eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Barcelona v AC Milan Empty Re: Barcelona v AC Milan

Post by TheRedStag Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:24 am

I envy myself.

This trip has been a long time coming for me.

Absolutely made up right now!
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:11 am

Wow, you're really lucky, congrats man, have fun cheers

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:28 pm

Congrats man! Bring pictures back Very Happy
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:37 pm

I read that Ibra again had some nasty things to say.
He just wont shut up will he,the worm.
Hope Busquets breaks his leg,worthless piece of garbage.

On topic enjoy the game man.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:59 pm

Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:Just bought two tickets.

Dee-*bleep*-lighted!!! cheers

The other one for me? Razz

haha have a wonderful trip iam sure you will enjoy it Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:10 pm

Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:Just bought two tickets.

Dee-*bleep*-lighted!!! cheers

I am so jelly right now.

HAVE FUN!!!!
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:08 pm

alexjanosik wrote:I read that Ibra again had some nasty things to say.
He just wont shut up will he,the worm.
Hope Busquets breaks his leg,worthless piece of garbage.

On topic enjoy the game man.

Wrong here Alex Smile

The Swedish striker left the Camp Nou to move to current club AC Milan in acrimonious circumstances, after falling out with the Catalan side's man in charge in August 2010.

Despite this, the Scandinavian attacker has praised his former boss, especially given the 40-year-old's successful record with the European champions.

"Barca are the best team in the world. I already knew [that] when I got there, and when I left. What happened, happened. Guardiola is a fantastic trainer, the problems between us were different," the Malmo-born man told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

Barcelona and Milan have been drawn together in Group H of the Champions League, and the 29-year-old is confident of progression despite having to face the tournament holders.

"Think of today. Guardiola is doing well at Barcelona, and me too. We must move forward and not look back. Milan are strong and we are still growing. We [have] made good signings and I hope they can adapt well in the group," he concluded.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:55 pm

Yeah, some pretty good comments from Ibra. Good to see and certaintly the right attitude.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:27 am

Puyol has endured a difficult five months after originally injuring his left knee against Racing Santander back in January.

Puyol did return mid-April, where he played against bitter rivals Real Madrid three times in a fortnight, but the Spanish international had to undergo surgery after the club defeated Manchester United in the Champions League final on May 28 - a game in which the defender made a late cameo.

The 33-year-old resumed training earlier this week but is not expected to be fit in time for the Catalan club's next Liga fixture against Real Sociedad on September 10, but should be available for the match against Milan at home.

Puyol made his debut for Barcelona in September 1999 against Valladolid and has won 17 major honours with the team.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:41 pm

My preferred line-up for this game: Valdes - Alves - Mascherano - Puyol - Abidal - Xavi - Busquets - Fabregas - Pedro - Messi - Iniesta

Bench: Pinto, Maxwell, Adriano, Keita, Thiago, Afellay, Villa

Fontas out of match 18. Pique won't be fit. Pedro and Villa are both in awful form, I don't think we should start both of them in this game, Cesc is very good lately and deserves to start this IMO. If Keita plays at DM and Busquets as CB Keita love will reach new size. If Puyol will start from the bench, then I want Abidal as CB and Adriano LB. Please no Fontas or Busquets as CB and no Keita as DM.
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:52 pm

My preferred lineup. I am not sure if Puyol should start given his physical condition but the rest of the lineup for me should be standard Barca. Given the circumstances and after all the experimentation, I want to see the 'typical' Barcelona once again.

Valdes
D.Alves Puyol/Mascherano Abidal Adriano
Xavi Busquets Iniesta
Pedro Messi Villa

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:50 pm

I dont think at all its a good idea to play Cesc and Iniesta, with Iniesta as a forward vs Milan. Doesnt make sense to me.

They play 4312 with 4 men in midfield who all play centerally. They never have less then 3 players protecting the center of the pitch in front of the defence.

So, Iniesta who is known for playing on the left and failing to stay there isnt a smart move. He will come inside both with and without the ball and take up space which is already not there. The space is going to be wide, it makes sense to use it and stretch them out.

I would play Villa and Pedro, with Villa on the right and Pedro on the left if playing the usually 433.

Actually, I personally would play 343 again, this is another perfect game for it.

2 strikers and they have even less width then Villarreal.

If anyone bothered to watch their game on Friday, you would of noted that I believe and you also would of noted how badly protected both fullbacks are and how both goals came from a player having time and space on the leftside as the fullback (Antonini) got overloaded down that side.

Here is the zonalmarking take on it for anyone who didnt watch it.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2011/09/10/milan-2-2-lazio-danger-down-the-flanks/

Anyway, I know everyone these days is afraid of the 3 at the back formations, I actually like them in the right situations and I think Milan are perfectly suited to using it against.

Inter dominated them in the first half of the early season cup game with a similar formation. Stupidly, dispite dominated the Inter coach changed it and they fell apart.

Here is the zonalmarking on that.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2011/08/10/milan-2-1-inter-super-cup-2011/
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabea Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:07 pm

The Franchise wrote:I dont think at all its a good idea to play Cesc and Iniesta, with Iniesta as a forward vs Milan. Doesnt make sense to me.

They play 4312 with 4 men in midfield who all play centerally. They never have less then 3 players protecting the center of the pitch in front of the defence.

So, Iniesta who is known for playing on the left and failing to stay there isnt a smart move. He will come inside both with and without the ball and take up space which is already not there. The space is going to be wide, it makes sense to use it and stretch them out.

I would play Villa and Pedro, with Villa on the right and Pedro on the left if playing the usually 433.

Actually, I personally would play 343 again, this is another perfect game for it.

2 strikers and they have even less width then Villarreal.

If anyone bothered to watch their game on Friday, you would of noted that I believe and you also would of noted how badly protected both fullbacks are and how both goals came from a player having time and space on the leftside as the fullback (Antonini) got overloaded down that side.

Here is the zonalmarking take on it for anyone who didnt watch it.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2011/09/10/milan-2-2-lazio-danger-down-the-flanks/

Anyway, I know everyone these days is afraid of the 3 at the back formations, I actually like them in the right situations and I think Milan are perfectly suited to using it against.

Inter dominated them in the first half of the early season cup game with a similar formation. Stupidly, dispite dominated the Inter coach changed it and they fell apart.

Here is the zonalmarking on that.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2011/08/10/milan-2-1-inter-super-cup-2011/

It's a fact that Antonino (LB) is our weakest link, however if Zamb plays; the defense is nearly unbreakable.
Abate Silva Nesta is truly one of the best defenses (if not the best) out there, moving KPB to LCM would help as he would provide the pace if Zambrotta plays, or moving the new defensive midfielder to LCM would provide the necessary defensive display to protect the LB.

Ibrahomovic will do it's best to humilate Barcelona after his problems their, and with the pace of either of Pato or Robinho (or both) and the creativity of Cassano, it'll be a big problem for the back four.

Aquilani is highly skilled on the ball and his long range passes are deadly if he scratches Barcelona wide, and Van Bommel needs no introduction, one of the best defensive players out there.

I would not underestimate AC Milan at all, if they had their day, they could come out with a convincing win over a fully fit and fully strength Barcelona side.

Rabea
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:14 pm

Boateng-Van Bommel-Aquilani
---------Cassano----------------
------Pato---------Ibra------------
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:41 am

I decieded to rewatch the first half of the Inter-Milan game, just to see how Inters 3511 type formation operated and what we can take from it.

Personally, I saw Obi and Zannetti useless in terms of defending. They were wingbacks on paper, but because Milan have no wing threat they had no specific opponant to defend.

They had the most time on the ball and they were often found further then the entire midfield because of Milan's narrowness invited them forward.

Here was Inter formation

.[img]Barcelona v AC Milan 82766890[/img]

Because as I said above, the Inter wingbacks werent needed defensively and then add our possession play, I would change the formation to look like this.

Barcelona v AC Milan 223357_F_C__Barcelona

Interchangable parts in there.

Puyol might not be ready, so send Busquets back and play Keita in the midfield.

Villa and Pedro is a toss up out wide, Villa started sub on the weekend I assume to start vs Milan so thats the logic there.

Looks and sounds (3511 v 343) different, but in actual fact it is pretty much the same in possession due to the factors I explained above.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:53 am

Rabea wrote:

It's a fact that Antonino (LB) is our weakest link, however if Zamb plays; the defense is nearly unbreakable.
Abate Silva Nesta is truly one of the best defenses (if not the best) out there, moving KPB to LCM would help as he would provide the pace if Zambrotta plays, or moving the new defensive midfielder to LCM would provide the necessary defensive display to protect the LB.

Ibrahomovic will do it's best to humilate Barcelona after his problems their, and with the pace of either of Pato or Robinho (or both) and the creativity of Cassano, it'll be a big problem for the back four.

Aquilani is highly skilled on the ball and his long range passes are deadly if he scratches Barcelona wide, and Van Bommel needs no introduction, one of the best defensive players out there.

I would not underestimate AC Milan at all, if they had their day, they could come out with a convincing win over a fully fit and fully strength Barcelona side.

Unbreakable lol

Thiago Silva and Nesta had a nightmare, Nesta was turned inside and out by Klose. Hardly unbreakable.

Antonini might be your weaklink, but he didnt do anything wrong and Lazio. Its not his fault he had to defend 2 players by himself. And newflash, Zambrotta isnt in his prime anymore.

Your saying move KPB to leftcenter to give him cover, but he is injured as I saw vs Lazio. Even if he made a comeback, he would be busy trying to help the midfield vs Xavi, Iniesta and Messi otherwise your outnumbered there. he cant be two places at once.

Those strikers you named are real threats, however if you have only 30% of the ball, they will have very little chance to show it.

Aqua is good on the ball, when given time and space. He has never faced pressing like ours, he wont get the time he is used to. I would be quite pleased if he is playing.

Van Bommell is fantastic and I think he will do well, he has the skills and personality for this game.

I dont see anyone understimating Milan at all, just pointing out their obvious flaws.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:49 pm

Ibra is out for tomorrow
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:59 pm

RealGunner wrote:Ibra is out for tomorrow

Your news reporting skills are slacking RG Razz

Robinho is out aswell Wink
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:08 pm

Ibra faked to avoid playing in camp nou lulz
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:43 pm

Champions League (matchday #1):
Tuesday, 13 September, 2011
FCBarcelona vs ACMilan @8:45PM Barcelona Time!

~ Stats ~

~ FCBarcelona played 11 matches vs ACMilan (4W, 3D, 4L), Scored 14 goals & conceeded 14.

~ @Home (Camp Nou)
FCBarcelona played 5 matches vs ACMilan (2W, 2D, 1L), Scored 8 goals & conceeded 5.

~ Biggest Win:
FCBarcelona 5 -1 ACMilan " Camp Nou" , European Cup 1959/1960 (Round of 16)

~ Victor Valdes played 4 matches vs ACMilan (2W, 1D, 1L; 2 clean sheets), conceeded 2 goals scored by Shevchenko.

~ Last match between Barca & ACMilan @ Camp Nou ended 0-0! ( Champions League, Semi-final 2nd leg).. Barca Qualified 1-0 agg..
Valdes Puyol & Iniesta played in that match, Van Bommel was a Barca player in that season..on the other hand, Gattuso & Seedorf played for ACMilan
------------------

~ FCBarcelona played 159 Champions League matches since 1992 (89W, 42D, 28L) scored 306 Goals & conceeded 159.

`Note:
- RealMadrid Record in Champions League (89W, 34D, 40L)
- Man Utd Record in CL: (96W, 45D, 35L)

~ Since 1992/1993 (Champions League era): Barca made 15 CL appearances, played 10 Quarter-Fs, 8 Semi-Fs, 4Finals & won 3 CL.

~ In the 38 CL games that Guardiola has coached, Barcelona have scored 82 goals and won 22 of them 12D and 4L.
-------------------

~ Lionel Messi Played 57 Champions League Matches (including 50 starts), scored 37 goals & made 14 assists.

~ Lionel Messi scored (57) Goals including (18) goals in the knockout stage (CL Record joined by Raul).

~ The CL match against AC Milan tomorrow will be Messi's 275th official game for Barcelona.
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:19 pm

‎`Official Squad for ACMilan clash:Pique & Alexis Out, Puyol IN
Valdés, Pinto, Alves, Fàbregas, Puyol, Xavi, Villa, Iniesta, Messi, Thiago, Mascherano, Keita, Sergio, Pedro, Maxwell, Afellay, Adriano, Abidal and Fontàs.

http://www.fcbarcelona.cat/web/catala/noticies/futbol/temporada11-12/09/12/n110912119198.html
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:00 pm

With no Ibra
We may to change our formation from 4312 to 911

lol jk

Pato may be isolated if we stick with the one striker but if Seedorf or Aquilani can provide the right service, I'm sure Pato's pace will allow him to find some space to exploit on the pitch
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:47 am

Barcelona v AC Milan 1315859666811

Mascherano - Puyol expected to start... oh dear.

Other than that it's good to see the strongest eleven play.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next