Carvalho: I quit Portugal because I couldn't stand my team-mate Pepe being picked ahead of me

+20
EarlyPrototype
Ganso
buddytaller
Zealous
Jack Daniels
Art Morte
The Madrid One
Lord Spencer
El Chelsea Fuerte
BeautifulGame
Pedram
The Franchise
Omniscient
zarola
Babun
Mr Nick09
Le Samourai
guest7
che
BarrileteCosmico
24 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Carvalho: I quit Portugal because I couldn't stand my team-mate Pepe being picked ahead of me Empty Carvalho: I quit Portugal because I couldn't stand my team-mate Pepe being picked ahead of me

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:01 pm

The Real Madrid CB Carvalho, that announced an early retirement fro the Portuguese national team this Wednesday, assured he received the support of the club after his polemic exit and compared the coach Paulo Bento to a "mercenary".

"I talked to Mourinho about this. I spoke with various people of Real Madrid. They supported me, they told me that I'll always be number 1 for them," he declared today to the state TV station RTP.

Carvalho, of 33 years and 75 national caps, inexplicably abandoned the Portuguese national team training, two days before a game against Cyprus in an official game, by claiming "a disrespect" by not seeing himself a starter.

The centerback explained that he felt upset when Bento opted for his position his team-mate Pepe, who had not trained the first days, at his detriment.

"It was an injustice, because I was working very well and my colleague, that still had not trained, arrived and immediately entered the first team workouts. It's nothing personal against Pepe, but it is against the coach," he added.

He recognized that he was with a "hot head" and that he should have spoken about his intention to leavue with the directors of the Poruguese Futbol Federation (FPF).

The centerback replied to the words of Bento, that last Thursday called him a "deserter", and exposed that with the same "war-like" language that he could call him a "mercenary".

"When someone gets paid to go to war he's called a mercenary. I'm the national team for love, he's in it because he's paid", he noted.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Carvalho: I quit Portugal because I couldn't stand my team-mate Pepe being picked ahead of me Empty Re: Carvalho: I quit Portugal because I couldn't stand my team-mate Pepe being picked ahead of me

Post by che Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:06 pm

drama queen :coffee:
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Carvalho: I quit Portugal because I couldn't stand my team-mate Pepe being picked ahead of me Empty Re: Carvalho: I quit Portugal because I couldn't stand my team-mate Pepe being picked ahead of me

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:08 pm

sportsczy wrote:source please
You think I would go through all the trouble of making that up? Laughing

http://www.as.com/mas-deporte/articulo/carvalho-podria-llamar-mercenario-paulo/20110903dasdasmas_12/Tes
http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/resto-del-mundo/20110903/carvalho-llama-mercenario-seleccionador-portugal/1139240.shtml
http://www.marca.com/2011/09/03/futbol/equipos/real_madrid/1315055925.html
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:17 pm

your gonna quit real madrid becouse hopefully varane will be picked ahead of you :coffee:
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:18 pm

More news: The FPF could present a complaint for "desertion" to UEFA since Carvalho left the premises and quit halfway through training which might lead to a 3 month suspension for the Champions League. Bento has asked the FPF not to do this so as to not carry on the bad blood, but closed the door to Carvalho's return to the national team. It's unclear what the FPF will do.

http://www.marca.com/2011/09/02/futbol/equipos/real_madrid/1314986488.html
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:19 pm

Guys this is way too much speculation.I highly doubt that carvalho would quit if he didn't feel disrespected in some way by the coach. Judging by the way the coach reacted him and carvalho weren't on great .

You guys are focusing on the event a little too much.Things like this don't just suddenly happen, every story has a past. It is clear that past occurrences caused Bento to drop Carvalho and this caused Carvalho to retire , other than that we know nothing.

Even if he was so mad about being dropped that he retired ,it's his personal decision, who are we to judge him for it.?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:23 pm

Rag he disrespected his coach and his country. If the coach picks someone else ahead of you, you suck it up and prove yourself more worthy in training session - otherwise you don't deserve to. Leaving the premises and announcing retirement halfway through the training session shows a clear lack of professionalism that is expected of a player of his caliber.

Also, it's not speculation, he confirmed it.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:25 pm

all he is saying is, there is always precedent with this kind of story, carvalho is 33. he knows and expects to be put aside but obviously there is history between the two men, which led to this incident. we will just never know what the true story is
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:29 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:all he is saying is, there is always precedent with this kind of story, carvalho is 33. he knows and expects to be put aside but obviously there is history between the two men, which led to this incident. we will just never know what the true story is
What difference does it make? Ibrahimovic obviously had problems with Pep, but he didn't storm out of training sessions. Tevez' relationship with Batista was hardly rosy either. It's not uncommon for a coach and a player to have a history, doesn't mean we can excuse unprofessional behavior. Let alone for the national team - he's representing 11 million people.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:30 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Rag he disrespected his coach and his country. If the coach picks someone else ahead of you, you suck it up and prove yourself more worthy in training session - otherwise you don't deserve to. Leaving the premises and announcing retirement halfway through the training session shows a clear lack of professionalism that is expected of a player of his caliber.

Also, it's not speculation, he confirmed it.

He retired. I think that you are free to do that at any time as a professional footballer. I get that you think it shows a lack of professionalism but you have to understand that this happens all the time. Eg people quit their jobs everyday if they don't feel like they are getting what they deserve, IMO this is no different.You wouldn't and shouldn't tell a guy "retire next week , we have a big presentation this week"
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:33 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:all he is saying is, there is always precedent with this kind of story, carvalho is 33. he knows and expects to be put aside but obviously there is history between the two men, which led to this incident. we will just never know what the true story is
What difference does it make? Ibrahimovic obviously had problems with Pep, but he didn't storm out of training sessions. Tevez' relationship with Batista was hardly rosy either. It's not uncommon for a coach and a player to have a history, doesn't mean we can excuse unprofessional behavior. Let alone for the national team - he's representing 11 million people.

nobody is excusing him, it's pretty lousy behavior and it's impossible to side with him.

the reason as to why he did it is simply much deeper than Pepe being picked ahead of him.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:35 pm

Rag I'm not arguing that he shouldn't be allowed to retire. I obviously agree with that. But are you denying that he's acting like a prima donna? There's a difference between a veteran saying "my cycle is done - give a chance to the younger players" and storming out because he didn't make the team.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:44 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Rag I'm not arguing that he shouldn't be allowed to retire. I obviously agree with that. But are you denying that he's acting like a prima donna? There's a difference between a veteran saying "my cycle is done - give a chance to the younger players" and storming out because he didn't make the team.

I just think that your obervation only reaches the surface, and that there's a good chance that if you dig a little deeper then you'll see that he isn't acting like a prima donna. If your'e unhappy , you have the right to leave.Honestly if Messi quit international football because he got dropped, we would be raging on these forums AGAINST the argentina football federation and that also wouldn't be right, not calling him a prima donna .Players make decsions based on the cards they are dealt, and they should be able to make those decisions free of judgement.Player's career decisions should be respected.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:47 pm

Carvalho committed career suicide lol. Wonder how Mou is going to handle this one... i'm sure Pepe, CR7 and Coentrao are not very happy about him right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:49 pm

It might help us out a little bit Very Happy Less depth but we'll be sure that Ramos or Varane will be the other CBs pairing in important matches Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:52 pm

We can all agree that you just don't leave the NT after a training session because you won't start... and Pepe is the better player lol.

Carvalho should be crucified and justifiably so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:54 pm

sportsczy wrote:Carvalho committed career suicide lol. Wonder how Mou is going to handle this one... i'm sure Pepe, CR7 and Coentrao are not very happy about him right now.

Lol corentrao gave him his car. I doubt CR7 cares, he is too focused to care about sit like this. Pepe on the other hand.......................................................

I doubt Mourinhio will let this affect the squad at all though, if it does he will go crazy on these bitches
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:59 pm

Carvalho needs to apologize... plain and simple. Hope he does it soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:06 am

Doub't hell do that. Mourinhio is probably telling him right now " Don't worry , after this failure of a coach ( bento) , I will be coach and you will start , alongside Pepe, just concentrate on Madrid for the next two years."
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:08 am

ragbirjosh wrote:Doub't hell do that. Mourinhio is probably telling him right now " Don't worry , after this failure of a coach ( bento) , I will be coach and you will start , alongside Pepe, just concentrate on Madrid for the next two years."

Why is Bento a failure? I think he's pretty decent. He also needs to play the people he wants starting for the Euro. Maybe he feels Carvalho is slowing and will have a hard time with stamina after a full season with Madrid... and he's right on both counts. Rolando is very good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:14 am

sportsczy wrote:
ragbirjosh wrote:Doub't hell do that. Mourinhio is probably telling him right now " Don't worry , after this failure of a coach ( bento) , I will be coach and you will start , alongside Pepe, just concentrate on Madrid for the next two years."

Why is Bento a failure? I think he's pretty decent. He also needs to play the people he wants starting for the Euro. Maybe he feels Carvalho is slowing and will have a hard time with stamina after a full season with Madrid... and he's right on both counts. Rolando is very good.

I was just imitating Mourinhio's disrespect fo other coaches.

We disagree on the Rolando thing though. Too similar to Pepe , too physical , aggressive. Maybe it'll work but I think you need the balance that carvalho offers. I was also hoping Pepe would play in midfield for portugal so that , the utter failure ofa footballer Miguel Veloso wouldn't have to.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:16 am

ragbirjosh wrote:
sportsczy wrote:

I was just imitating Mourinhio's disrespect fo other coaches.

We disagree on the Rolando thing though. Too similar to Pepe , too physical , aggressive. Maybe it'll work but I think you need the balance that carvalho offers. I was also hoping Pepe would play in midfield for portugal so that , the utter failure ofa footballer Miguel Veloso wouldn't have to.

You could move Coentrao to the midfield. How is fullback talent in Portugal?

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:18 am

Not great. If you move corentrao to midfield that same utter failure of a footballer moves to LB. There is also that silvio guy you mentioned , though I still have no idea who he is exactly.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:16 am

Chiellini > Pepe :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next