The Verminator
The Madrid One
Highburied
REWB
6unner
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Realistic pre and post mercato review Empty Realistic pre and post mercato review

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:28 pm

Goaltender - no change
RB - no change
CBs - Mertesacker is a big upgrade and needed quality.
LB - Clichy > Santos. But we'll see how Santos plays at Arsenal.
DM - No change
B2B - No change
CAM - Huge dropoff with Cesc transfer. Ramsey, Benny and Arteta are nowhere near his quality.
LW - Nasri>Gervinho although Gervinho is pretty good. But to be honest, you didn't have every elite EPL club killing themselves to buy Gervinho like they did for Nasri. So there is a gap there. Gervinho is more of a pure winger while Nasri has a lot more variety to his game.
RW - No change
CF - No change

Honestly, the Cesc deal and the fact that we didn't replace him at all is going to kill Arsenal this year. Other than that, i don't see much of a difference.

Back to top Go down

Realistic pre and post mercato review Empty Re: Realistic pre and post mercato review

Post by 6unner Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:32 pm

sportsczy wrote:Goaltender - no change
RB - no change
DM - No change
B2B - No change
CAM - Huge dropoff with Cesc transfer. Ramsey, Benny and Arteta are nowhere near his quality.
LW - Nasri>Gervinho although Gervinho is pretty good. But to be honest, you didn't have every elite EPL club killing themselves to buy Gervinho like they did for Nasri. So there is a gap there. Gervinho is more of a pure winger while Nasri has a lot more variety to his game.
RW - No change
CF - No change

Honestly, the Cesc deal and the fact that we didn't replace him at all is going to kill Arsenal this year. Other than that, i don't see much of a difference.

Mertesacker our best singing, the rest of them meh we will see. we are a weaker team though.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Realistic pre and post mercato review Empty Re: Realistic pre and post mercato review

Post by REWB Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:15 am

RB - no change
DM - No change
B2B - No change
RW - No change
CF - No change

arsenal are not your first team, and some of your comments kinda show it. lol

nasri is not as good as yo think, trust me, he was more flashy but gervinho can do just as good, and has more end product.

cesc can never be replace not for a long time, martin (or anyone avaliable) would also be know were near as good as cesc also, we were always going to be hit hard with cecs going.

CF has been improved a lot, everyone who is an arsenal fan knows we NEEDED a replacement for rvp, we have that now in park.

cb position has improved with merte

DM position has improved as frimpong is like a new signing and gives us depth.

clichy is a bit better defender then santos but thats it, offensively santos owns him big time and defensively he is not that bad.

so really, yes we have lost cesc which is a big blow but we have also addressed serious issues of depth thaat were there last season, and we now have more depth then last season. so id say we have improved, not everyone has to have a cesc to win things.

REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:21 am

I dont get it...

We sign 5 experienced players and we are a weaker team??

Give me a *bleep* break.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:25 am

clichy > santos
fabregas> anything you got on mid
nasri> gervinho

you are weaker in mid stronger in defense, but overall since you never really even knew how to use your team when fabregas was there, i hope you are a much more balanced team now, without any worry of the 2 that left bothering you.

if you dont learn from the spanking you get then its gonna get uglier, it will be interesting to see if arsenal hit back hard.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:28 am

Dunno if Nasri>Gervinho. He wasn't consistent enough. Plus considering we are now going back to direct, fast counter attacking style of play..Gerv suits us better
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:45 am

highburied wrote:I dont get it...

We sign 5 experienced players and we are a weaker team??

Give me a *bleep* break.

That what I am saying, how did we get weaker, lol.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:53 am

Does anybody else think that Arteta and RVP will form a killer understanding with each other?
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:24 am

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:
RB - no change
DM - No change
B2B - No change
RW - No change
CF - No change

arsenal are not your first team, and some of your comments kinda show it. lol

nasri is not as good as yo think, trust me, he was more flashy but gervinho can do just as good, and has more end product.

cesc can never be replace not for a long time, martin (or anyone avaliable) would also be know were near as good as cesc also, we were always going to be hit hard with cecs going.

CF has been improved a lot, everyone who is an arsenal fan knows we NEEDED a replacement for rvp, we have that now in park.

cb position has improved with merte

DM position has improved as frimpong is like a new signing and gives us depth.

clichy is a bit better defender then santos but thats it, offensively santos owns him big time and defensively he is not that bad.

so really, yes we have lost cesc which is a big blow but we have also addressed serious issues of depth thaat were there last season, and we now have more depth then last season. so id say we have improved, not everyone has to have a cesc to win things.

agreed. But clichy isnt that much better defensivley. He had zero tactical awarness and was beat lots one on one. His quickness covered thta a lot. But he was prone to the "mental" ,mistakes and that was always a worry.

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:58 am

Y Nasri is so highly rated..?
He had some amazing individual moments.. But he had it only for 6 months in his 3 year career.. And is less of a squad player...
So i dont think replacing Nasri with Gervinho is a downgrade...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:00 am

& Clichy too.. I never thought he was amazing... Good player.. Thats all.. And i dont see him going as a loss like Cesc.. So waiting to see Santos in games and may be it will turn better for us..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:12 am

sportsczy there aren't many people around in the world that can match or even better Cesc???? and we have the closest thing to him in EPL....withas much experince and two youngester who would possibly be as good as Cesc in the future to add to Depth
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:16 am

We had the second best mid last year but a shit defense , but now we are more balanced. We will win more. this is a good team to build your foundation on.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:36 am

The Madrid One wrote:clichy > santos
nasri> gervinho

you are weaker in mid stronger in defense, but overall since you never really even knew how to use your team when fabregas was there, i hope you are a much more balanced team now, without any worry of the 2 that left bothering you.

if you dont learn from the spanking you get then its gonna get uglier, it will be interesting to see if arsenal hit back hard.

you are so arrogant smh lol, I bet whatever you haven't even watch Nasri when he was on fire
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:44 am

My point is that you replaced clichy (as I said, hard to say if Santos is better or worse until you see him perform at arsenal. I was underwhelmed watching him with brazil), replaced a gamemacking winger with a pure winger (I don't like Nasri that much either; but we need to see past our hate. He's a very good and young player), didn't replace Cesc obviously and got a solid CB. The rest are meh depth players and will have minimal impact for arsenal since they will hopefully not play.

To me... Arsenal is just not as strong as last year in terrms of starting 11. I'm not factoring injuries and suspensions here because you can't predict those.

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:50 am

ali8775 wrote:
The Madrid One wrote:clichy > santos
nasri> gervinho

you are so arrogant smh lol, I bet whatever you haven't even watch Nasri when he was on fire

I agree. I have no idea where this arrogance has come from but he really needs to be taken down a step.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:56 am

sportsczy wrote:My point is that you replaced clichy (as I said, hard to say if Santos is better or worse until you see him perform at arsenal. I was underwhelmed watching him with brazil), replaced a gamemacking winger with a pure winger (I don't like Nasri that much either; but we need to see past our hate. He's a very good and young player), didn't replace Cesc obviously and got a solid CB. The rest are meh depth players and will have minimal impact for arsenal since they will hopefully not play.

To me... Arsenal is just not as strong as last year in terrms of starting 11. I'm not factoring injuries and suspensions here because you can't predict those.

the defence is 10x better , the attack is more lethal imo , Walcott just improved and RVP is more fit now, Gervinho is wicked , the only thing I ever saw Nasri create was Arsha's goal against Barcelona, and he almost *bleep* that up smh, Gervinho has shown he can assist AND score! He created more goals for RVP since he came then Nasri has in 2 years lol , only the midfield suffered because it's near impossible to replace Fabregas, come on let's be honest but we replaced him with the nearest thing
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:22 am

Im not sure if Arsenal is in such a bad shape. This is a bit like comparing two teams by their 1st eleven, and deciding which is better. Obviously it doesnt work like that.

They improved the depth in the CB area, good plus. Do we know that Clichy was better than Andre Santos, it doesnt look obvious to me.

Also, i disagree with the claim that Nasri>Gervinho. Gervinho left france at a much better level than Nasri and like so many mentioned here, he put in numbers. It's about how effective Gervinho will be in a role Wenger designed for him. He can very much become a more influential attacking outlet for Arsenal than Nasri was.

Overall, Arsenal is going to change, because you simply cant replace Fabregas. the role of the AM will be modified to fit the playing style of the new players, and i precisely expect arsenal to play a lot more through their wingers to create separation and assists.

Naturally, they are taking a step back by selling all those core players, and that's the reason they wont be as good as they used to be. No matter how the team is restructured, they will go through some growing pains to get used to each other, learn tendencies, adapt to the modified tactical scheme etc...

The only real issue i raise is leadership. Someone is going to have to guide arsenal through those difficult times.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:28 am

I think a Mertesacker-Vermaelen partnership is the strongest in the league behind Vidic-Ferdinand, on paper. Sagna is always a beast. Santos might be the weakness, but he's solid enough. Our defense just went up a level. Koscielny is a solid player, Djourou if he finds his form is also good. Miquel a good prospect. Gibbs is a decent backup, Jenkinson if he gets his shit together is a good defender, at least. If we didn't sell Eboue we'd have a beast defense.

Our midfield is noticably weaker, yeah, on paper. But because of Fabregas leaving. Nasri as stated, isn't really THAT much of a good player that he takes us to the next level or something. Gervinho is awesome, Walcott if he avoids injuries can be great. I have not seen AOC yet to be able to judge him. Now, what I like is that we have more depth than before. Sure, Fabregas left, but at least we have the best thing that's not him in Arteta. We also have an experienced backup in Benayoun. Ramsey of course, can also play here until he's ready. Frimpong covers for Song, Ramsey can also cover for Wilshere. Diaby can play here if he ever recovers.

So now we don't have to play untested kids anymore, we actually have experience on the bench! Might not be as good as a superstar signing, but definitely more practical.

Up front, VP will always be untouchable apart from injuries, and yeah, we've lost Bendtner but we have Park who can also play on the wings, so no more Bendtner on the f'ing wings, thank god. Chamakh is there as emergency or if he ever finds a semblance of form.

Basically:
Defense: MUCH improved
Midfield: A small step backwards in quality, but more depth and experience
Attack: The same, but with a new dynamic player in Park
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by since1996 Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:02 am

people who are so critical are pathetic. we already had depth but wat we needed is a squad. these new signings are perfect to bolster our squads and give a new dimension to our squad. who did u want us to buy? ouezil? fabregas?messi? comeon. we dont have to be so critical.

Nasri > Gervinho????????not even. nasri is skillful yes bt gervinho is productive.
Clichy > Santos???lets be serious. clichy wasnt that good. decent player though.Santo is good going forward and is good defensively as well
Per is just world class. a miles better than djorou
Arteta....its just unfortunate that he was being overworked at everton bt ths guy is a genius. think abt this, wilshere next 2 him and van persie upfront. thats deadly.
we all know how hard working these asian are so Chu Young Park is like a combination of Ashley Young and manchester's Park, no pun intended. they have their Young we also have ours, they have their Park we also have ours.
since1996
since1996
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:37 am

Sushi Master wrote:I think a Mertesacker-Vermaelen partnership is the strongest in the league behind Vidic-Ferdinand, on paper. Sagna is always a beast. Santos might be the weakness, but he's solid enough. Our defense just went up a level. Koscielny is a solid player, Djourou if he finds his form is also good. Miquel a good prospect. Gibbs is a decent backup, Jenkinson if he gets his shit together is a good defender, at least. If we didn't sell Eboue we'd have a beast defense.

Our midfield is noticably weaker, yeah, on paper. But because of Fabregas leaving. Nasri as stated, isn't really THAT much of a good player that he takes us to the next level or something. Gervinho is awesome, Walcott if he avoids injuries can be great. I have not seen AOC yet to be able to judge him. Now, what I like is that we have more depth than before. Sure, Fabregas left, but at least we have the best thing that's not him in Arteta. We also have an experienced backup in Benayoun. Ramsey of course, can also play here until he's ready. Frimpong covers for Song, Ramsey can also cover for Wilshere. Diaby can play here if he ever recovers.

So now we don't have to play untested kids anymore, we actually have experience on the bench! Might not be as good as a superstar signing, but definitely more practical.

Up front, VP will always be untouchable apart from injuries, and yeah, we've lost Bendtner but we have Park who can also play on the wings, so no more Bendtner on the f'ing wings, thank god. Chamakh is there as emergency or if he ever finds a semblance of form.

Basically:
Defense: MUCH improved
Midfield: A small step backwards in quality, but more depth and experience
Attack: The same, but with a new dynamic player in Park

Sushi, it's always a pleasure to read your posts
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:37 am

If Gervinho was as good as Nasri, you would have had Chelsea, Man City and Man U (not to mention all the foreign leagues) offer over 20 million for him... which is what happened to Nasri. But as it stood, the best offer he had was from Arsenal at 10.5 million.

Lille is not the type to give away talent either... they will go for a bidding war if at all possible.

Nasri is obviously much more highly regarded because he is kind of unique. He's a winger that has AM skills and can score. His range of skills is much wider than Gervinho.

So until proven otherwise Nasri > Gervinho.

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:27 pm

I agree with Sportsczhy dude, according to what I've seen so far
Nasri > Gervinho.

Gervinho's main weapon seems to be his quickness and movement whereas Nasri has better technique and vision plus playmaking. Both type of players can be deadly, but Nasri-type players are able to support their team better whereas Gervinho-type players are at their best when teammates do the hardest work (keeping possession, creating chances) and a gervinho can finish it off.

Although I have to say I haven't seen enough of Gervinho to completely judge him yet. Anyway, if / when Arsenal are able to dominate possession and create chances, I'm sure Gervinho will be your man. In tougher games you might miss Nasri.

Santos, well, if you're 28 and the biggest club you've played for is Fenerbache / Corinthians you probably aren't going to blow off everyone's mind when joining a top BPL side, but certainly an improvement to Arsenal's current LB choices.

Mertesacker <3
I'm delighted he's in the BPL now.

Arteta should do fine, Benayoun's form is the biggest question mark ever, but Fabregas - together or alone - they are not.

Anyway, I believe Arsenal managed to thwart a collapse from last season's level with these signings and it certainly will be very interesting for neutrals and Gunners alike to see how this much altered team will do. Good luck.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:31 pm

But Nasri's such an inconsistent bastard :L
He just had one brilliant half-season, and then he hid into the shadows again.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:34 pm

sportsczy wrote:If Gervinho was as good as Nasri, you would have had Chelsea, Man City and Man U (not to mention all the foreign leagues) offer over 20 million for him... which is what happened to Nasri. But as it stood, the best offer he had was from Arsenal at 10.5 million.

Lille is not the type to give away talent either... they will go for a bidding war if at all possible.

Nasri is obviously much more highly regarded because he is kind of unique. He's a winger that has AM skills and can score. His range of skills is much wider than Gervinho.

So until proven otherwise Nasri > Gervinho.

I disagree mate, it's impossible to tell what each club scouting department was up to. first, Gervinho was in his last year, so the price is fitting. Nasri, being already in EPL and after the flashy half season, had significantly higher reputation, as opposed to Gervinho. Navas is a gem of a player, we all know it, but teams arent rushing to get him, just like Silva the summer we lost him, i dont recall teams having a bidding war for him.

I agree that his style is different from Gervinho, but at the end of the day, we arent looking at their abilities sheet. Gervinho can become much more productive than Nasri was in Arsenal new team, even if the players are of a different type.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum