Arsenal FC thanks away fans at Old Trafford

+3
REWB
Raptorgunner
jback2
7 posters

Go down

Arsenal FC thanks away fans at Old Trafford Empty Arsenal FC thanks away fans at Old Trafford

Post by jback2 Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:43 pm

"Arsenal Football Club has announced it will be writing to fans who travelled to Old Trafford on Sunday with an offer to cover the cost of a match ticket at a future Barclays Premier League away game.

A Club statement issued today said: 'Sunday's result was obviously disappointing for everyone connected with the Club. Our travelling fans were magnificent throughout and we want to recognise their fantastic support. We will be writing to them shortly with the details.'"

Although nothing can take away that 8-2 scoreline.. I thought this was the least the club could do for the away fans that endured on Sunday. And I think Jack's tweet concerning the fans puts it best.

jback2
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Arsenal FC thanks away fans at Old Trafford Empty Re: Arsenal FC thanks away fans at Old Trafford

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:48 pm

They are repaying the away fans thats great, what about the millions of fan who are heart broken?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Arsenal FC thanks away fans at Old Trafford Empty Re: Arsenal FC thanks away fans at Old Trafford

Post by REWB Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:52 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:They are repaying the away fans thats great, what about the millions of fan who are heart broken?

they can do that by buying playing?
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Benry Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:55 pm

Looks like i'll go to Anfield for free this year, it better be an away match of my choice.
Benry
Benry
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:57 pm

Seaman: This is not good enough

''When I played for Arsenal we were expected to win trophies this is not good enough,'' he wrote. ''Don't all have a go at the manager ATTITUDE needs to be different !!!''

Seaman's Arsenal team-mate Paul Merson, now pundit on Sky Sports, also hit out at the performance but claimed that serious questions now had to be asked of Wenger.

"It is definitely the worst day for Arsene Wenger in charge and it is even the worst day for a long time in Arsenal's history. Since I started there in 1984, I cannot remember much worse than what we have seen here. It was shocking, just shocking," he said.

"There are much lesser teams with much less talent than Arsenal who will come to Old Trafford this season and make it doubly as difficult as they did today.

"You have got to have tactics - you can't just have a Plan A, you have to have a plan B. The way Wenger set up wasn't good enough. You can't put teams out all the time and just say 'go and play the Arsenal way' - that isn't fair on the players.

"Don't put those kinds of players on the pitch and make them like lambs to the slaughter - it's not good enough. You have got to start looking at the manager now and asking questions. What is he thinking? I'm not joking, but a League Two could come here next Saturday and make it much more difficult for United than that."

Former Arsenal director Lady Bracewell-Smith added her thoughts on her Twitter account: "Not good for #Arsenal and only 3 days left before the transfer window close."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/?cc=5901
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:59 pm

Benry wrote:Looks like i'll go to Anfield for free this year, it better be an away match of my choice.

You were at the game, what was going after the game there?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:01 pm

Benry wrote:Looks like i'll go to Anfield for free this year, it better be an away match of my choice.

so you attended? are your eyes still bleeding?

they can thank the rest of the supporters by buying some top players, but they wont because we are too cheap. smh
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Benry Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:08 pm

Not much really lads. Three players went to clap the fans, Theo, RVP and I think Koscielny, absolutely disgusting. To be fair the United fans were absolute sh*t in terms of support.

After the game getting out United fans didn't really say much, they were more sympathetic, if anything.

I am ashamed to have certain players in this Arsenal side.
Benry
Benry
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:13 pm

Benry wrote:Not much really lads. Three players went to clap the fans, Theo, RVP and I think Koscielny, absolutely disgusting. To be fair the United fans were absolute sh*t in terms of support.

After the game getting out United fans didn't really say much, they were more sympathetic, if anything.

I feel for you guys, I was at home and I was getting text after text people just laughing their ass off. Sad

Most of my friends here United fans, I hate them really. silent
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Benry Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:24 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
Benry wrote:Not much really lads. Three players went to clap the fans, Theo, RVP and I think Koscielny, absolutely disgusting. To be fair the United fans were absolute sh*t in terms of support.

I feel for you guys, I was at home and I was getting text after text people just laughing their ass off. Sad

When I hear things like Arsenal fans lack passion, those statements are so unreal it's true, yesterday we sang pretty much non-stop. Even when goals 4,5,6,7,8 were being scored, we still sang. Easily the best away fans in the league, unfortunately at the Emirates all the away lot are broken.

Again Fabregas's departure has come to haunt Arsenal there is no leader of play.
Benry
Benry
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:31 pm

Benry wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:

When I hear things like Arsenal fans lack passion, those statements are so unreal it's true, yesterday we sang pretty much non-stop. Even when goals 4,5,6,7,8 were being scored, we still sang. Easily the best away fans in the league, unfortunately at the Emirates all the away lot are broken.

Again Fabregas's departure has come to haunt Arsenal there is no leader of play.

Wenger has 2 days to repay all the broken Arsenal fans, if we don't get any quality signing, I don't think he gives a shit about what any fan want or think.

We are a big team and a loss like this just will stay with us for years to come.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:32 pm

Benry what do u make of Ramsey. honest opinion
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:51 pm

Instead of giving away free tickets, they should use the money to buy players...

Back to top Go down

Post by Benry Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:53 pm

RealGunner wrote:Benry what do u make of Ramsey. honest opinion

Very similar to Steven Gerrard but has more to become even better, needs a genuine playmaker to get the best out of him against world class opposition.

The timing of the injury was criminal, at this point Ramsey began to become a playmaker rather than just a box to box midfielder. See the game against Olympiacos, amazing performance of playmaking. That is what made Fabregas world class, no disruptions of play. Ramsey would be close to world class if not for the injury, it put him 2 years back in my opinion.

I'm really worried he may not be able to do what he was doing before. He needs someone to be there to help him regain his confidence, not Wilshere, not Frimpong but an experienced midfielder like Fabregas... Oh wait.
Benry
Benry
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:55 pm

I wish I could save that video of Ramsey vs Olympiacos... that sums up what hes capable of.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down