Onyx
peerless
Gil
42 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

David Villa Empty David Villa

Post by Gil Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:38 pm

What the hell happened to him? Why isn't he first choice at Barca anymore?

I know Messi can't/won't coexist with other prolific goalscorers but is it really wise letting an experienced veteran like Villa leave on loan especially with Pedro's decline in form & Tello's inconsistency?

Or is this simply just a way to market Villa for a couple of months before buying Neymar in the summer?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

David Villa Empty Re: David Villa

Post by peerless Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:42 pm

Didn't Lionel Messi "cope" well with Thierry Henry and Samuel Eto'o?
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:43 pm

I think Barca denied that he's available for loan.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:48 pm

I feel so bad for Villa. Loved the guy at Valencia but he's killing his career now. Sad
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:50 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:I think Barca denied that he's available for loan.

He's gone mate.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:51 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:I feel so bad for Villa. Loved the guy at Valencia but he's killing his career now. Sad

Started hating on him when he joined Barca to play second fiddle to Messi. Mad

At one point he could've easily been the main striker at any top club in the world.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:55 pm

He can still be main guy at many top teams tbh. Juve, Inter, Milan, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Dortmund, etc can all use him.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:58 pm

BVB make it happen hmm
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:01 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:He can still be main guy at many top teams tbh. Juve, Inter, Milan, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Dortmund, etc can all use him.

Yeah true..But was just trying to say he was at one point he was good enough even for the Madrids and Citys of the world too ,i mean the cash rich clubs in general.

Was a fan of him at Valencia.Madrid really could've signed him in 2009 but i think Valencia resisted..Was pretty disappointed to see him play a secondary role at Barca when he joined them a year later.

Would take him at Juve without thinking twice if he was deemed available.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:01 am

Villa is 31 years old now. This is his last season at Barca unless he plans to retire at the Camp Nou.

Its his work-rate above anything else that's keeping him out of the starting 11. He needs to be in a team thats more focused on him, well, at least in attack.

The problem for him is that Messi (through no fault of his own) is currently doing the job of 2 strikers on his own upfront. What these other guys bring (Pedro, Cesc, Alexis, Tello) is a bit different to what villa brings and its more compatible with Messi.

The solution would be to tell Messi to take it easy and stop scoring as much, whilst sacrificing his position in the middle at times. Thats never gonna happen.

I think Barca will try and cash in on him this summer.
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:11 am

He's barely played and has still scored 3 times as much as Pedro and Alexis together. lol Second highest goalscorer in the squad. Tito freezing him out makes no sense whatsoever. You can talk about "workrate" all day long. Villa does his fair share of backtracking. After all Barca won a CL and La Liga with Villa upfront, fss. At the same time Sanchez misses the easiest tap-ins and does nothing except running around. Villa >>>>>>>>>>>>> Sanchez even with 1 leg.

And LOL @ Serie A if this guy can score 4 goals in a game over there. He's got 0 goals so far in La Liga this season. 0. ZERO. NULL.صفر. sıfır. нула. 零. nul. nolla. zéro. μηδέν. ゼロ. cero.

Last edited by futbol on Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:17 am

Surag wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:I feel so bad for Villa. Loved the guy at Valencia but he's killing his career now. Sad

Started hating on him when he joined Barca to play second fiddle to Messi. Mad

At one point he could've easily been the main striker at any top club in the world.

Moving to Barca was a good career move for him imo. It was his last chance to win Laliga and he also went on to win the CL!

In addition, living in Spain and not having to disrupt his family too much by moving to a foreign country ,whilst playing with many of his Spanish international mates for one of the best sides the world has ever witnessed and lastly, a huge salary!!

He was unlucky to break his leg last year, but that could have happened anywhere.

This second fiddle-to -messi thing is nonsense if u watched him in his 1st season.

Messi is hardly a ball-hog and many forwards would enjoy playing with him up top.
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:29 am

futbol wrote:He's barely played and has still scored 3 times as much as Pedro and Alexis together. lol Second highest goalscorer in the squad. Tito freezing him out makes no sense whatsoever. You can talk about "workrate" all day long. Villa does his fair share of backtracking. After all Barca won a CL and La Liga with Villa upfront, fss. At the same time Sanchez misses the easiest tap-ins and does nothing except running around. Villa >>>>>>>>>>>>> Sanchez even with 1 leg.

It makes no sense to u, because u watch barca for only 90 mins every week.

Tito and his trainers know about villa's form post-injury more than you.

You're right about Barca winning the CL with villa but that was nearly 2 years ago when he was 29 and before he broke his leg.

As frustrating as it seems, I trust in Tito's decisions and he even mentioned earlier in the season that Villa is our "winter" signing.

I admit that Alexis and Pedro's goal-scoring form is shat atm but if u think all they are doing is running around doing nothing and missing tap-ins, then I doubt u regularly watch barca games.
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:29 am

Gil wrote:What the hell happened to him? Why isn't he first choice at Barca anymore?

U guys act as if he never broke his tibia last year. He didn't just suck all of a sudden, he had a major injury. It's unfortunate but that injury might've meant that he couldve peaked at the end of his Valencia career/beginning of Barca career. I still think he's WC but its hard to come back from an injury that takes a player out for over half a season and then make a sudden impact like nothing happen. But hopefully he can regain his form.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:33 am

would love him at Arsenal.

i don't care if he's 31.. he's not just some scrub, he's David MF'in Villa..
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:34 am

gondov wrote:
This second fiddle-to -messi thing is nonsense if u watched him in his 1st season.

Messi is hardly a ball-hog and many forwards would enjoy playing with him up top.

And that was clearly not what i meant.He could've easily been the focal point at any other club but he chose Barca instead with having him to play at LW.

And i never said Villa moving to Barca was a mistake ,as a fan i would've wanted him to be the main striker at another club but that was just me.

I can understand where you're coming from though,as you're a Messi fanboy and jumped into conclusions in this instance without even comprehending the context properly.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:36 am

He broke his leg, unless Messi came at him with a sledgehammer I don't see the relation

He shouldn't be playing 90 minutes in consecutive games, but at this point it would be nice to see him feature more

And lmao @ whoever expects or expected Sanchez to be a prolific scorer, take the la liga lenses off

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:38 am

he broke his leg 1 year ago,he could be playing MANY more minutes right now if he was asked to do so.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:44 am

Ganso wrote:he broke his leg 1 year ago,he could be playing MANY more minutes right now if he was asked to do so.

Definitely, but it's not like he's been dropped for no reason
He missed quite a bit of time and that's a factor to be noted, but I agree, he could be playing more

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:45 am

Surag wrote:
gondov wrote:

I can understand where you're coming from though,as you're a Messi fanboy and jumped into conclusions in this instance without even comprehending the context properly.

Nothing wrong with being a Messi fanboy imo. He is that good Razz

The second-fiddle to messi comment thing is widespread on this forum and u can try and pretend as if that isnt what u meant as much as u like.

Anyways, I'm still glad villa joined Barca. That goal vs United in the final was orgasmic :bow:

gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:48 am

Hes welcome at the bridge.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:30 am

Abramovich wrote:Hes welcome at the bridge.

Torres won't welcome him... :coffee:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:57 am

futbol wrote:
And LOL @ Serie A if this guy can score 4 goals in a game over there. He's got 0 goals so far in La Liga this season. 0. ZERO. NULL.صفر. sıfır. нула. 零. nul. nolla. zéro. μηδέν. ゼロ. cero.
where do you get your bad stats from? he scored a winner against Sevilla and that's just 1 goal from the top of my head apparently he's scored 5 in the league, but thanks for showing us the different languages to zero. :coffee:
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:10 am

Donuts wrote:
futbol wrote:
where do you get your bad stats from? he scored a winner against Sevilla and that's just 1 goal from the top of my head apparently he's scored 5 in the league, but thanks for showing us the different languages to zero. :coffee:

I think futbol is trying to say sanchez found it easier to play vs serie a teams than laliga sides.
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:32 am

Donuts wrote:
futbol wrote:

What in the world are you talking about? He's talking about how Alexis Sanchez scored 4 goals in a match against Palermo in the Serie A, but cannot score a single goal this season in La Liga. The extra languages are just to show emphasis on his lack of goalscoring abilities this La Liga season.
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next