Raptorgunner
Omniscient
Arquitecto
37 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

David Villa - Page 4 Empty Re: David Villa

Post by The Franchise Fri 09 Sep 2011, 20:28

Hey, I agree Villa's finishnig wasnt top notch. I said that many times last season, he was unlucky plus some bad finishing. I 100% agree with that.

That doesnt take away from anything I said though.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri 09 Sep 2011, 20:29

The Franchise wrote:Hey, I agree Villa's finishnig wasnt top notch. I said that many times last season, he was unlucky plus some bad finishing. I 100% agree with that.

Well, aside from that he was top notch. His off ball movement was very great, nice movements etc.

Dunno if I rate him higher than Ibrahimovic or Eto'o though.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri 09 Sep 2011, 20:31

[/quote]
lol, are you implying that Real Madrids squad is not set to be offensive?!11[/quote]

No, not at all.

I said, Madrid hardly have offensive instructions and tactics. They do alot of free style and counter attack stuff, not so much work on positioning and where players should and shouldnt be moving.

In short, Cristiano and Madrid are more free in how they attack and can improvise more, whereas Barca are more practiced, routined and follow tight instructions on how to attack and where to move.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri 09 Sep 2011, 20:32

omarish wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Hey, I agree Villa's finishnig wasnt top notch. I said that many times last season, he was unlucky plus some bad finishing. I 100% agree with that.

Well, aside from that he was top notch. His off ball movement was very great, nice movements etc.

Dunno if I rate him higher than Ibrahimovic or Eto'o though.

Well thats fine, I see good arguements which say Ibra and Etoo were better. Last season, both had better seasons.

I dont however understand how anyone can say Cavani, Benzema, Higuain or RVP are better or even had better seasons.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat 10 Sep 2011, 11:48

The Franchise wrote:I dont however understand how anyone can say Cavani, Benzema, Higuain or RVP are better or even had better seasons

Strongly Disagree with this..Cavani infact had a better season than Villa..

I mean he was pretty consistent throughout the season banging in goals when needed and he only ever suffered a slight dip of form once Napoli achieved their primary objective of qualifying for the champions league ,the whole team started to get complacent since then infact..

Dint Villa went through a long period where he wasnt finding the net ?But he did rise to the occasion when it mattered the most though..

Apart from Napoli's attack,the whole team was pretty average so Cavani pretty much dragged the team to Cl qualification whereas Villa already had such a world class team ..And thumping random La Liga teams 7-0,8-0 to rack up one's goal tally where there is hardly emphasis on defense means little..

Cavani's impact ,influence ,goals hence season was better than Villa's season in my opinion..

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat 10 Sep 2011, 11:54

Surag.Blueguy wrote:Apart from Napoli's attack,the whole team was pretty average so Cavani pretty much dragged the team to Cl qualification whereas Villa already had such a world class team ..And thumping random La Liga teams 7-0,8-0 to rack up one's goal tally where there is hardly emphasis on defense means little..
Barcelona actually scored 1 time more than 5 goals in La Liga last year, 0-8 against Almeria, and Villa didn't even score there.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat 10 Sep 2011, 11:56

Surag.Blueguy wrote:
The Franchise wrote:I dont however understand how anyone can say Cavani, Benzema, Higuain or RVP are better or even had better seasons

I mean he was pretty consistent throughout the season banging in goals when needed and he only ever suffered a slight dip of form once Napoli achieved their primary objective of qualifying for the champions league ,the whole team started to get complacent since then infact..

Dint Villa went through a long period where he wasnt finding the net ?But he did rise to the occasion when it mattered the most though..

Apart from Napoli's attack,the whole team was pretty average so Cavani pretty much dragged the team to Cl qualification whereas Villa already had such a world class team ..And thumping random La Liga teams 7-0,8-0 to rack up one's goal tally where there is hardly emphasis on defense means little..

Cavani's impact ,influence ,goals hence season was better than Villa's season in my opinion..

Well Cavani is pretty much the only one whos scoring those goals in Napoli? Could cavani make the same impact as he did in Napoli for Barcelona, being the second offensive player below to Messi?
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:07

Surag.Blueguy wrote:

if you want a debate on how is a better goal scorer then fine, you have brought up stats bout why cavani is better, cool but dont say that villa scores goals because of weak la liga defenses or whatever.. he is one of the best finishers i have seen and he does deliver against the big teams..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:13

Surag.Blueguy wrote:

Well as I said, look at the team Villa plays for, the role he has and the teams he socred against. More impressive then Cavani in my opinion.

Villa scored in big games like I already said, Cavani didnt even play in any, and when he did (AC Milan) I am told he didnt score the either?

Again, Cavani plays center striker, Villa doesnt.

Villa plays with Messi and Pedro sharing the load, Cavani is the main target for goals for Napoli.

Its a world of difference.

Your saying Villa scoring goals against lower La Liga teams as a negative thing, when Cavani did the exact same thing against Serie A's lower teams.

I think Villa has been the best striker in the world for a fair amount of time now and nothing has changed. He just plays a different role now, but that doesnt mean he isnt the best striker anymore.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:34

I am not saying Villa only scores against lower or mid-table teams..I'm only saying there is an emphasis on free-flowing attacking football from pretty much every La Liga team which is not the case in Serie A where its hard to unlock stubborn defenses especially when the tactical plan of certain teams is to park the bus

Refer to my earlier post i said he rises to the occasion..He's a big game player..

But if i am correct Villa went scoreless for about 2-3 months or even more ?Remember many Barca fans on goal.com saying Villa will flop as usual ,he needs to break his duck and stuff like that..Well this is the little bit i evidence i got since i dont watch Barca's La Liga games..

And Edinson Cavani takes the entire burden of scoring goals for Napoli upon himself..If he flops,the entire team flops..Napoli were pretty much Cavani dependant last season..I mean that was the amount of influence he had on the team..
He dint manage to score against inter and milan but there have been many occasions where he's completely changed the course of the game..the game against Lazio comes to mind..

I want to bring out a key factor in here..Consistency..Was Cavani consistent throughout the season ?Yes..

And Villa even if he has racked up so many goals was pretty inconsistent last season by the high standards he sets for himself..

Pretty sure he would surpass Villa anyways in a few seasons..But at the moment Villa is a better player..

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat 10 Sep 2011, 14:04

Cavani.LOL.
Who the hell.A random nobody from Serie A.
A better season than Villa.
Sure.I mean Cavani was the one who scored in the CL final right.Cavani was the one who scored a brace in one of the greatest dispalys ever right.
Benzema.He is a great talent and all but he aint better than Villa.
He needs to prove much much more to be mentioned in the same breadth as Villa.
Some of the other names being mentioned are simply ridiculous.
Not even worth responding to.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat 10 Sep 2011, 16:16

Surag.Blueguy wrote:I am not saying Villa only scores against lower or mid-table teams..I'm only saying there is an emphasis on free-flowing attacking football from pretty much every La Liga team which is not the case in Serie A where its hard to unlock stubborn defenses especially when the tactical plan of certain teams is to park the bus

Refer to my earlier post i said he rises to the occasion..He's a big game player..

But if i am correct Villa went scoreless for about 2-3 months or even more ?Remember many Barca fans on goal.com saying Villa will flop as usual ,he needs to break his duck and stuff like that..Well this is the little bit i evidence i got since i dont watch Barca's La Liga games..

And Edinson Cavani takes the entire burden of scoring goals for Napoli upon himself..If he flops,the entire team flops..Napoli were pretty much Cavani dependant last season..I mean that was the amount of influence he had on the team..
He dint manage to score against inter and milan but there have been many occasions where he's completely changed the course of the game..the game against Lazio comes to mind..

I want to bring out a key factor in here..Consistency..Was Cavani consistent throughout the season ?Yes..

And Villa even if he has racked up so many goals was pretty inconsistent last season by the high standards he sets for himself..

Pretty sure he would surpass Villa anyways in a few seasons..But at the moment Villa is a better player..

To be honest, its a myth every team in La Liga plays ofensive football. All are capable and against team their own level they do. But against Barca, the majority become negative and very defensive. So its not like Villa is having an easier time scoring because of that.

Vills didnt score for I think 15 games. However, for me, in about 10 of those games he gave superb performances and just didnt get on the scoresheet. Villa is more then a goalscorer and impact he game in many ways. I think people didnt realise how much he was actually doing despite not scoring. Of course, it would of been great to have moer goals in that dip off form, but in the end, he scored roughly 1 goal per 2 La Liga games and I think that is more then acceptable.

Sure, Napoli are more dependant on him then Barca are of Villa. That doesnt make him better, it just means he doesnt play with players like Messi.

In ther end, you say Villa is the better player now and thats really I am arguing against here. Will Cavani start to overtake him when decline sets in, yes, likely.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat 10 Sep 2011, 16:28

I am saying he had a better season..There's a difference between having a better season and being a better player..

Villa dint have such a good season by his high standards and yes i'm referring to his inconsistency here..But obviously he's had a more noteworthy season since he popped up in big occasions and hence winning trophies with Barca..

There's no questioning Villa's technical ability as he is better than Cavani in that aspect..I am just bringing out the aspect of consistency as it is a key Factor in comparing the seasons of both the players since both of them play in different leagues,different teams with different ambitions and ofcourse there is a huge difference in the quality of players..

And Villa's primary role is to score goals..Its not that pep bought him primarily to fill in the LW slot.. and Barca front three do interchange positions regularly dont they ?Going goalless for 15 games is not inconsistency ?

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Sun 11 Sep 2011, 01:15

He gave an assist today :coffee:
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun 11 Sep 2011, 12:35

buddytaller wrote:He gave an assist today :coffee:
GTFO, really?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Sun 11 Sep 2011, 13:31

Oops my bad Busquets saved it.
David Villa - Page 4 20110910dasdasftb_57
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Sun 11 Sep 2011, 14:00

Stop trolling.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun 11 Sep 2011, 14:52

Surag.Blueguy wrote:I am saying he had a better season..There's a difference between having a better season and being a better player..

Villa dint have such a good season by his high standards and yes i'm referring to his inconsistency here..But obviously he's had a more noteworthy season since he popped up in big occasions and hence winning trophies with Barca..

There's no questioning Villa's technical ability as he is better than Cavani in that aspect..I am just bringing out the aspect of consistency as it is a key Factor in comparing the seasons of both the players since both of them play in different leagues,different teams with different ambitions and ofcourse there is a huge difference in the quality of players..

And Villa's primary role is to score goals..Its not that pep bought him primarily to fill in the LW slot.. and Barca front three do interchange positions regularly dont they ?Going goalless for 15 games is not inconsistency ?

Yes, Villa's primary role is to score goals...but he did score goals, so whats the point?

No, the front 3 dont interchange positions, sometimes him and Pedro swap sides and thats it.

Being goalless for 15 games isnt inconsistency. If he played bad for 15 games then yes.

Strikers have dry spells in front of goal, his was a long one and nobody expected it, but as I said, for 10 of those games he played very well. It just shows he has more to his game then most strikers, he can play well without scoring.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Sun 11 Sep 2011, 18:40

I think it'll be better to judge Villa this season.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Sun 11 Sep 2011, 20:05

I think he'll be worse this season, he's hit the dreaded age of 30 or will hit it this season, and that begins the decline of most strikers, the world has seen the best of Villa and it was at Valencia.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon 12 Sep 2011, 03:07

The Franchise wrote:
Surag.Blueguy wrote:I am saying he had a better season..There's a difference between having a better season and being a better player..

Yes, Villa's primary role is to score goals...but he did score goals, so whats the point?

No, the front 3 dont interchange positions, sometimes him and Pedro swap sides and thats it.

Being goalless for 15 games isnt inconsistency. If he played bad for 15 games then yes.

Strikers have dry spells in front of goal, his was a long one and nobody expected it, but as I said, for 10 of those games he played very well. It just shows he has more to his game then most strikers, he can play well without scoring.

My point ?Cavani banged in goals consistently whereas Villa didnt as it is evident from his 15 game goal drought..

Regarding the front three,Yea ,just what i was going to say infact ,Villa and Pedro do swap positions at times

Going goalless for 15 games isnt Inconsistency ?We're not talking about 4 or 5 games here..Its more than a dozen games..So what if he played well for 10 games ?his assist column isnt impressive either ,he has the same no.of assists as Cavani has but with more no.of games played..Was he consistently assisting when he had to go through that rough period ?I highly doubt it..

Sure he is a versatile forward who involves a lot in build-up play and works hard on the flanks but are these noteworthy contributions especially when you are primarily expected to find the net or even in this case increase your assist tally ?Also goal scoring ratio of Cavani is far superior..26 Goals in 38 games =0.68 whereas Villa's 29 goals in 56 games that is 0.51 excluding the world cup perfomance..

I'll leave it here as you'll continue to live in denial saying he played well in 10 games,12 games despite not scoring or even assisting regularly when its quite obvious that it infact was an inconsistent season by Villa's hefty standards..

Cavani is clearly on the rise and he would surely surpass Villa maybe even this season who knows..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon 12 Sep 2011, 03:47

Yeah, but whats the point talking about that drough when at the end of the season he still scored alot of goals. Not quite as much as Cavani, but I already explained my opinion on that.

i dont see it as, whoever scores the most goals has the better season.

And so what about the assists. Iniesta had terrible stats and his play speaks for itself. Stats like those dont even tell half the story.

As I said, we would of liked goals in that period. Nobody wants their number 2 goalscorer to not score for 15 games. However, that doesnt equal all of those 15 games him playing terrible and therefore meaning inconsistency. You can say he was an inconsistent goalscorer maybe, but not performer. Because as I said for about 10 of those games he did very well. In some of those games, he played better then in games he scored in.

I dont see how you can compare Cavani's goal record to Villa's, havent I explained that already?

Different position on the pitch, different role and different league and club.

Live in denial? You didnt even watch the games, I dont see how you can even have an opinion to be honest.

Clearly your one of these stats people who see goals and assists as the only way a player, or a forward, can perform. I see the game as far more complex then that.

If this is your stance on it, then I cant debate you because without insulting you, its simplistic and basic.

Cavani surpass Villa this season?

Not going to happen unless Villa declines massively.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon 12 Sep 2011, 04:04

Calm down there..You dont need to get worked up over this !When you generally make a comparision between 2 STRIKERS ,you would obviously point out at the stats..hence i bought stats up..I dont see anything wrong in that..

To be honest villa being constantly deployed at the left wing is used as an excuse..how sure you would have been that he would have found his consistent goalscoring form had he been playing as a Cf !We cant predict things can we !

I'm done here ,as i just gave my opinion..I still think Villa was at his supreme best at Valencia ,call me a clown for saying that but thats how i feel and yes i havent watched that many Barca's La Liga games so i cant say if he played well enough in those matches but i saw Barca's cl matches and he's a big game player no doubt and he has asserted himself by rising to the occasion..

I wont talk about hypotethical situations here like forward depth,Manager tactics as it is frankly useless considering you'll write it off obviously..

Clearly your one of these stats people who see goals and assists as the only way a player, or a forward, can perform. I see the game as far more complex then that.

If this is your stance on it, then I cant debate you because without insulting you, its simplistic and basic.

Nope its not and i understand mate..

I'm done..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon 12 Sep 2011, 04:44

Im worked up? What is there to be worked up about?

I didnt say bringing up stats is wrong, im saying youre using them as your main source of opinion and that to me, is wrong.

Leftwing is an excuse lol

I dont even know how to respond to that.

Basic logic..if you play wide, your further from goal as your starting position then if your playing center....this seems logical.

We dont know what he would do if he played in the center? Really?

Didnt you watch the WC? Or a decade in La Liga where he has scored more then 200 goals? You need more proof of his ability to score more goals in the center? Really?

You admit he played well for Valencia, so in your opinion he has declined? Thats the reason he scored less?

Not all the clear factors I pointed out?

Instead he declined from the time he played in the WC to a couple monthes later for Barca...in that short time, he declined?

I didnt say your clown for your opinion, but if you dont have a reasonable arguement for your opinion I obviously am going to question you on it.

Your saying, you saw when he did in the big games for Barca in the CL. On that evidence, has he declined? Well those are the hardest games of the season..if he performed in those, what more can you say?

Yes, I saw Napoli like half a dozen to 10 times, why? What did I say thats so out of the wrong in your opinion?

And yes it is...juding players based on goals and assists...is basic.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon 12 Sep 2011, 07:33

Surag.Blueguy wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

My point ?Cavani banged in goals consistently whereas Villa didnt as it is evident from his 15 game goal drought..

Regarding the front three,Yea ,just what i was going to say infact ,Villa and Pedro do swap positions at times

Going goalless for 15 games isnt Inconsistency ?We're not talking about 4 or 5 games here..Its more than a dozen games..So what if he played well for 10 games ?his assist column isnt impressive either ,he has the same no.of assists as Cavani has but with more no.of games played..Was he consistently assisting when he had to go through that rough period ?I highly doubt it..

Sure he is a versatile forward who involves a lot in build-up play and works hard on the flanks but are these noteworthy contributions especially when you are primarily expected to find the net or even in this case increase your assist tally ?Also goal scoring ratio of Cavani is far superior..26 Goals in 38 games =0.68 whereas Villa's 29 goals in 56 games that is 0.51 excluding the world cup perfomance..

I'll leave it here as you'll continue to live in denial saying he played well in 10 games,12 games despite not scoring or even assisting regularly when its quite obvious that it infact was an inconsistent season by Villa's hefty standards..

Cavani is clearly on the rise and he would surely surpass Villa maybe even this season who knows..

All this playing for a team that dont have as many creative players as Barca which makes his stats even more impressive when compared with Villa.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:15

doesnt cr7 play on the left wing too? :coffee:
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team