Sushi Master
TalkingReckless
Highburied
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Aaron Ramsey - Page 2 Empty Re: Aaron Ramsey

Post by Jay29 Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:42 pm

That is where we'd be going wrong.. Promoting youngsters and putting their bodies through 50 games a season before they hit puberty.

well said.....just cause a young player is talented doesn't mean they have to be playing every game

Which is why I would be happy if we did sign Montolivo, especially on a free.

It's just that I know how we do things. There's still someone like Henri Lasnbury to consider; someone that actually does deserve a run in the first team. Wouldn't surprise me at all if next summer we promoted him and sold Diaby (and Denilson, of course).

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:57 pm

Lansbury is 50-50....depends on how he does for fat sam but i wouldn't be surprised if he is sold.

Wenger has sold better young players without giving them a chance, Merida, Norveit,Barazite etc
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:59 pm

Tell me if you guys go through this dilemma yourself. You hear a rumour about Arsenal being the front runners to sign an exciting player. You are happy , you start day dreaming as to how that player might slot in, how he might create a partnership with the other superstars in the team.... and BAM you start feeling bad for the younger players ala Ramsey, That Turkish-Dutch guy, Lansbury etc etc. Wengers save the youth mantra has had horrible effect on me Smile)
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:15 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:Tell me if you guys go through this dilemma yourself. You hear a rumour about Arsenal being the front runners to sign an exciting player. You are happy , you start day dreaming as to how that player might slot in, how he might create a partnership with the other superstars in the team.... and BAM you start feeling bad for the younger players ala Ramsey, That Turkish-Dutch guy, Lansbury etc etc. Wengers save the youth mantra has had horrible effect on me Smile)

most of them guys won't make it....only one or two usually make it then the club ends up buying other youngsters etc Chamberlain,Walcott,Ramsey
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:01 pm

gunnerlistick wrote:Lansbury is 50-50....depends on how he does for fat sam but i wouldn't be surprised if he is sold.

Wenger has sold better young players without giving them a chance, Merida, Norveit,Barazite etc

Merida left, didn't renew cuz he's a bastard...Nordveit left because he wanted to play immediately and Wenger didn't want to stop his career...and Barazite was obviously never gonna play, see : Samuel Galindo
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by usman111 Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:03 pm

gunnerlistick wrote:most of them guys won't make it....only one or two usually make it then the club ends up buying other youngsters etc Chamberlain,Walcott,Ramsey

how can you say they dont make it... arsenal gets cash from their sales...

see how intelligent i am ☀
usman111
usman111
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:34 pm

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/aaron-ramsey-performance-england-15379858/

Video of Ramsey performance v England

(sorry if already posted)
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:33 pm

I watched that video clip and can conclude that Ramsey is not quite ready (like we did not know that). It is clear that he is going to be a special player, but he lacks footballing maturity that comes with experience (poetic). I guess it is upto Wenger to release him slowly.

Do realize that I do not question his abilities on the ball. He is quite bossy and does not get intimidated and has that sense of entitlement to have the ball passed to him -sign of great players. However when given the ball, he quite frequently makes the wrong decisions.

Check out what he does at 4:16. There is no one covering him, he sees his target man, what does he do? He keeps the ball for another 2 seconds or so- enough time for the English LB to cover the open man. Had he released the ball quicker, the player on the receiving end would have had an open path to the net. GOAL

He will be amazing in the future. I think he has already shaken off the injury. He just lacks experience. He is good enough to contribute to the senior team, but at the present we have better options.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2