Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

So True  Empty Re: So True

Post by ErPupone Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:44 pm

True, but he still has some things he has to learn with regards to managing his players. Patience is necessary, but some things he just can't do.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:47 pm

ErPupone wrote:True, but he still has some things he has to learn with regards to managing his players. Patience is necessary, but some things he just can't do.

He can only learn from his mistakes...
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:06 am

The same mistake twice in one week. I didn't look much into it last week, but something just seems wrong now. Enrique barely even looked at Totti when he came off. And it's not as if there's anyone who understands the decision to take Totti off, even Weiss, the Slovan coach, was like "wtf???"
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:30 am

ErPupone wrote:The same mistake twice in one week. I didn't look much into it last week, but something just seems wrong now. Enrique barely even looked at Totti when he came off. And it's not as if there's anyone who understands the decision to take Totti off, even Weiss, the Slovan coach, was like "wtf???"

Ah well the first match Totti had a little injury or Flu (Can't remember which one it was) that's why he didn't start..

Yeah I admit he *bleep* up last night i would've understood had he taken Totti off had we being 2-0 up and the game nearly over...It's all a learning curve for LE as i said you can only learn from your mistakes and now I'm sure he has over the whole Totti sub...

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:33 am

He's not Harry Potter guys...
narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:05 pm

The Fonz wrote:
ErPupone wrote:The same mistake twice in one week. I didn't look much into it last week, but something just seems wrong now. Enrique barely even looked at Totti when he came off. And it's not as if there's anyone who understands the decision to take Totti off, even Weiss, the Slovan coach, was like "wtf???"

Ah well the first match Totti had a little injury or Flu (Can't remember which one it was) that's why he didn't start..

Yeah I admit he *bleep* up last night i would've understood had he taken Totti off had we being 2-0 up and the game nearly over...It's all a learning curve for LE as i said you can only learn from your mistakes and now I'm sure he has over the whole Totti sub...

I would normally agree, but I'm convinced by everything that's been going on that they're trying to slowly force Totti out. Enrique hasn't tried to patch things up or anything while Totti is not fighting back explicitly.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:15 pm

If Totti isn't fighting back then how could he possibly avoid being forced out?

When Ranieri went against the grain last season, Totti came out with his fists up and went on the offensive.

He's not doing that now with LE and for me, that's very telling. He was obviously not happy with his substitution, but he has said next to nothing about what happened that night. Whereas, we knew his feelings about Ranieri mere days after our first match with Bayern.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:33 pm

Also,

Here are some words for DiBenedetto on the situation, from Forzaroma.info:

"I admire Francesco Totti a lot. He is a great player and is very important for our project, but it's the coach who decides who plays and when. And I support the coach 100% . "

" We chose Luis Enrique for his philosophy of play, very similar to that of Barcelona. Not just for the style of play but also the attitude on and off the field. The team concept is very important to us. That's the result. It is the team that wins, not the individual. If the team works together and hard, the result can only be success . "

This may not be a battle that Totti will win if he tries to fight it I feel. It won't be like it has been in years past.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:38 pm

McLewis wrote:If Totti isn't fighting back then how could he possibly avoid being forced out?

When Ranieri went against the grain last season, Totti came out with his fists up and went on the offensive.

He's not doing that now with LE and for me, that's very telling. He was obviously not happy with his substitution, but he has said next to nothing about what happened that night. Whereas, we knew his feelings about Ranieri mere days after our first match with Bayern.

But there's a difference now. There's no more Rosella Sensi. Before, he knew that the Sensi family had his back, Rosella was like a sister to him. Now, despite Di Benedetto's praise for Totti, it's going to be Baldini and Sabatini calling the shots. He knows that if he steps out of line even a little bit, they'll crucify him even before the media does. He isn't happy now, but can't do anything about it because they're trying to diminish his importance. But, and this is a pretty big "but", Totti has, I would say, around 95% of the fans with him, which makes this a very strange situation. He's not talking, but the fans are making themselves heard. This is an even bigger problem imo. Totti may not be fighting back (and I think he just wants to answer on the pitch by showing how important he could still be), but the fans are doing it for him. So you have the fans going against the management, but Totti is not talking at all (so really he's not even doing anything wrong).

So at this point, every decision made by Luis Enrique is going to be analyzed to the death by every Roma fan and it's up to him to patch things up. Totti can't do anything about this situation because he has done nothing at all. It's not another case of Totti vs. manager (though I retain that Spalletti's departure had nothing to do with Totti), but it's simply a case of Enrique's pride vs. Enrique's job. I really hope they work things out and for this reason I'm not going to ask for Enrique's head anytime soon, but he needs to realize that this isn't Barcelona B and that he has a club legend to deal with.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum