Are You Attending Any Football game this season?

+23
milanfan7
mr-r34
Kick
Zealous
DagenhamDave
xabi
RedAndWhiteArmy
Abramovich
spanky
Ali
billy_gr
dostoevsky
Red Alert
chinomaster182
Sushi Master
Serge Gnabry
Swanhends
white_star
B-Mac
fatman123
Ganso
Guiltybystander
pUsHa
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Are You Attending Any Football game this season? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are You Attending Any Football game this season?

Post by Red Alert Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:43 am

Please. They never wanted us to win ever. Razz

We always seem to beat them in finals though. Never in the home and away season though. Be a great game for neutrals.

Awesome mod. :coffee:

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Are You Attending Any Football game this season? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are You Attending Any Football game this season?

Post by fatman123 Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:48 am

ynwa wrote:I'm in Melbourne, where no one hardly cares about the NRL. Razz

its so sad that that statment is true, theyre the best team in the comp in a city where nobdy cares about them
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:01 am

thinking about attending to Olympiacos vs Arsenal
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:10 am

might get tickets for Arsenal vs Chelsea, Liverpool, and Spurs at home.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by spanky Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:22 pm

i might go to the milan derby myself actually, my friends are mostly inter / milan fans and asked me if i wanted to go the other day, milan is only 4 hours away so its doable. obviously i would rather go to barcelona but its twice the distance as milan is and im a little short on money atm.
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:30 pm

Sure thing if I hit the 15 mark or so I'll be happy.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by RedAndWhiteArmy Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:35 pm

Going to Hartlepool-Exeter game today as I am a season ticket holder.
Might see two or three Sunderland games as well.
RedAndWhiteArmy
RedAndWhiteArmy
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:08 pm

Maybe I'll watch a Real Madrid game this year, never accually been to Santiago Bernabeu. Would love to watch a game there for real.
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by DagenhamDave Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:23 pm

i'l be a regular at the london borough of barking and dagenham stadium cheering on Dagenham and Redbridge fc, my local team i live less than a mile from the stadium.
DagenhamDave
DagenhamDave
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:37 pm

Might go to a United or City game at some point.

Especially if Madrid come to town :coffee:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:38 pm

Considering I am saving for england, unlikely I will see any games but I will try to see some over the next few years.

As for matches in aus, I would rather start supporting Arsenal, Liverpool and Man u than watch the "A League"
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:28 pm

kick mars wrote:Considering I am saving for england, unlikely I will see any games but I will try to see some over the next few years.

As for matches in aus, I would rather start supporting Arsenal, Liverpool and Man u than watch the "A League"

LOL typical response. No wonder the league wont grow.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:17 pm

mr-r34 wrote:
kick mars wrote:Considering I am saving for england, unlikely I will see any games but I will try to see some over the next few years.

The League would grow if they got better players, adelaide united couldn't hold on to their best player, who in my books was very average. The league needs a powerhouse, Eg united, galaxy, madrid. To spend big and bring some players who will improve the fan base, Kewell is a start but if we could get someone like Anelka, Keane, santa cruz, grosso, then the league would get a large improvement in it's fan base, robbie fowler doesn't cut it. You need the players if you want the fans. You can't hope to improve the league by bringing fans then the players, why do you think all the soccerroo's managers choose overseas players over a league players? The A league sucks!
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:50 pm

kick mars wrote:
mr-r34 wrote:

The League would grow if they got better players, adelaide united couldn't hold on to their best player, who in my books was very average. The league needs a powerhouse, Eg united, galaxy, madrid. To spend big and bring some players who will improve the fan base, Kewell is a start but if we could get someone like Anelka, Keane, santa cruz, grosso, then the league would get a large improvement in it's fan base, robbie fowler doesn't cut it. You need the players if you want the fans. You can't hope to improve the league by bringing fans then the players, why do you think all the soccerroo's managers choose overseas players over a league players? The A league sucks!

the salary cap says hello

fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:55 pm

LA galaxy say hello, they too have a salary cap.

Look, I know it's hard to do but without better players the league won't improve.

Unless one club comes across a wonderkid who isn't influenced by money.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by milanfan7 Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:46 pm

Derby Della madonina second leg,unless we meet arsenal in the cl,then I'll cancel my derby trip and go see the Milan-arsenal game:D
milanfan7
milanfan7
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:23 pm

Hopefully some national team games here.

Dont know if its this season, but when Italy come I will definately see them.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:33 am

kick mars wrote:LA galaxy say hello, they too have a salary cap.

Look, I know it's hard to do but without better players the league won't improve.

no body in Astrlalia is rich enough to bring in marquee signings AND want to buy an A-league side, all the rich fellas eg Russel Crow, Nick Politis, Eddie McGuire all have stakes in rugby league/AFL teams and its going to be along time till some that rich buys a stake in an a-league side
when the MLS was established there was a high demand for it and there were plenty of rich people ready to pur money in the clubs, when the A-League was bought in, the general population couldnt careless about it and there wasnt anyone willing to pour millions into a club, and thats why teams arent owned by multi-millionares like Europe andhe US play infront of a capcity crowd of 1500 people who watch a standard of tallent < Ajax's under 15s side
also in the MLS you get three players who are exemplt from the salary cap where as the a-league only gives one atm beckham and im not sure who else take those spots for the Galaxy, used to Juan Pablo and the Red Bulls use it to keep Henry and Marquez under the cap and anyway, in Aus most teams a. dont use these marquee players and b. cant afford to use the whole cap anyway
and the closest thing the a-league has had as far as a winderkid is concerened was Tommy Oar, and the Roar shpped him off at the first chance they got
on the whole the a-league was borought in without enough demand for it, its owners arent rich enough to make Galaxy esque signings, its run by a bunch of clown like that idiot who runs the mariners (i think) and who lets no more then 3000 people into home games, Australia is too far from the "footballing world" (europe and south america) to be even looked at as a footballing nation and even on the national stage we havent been looked at as threat since we the 06 world cup which just happens to be the last tim we had a competant coach in charge of the NT
and really who takes us seriously when our NT is caled the SOCCERoos and our domestic teams are all "F.C" (football club)
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:40 am

fatman123 wrote:

no body in Astrlalia is rich enough to bring in marquee signings AND want to buy an A-league side, all the rich fellas eg Russel Crow, Nick Politis, Eddie McGuire all have stakes in rugby league/AFL teams and its going to be along time till some that rich buys a stake in an a-league side
when the MLS was established there was a high demand for it and there were plenty of rich people ready to pur money in the clubs, when the A-League was bought in, the general population couldnt careless about it and there wasnt anyone willing to pour millions into a club, and thats why teams arent owned by multi-millionares like Europe andhe US play infront of a capcity crowd of 1500 people who watch a standard of tallent < Ajax's under 15s side
also in the MLS you get three players who are exemplt from the salary cap where as the a-league only gives one atm beckham and im not sure who else take those spots for the Galaxy, used to Juan Pablo and the Red Bulls use it to keep Henry and Marquez under the cap and anyway, in Aus most teams a. dont use these marquee players and b. cant afford to use the whole cap anyway
and the closest thing the a-league has had as far as a winderkid is concerened was Tommy Oar, and the Roar shpped him off at the first chance they got
on the whole the a-league was borought in without enough demand for it, its owners arent rich enough to make Galaxy esque signings, its run by a bunch of clown like that idiot who runs the mariners (i think) and who lets no more then 3000 people into home games, Australia is too far from the "footballing world" (europe and south america) to be even looked at as a footballing nation and even on the national stage we havent been looked at as threat since we the 06 world cup which just happens to be the last tim we had a competant coach in charge of the NT
and really who takes us seriously when our NT is caled the SOCCERoos and our domestic teams are all "F.C" (football club)

In summation, the A league was a stupid idea because of the AFL, NRL and cricket dominence. Like I said, they need a magical player if they want the league to grow.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:45 am

kick mars wrote:
fatman123 wrote:

In summation, the A league was a stupid idea because of the AFL, NRL and cricket dominence. Like I said, they need a magical player if they want the league to grow.

IMO in 20yrs max all the teams in the a-league will end up in the same competition the Fury play in
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:01 am

Sunderland V Chelsea next week hopefully
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Paprika Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:57 am

Going to watch a Real Madrid game in like january or something when i got some time over from my studies.
Paprika
Paprika
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:02 am

ali8775 wrote:might get tickets for Arsenal vs Chelsea, Liverpool, and Spurs at home.

You live in England :?: Suspect
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2