white_star
The BoyWonder
kiranr
Vibe
52 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

How will the ties end?

Barcelona - AC Milan Prediction Thread - Page 3 Vote_lcap23%Barcelona - AC Milan Prediction Thread - Page 3 Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 21 ]
Barcelona - AC Milan Prediction Thread - Page 3 Vote_lcap25%Barcelona - AC Milan Prediction Thread - Page 3 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 23 ]
Barcelona - AC Milan Prediction Thread - Page 3 Vote_lcap15%Barcelona - AC Milan Prediction Thread - Page 3 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 14 ]
Barcelona - AC Milan Prediction Thread - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%Barcelona - AC Milan Prediction Thread - Page 3 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 7 ]
Barcelona - AC Milan Prediction Thread - Page 3 Vote_lcap14%Barcelona - AC Milan Prediction Thread - Page 3 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 13 ]
Barcelona - AC Milan Prediction Thread - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%Barcelona - AC Milan Prediction Thread - Page 3 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
Barcelona - AC Milan Prediction Thread - Page 3 Vote_lcap13%Barcelona - AC Milan Prediction Thread - Page 3 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 13 ]

Total Votes : 93

Barcelona - AC Milan Prediction Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Barcelona - AC Milan Prediction Thread

Post by billy_gr Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:37 am

Shouldn’t this be in the CL section?
By the way I’m having a great time. My bro is a Milan fan so it’s family civil war time Smile

billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Barcelona - AC Milan Prediction Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Barcelona - AC Milan Prediction Thread

Post by •MilanDevil• Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:51 am

billy_gr wrote:Shouldn’t this be in the CL section?
By the way I’m having a great time. My bro is a Milan fan so it’s family civil war time Smile

Hehe same here. Except that i am the Milan fan and he is the barca fan.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:53 am

•MilanDevil• wrote:

So you and billy_gr are brothers?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:00 am

Dino? Is that you?
Did you create an account here without telling me????
Afro
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:16 am

jiopsi wrote:
•MilanDevil• wrote:

So you and billy_gr are brothers?

No lol. I meant that we are in a similar situation.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:19 am

I'm going to say that Milan have a strong chance of winning at the San Siro. Do not take them so lightly.. The particular style of football (formation/tactics) that Milan play tend to be a type of Kryptonite for teams like Barca.

I think Milan would be perfectly capable of adequately shutting down that Barca midfield.

Abate is probably going to dominate David Villa.

The concerns though will be: How to cope specifically with Dani Alves and Messi? Which I fear they will have no answer to.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:24 am

We don’t use the word “probably” in the same sentence with the words “dominate” and “Abate”
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:28 am

Abate will need help from the RCM to help against Villa, however Gattuso will be suspended for the Camp Nou game and Flamini has a 4-6 month injury, so I'll be interested to see who lines up ahead of Abate.

Our left flank is of far greater concern however, especially with Taiwo already knocked out for a month. I won't speculate on our best line-up until we see how Aquilani fits into the squad and the fitness levels of our players after the first few weeks though.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:29 am

billy_gr wrote:We don’t use the word “probably” in the same sentence with the words “dominate” and “Abate”

Heart
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:46 am

dostoevsky wrote:
billy_gr wrote:We don’t use the word “probably” in the same sentence with the words “dominate” and “Abate”

Heart

He has a point there actually...

Correction: Abate WILL dominate David Villa.

Happy now?

When do Milan play Barca for the first time?
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:55 am

Matchday One. September 13/14.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:55 am

Bring it on.... Wink
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:03 am

dostoevsky wrote:
VibeTribe wrote:Can votes be made public?I wanna see who thinks Milan will destroy Barcelona Barcelona - AC Milan Prediction Thread - Page 3 5-81

All 11 of them Shocked

Abiatti

Abate---Nesta---Silva---Zambrotta

Van Bommel---Mexes

Antonini---Ambrosini---Emanuelson

Bonera

Gattuso as the super-sub.

Come at us :coffee:

In all seriousness though I think that a repeat of Inter's group stage performances against Barcelona may well be in order, a draw at home, though I think 1-1 more likely than Inter's 0-0 and a loss in Spain would be the safest bet. In much the same way as Inter, Milan shouldn't be too worried about these fixtures beyond ensuring our pride and they should be used as learning curves. Beating Barcelona in the group stages doesn't get you any closer to the trophy, if we can beat them it should be a surprise in the latter stages. It's a great litmus test, however both sides will likely not yet be at their peak and we'll still be learning how to play them. Allegri will be up against the wall from the beginning with our campaign beginning in the Camp Nou, however he learns from each mistake he makes so expect the team to get progressively better from half time in Spain.

Bonera would still score an own goal somehow
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:10 am

dostoevsky wrote:Matchday One. September 13/14.

Yup, wow Matchday 1 at the Nou Camp... Just get that loss out of the way nice and early, then you give it horns at the return game at the San Siro when surely at least Taiwo will be back if not Flamini as well!
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:19 am

@BM3 - I was rather hoping that the principle exists that Bonera is most dangerous to whichever goal he is closest to.

In which case, Bonera centre-forward GETT INNNNNN.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabra1 Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:46 am

Guiltybystander wrote:Let Mark van Bommel and Gatusso play. TOTAL DESTRUCTION.
Barcelona will still win both legs however.

Yeahhh I agree! Why the pessimism?? Milan can and will win.. one of the games at least.
Sabra1
Sabra1
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:15 am

wigglesworth wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
wigglesworth wrote:i Do you consider all teams that play offensive and move the ball well to be tiki taka?

Tiki taka, which means holding the ball with horizontal passing, is not offensive football. It works well against the English pass and hoof it style because it prevents English teams from playing, but, against a talented and disciplined Italian team like Inter (or Milan), Barca will lose more often than win, especially when it is 11 players against 11 players.
In 4 games in the 09-10 Champion's Leauge we won two and drew one game.

In the group stage Inter had just gotten all the new players Sneijder, Eto'o etc. and was not a disciplined team yet. Once the spring came and the team had gelled, Barca lost 3-1 and won (but was eliminated) against an Inter that had only ten men for more than 70 minutes. A great, far superior team should be able to destroy a team playing with 10 men for most of the match. Don't know how much you paid UEFA off for that red card decision. I still remember peekaboo Piquet or Busquets forget which of the two clowns dove.

It was quite please debating with you until you started to pull out these excuses. It's clear to me your a very hard headed fellow. Good luck studying under Mourinho, seems he has already told you about using the red cards as an excuse. You seem to be very knowledgeable when it comes to what you believe in, now perhaps you should start to familiarize yourself with the things you don't agree with. How many Barca games do you watch each year? How do they advance up the pitch with only vertical passing.

Just to keep this on topic..... I voted one win for Barca (Camp Nou) and a draw at home for Milan. Without Pique/Puyol things will be more difficult for Barca. Milan have a great offense upfront, but that year their issue was the midfield. This off season Pirlo went to Juve and he was replaced by Aquilani, so Milan didn't really bring in this "final piece".

P.S. Does anyone find it funny that Ganso wanted to stay at Santos so he can play Barca in the CWC, but had he moved to Milan he would have two shots minimum at the kings of Europe. I'm sure the CWC means a lot to him, but does it really get any better than the Champions league?

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:17 am

Barcelona 7 - AC Milan 0

am sorry but Milan will be totally embarrassed in that game...
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by arabprince Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:31 am

Barca will win one and we will draw the second one.
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:51 pm

Aftermath bump...
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Barcelona - AC Milan Prediction Thread - Page 3 Empty Predict the score Barca vs. AC Milan in Camp Nou

Post by Babun Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:52 pm

I just saw AC Milan play today and to say they were shocking is an understatement. I expect a 4-0 loss to Farca at least.

Discuss!
:lol!:
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by milanfan7 Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:55 pm

Barca4-1milan.
milanfan7
milanfan7
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:57 pm

What ever Messi decides.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:58 pm

Barcelona are unstoppable.

Milan are a good team, but if they even try to play offensive or are undisciplined, they'll get slaughtered 5-0.

Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by cheesy Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:58 pm

I think Barcelona will pick up a relatively comfortable 2-0 victory.

cheesy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:59 pm

the knee jerk threads are getting annoying.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next