Carvalho: I quit Portugal because I couldn't stand my team-mate Pepe being picked ahead of me

+20
EarlyPrototype
Ganso
buddytaller
Zealous
Jack Daniels
Art Morte
The Madrid One
Lord Spencer
El Chelsea Fuerte
BeautifulGame
Pedram
The Franchise
Omniscient
zarola
Babun
Mr Nick09
Le Samourai
guest7
che
BarrileteCosmico
24 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Carvalho: I quit Portugal because I couldn't stand my team-mate Pepe being picked ahead of me - Page 2 Empty Re: Carvalho: I quit Portugal because I couldn't stand my team-mate Pepe being picked ahead of me

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:16 am

Chiellini > Pepe :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Carvalho: I quit Portugal because I couldn't stand my team-mate Pepe being picked ahead of me - Page 2 Empty Re: Carvalho: I quit Portugal because I couldn't stand my team-mate Pepe being picked ahead of me

Post by zarola Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:28 am

sciacca wrote:Chiellini > Pepe :coffee:
🐘
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:35 am

sciacca wrote:Chiellini > Pepe Carvalho: I quit Portugal because I couldn't stand my team-mate Pepe being picked ahead of me - Page 2 2859867778
What does that have to do with anything?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:37 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
sciacca wrote:Chiellini > Pepe Carvalho: I quit Portugal because I couldn't stand my team-mate Pepe being picked ahead of me - Page 2 2859867778

Aguia said along time ago Caravallo was better than Chiellini, I'm just waiting to what he has to say to this, and by the way I meant to say Carav not Pepe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniscient Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:44 am

sciacca wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Aguia said along time ago Caravallo was better than Chiellini, I'm just waiting to what he has to say to this, and by the way I meant to say Carav not Pepe.

I understand that numerous Serie A fanboys are mentally subnormal, but Caravallo? Carav? Really? I doubt you've seen more than 3 games of Pepe or Carvalho playing.

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:45 am

sciacca wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Start a new thread about it and don't derail this one?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:49 am

Omniscient wrote:
sciacca wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

I understand that numerous Serie A fanboys are mentally subnormal, but Caravallo? Carav? Really? I doubt you've seen more than 3 games of Pepe or Carvalho playing.

Sure whatever you say :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:12 am

Omniscient wrote:
sciacca wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Prejudice. :facepalm:
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:22 am

Lol....Carvalho would do do well in Serie A it's not even funny.Would be like a slightly rejuvenated version of Nesta.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:01 am

This is exactly the kind of double standards I dislike.

If this was Balotelli, this thread would be 3 times the length with anyone and everyone sticking the boot in.

But because its Ricky, its hardly worth a mention and we have people look for ways to defend him.

There is no defence here with this, "there obviously must be history between them" line.

What Ricky has done here is out of order.

And to say that Bento is coaching just for money is probably even worse, what is that about?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:12 am

Carvalho must apologize for his behavior. he's 33 years old so dropping him from the starting line up isn't a big deal.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:15 am

The guy in your saying " out of order " is a very interesting and funny thought Laughing

On to the sustance, If a 22 year old retired after being dropped siginificantly more heads would be turned, even more would be if it was someone as eccentric as Balotelli.

However you can't assume that you have a firm grasp of the entire situation, because the truth is none of us do.That being said you probably still feel what he did was wrong, and you have the right to your opinion , but I feel that he was entirely in the right to do what he did and therefore should not be oficially punished.

Other than that , you guys can continue to speculate and morally judge him until you get bored.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:25 am

So basically you're saying "since I don't know the entire story I choose to believe Ricky had a valid reason for acting the way he did", even though Ricky admitted to the disagreement that caused him to act that way?

Sounds like if Ricky hit a referee in a match you would say "that guy had it coming".
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:38 am

Nope....In that case he would get a red card.Hitting a referee is against a plethora of rules hence official sanction.

Retiring is a player's right and he can excercise it at any time for any reason.

All moral judgement on the matter is subjective since,the player simply excercised his right and we don't know the full story. I haven't take Carvalho's side in anything I just haven't taken Bento's side either.

I'll admit there is some Real Madrid bias but honestly does this entire situation not seem fishy to you guys? A 33 yo dosen't feel this direspected for not starting in a friendly against Cyprus if the coach says

"Ricky... you won't be starting tomorrow , I want to give Pepe and Ronaldo a run out.

However

"Ricky , you old f**k ,f**king retire already , clearly Pepe is better than you "
is more along the lines of what would elicit this sort of reaction.

I choose to reserve judgement until more proof comes to light.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:57 am

The Franchise wrote:This is exactly the kind of double standards I dislike.

If this was Balotelli, this thread would be 3 times the length with anyone and everyone sticking the boot in.

But because its Ricky, its hardly worth a mention and we have people look for ways to defend him.

There is no defence here with this, "there obviously must be history between them" line.

And to say that Bento is coaching just for money is probably even worse, what is that about?

Everyone loves Balotelli thats why, the media go crazy for him :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:06 am

ragbirjosh wrote:Nope....In that case he would get a red card.Hitting a referee is against a plethora of rules hence official sanction.

Retiring is a player's right and he can excercise it at any time for any reason.

All moral judgement on the matter is subjective since,the player simply excercised his right and we don't know the full story. I haven't take Carvalho's side in anything I just haven't taken Bento's side either.

I'll admit there is some Real Madrid bias but honestly does this entire situation not seem fishy to you guys? A 33 yo dosen't feel this direspected for not starting in a friendly against Cyprus if the coach says

"Ricky... you won't be starting tomorrow , I want to give Pepe and Ronaldo a run out.

However

"Ricky , you old f**k ,f**king retire already , clearly Pepe is better than you "
is more along the lines of what would elicit this sort of reaction.

I choose to reserve judgement until more proof comes to light.

Not many would have find a fault if he just waited for the match to finish and then retired because he felt unfairly treated.But to walk out of the squad like this is just disgraceful behavior.

And wait for more proof to come? From whom? Carvalho has admitted why he has left so who exactly are u waiting to bring the proofs u are waiting for?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:10 am

I am waiting to see if there are any more incidents of unhappy players for portugal under Bento.

Also I'm gonna judge him based on his results.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:44 am

The Franchise wrote:This is exactly the kind of double standards I dislike.

how is there double standard? Balotelli is a serial offender, a nut job who repeats one incident after the other.

Does ricky have history of being this kind of disrespectful individual with his coaches? just no, both case are complete opposite.

so it's only normal for some to wonder what pushed him so far.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:03 am

Whats history matter?

If Balo does something wrong, he deserves critics on him.

If Ricky does the same, so does he.

If this happened with Balo, there would be no benfit of the doubt.

Why does Ricky get the benfit of the doubt?

Actually, why is that even a question mark. Yes, we do know the whole story, Ricky is the one who explaind it all.

If there was other incidents with Bento, why hasnt he said it?

Dont tell me its because he doesnt work to cause troube, he has already done tons of that.

Why is it Ricky has to have been pushed? Maybe he is acting exactly how he sounds....someone who dosnt realise they are in the end of their career and there powers are fading? He is in deep deniel it sounds like to me.

I mean, we are seriously saying, maybe there is a history, therefore what Ricky has done has an explantion...seriously? Despite everything Ricky himself has said?

Its not like both parties are quite and nobody knows anything.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:07 am

How sad :coffee:

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:15 am

No one here said ricky was right to do what he did.

Cavalho made an account of what happened when he left the camp, he didnt go any further than that.

I do give him the benefit of the doubt, he isnt known for this kind of behavior, so my logic tells me "something" must have happened. Something deeper than the old player in denial that his career is coming to an end. It's a possibility, but i see nothing wrong to wonder if it's not a bit simplistic.

If i hear about Lampard throwing a tantrum in the locker room, im going to wonder what set him off. But if it's Adrianno missing a training or smelling booze on the training pitch, then he is the kind of guy that deserves no compassion.

Reminds me about Anelka going off on DOmenech during the world cup, sure it was disgusting, but the people who followed that team closely know it was a deeper issue, eventhough Anelka is no saint.

That's the kind of circumstances im talking about.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:28 am

But what doubt is there to give any benefit to? Thats my point?

Ricky has said it, its not like this is speculations...what he has explained, I understand why he might be upset about it, but to storm off, thats out of order and there is no doubt about it.

Saying past issues might of played a part which caused him to overreact, thats a reach at best. We have heard no past issues, Ricky has not said anything about past issues...so where does past issues come from in the first place?

Yes, I understand the Adriano and Anelka situations. If there is something like that, there is no doubt to be had because we know the history.

But just because guys dont have a rep for it doesnt mean there is something deeper and I dont see how anyone could come to the conclusion that there is something deeper.

I find it impossible to think, a guy who has no been tagged a traitor to his country, wouldnt expain the full story if what your saying as a possibility is one.

But to put this side of the story away for a moment.

His words about not being picked are frankly outragous.

Who is he to say who Bento should pick ahead of him? Because Pepe missed sessions and just came back means he shouldnt play? Who is he to say that?

Your a player, you play...the coach is the coach, he coaches.

Veteran of that many caps or not, your just a player, you dont get a say in anything unless your asked.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:47 am

I do also understand why he could have been upset, but there is a huge gap between being upset and storming off the way he did, and that's the gap im curious about.

yeah he did explained what happened before he left, but i give little credit to that pissy contest they had in the press.

Carvalho is no saint of course, so many stories happen behind locked doors we will never know about, im not letting him off the hook for what he did.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:51 am

What Ricky did is stupid and childish. We would expect that from some kid but not a veteran.

Having said that, I believe nick's argument of the history to predict behavior to be correct. History tends to repeat itself, and serial offenders like Balo would always get more stick than one time offenders.

If Zanetti goes tomorrow and throws a tantrum, we would all be very surprised and would look for deeper logic behind the incident, which is what some are doing for ricky. Maybe such reasons do exist, and maybe not. To say that such reason certainly does not exist is the reach IMO.

@The Franchise; I disagree on your definition of the player and coach roles. You make it sound like a dictatorship. Coaches are not chess master where the players are pawns. Each coach has his own approach to the job, but human interaction between the coach and players is vital if not necessary for any team. Sure, at the end of the day what the coach say goes, and he owes no explanation to the players. However, a coach who abuses his control is a bad coach IMO.

Also, when your a veteran and you are treated badly (I am speaking in general here). Then the rest of the team's morale will go down. I can't see Del Bosque for example disrespecting any of Spain's veterans without losing the trust of the team. As a player, you want the security that if you work hard enough you get your chance.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:42 am

people are making too much out of this..

hes out

he didnt need portugal and portugal didnt need him.

i can agree that maybe he should have taken it in a different manner.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:02 am

Such an immature thing to do by a 33-year-old.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next