REWB
Raptorgunner
bloodless
Twoism
Jay29
25 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The Summer Transfer Window Assessment - Page 3 Empty Re: The Summer Transfer Window Assessment

Post by El Gunner Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:48 am

6unner wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:

Top 4 finsih should be our goal.

Only at Arsenal is a top 4 finish considered an achievement.
Hate to be the downer but which of these does everyone actually think we are going to knock out of 4th?
Manu
Manc
Chelsea
Liverpool
I hope i'm not overreacting after the signings, but I think we have the balance in our team to finishing infront of Liverpool and Chelsea (yes). Our players juz needs to say fit and out of the medical room.

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

The Summer Transfer Window Assessment - Page 3 Empty Re: The Summer Transfer Window Assessment

Post by SUPERCARTTS Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:35 pm

usman111 wrote:i am hearing the financial fair play rules come in existence next season does that mean likes of city wont be able to participate despite finishing in top4 ?

No. It does not mean that. City owners have pwnede us all with their ingenious idea of getting family member to sponsor the team, financially, through another avenue. Worst form of ceating that I've seen sive Al Capone influenced the Baseball world series.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/8704973/Uefa-to-look-into-Manchester-Citys-sponsorship-deal-with-Etihad-Airways-and-Financial-Fair-Play-regulations.html
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:14 pm

JackWilshere Jack Wilshere
I am glad Arteta has signed for us! He was one of the best players I faced last season and was not looking forward to playing him again!
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:09 pm

If Yossi Benayoun can even produce half the stuff he does in this video, then he'd be a very shrewd peice of business.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:12 pm

Almunia won't be 3rd choice Jay, Mannone will be.

Wenger was desperate to lose almunia.

Szczesny

Sagna Mertesacker Vermaelen Santos

Arteta Song Wilshere

Walcott Van Persie Gervinho

Fabianski Koscielny Diaby Ramsey Arshavin Benayoun Park

^ Our first choice 18?

SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:14 pm

I actually forgot about Mannone. Embarassed

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:50 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Almunia won't be 3rd choice Jay, Mannone will be.

Wenger was desperate to lose almunia.

Szczesny

Sagna Mertesacker Vermaelen Santos

Arteta Song Wilshere

Walcott Van Persie Gervinho

Fabianski Koscielny Rosicky Ramsey Arshavin Benayoun Park

^ Our first choice 18?

Rosicky is much better than Diaby
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:55 pm

We royally f*cked up when we sold Cesc and Nasri so late, but we really made it up with yesterday's business.

Our defence is probably the strongest its been in the last couple of years now that we've got 2 SOLID central defenders. Obviously Arteta won't be able to replace Cesc's importance in the team, but he truly is the best player we could have got to replace him on such short notice. Ramsey is clearly not ready, and given Arteta's age, it gives Ramsey a chance to learn the ropes about the AMC role a bit more. There was just no chance we were going to get a world class player in the last 3 days of the window.

I wasn't keen on Benayoun, but at least he'll provide some competition for Arshavin, and give us alot more depth.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:16 pm

I'm extremely satisfied n happy with our transfers. salute wenger for getting the players we got in the end. he really did work his arse off ( credit to arteta for the final blow as well though )

Our defence is complete. Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Koscielny. 3 extremely good CB's

Santos is a very exciting player if you know what i mean. Gibbs as back up. sorted. Also to claims he is average at the back. Let him prove himself. Its all reports n pretty opinions.

Arteta. I have always been a huge fan. Hes an excellent player and probably one of the most creative out there. There is no point saying he is no cesc. He isnt one, and there ARE NO cesc's out there. Oezil is probably the closest one. We cant replace cesc but we can Get a completely new player in who will solve our creativity problem. Thats about it.

his freekicks will come in handy and so will his corners

Benayoun. He will solve our lack of options from the bench crisis. As well as our injury crisis when they do come during november time lol. He has played for liverpool n chelsea. No way he is an average player

ju- Cover for RVP. Looks to be a top player

mertesacker. Proven at the highest level. A real gooner. Slow but who cares when u have the positional sense like he does ?

------------------------Szczesny-----------------------------

Sagna--- Mertesacker----- Vermaelen----- Santos

-------------------------Song-----------------------------

--------Arteta------------------------Wilshere----------

Walcott---------- Van Persie-------------------Gervinho

Probably the most balanced team we have since ages. Quality at ever position.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:00 pm

Arteta is one of those on my lengthy list of favourite players. When I was younger I was actually a keen supporter of Rangers and Arteta was playing for them at that time. His performance for Everton just made me like him more.

I think a lot of fans will judge him by the standards that Cesc left but I echo the sentiment that you can't replace Cesc. Cesc is a once-in-a-generation talent that simply can't be replaced like-for-like.

Arteta brings a lot to our team. He'll be primarily used as our playmaker, I think, but he also brings a threat from long range and expertise on set-pieces.

Let's not forget either that during his time at Everton, the best he's had to work with is Louis Saha, who's always injured, Jermaine Beckford, James Beattie and Victor Anichebe. Compare that to Robin van Persie, Theo Walcott and Gervinho... one would think he'd do better.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:07 pm

i hope that frimpong can mature fast so he can replace song, idk im just not a fan of song, really dont like how he plays dm.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:00 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:I actually forgot about Mannone. Embarassed

he is still here ?? Laughing Laughing
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:22 pm

RealGunner wrote:I'm extremely satisfied n happy with our transfers. salute wenger for getting the players we got in the end. he really did work his arse off ( credit to arteta for the final blow as well though )

Our defence is complete. Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Koscielny. 3 extremely good CB's

Santos is a very exciting player if you know what i mean. Gibbs as back up. sorted. Also to claims he is average at the back. Let him prove himself. Its all reports n pretty opinions.

Arteta. I have always been a huge fan. Hes an excellent player and probably one of the most creative out there. There is no point saying he is no cesc. He isnt one, and there ARE NO cesc's out there. Oezil is probably the closest one. We cant replace cesc but we can Get a completely new player in who will solve our creativity problem. Thats about it.

his freekicks will come in handy and so will his corners

Benayoun. He will solve our lack of options from the bench crisis. As well as our injury crisis when they do come during november time lol. He has played for liverpool n chelsea. No way he is an average player

ju- Cover for RVP. Looks to be a top player

mertesacker. Proven at the highest level. A real gooner. Slow but who cares when u have the positional sense like he does ?

------------------------Szczesny-----------------------------

Sagna--- Mertesacker----- Vermaelen----- Santos

-------------------------Song-----------------------------

--------Arteta------------------------Wilshere----------

Walcott---------- Van Persie-------------------Gervinho

Probably the most balanced team we have since ages. Quality at ever position.

Santos has never impressed me ....Eboue in disguise but at least we have experienced cover in that position
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:32 pm

Benayoun is one of the most underrated players in the league during his time at Liverpool.He was one of our best players when we finished 2nd in 2008-09 season.And changed fair few goames for us coming from the bench too for us in his career.He struggled in 2009-10 but almost everyone in the team struggled that season.

He is certainly one of those players who will fit into the way Arsenal play if u know what i mean.I saw a couple of times him for Chelsea looked very sharp so dont think he exactly lost all his ability as some would say.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3