wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
bloodless wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
bloodless wrote:biggest knee jerk ever...just like how chelsea were going to walk the league after 10 games...its only been two this yr smfh

I admitted it was Knee jerk genius...

And Chelsea did not look anywhere near as good as this especially considering they started off playing against West brom, blackpool and wigan and not tottenham

tottenham at OT is worse than west brom and blackpool...they've not won a single game at OT :O

and if u watched chelsea last season they were playing much better at start than this team smfh

Clutching at straws as only Redknapp hasn't won at OT as the last time they did win at OT was in 2004.

Liverpool just beat Arsenal at Emirates and we had not won there since 2000.

Chelsea didn't look anywhere near like this.

Don't kid yourself here mate.

http://www.aboutmanutd.com/man-u-matches/20-03-2004-tottenham-hotspur.html

tottenham didnt win at OT in 2004, again i dnt know wtf your on about...tottenham have never won at OT

My mistake as I got mixed up with Redknapps record with another team.

But... Spurs have in fact won in OT as this was in 16th December 1989

So I don't know wtf your on about.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmManUnited Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:55 pm

Rooney for top scorer!
IAmManUnited
IAmManUnited
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:58 pm

lol okay dude, whatever you say......who the hell is talking about pre-barclay premier league time...odds are tht u might have not been born then even...tottenham have not recorded a single win in OT during premier league reign, so tht they lost today to united mean absolutely jack null

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:05 pm

bloodless wrote:lol okay dude, whatever you say......who the hell is talking about pre-barclay premier league time...odds are tht u might have not been born then even...tottenham have not recorded a single win in OT during premier league reign, so tht they lost today to united mean absolutely jack null

I was waiting for this response.

You have some good points, but the fact is Tottenham are in fact above a mid-table team and do put up a challenge despite their brain freeze toward United.

Fact is, United haven't looked this good in years as they were without their best defender and Rio along with Rafael and a retired Scholes.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:07 pm

How did you get a flag of basque country as your country arquitecto? Can I put a catalan one too??
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:07 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
bloodless wrote:lol okay dude, whatever you say......who the hell is talking about pre-barclay premier league time...odds are tht u might have not been born then even...tottenham have not recorded a single win in OT during premier league reign, so tht they lost today to united mean absolutely jack null

I was waiting for this response.

You have some good points, but the fact is Tottenham are in fact above a mid-table team and do put up a challenge despite their brain freeze toward United.

Fact is, United haven't looked this good in years as they were without their best defender and Rio along with Rafael and a retired Scholes.

It's not like united where all over tottenham...in the first half the game could have gone anywhere! united scored a first goal...redknapp panicked and went all out and they end up loosing 3-0 at home to a team tht always plays good against them but looses...neways this is my opinion

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:07 pm

How did you get a flag of basque country as your country arquitecto? Can I put a catalan one too??
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:08 pm

free_cat wrote:How did you get a flag of basque country as your country arquitecto? Can I put a catalan one too??

I was hoping you would see this my Catalan friend.

I requested this one from Mclewis as I'll request a Catalan flag for you.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:13 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
free_cat wrote:How did you get a flag of basque country as your country arquitecto? Can I put a catalan one too??

I was hoping you would see this my Catalan friend.

I requested this one from Mclewis as I'll request a Catalan flag for you.

Thank you!!! cheers

Some day you have to explain me your personal history, cause it's just weird that you are basque, but favour Spanish union, and supprt Milan and Liverpool. Smile
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:23 pm

I didn't think Utd were anything special in the first half tbh...performance wise of course. 2nd half was a great performance though, especially from rooney, Anderson, Jones and my MOTM Welbeck.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:25 pm

Devil-Is-Red wrote:I didn't think Utd were anything special in the first half tbh...performance wise of course. 2nd half was a great performance though, especially from rooney, Anderson, Jones and my MOTM Welbeck.

Disagree as in the first half, tempo was merely slower and chances weren't taken as effectively.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:28 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:I didn't think Utd were anything special in the first half tbh...performance wise of course. 2nd half was a great performance though, especially from rooney, Anderson, Jones and my MOTM Welbeck.

Disagree as in the first half, tempo was merely slower and chances weren't taken as effectively.

I just think there wasn't any real threat up front...defensively, the team was good. But there was no spark up front imo.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:30 pm

Devil-Is-Red wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:

I just think there wasn't any real threat up front...defensively, the team was good. But there was no spark up front imo.

Agreed as it was similar to Liverpool's first half against Arsenal where the midfield was wonderful yet no support up in the final 3rd.

I think Rooney dropping deeper to distribute had something to do with this.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:34 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:

Agreed as it was similar to Liverpool's first half against Arsenal where the midfield was wonderful yet no support up in the final 3rd.

And the fact Welbeck kept making the wrong runs too. Spurs' defence was outstanding in the first half tbf too....especially Kaboul.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:37 pm

Devil-Is-Red wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:

And the fact Welbeck kept making the wrong runs too. Spurs' defence was outstanding in the first half tbf too....especially Kaboul.

Agreed.

Welbeck was far from impressive in the first half as I was rather doubting his place there.

He made a metamorphosis in the 2nd and especially turned it on after the goal galvanized him.

Also, Kaboul was in fact immense in the back and did well to hold off Nani.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:40 pm

5 facts.

1. Still the best club in England.
2. Fergi is the best coach on the world.
3. Utd should rename stadium to "Alex Ferguson" after his retiremant.
4. You still need Sneijder or someone like him.
5. No competition for Real and Barca in CL.

ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:45 pm

They were very good today but it's hard to give them any credit when you read shit like

Cleverley > Wilshere
Phil Jones is better than John Terry ever was
Smalling is the best RB in the country.
Rooney is the 3rd best player in the World
Ashley Young Signing of the season
Nani best pure winger in the World

etc etc
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:47 pm

Gil wrote:They were very good today but it's hard to give them any credit when you read shit like

Cleverley > Wilshere
Phil Jones is better than John Terry ever was
Smalling is the best RB in the country.
Rooney is the 3rd best player in the World
Ashley Young Signing of the season
Nani best pure winger in the World

etc etc

This is all the work of Cyber as we all know his bias precedes his judgment.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:50 pm

It was all over on Twitter and FB mate.

Really hope we batter them in around a months time
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:51 pm

Gil wrote:It was all over on Twitter and FB mate.

Really hope we batter them in around a months time

Was it really???

Then thats quite sad.

And although my soft spot for Chelsea is gone considering the Ancelotta has left, I still hope Lamps,Mata and Drogba run a riot against United.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:52 pm

Howard webb is the referee for Man utd vs Arsenal next week.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:53 pm

One horse race :coffee:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum