BarrileteCosmico
checazzofai
ErPupone
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fernando Gago - Page 2 Empty Re: Fernando Gago

Post by ErPupone Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:33 am

Excellent transfer fee considering how important he's becoming for the team. The salary may be a little much, I would say absolute maximum 3 million a year, but I still can't complain about that since Cicinho and Kjaer would still be making more.

ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:46 am

Very jealous of you guys if you keep him.
Always wish he would have found consistent, injury free form at Madrid, because he's a fantastic player...
BUT alas:
Fernando Gago - Page 2 Qm
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:01 am

League ROME REAL GAGO / MADRID (Spain) - Last month we told you about the intention of Rome to exercise the right of redemption for the 26 year old Argentine midfielder Fernando Gago . Today confirmations arrive from Spain: the site 'fichajes.net' is reporting that the Giallorossi have reached an agreement with Real Madrid on the basis of 6 million euros . Razz

Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:25 am

6 million ?

That's a complete steal imo. Good job Walter :bow:
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:32 pm

Yep, cheap price, great quality.
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:34 am

Heck of a deal.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu May 17, 2012 11:58 pm

Roma set to keep Gago
By Football Italia staff

The agent of Fernando Gago expects Roma to sign the player outright from Real Madrid this summer.

The Argentine joined the Italian club on loan last summer and ended the campaign with 30 Serie A appearances and one goal.

Although Spanish tactician Luis Enrique has now left the club, the 26-year-old should have done enough to earn a permanent switch to the Olimpico.

“There won’t be any particular problems,” representative Marcello Lombilla told Tele Radio Stereo. “Everything should be sorted out next week.

“Director general Franco Baldini will speak to Real. Gago wants to stay at Roma and Real want to sell him.”

It’s unclear how much the midfielder will cost the Giallorossi. He joined the Madrid outfit in 2007 after a spell with Boca Juniors.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu May 31, 2012 5:30 pm

Gago: 'Roma or Real? Boca!'
By Football Italia staff

Fernando Gago is increasingly unlikely to have his Roma stay made permanent and admits he’d “like to go back to Boca Juniors.”

The 26-year-old midfielder was signed on loan from Real Madrid last summer and had been expected to become a permanent fixture in the team.

However, as Luis Enrique has left and Zdenek Zeman is likely to come in, Gago is finding he is no longer needed at the Olimpico.

“I am currently on international duty with Argentina and not thinking about anything else,” he told Fox Sport Radio.

“Roma or Real Madrid? To tell the truth, I’d like to go back to wearing the Boca Juniors shirt alongside Riquelme!”

Gago grew up in the Boca youth academy from 1996 to 2004, then played with the first team until 2007.

His contract is still owned by Real Madrid.

-----------------------------

Looks like we may not keep him after all Sad
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu May 31, 2012 11:47 pm

McLewis wrote:Gago: 'Roma or Real? Boca!'
By Football Italia staff

Fernando Gago is increasingly unlikely to have his Roma stay made permanent and admits he’d “like to go back to Boca Juniors.”

The 26-year-old midfielder was signed on loan from Real Madrid last summer and had been expected to become a permanent fixture in the team.

However, as Luis Enrique has left and Zdenek Zeman is likely to come in, Gago is finding he is no longer needed at the Olimpico.

“I am currently on international duty with Argentina and not thinking about anything else,” he told Fox Sport Radio.

“Roma or Real Madrid? To tell the truth, I’d like to go back to wearing the Boca Juniors shirt alongside Riquelme!”

Gago grew up in the Boca youth academy from 1996 to 2004, then played with the first team until 2007.

His contract is still owned by Real Madrid.

-----------------------------

Looks like we may not keep him after all Sad

I honestly won't mind if it means we end up getting Verratti instead.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:55 am

hmm I mean why would you lose a player like Gago for 2.5m? scratch
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:08 am

Seems pretty cheap of Roma to let negotiations fall over 1M for an already established player...

I don't think the odds of getting Verratti would be very high.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:24 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Seems pretty cheap of Roma to let negotiations fall over 1M for an already established player...

I don't think the odds of getting Verratti would be very high.

Its not over 1 any more

Real Madrid agreed on 5m now they want to pay 2.5m

dont ask me , i dont know why the budget is so low

im hoping that the low Transfer Budget be because of the New Stadium costs but thats just more of a wishful thinking rather than anything
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by DiRocco Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:36 am

I agree. I find it very odd we did not pay the sum of 5M for Gago. Our midfield clearly needs reinforcements and Gago did very well this past season. The fact we passed up on him must mean Sabatini and co have someone else in mind and wanted to save the cash towards that. Thats what im beggining to think at least!
DiRocco
DiRocco
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:58 pm

Well maybe Zeman doesn't see the use for him, he might see the need for a different type of midfielder. I know he likes his midfielders to be very dynamic and will certainly need one midfielder capable of covering a lot of ground, winning the ball back and launching himself into the opposing box. The only one capable of doing this effectively and consistently is Marquinho and that might not be enough in Zeman's opinion. Gago is a good player, but maybe we won't have enough room for him this season in order to justify buying him permanently.

I think he would like to bring in Verratti and obviously keep De Rossi, Pjanic and Marquinho. Then it's just a matter of sorting out between Greco, Simplicio, Perrotta, Brighi, Viviani, Florenzi and Bertolacci.

There are a lot of decisions to be made and nothing is out of the question just yet with regards to these guys. I think Zeman will have a big say in who stays and who goes.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:00 am

Hey guys, would someone be able to give me some info on how Gago plays?

I know know a tad bit about him. Thanks.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:37 pm

So 8 months later do you guys wish you had kept him? I could see him being useful for Roma, and still find the fact that you were not willing to shell out 5m for him a bit shocking, especially considering his Xavi-esque level for the national team and change of coach.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:40 pm

Would take him back in a heartbeat. He never should've left honestly as he did nothing to warrant us not forking out that money for him.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:23 pm

well i dont see whats the use of him now , he does basically what bradley does with lower quality , i dont see him as a registra and i dont think he can do what pjanic does
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:19 pm

I guess he was seen as one of the scapegoats of the enrique era
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:23 am

Which was an unjust moniker. He did everything LE asked of him and he did it damn well.

Like I said, he never should've left honestly. We have a great midfield right now, but if Gago stays, we would not have gone for Tachtsidis and that's something I as well as most other Romanisti definitely could've lived with as Gago is miles better than Panas. This is known.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:45 am

McLewis wrote:Which was an unjust moniker. He did everything LE asked of him and he did it damn well.

Like I said, he never should've left honestly. We have a great midfield right now, but if Gago stays, we would not have gone for Tachtsidis and that's something I as well as most other Romanisti definitely could've lived with as Gago is miles better than Panas. This is known.

i would rather have tacht as reserve and spend that 5-6 m and get an experienced defender , particularly Naldo in Roma case and i can say there is a huge potential in tacht as well , i trust in zeman in finding talents , yes he didn't succeed at Roma but its more that that in him
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:01 am

Is Checa still here? hmm

I miss that old man!
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:54 am

Epoto wrote:
McLewis wrote:Which was an unjust moniker. He did everything LE asked of him and he did it damn well.

i would rather have tacht as reserve and spend that 5-6 m and get an experienced defender , particularly Naldo in Roma case and i can say there is a huge potential in tacht as well , i trust in zeman in finding talents , yes he didn't succeed at Roma but its more that that in him

I don't deny the potential Panas has, but Gago is simply more established and a better player at this point in his career. He would've provided a better option off the bench for Zeman and definitely for Andreazzoli.

Also Naldo has declined from a Juan-caliber defender to a Juan Jesus-calibre defender despite moving to Wolfsburg. That and he's 31 now as well. Unless he's Barzagli, he'd be a big risk at even 5-6m.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:50 pm

I take Juan Jesus in a matter of second , if i was Roma director and i had the chance
just think about

--Marcos-Romagnoli-Juan Jesus --

damn what imagined once cannot be unimagined scratch

there is also antei and sini that can prove usefull , if 5 mil is risky then id by a free agent like douglas there is more that i write on transfer thread
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2